PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best free message board hoster?

JoWood
August 2nd, 2004, 07:14 PM
I dunno if thi is spam but, I want to find a free message board hoster. Goliathboards looked good. I think they're like proboards?

How about Invision, I'm not that good with all the coding though.

aRedMoon
August 2nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
Look at Invision, phpBB, and SMFF and see which appeals to you the best.

Imakuni?
August 3rd, 2004, 05:48 PM
clicdev.com is the best imho.

Geometric-sama
August 5th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Do you want to install the software on free hosting or get a ready-made board?

If you're after software, the new project from the creators of YabbSE, Simple Machines, is very good. www.simplemachines.org (My forums use it, you can see it in action at the website)

Invisionfree tends to be pretty good for beginners who don't want to install their own: www.invisionfree.com

samu
August 5th, 2004, 04:56 PM
I use invisionfree, since im not too familiar with things and how to set up a real invisionboard and such~

it works pretty good, IMO!

thelastmen
August 7th, 2004, 06:32 PM
like imakuni says clicdev is the best they got rpg and shops.

Geometric-sama
August 8th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Clicdev? I haven't seen that yet... *clicks over to it*

perthskies
August 10th, 2004, 02:26 AM
ProBoards is good for basic features and easy to manage. I moved up to Invisionfree though... which is great. =)

aRedMoon
August 10th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Hoster? Oh... this should go in webbies then really.

I prefer to get a free account and host yourself... then you have full access to FTP and stuff.

Sakura and Espeon
August 11th, 2004, 07:52 AM
I used my own host for my forums and website, and I can add more features to the forums. ^_^

Boombastic
April 16th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Your best and easiest option would be to use a free forum provider. You could try Forumotion.com. They provide free IPB 1.3 and phpBB hosting with unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth.

I have had experience with them and I think they are pretty good as there are a quite a lot of skins and modifications available and so on.

Zet
April 16th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Remember not to revive threads older than 30 days