View Full Version : New ideas in pokemon

June 14th, 2008, 2:45 AM
Some moves can be stronger on some pokemons like the move "iron head" if it used by a pokemon with strong head like the pokemon "Cranidos" it becomes stronger, same thing with the move "iron tail" it becomes stronger if it used by pokemons with long tails like the pokemon "Ninetales", also lick become stronger if it's used with pokemon with long tongue, well you got the idea.

Shiny pokemons should be stronger than normal pokemons because they're rare and only difference in color is not much.

June 14th, 2008, 3:50 AM
This belongs better in Pokémon General. But really the whole point of Pokemon that can learn moves like Iron Head learn it for that reason. They have a hard head. Same with Iron Tail and Lick. And Shiny Pokémon were more powerful in the 2nd Gen because of the way IVs worked back then, but now a Pokémon's shininess doesn't depend on it's IVs.

June 14th, 2008, 4:21 AM
I tend to disagree with everything you just said. Cranidos and Rampardos did receive a move called Head Smash which it received with Relicanth. It's the same type as the STAB element of Cranidos (rock). Yes, they do have a hard head, but the move Iron Head supposedly hardens the head of the user before the attack, so it really doesn't matter too much. I see where you're going with this, but its meh. The battle engine is primarily based on the base power of the move and STAB. I don't really think the length of one's tail matters in an attack of Iron Tail since the move Iron Tail gives the impression that it only depends on the hardness and force of the tail that is shoved into the opponent. Hardness is already given by the move and force is completely dependent on the attack stat of the user. Now Lick is never dependent on the length of one's tongue. A normal lick doesn't induce pain at all, but the Pokemon attack Lick supposedly secretes a poison of some sort that is used to sting the defending Pokemon. Lick depends on the sting, not the length of a tongue. Length would help accuracy, but...

Secondly it would be extremely hard to make these changes and quite annoying too. If a Pokemon's Iron Head attack were judged upon the hardness of the head, it would have to have some data backing up the attack to calculate the hardness of the head. Thus introducing a whole new category parallel to Weight/Height just for one move. Same with Iron Tail, it would introduce a whole new category just for one move. Now, I personally think that's pretty pointless.

Shiny Pokemon actually were more powerful in the GSC days, since shinyness was dependent of the IVs that a Pokemon had. Now, a Pokemon's strength is just dependent on EVs, IVs, and Natures. IV/Nature breeding is like breeding for shinies, if you think about it with a stretch of imagination. If a Pokemon has good IVs/Natures, then it would be more powerful. Shininess has really nothing to do with strength, though. So what if a Pokemon is oddly colored? I'd like to make a reference to the real world, as in blacks and whites. Color of the skin. A Black person is no more powerful than a white person is, and vice versa. Shininess can be related to this too. They're really equal in strength. If you want strength, then go for IVs/Natures. Shininess has it's own value, and I personally believe that value is great enough.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
June 14th, 2008, 4:45 AM
I do agree with you on the Tails and heads part. Pokemon with bigger body parts should have an extra 10% to the attacks move, kinda like STAB moves.