PDA

View Full Version : 23-->26 discussion

Death_Machine
June 15th, 2008, 04:18 AM
as SilverSmeargleSplatter pointed out before there is a lack of discussion in this section of the Forum sooo... until some of our loved ones scans volume 27. I'm making this thread so we could discuss our general opinion of these volumes.

I believe that these volumes show us again the overall supremacy the manga has over the anime, I mean the characters are deeper, more charismatic, just better! And the the end of the FRLG series is just "!" but yeah, the downside is that till now i really don't like Emerald he just failz.

VideoFan9864
June 15th, 2008, 06:43 AM
as SilverSmeargleSplatter pointed out before there is a lack of discussion in this section of the Forum sooo... until some of our loved ones scans volume 27. I'm making this thread so we could discuss our general opinion of these volumes.

I believe that these volumes show us again the overall supremacy the manga has over the anime, I mean the characters are deeper, more charismatic, just better! And the the end of the FRLG series is just "!" but yeah, the downside is that till now i really don't like Emerald he just failz.

I recently read the emerald saga starting from volume 26 and the summaries in serebii. In my opinion its not half bad. Also don't forget that the FRLG and Emerald sagas are in a way intertwined and its really getting to the good part. Also as much as I agree on you on the supremacy part, the anime is still the one getting privedge to television so its pointless.

Ok since we are up to discussion, what do you guys think of the red and deoxys connection? I think deoxys is really the perfect battle partner for him seing that they can track each other down and they can both synchronize with each other. Also I wonder what if mewtwo was with giovanni and red with deoxys and they battled with those pokemon? This is because in that anime (that I don't like) Giovanni was with mewtwo.

Also anyone please join in the discussion thread I made for the ending of the emarald saga. http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142024

Mileyangel
June 15th, 2008, 06:59 AM
The manga kicks the anime's as*!! But I'm the only person who likes Pokemon(or any manga or anime) in my school, and everytime I bring up Pokemon, they only think about the anime. They don't even know what a manga is.

But the FRLG saga is probably my favorite. All of the characters look FANTASTIC, and the plotline is pretty deep, not pointless like the anime. It's serious, unlike the happy-go-lucky anime.

The ending was pretty good too, which I have to admit. It had a very surprising ending. The world isn't all teddy bear hugs and gumdrop kisses. Besides, even though it's taking a while, it will have a satisfying ending, and I am glad that I had the chance to read it thanks to our wonderful scanners.

All in all, the FRLG series is great.

lara lynx
June 15th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Its more realistic if you get what I mean. In the anime, something bad happens, they fix it, no ones hurt, everythings happy again. Its not so simple inthe manga, it just has more. The characters have real personalitlies, and it actually tells you more about their lives rather than just focussing on the pokemon and battles.

VideoFan9864
June 15th, 2008, 04:42 PM
The manga kicks the anime's as*!! But I'm the only person who likes Pokemon(or any manga or anime) in my school, and everytime I bring up Pokemon, they only think about the anime. They don't even know what a manga is.

But the FRLG saga is probably my favorite. All of the characters look FANTASTIC, and the plotline is pretty deep, not pointless like the anime. It's serious, unlike the happy-go-lucky anime.

The ending was pretty good too, which I have to admit. It had a very surprising ending. The world isn't all teddy bear hugs and gumdrop kisses. Besides, even though it's taking a while, it will have a satisfying ending, and I am glad that I had the chance to read it thanks to our wonderful scanners.

All in all, the FRLG series is great.

Oh speaking of the ending in FRLG. I'm both happy and annoyed. Happy in the sense that not all the sagas had happy ever after endings and the result of that ending will make a good stotryline in emerald where all ten of them will actually meet. The annoying part is that oh come on like giovanni said, the computer r, deoxys divides, deoxys, the beast trio, and even landing the airship coudn't stop them. But they were cheap shoted by a woman who can barely even stand?

Mileyangel
June 15th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Oh speaking of the ending in FRLG. I'm both happy and annoyed. Happy in the sense that not all the sagas had happy ever after endings and the result of that ending will make a good stotryline in emerald where all ten of them will actually meet. The annoying part is that oh come on like giovanni said, the computer r, deoxys divides, deoxys, the beast trio, and even landing the airship coudn't stop them. But they were cheap shoted by a woman who can barely even stand?

Yeah! Seriously, I would have been so P/Oed by that time that I would have slapped her across the face numerous times. I mean honestly, she's really creepy, and I would have been so exhausted and sick of looking at her face at that point that I would have been close to losing it. But hey, that's just quick-tempered old me.

Tsuin
June 15th, 2008, 07:30 PM
FRLG was definitely the best saga, since the original characters return (my favorites) and because they finally humanized Red instead of having him as someone who can't be fazed by anything. Plus, the plot is ingenious, and that's the most important factor in my opinion.

Mileyangel
June 15th, 2008, 07:38 PM
FRLG was definitely the best saga, since the original characters return (my favorites) and because they finally humanized Red instead of having him as someone who can't be fazed by anything.

THANK YOU. I like it when authors make an effort to actually make their characters seem a little human.

VideoFan9864
June 15th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah! Seriously, I would have been so P/Oed by that time that I would have slapped her across the face numerous times. I mean honestly, she's really creepy, and I would have been so exhausted and sick of looking at her face at that point that I would have been close to losing it. But hey, that's just quick-tempered old me.

Oh and also Sid made a giant boo boo on the last chapter of 302. Why exactly did she smile? I mean after all their entire mission was only to fetch silver and bring them back to the boss. All that trouble and we turned him to stone? Giovanni is really going to kill Sid.

red king
June 16th, 2008, 02:53 AM
the firered and greenleaf saga was the best my favorite character return to the spotlight red, he was deafeted really bad wich is good for him to get stronger he got mature when in the crisis he was making the decisions in the end i cried because all of them (excluding silver) are characters that i like. anyway the ending was more in the real life everything won't be happy in the end thats why the manga is best than the anime but the more people know of the manga the more support we will have

Death_Machine
June 16th, 2008, 04:29 AM
yes my favorite characters are in this saga... but what i still don't like is that freakishly strong pikachu he has. I mean COME ON! it uses thunder and almost killed the deoxys the other pokemon couldn't even touch. And also this isn't the first time red goes solid xD

Tsuin
June 16th, 2008, 08:20 AM
Well, it's fairly reasonable that Pikachu is Red's strongest pokemon...it's on level 85, while the rest of his are only in the 70's, or in Espeon's case, 60's. The only pokemon Red has that's on par with Pikachu is Snorlax, and he's more defense-oriented anyway.

Mileyangel
June 16th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Oh and also Sid made a giant boo boo on the last chapter of 302. Why exactly did she smile? I mean after all their entire mission was only to fetch silver and bring them back to the boss. All that trouble and we turned him to stone? Giovanni is really going to kill Sid.

Lol. I'd LOVE to hear that conversation. I mean, Sird even said to Carr that it was supposed to be a "joyous occassion" and yet she turns Silver into STONE?! That's a no-no. I would TOTALLY fire her. BTW, did Giovanni die yet? He had third-degree burns on top of a supposed illness.

VideoFan9864
June 16th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Lol. I'd LOVE to hear that conversation. I mean, Sird even said to Carr that it was supposed to be a "joyous occassion" and yet she turns Silver into STONE?! That's a no-no. I would TOTALLY fire her. BTW, did Giovanni die yet? He had third-degree burns on top of a supposed illness.

Well according to chapter 301, he is still alive. Silver told his ursaring to bring him to one of his secret bases to take care of him so I believe silver will still come back for him. If not in emerald then maybe in another chapter. Also about Sid, I think she has other plans. I mean Orm is dead we can be sure of that and Carr is a traitor. Also since Giovanni has not returned I believe the best move she will make is to take over team rocket. If Giovanni resurected the entire team rocket and Sid reports that Giovanni dies in the hands of the Pokedex holders, then she will have an army on her side.

Also I kinda wish they would made other sagas of the manga instead of just the ones based on the games. Because in my opinion a lot of facts can still be said.

Noam
June 18th, 2008, 09:18 AM
I think Giovanni will stop to control Team Rocket, and stay alive, because even that 5 humans died in the end of RS, the came back to life.
But what is realy hard to me is... what will happen to the Pokedex holders? They turned out to stone!

chamo-chan
June 18th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Ah, I loved this part of the manga.
The FR/LG and Emerald arc are one of my favorites. For many reasons.

-New change in clothes.
-more about Silver's past.
-Mewtwo's return (and also Mew's)
-Emerald's personality.
-Latios and Latias.
-Return of Archie. (which really surprised me).

VideoFan9864
June 18th, 2008, 04:38 PM

-New change in clothes.
-Emerald's personality.
-Latios and Latias.

Although I did enjoy that archie has returned but what happened to Maxie? I mean why concentrate on only the blue orb? It seems not fair. If that were the case I wish that they should have just concentrated on a new character, lets say one of the frontier brains as the main antagonist. Controlling lets say the green orb for rayquaza. I mean you already have the land and sea back in RS and although rayquaza did appear back then it was not an enemy.

Also come on guys I know its a spoiler but I'm sure some of you already read the summaries on Serebii. Please give your thoughts on my thread about the emerald saga
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142024

Lastly how do you guys make polls? You see on some of the threads like the favorite and least favorite characters as well as the manga to anime and the manga game, I really think they would be a good idea if they have polls. That way we can vote on it and see what will come up.

Noam
June 19th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Stop write spoilers! This is discussionabout 23-->26, not 27-->28!

VideoFan9864
June 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Stop write spoilers! This is discussionabout 23-->26, not 27-->28!

Sorry about that. We were just exited about the emerald saga since the ending will be shown soon and the FRLG and Emerald saga are somehow connected in a way.

Death_Machine
June 20th, 2008, 04:38 AM
yes please don't write spoilers i'm starting to jump the replies your writing because of your spoilers, I haven't read the summaries and won't, if you cannot stop yourself from writing a spoiler, just make a "show spoiler" thing.

VideoFan9864
June 21st, 2008, 04:02 AM
Anyone else see Gold and Crystal making a comeback? There is a chance of the G/S remakes on the DS and Gold and Crystal were absent during the Fr/Lg saga.

These are the spoiler tags right? If they are not there is always room for correction

They already made a comeback in the emerald saga. If you are referring to G/S remakes I no longer see a reason to, but you can never know. It would be cool though.

red king
June 21st, 2008, 07:38 AM
and about pikachu being his strongest pokemon remember that pika was power up by the power of the viridian forest and all of red's pokemon are above 80 exept vee and the others that are in the box

Maxim
June 21st, 2008, 10:36 AM
I have a question.

Volume 26 has a list of chapter subtitles, just like Volume 22 had, right?

Could Avegaille or somebody else scan it?

It's really disappointing that Avegaille doesn't scan bonus features.

Alli
June 21st, 2008, 02:45 PM

And watch that person be the last one to post on this thread. -shot-

Everytime I head to this part of the forum, I feel this dark vibe coming off it...just cause it's lonely and sadly one of the most dead sections.

Lastly how do you guys make polls? You see on some of the threads like the favorite and least favorite characters as well as the manga to anime and the manga game, I really think they would be a good idea if they have polls. That way we can vote on it and see what will come up.

There should be something that says 'make poll' or something like that.

and Gold and Crystal were absent during the Fr/Lg saga.

Although, they are in the Emerald saga. Who else would be helping to get the five dex holders destoned? Really, now. Someone's gotta help.

-New change in clothes.
-Emerald's personality.
-Latios and Latias.

That's what I like about it, too.

-cough- And the Special, OldRival, and ViridianShipping hints randomly thrown in...-cough-

-cough- There's a JadeShipping hint, too. -cough-

sirboulevard
June 22nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
FR/LG is one of my favorite sagas (after GSC). Here's why:
1) Lorelei turns good
2) Sevii Islands
3) Red and Green have somewhat of a personality switch. (Green even mentions it in Vol. 25)
4) Blue's Parents sub-plot
5) Silver + Giovanni
6) Deoxys Vs. Mewtwo (a truly epic battle)
7) Starts linking the RBYGSC sagas to the RS ones.
8) Brings back the most beloved heros and heroines of Pokemon Special (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Silver!)

blue2009
June 22nd, 2008, 02:41 AM
hey i am new to the sight i was wondering where do you find the manga like the first ones b4 the show not special...then again any pokemon manga would be nice XD

Noam
June 22nd, 2008, 03:32 AM
-cough- And the Special, OldRival, and ViridianShipping hints randomly thrown in...-cough-

-cough- There's a JadeShipping hint, too. -cough-

Shipping of...?
(at Viridian and Jade)

Death_Machine
June 22nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
FR/LG is one of my favorite sagas (after GSC). Here's why:
1) Lorelei turns good

I don't really understand why she does anyway... I mean she was one of the genuinly evil guys, her and Agatha that is (I wonder what happened to her though)

Alli
June 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Shipping of...?
(at Viridian and Jade)

SilverxYellow, and BluexYellow, respectively.

8) Brings back the most beloved heros and heroines of Pokemon Special (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Silver!)

9) Crystal's not in it!!! :D -shot by Crys's fanbase-

sirboulevard
June 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
9) Crystal's not in it!!! :D -shot by Crys's fanbase-
Wait! Crystal has fan base? Just Kidding. I do love the heros of GSC (Gold's my favorite character) but what I was trying to say is the characters taking the lead in FRLG are the original heros who've had the most character development, and the ones more people are emotionally attached to. Besides Crystal is [Censored as to not give out spoilers] anyways.

Noam
June 23rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
SilverxYellow, and BluexYellow, respectively.
Yellow wanted :shocked: .

Alli
June 23rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Yellow wanted

How does that count for twenty five characters?

Anyway, Yellow is probably the most shippable character.

Back on topic...uhhh...well, no one's really on topic. :/

I guess lets not let this thread die.

What is your favorite part of Volumes 23-26?

I may have already said, but:

1) Silver's father is revealed, not to mention the emotions that ran with it.
2) Any OldRival hints. ;D
3) Red is holding Yellow in his arms when they are turned to stone.(although, JadeShippers have an upper hand on this one because Blue was holding her, first)

VideoFan9864
June 23rd, 2008, 06:45 PM
How does that count for twenty five characters?

Anyway, Yellow is probably the most shippable character.

Back on topic...uhhh...well, no one's really on topic. :/

I guess lets not let this thread die.

I may have already said, but:

1) Silver's father is revealed, not to mention the emotions that ran with it.
2) Any OldRival hints. ;D
3) Red is holding Yellow in his arms when they are turned to stone.(although, JadeShippers have an upper hand on this one because Blue was holding her, first)

I would think that Specialshipping (RedXYellow) would be the most preferred since multiple hints are given.
1. The red string thing (when yellow hooked red's little finger)
2. The holding of yellow in his arms. I mean yes blue (girl) held her first but exactly why did red take yellow when Sid appeared when he knows he can battle better without holding anything? Its like the writers wanted them to be stoned in that position.

Also Old Rival is Blue with Green right? Yes there are hints to that but not as obvious as Red X Yellow.

My favorite things about Volumes 23-26?
Well there are a lot of things
1. Character development on all of them, Although the main storyline and most character development is for Red.
2. The Beast Trio, I mean talk about rocket elites so much better then the anime. (Although I kinda wish Sid had better pokemon)
3. Mewtwo vs Deoxys, the first legendary vs legendary I saw that is good.
4. The battleship landing
5. The unexpected ending

Mileyangel
June 24th, 2008, 03:41 PM

*The new character designs look FANTASTIC
* The characters get VERY developed
* Red gets "humanized"
* Legendary pokemon are evil at first
* Blue and Silver's past is revealed a bit more(chapter Escape!)
* The plot is completely original and interesting

To make a long story short, the FRLG series kicks a**.

lalalagirl
June 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
I don't really understand why she does anyway... I mean she was one of the genuinly evil guys, her and Agatha that is (I wonder what happened to her though)

Because four island is her hometown i'm pretty sure :)

red king
June 24th, 2008, 07:27 PM
yeah thats the main reason lorelei join the dex holder in the battle against team rocket

sirboulevard
June 24th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I just like it because Lorelei is one of my favorite characters (I wasn't happy when they removed her from the E4 in GSC. The only thing I didn't like about them!), but I do see your point, it didn't make sense why she went good in the Manga. But I'm a BallShipper (Lorelei x Bill) so I needed her to become good.

VideoFan9864
June 24th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I just like it because Lorelei is one of my favorite characters (I wasn't happy when they removed her from the E4 in GSC. The only thing I didn't like about them!), but I do see your point, it didn't make sense why she went good in the Manga. But I'm a BallShipper (Lorelei x Bill) so I needed her to become good.

GSC they featured only the elite four of johto. In my opinion it DID make sense that she went good. After all the only reason she wanted to wipe out humanity was because of the pollution they made which killed numerous pokemon and their habitats plus the sevi islands is her hometown and team rocket has disrupted it.

Also I kinda wish that instead of a new beast trio. Giovanni should have used the old team rocket triad. I mean of course Koga has left but there are still surge and subrina. Also I believe that the fans would have wanted to see a rematch with Red and Surge and Lorelei with Subrina. At the same time they can bring back the old characters.

Plus in a totally unrelated topic. Did you guys ever wondered why Red's hat just fell off before he became a statue? I mean COME ON
1. Deoxys rammed him in high speed on their first battle
2. Deoxys grabbed him and circled the air, not to mention mewtwo barely hitting him with its Psychic attack
3. They almost fell off the airship when Carr took over the airship's controls
4. Plus the last crash before Mew intervened, they basically got tossed around the armory

Now I have heard that some characters have a signiture look (in red's case the hat) and some writers no matter what keeps that image but why only before becomming a statue?

Mileyangel
June 25th, 2008, 01:47 AM
Plus in a totally unrelated topic. Did you guys ever wondered why Red's hat just fell off before he became a statue? I mean COME ON
2. Deoxys grabbed him and circled the air, not to mention mewtwo barely hitting him with its Psychic attack
4. Plus the last crash before Mew intervened, they basically got tossed around the armory

Now I have heard that some characters have a signiture look (in red's case the hat) and some writers no matter what keeps that image but why only before becomming a statue?

LOL!!!!!! I was like "WTF?" when I read that. I mean, after ALL of that, his hat only gets knocked off by that ONE blow.

VideoFan9864
June 25th, 2008, 02:03 AM
LOL!!!!!! I was like "WTF?" when I read that. I mean, after ALL of that, his hat only gets knocked off by that ONE blow.

By the looks of the picture (at least I think it is) it got knocked out while he was running to jump into the blast. Kinda makes you wonder right?

red king
June 25th, 2008, 03:31 AM
maybe mewtwo took it he wasen't there or the hat hold the special ability of red who knows is just so wierd that old that happen and his hat didn't fall

sirboulevard
June 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM

I think it's for a little bit of minor detail for Emerald saga actually. I mean they're posed as statues there, but wouldn't you be suspicious if a statue was wearing a hat? It's not very polite or artistic. That's why Red and Yellow's hats are missing. Also, its a bit of symbolism, like in movies where the soldier who gives their life for something the camera shows only the helmet of that soldier rolling on the ground.

Ageless Irony
June 25th, 2008, 04:25 PM
I think it's for a little bit of minor detail for Emerald saga actually. I mean they're posed as statues there, but wouldn't you be suspicious if a statue was wearing a hat? It's not very polite or artistic. That's why Red and Yellow's hats are missing. Also, its a bit of symbolism, like in movies where the soldier who gives their life for something the camera shows only the helmet of that soldier rolling on the ground.

Yeah. That about sums it up...

Blue actually looks a lot better once you get used to the outfit...
I used to think she looked absolutely horrible compared to the older versions, but she's still cute...

VideoFan9864
June 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM

Oh that is a pretty good point. However if that were true then they should have taken out blue's (girl) hat off too. Also Red's hat is like his signature when he poses to show his identity in a few times just like twerpchum. I mean he has it on almost every situation even while taking a bath or swimming for crying out loud. Also in FRLG when he already lost his jacket and shirt he still kept the hat on.

Also as a side note while they were turning into stone they all looked scared to death but right after they looked neutral. Although not very artistic that they looked terrified it would still be more logical. I kinda agree with the funny scans thing.

red king
June 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
yes but in the end they said in there mind "what the heck we will turn into stone might as well do cool poses so the readers get pump" and red looks mad because his hat fell off

Mileyangel
June 26th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Yeah. That about sums it up...

Blue actually looks a lot better once you get used to the outfit...
I used to think she looked absolutely horrible compared to the older versions, but she's still cute...

Well, in my case, I hated that outfit even before I read the manga. I play the Firered Leafgreen game, and I was the female character(obviously). I didn't like the outfit at all. But Blue totally works it.

lalalagirl
June 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Well, in my case, I hated that outfit even before I read the manga. I play the Firered Leafgreen game, and I was the female character(obviously). I didn't like the outfit at all. But Blue totally works it.

I liked everything in the outfit... except the hat. It looked like a huge blob O.o. But after i got used to it i started to like the outfit xD i think blue just makes everything look good.

Noam
June 26th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I think that in the manga the hat is ugly.
Maybe it's because I saw her only without a hat until FRLG.

red king
June 26th, 2008, 11:16 AM
well blues outfit fit her good but because we were use to the little black dress seeing her with the mini skirt that looks good on her and the hat trows you off a bit

Alli
June 26th, 2008, 01:44 PM
So we're now discussing Blue's outfit?

Okay, well keep in mind that Silver picked it out for her. He's got good taste, in my opinion.

Lets see what he picks out for me.

Wallace Berlitz
June 26th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Actually, it's not Silver gave her. Her design is design by Nintendo. That's her official design. But I think Satshi made Silver gave her that outfit. But the one who created Blue's outfit is awesome.

Maxim
June 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Actually, it's not Silver gave her. Her design is design by Nintendo. That's her official design. But I think Satshi made Silver gave her that outfit. But the one who created Blue's outfit is awesome.

Yeah, but in the actual manga it was Silver who gave her the new clothes.

Because, you know, the explanation "Yeah. Nintendo gave me new clothes" wouldn't work in the manga's plot.

Death_Machine
June 27th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Yeah, but in the actual manga it was Silver who gave her the new clothes.

Because, you know, the explanation "Yeah. Nintendo gave me new clothes" wouldn't work in the manga's plot.

lol soooo true, in the manga they change stuff like ruby's hat for example it just couldn't be his hair so in the manga they made that whole "it's a hat thing".

Tsuin
June 27th, 2008, 03:21 PM
lol soooo true, in the manga they change stuff like ruby's hat for example it just couldn't be his hair so in the manga they made that whole "it's a hat thing".

Which actually made sense, since an adolescent/teenager with white hair is just ridiculous. They were also able to use his hat as a plot point for his scar, which made it make even more sense. In summary, hat=good.

chamo-chan
June 28th, 2008, 11:53 AM
>_>

<_<

DId I miss something?

Anyway, I like Blue's hat.

(Is this part of the discussion?)

Mileyangel
June 28th, 2008, 06:34 PM
^I'm not much of a hat person, myself.

red king
June 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
yeah but it was wierd seeing blue with a hat and red with his hat in normal fashion then again his hat was in that way to in gsc saga