View Full Version : Which is the best starter trio?

June 16th, 2008, 11:51 AM
As a three-Pokémon combo, which are the best three starters?

1. Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur
2. Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium
3. Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile
4. Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra

...or all they all as good as eachother?

June 16th, 2008, 11:53 AM
The Johto group remains my faves...Totodile FTW.

super onii chan
June 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
G/S/C had the best starters in my opion, so i go with 2.

June 16th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Id go with 1 because theyre all really strong like charizard hes just a legend lol

June 16th, 2008, 12:01 PM
This belongs better in Pokemon General.

June 16th, 2008, 12:05 PM
i'd go with 1. charizard, blastoise, and venusaur are ALL powerful in my eyes. plus, the only ones from the other generations i like are feraligatr and sceptile

June 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Kanto definately. They're stronger AND look better.

June 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I really like the second trio, but didnt like the fourth trio

What would be the best three from all of them (one grass, one fire, one water)

June 16th, 2008, 12:56 PM
1. Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur - Top Choice! The first, and best.
2. Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Meganium
3. Blaziken, Swampert, Sceptile
4. Infernape, Empoleon, Torterra

About the others:

Group 2 - Felt indifferent to them, but I didn't hate them
Group 3 - Sceptile = pile of crap. Swampert didn't really make go wow, but Blaziken did.
Group 4 - Infernape = rip off of Blaziken me thinks. Empoleon = great design, nice steel mix...though it had added weaknesses. Like, fighting. Torterra = Never used it/trained it. Can't say.

June 16th, 2008, 4:32 PM
well 2 has 3 really great ones but 3 has mudkip...its a tie!

June 16th, 2008, 5:41 PM
2 is the best. Typhlosion has a weakness of water, but water-type attacks can't kill him easily. Feraligatr has a strong firepower and it has a lot of cool attacks. Lastly, Meganium has low defense but attack, sp attack and HP is high. You can count on them. I even defeat Elite Four with no Revives or Hyper Potions, but I only used Eithers. :P

June 16th, 2008, 5:42 PM
WHAT? this a joke!!?!?@!?

its 1. most definetly.

i mean they're all like buff and stuff and charizard is just a beast lolz

(if only venasaur was replaced with sceptile)

June 16th, 2008, 6:57 PM
2, both because it's my favorite gen, and because I see a good balance of what Nintendo was doing back then. They were fresh off the first gen, they had their creative juices flowing, and they put out some really good Pokemon, IMO, in the Johto generation. Nothing was really botched (except Meganium...).

As Darknessvolt brought up, Typhlosion has the water weakness, but Thunderpunch was a TM in that gen, which made him even more powerful :D!

June 16th, 2008, 7:35 PM
1st gen by a long way, they were all so cool. 4th gen were terrible, a penguin, a monkey and an island. I didn't like them what so ever.

June 16th, 2008, 7:47 PM
2nd Gen was the best, with Gen I behind by a hair. I agree dragonsrule, Gen IV was just terrible. I traded away my DP starter for a Entei because I hated it so much.

June 16th, 2008, 8:09 PM
1st gen by a long way, they were all so cool. 4th gen were terrible, a penguin, a monkey and an island. I didn't like them what so ever.

An island? I guess that would kind of suit Toterra lol

I would probably say a tie between 1st and 2nd generation has the best starter trio because of looking at the stats. Not to mention they have the same stats.

Meganium, Blastoise-Eh, not so hot, but it has a good balance of stats, just HP might be a bit low
Typhlosion, Charizard- Both have very good attack, Sp. attack, and speed
Venasaur, Feraligatr- Pretty good stats, about the same, although Venasaur has more Sp. attack and Feraligatr has more attack.

June 16th, 2008, 8:20 PM
Well from a competitive perspective, it's between third and fourth generation.

The top two starters are Infernape and Swampert which are from fourth and third respectively. So it depends on who is better between Blaziken & Sceptile and Empoleon & Torterra.

Personally though, second generation is my favorite set of starters.

June 16th, 2008, 9:26 PM
1st gen they rock men
im out iight

June 16th, 2008, 10:10 PM
i thought second generation looked the coolest, while first generation play the best

charizard is a beast, but typhlosions an awesome tank and blaziken can take down the best of the best if used right

June 16th, 2008, 10:20 PM
#1, they got it right the first time, originals will always be my favorite. Though I did like my blaziken.

June 16th, 2008, 10:36 PM
From third evolutions, first gen. From starters unevolved, second gen.

I have to say, I have never felt a grass type starter was good, except for the new gen, with Torterra.

June 16th, 2008, 10:50 PM
i can't pike i wish i could pick one from every gen i would pick
Fire = Charizard no Question
Water was a bit hard but = it went to feraligatr (followed very closly by Sawmpet)
Grass= torterra No qestion all the others are Crap
LIke i Bulbasar i give it a 4
meganium i give it a 5 it was desent
secptile other than that it can learn Leaf blade at a low level its crap so i give it a 3

But because i have to pick my answer gose 1423

June 22nd, 2008, 3:07 PM
2nd Generation hands down , I had my Typholosion is Silver Version , Feraligator in gold and Typholosion again in Crystal (i liked meganium but not that much) . The 1st generation is right behind them and 3rd generation was really good just not as good as the others. and the 4th generation sucks! Im going to trade my infernape for a typholosion just like the good old gold and silver days. so in order its

2nd Generation
1st Generation
3rd Generation
4th Generation

June 22nd, 2008, 3:24 PM
Generation IV
Generation II
Generation I
Generation III

those are on terms of power and usefulness.

Fire: Typlosion (thunderpunch, hello!)
Water: Swampert (earthquake much?)
Grass: Torterra (same reason as swampert)

June 22nd, 2008, 4:16 PM
I think 1 and 3 got me into pokemon the most. As much as I liked Quilava and Typhlosion...they didn't really hit it for me.

June 22nd, 2008, 4:48 PM
1st and 3rd gen are best in my opinion. I did like 4th gen though problem is I didnt like Infernape, Blaziken is much more better

June 22nd, 2008, 7:49 PM
1 st generation is the best. 2nd not bad too. Others worse.

June 23rd, 2008, 8:03 AM
Hmm I think it's between 1st and 4th generation. There will always be love for the first generation, and even looking back without bias, they're still great. I love the newest ones too. Piplup is one of my favorite pokemon, and Empoleon, besides having the best name of all starters ever, is freakin cool and has so many type strengths defensively. I love Torterra too, when my Grotle evolved I was like "Yay! My Grotle evolved into Planet Earth!" XD