PDA

View Full Version : Is my pokemon emerald a fake???

Leitz09
June 17th, 2008, 05:23 AM
pls help me guys... i dont know if my game is an authentic one... the cartridge is green and the sticker looks like an ordinary sticker (stickers just like those of other games...)... thats all the facts i got, ty in advance....

Katnip
June 17th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Could you upload a picture?
This isn't the first time I've seen something like this; I knew a boy who had a regular-colored cartridge (Gray) and an Emerald version sticker that was different from the ones on the official games. I don't think his was entirely legit.

Skaterzpenguin
June 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Just like Katnip said, upload a picture and we can help ya. Also if you played the game already was there anything different...?

El Gofre
June 17th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Is the green translucent or opaque?

Jabunks
June 17th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I belive its a rom uploaded to a blank cartridge, try playing it through and find ANYTHING you think could be changed.

Leitz09
June 18th, 2008, 04:23 AM
well the cartridge is green see through something.... its not opaque coz you can see the inside CLEARLY... and also, i bought it at ebay and said that the supplier is somewhere in Hongkong....

Xyrin
June 18th, 2008, 04:26 AM
I'd say fake they usually don't sparkle like that. (I think)

Man of Faith
June 18th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I think they do, but I haven't seen Emerald in a while... :/

But the cartridge itself looks odd. That's more of a teal-ish color from what I see... :/

It could be my computer, though... The real one should be just dark green...

Harry Blue5
June 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
There is the official Nintendo thing on the cartridge, but it's different to my one. Then again, my friends PMD: RRT cartridge Is different to mine, but the package is wrong... way wrong. And they could've of faked the official Nintendo sign.

I'm really not sure.

ShadowTails
June 18th, 2008, 08:02 AM
The cartridge sticker should be holofoil, and the box doesn't look right. Hong Kong? Probably fake, only one way to find out, Pokemon Diamond or Pearl. That's how I found out mine was real.

Skaterzpenguin
June 18th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Ok, The picture of the GBA game is a little odd, but just the sticker otherwise everything else is fine. Also the box is nothing different and not fake. I still have my gba emerald box. Maybe they make there games a little different in Hong Kong, and maybe they ran out of those stickers and added on green ones instead. who knows, but this looks real, but if you fine something interesting and different in the game then it might be fake or hack or w/e. :]

Red1530
June 18th, 2008, 09:28 AM
The box looks a little odd. Otherwise it looks fine to me.

MightyMightyena
June 18th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I think its a legit one, the box and cart look exactly like the ones I have...which im pretty sure are legit cus I bought them from Best Buy

Ryuzaki_Lawliet
June 18th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hong Kong could make them differently.. the box is off.. Sometimes if you go to a game exchange they'll let you see the real thing; then tell you if it's fake or not because it's one of the things they're trained for.

Dialga450
June 18th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Dude upload a picture and i can figure it out.

Jabunks
June 18th, 2008, 11:43 PM
That looks legit, I'd compare it to Googled images of the case
Infact, I'll judge it myself...(Googles)

Naw, but its probobly a different version, Im sure its legit, I mean, if it wasn't who would notice? Nothing should be affected, so I'd just forget about it...

spike6958
June 19th, 2008, 12:05 PM
look's legit to me, if it wasn't chances are the cartrige would be black not green.

Ampremas_tortoise
June 20th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I'd say fake they usually don't sparkle like that. (I think)

Naw, the box is all sparkly like that, I still have it on my dresser somewhere (^-X;)

You'll probly have to play it through and look for weird changes or something. It looks legit to me, just from the box. That's what mine looked like when I bought it at BestBuy. Legitimately.

GKS
June 20th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Dude upload a picture and i can figure it out.

Dude, he did upload a picture.

Did you buy the game from a store or from someone else?

Yuoaman
June 20th, 2008, 05:03 PM
It's legit, looks exactly like mine, and I know mine is legit, bought it at Walmart...

Leitz09
June 20th, 2008, 05:09 PM
"Did you buy the game from a store or from someone else?"
i bought the game at ebay......

"It's legit, looks exactly like mine, and I know mine is legit, bought it at Walmart... "
Did you try the game to your pearl/diamond??? what happened???

MikeSalZap
June 20th, 2008, 05:35 PM
duhd never buy in EBAY only yn amazon, game stop, walmart, and other fame stores dont buy to much on the WWW or you will be blufe u

Yuoaman
June 20th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well I transferred my Regi's from Emerald, is that what you mean?

Leitz09
June 20th, 2008, 09:28 PM
duhd never buy in EBAY only yn amazon, game stop, walmart, and other fame stores dont buy to much on the WWW or you will be blufe u

tnx for the advice... but what i want is to know if my game is fake or not.....

Austinia
June 20th, 2008, 09:37 PM
why does it matter if its fake?

sonic smash down
June 20th, 2008, 09:49 PM
it looks pretty legit, my emerald looks just like that, but i cant tell you for sure because looks can be deceiving is there anything different from the origanal emerald or something youve noticed that may make it look fake to you?

Idiot!
June 21st, 2008, 02:54 AM
Insert random filler here.

Magnezone
June 22nd, 2008, 04:47 AM
it does matter, fakes have issues, they sometimes stop working because of cheap batteries so best be careful. it does look genuine, though, the cover seems perfectly normal as unrealistic sparkles can be attributed to the angle of light / camera flash. guess if it keeps working and stays compatible with other legit stuff, then there's nothing to worry about.

Darkrai Lv X
June 22nd, 2008, 12:25 PM
It looks EXACTLY as mine does,and mine is 100% legit.I think yours is fine.

261Poochyena
June 23rd, 2008, 09:26 AM
can you post a screen shot, both me and my friend have emerald and they have different boxs

Leitz09
June 24th, 2008, 04:08 AM
thanks for the help guys.....

.emerald
June 24th, 2008, 05:09 AM
ITS orig alright!!!(my emerald looks just the same!!)i don't see why you need to know that its fake.(i don't know about mine though....., latias is dragon-flying!!!)

rememberTHISusername
June 24th, 2008, 01:58 PM
I think the cartridge is supposed to be green.
Did you buy it from a game store?? or online??

Ninja Caterpie
June 24th, 2008, 11:29 PM
Hmmm
Everything looks the same as my emerald except for the cartridge sticker.
-My sticker has a bluish/silver background
-My "Nintendo Seal of Quality" is on the left. It isn't that shape, either.
My friend's Em is the same as mine...

AdvanceMapper
June 25th, 2008, 09:09 PM
It's definetely a fake.

1.Hong Kong and China are famous for making pirate games of Pokemon. ( I should know becuase from that place and in my home country, we must do bad stuff to get money like make fake copy of games.)
2. The Official Nintendo seal isn't on there. (Shouldn't it be on the left?)
3.The box doesn't sparkle. (Just see the pic)
4.The cartidge's color is incorrect because the green should be darker. (Both Sapphire and Ruby's color are dark and Emerald follows this pattern.
5.The Emerald sticker is suposed to have a shiny sliver slant thingy background.

......Must I go on?

Also excues me if I have bad graamar.