PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Ranch, worth the points?

Saltare.
June 17th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I've been begging my mom to get me Wii points, and she fianlly gave in and bought me a 2000 point card. I was looking at My Pokemon Ranch on the Nintendo Channel and it looked cool. But I want to know before I waste half my points, is it worth getting?

Silver
June 17th, 2008, 08:43 AM
If you need any extra space for storing pokemon from your Diamond or Pearl games than yes you should get it.

Saltare.
June 17th, 2008, 09:48 AM
well I do need extra space, but my brother wants me to get it just so he can see Gardevoir and Kirlia on it

Persona
June 17th, 2008, 10:16 AM
well I do need extra space, but my brother wants me to get it just so he can see Gardevoir and Kirlia on it

Pokémon Ranch's gameplay is shallow. It's hardly interactive, and the graphics are overly simplistic. It's really just there for the purpose of performing a service to the players rather than entertainment. If you need a bit of direction with your Pokédex or extra space for your collection, then I guess it's worth looking into. Otherwise, you won't find much else.

I personally don't find the game worth 1000 points.

Saltare.
June 17th, 2008, 10:29 AM
me either, but i might get it. It might be cool to see Darkrai,Shaymin,Arceus and all those legendaries there

Shem
June 17th, 2008, 01:05 PM
if you trade with hayley there she will eventually give you a mew and a phione, not to mention a bubch of other pokemon that are technically events and worth someting over wi-fi trading

Saltare.
June 18th, 2008, 09:06 AM
i have pokemon ranch now. can a moderator please close this thread?

super-7
June 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
the game is awesome it can store your pokemon and you can get some wicked pokemon outta it

EndGame
June 30th, 2008, 01:13 AM
this is just the thread i needed, i was wondering about this piece of wiiware the other day when i purchased my 2k card so i could get a few nes games (punch out was calling me from the grave). it semed decent enough but the nintendo website did very lttle to advertise it besides make me vote against getting it.

Shem
June 30th, 2008, 04:59 AM
i would get it. Its 10 dollars top get 22 event pokemon that you can easily get some shinies or events with. Even though its not all that fun

SmashGood
July 5th, 2008, 01:40 AM
I don't think it'd be worth the money at all...

Darkrai Lv X
July 11th, 2008, 06:33 PM
YES.Most people don't think it is worth it,but it IS.Get it NOW!

Pogiforce-14
July 18th, 2008, 07:58 PM
it has a simple charm to it, your pokemon taking on a sort of Mii form of their own, interacting based on every possible variable, from race, to type, to nature, to the very concentration of those specific variables and your grand total. Taking snapshots is a refreshing way to spend time, and hte game actually rewards you with little skits if you have the right pokemon in there. (All the unowns will line up to mimic a keyboard if you have them).

Admittedly though the actual interactiveness is very limited to speak of, other than visiting other people's ranches just so they can show off their pictures and pokemon. The pokemon skits don't happen immediately and are completely random, and you may not find it worth your time to wait for them.

However, it IS the only way to legitimately get a Mew, and you can get a phione from Hayley that is technically an event pokemon. not to mention all the other pokemon she trades you as well, which really aren't all that bad. At base, it is a supplement to D/P. If for no other reason you should get it for the pokemon you get out of it. I personally found it to be a quaint little game that provides little nuggets of fun and amusement, but it most certainly isn't anything I would play at length.

Bludycomicsinc
July 19th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I say it's worth it.Not what you really expect in a pokemon game but you can get event pokemon in it like phione and mew.You get to see your pokemon on the wii.And sorta interact with them.I say you should buy it.

moments.
July 20th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Well if you are a serious breeder it is very helpful!
Also if you deposit enough Pokemon in, you get a Mew from Hayley as someone mentioned above.
I think it would be pretty cool but I don't need the storage..

Saltare.
July 20th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Alright cool, thanks guys, I have it now, and I she traded my Leafeon for her Phione. So, can't wait! A moderator can close this now