PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Type Combos

Rye29
June 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ok before anyone shares their opinions, we can all agree that Dark/Ghost seems like #1. Right? Anywho, I say a good type combo is Electric/Flying, because the flying half can prevent ground attacks from working, while Electric attacks wouldn't be as effective. That's all I can come up w/, so share your thoughts.

Ladnek
June 17th, 2008, 06:55 PM
I like steel/flying. Steel is weak against ground, so flying type nulls that. It also gets a good defense, plus, normal-type attacks won't do much. Also, flying gives it strong attacks, like fly.

I also like ground/water. Water is weak to electric types, but since it's also ground, it does nothing. They can learn a lot of good attacks that can lower accuracy(sand attack, mud slap) and also do a lot of damage(surf, hydro pump). But, it has the major draw back of being extremely weak to grass. Luckily, most grass-type attacks aren't really strong, and focus on status conditions.

That's all I can think of, but if I have any more, I'll be sure to post them.

Gymnotide
June 17th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I like steel/flying. Steel is weak against ground, so flying type nulls that. It also gets a good defense, plus, normal-type attacks won't do much. Also, flying gives it strong attacks, like fly.

I also like ground/water. Water is weak to electric types, but since it's also ground, it does nothing. They can learn a lot of good attacks that can lower accuracy(sand attack, mud slap) and also do a lot of damage(surf, hydro pump). But, it has the major draw back of being extremely weak to grass. Luckily, most grass-type attacks aren't really strong, and focus on status conditions.

That's all I can think of, but if I have any more, I'll be sure to post them.

Fly is a weak attack.
Giga Drain, though a weak attack, can still pwn the face off of a Quagsire.

But, I do agree that Water / Ground is an awesome combination :D
Quagsire and Gastrodon are mighty cool. Not the blue Gastrodon, though.

Saberdragon
July 20th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I like Dragon/Psychic because it gives you a lot of options in battle. For instance, Latios and Latias can learn attacks of almost, if not, every type.

moments.
July 20th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Ludicolo and Grass / Water if awesome!
They cover each other wonderfully and is nice for typing of moves.

The Bringer!
July 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Kingdra has a good type combination, Water/Dragon has only one weakness (Dragon) and can learn ice moves to hit the dragons back hard.

revelp8
July 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Poison/dark typing has only one weakness to ground, but other than that, its pretty stable typing wise. steel/psychic are only weak to fire and ground.

moments.
July 20th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Revel, and if you use Bronzong which is Steel / Psychic which has Levitate, only fire will be hurting him.

Another god one is Fighting / Psychic. Only flying can Super Effective hit it.

YOOM-TAH
July 20th, 2008, 07:37 PM
Pretty much most things with Steel, because of the amount of resistances.

moments.
July 20th, 2008, 07:55 PM
However, most things paired with steel share common weaknesses so it is unable to resist a great deal more, but it is hit for x4 Super Effective more often...
Skuntank is pretty good with Poison / Dark...

Miss_Harleen
July 22nd, 2008, 06:42 PM
Revel, and if you use Bronzong which is Steel / Psychic which has Levitate, only fire will be hurting him.

I agree with that. I'd also teach it Earthquake, for the chance that a Fire attack would come from a Fire type.

July 22nd, 2008, 07:02 PM
Kingdra and Palkia have the best combination in my opinion. Water and Dragon are two of the most fierce attacking types.