PDA

View Full Version : Hacking tools for mac?

triple_black_togetic
June 18th, 2008, 12:15 PM
Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of any ROM hacking tools for mac? I have googled it but I can't find anything. I don't want to have to run a Windows emulator unless completely necessary. I heard about someone making something called iMap but otherwise nothing. If you know of anything please let me know. I run OS X 10.3.9 but I might upgrade to tiger. Thanks!

Shining Dragonite
June 20th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Nope.

That's why I don't use a mac anymore for anything.

yomamathecableguy
June 20th, 2008, 10:34 AM
i am actually trying to find a way to make rom hack tools for the mac. i'll get back to you if i find something.

gamefreakfatty
June 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
AFAIK the only way is with WINE or something similar.

yomamathecableguy
June 21st, 2008, 12:40 PM
i found a program called RealBasic that is similar to VisualBasic (the language i write my tools in), but i couldn't get it to work out because i could not find out how to add modules to it. if someone could help me with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

bleu_cheese
June 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
Can't you add modules in the project menu? I think there's a button for adding modules there.

yomamathecableguy
June 21st, 2008, 05:54 PM
yes, but i can't add the modules i used with my vb applications.

Virtual Chatot
June 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
I was working on Mac hacking tools a long while back, but I decided that the venture would be a waste of time.
People could merely run a VirtualMachine or WINE if they wanted to hack. -_-;

loadingNOW
June 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Heatran i don't think that's the case. Honestly i always disliked the fact that I had to run no$gba in wine when i used linux (well and the fact that i don't know of any nice gui hexeditor in linux)

HinoteDoragon14
July 9th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Aaugh... I need tools for the Mac. I don't want a Windows Emu...

Virtual Chatot
July 9th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I'm not making any promises, but I might continue my development with Mac Hacking Tools. It just depends how hard school is going to be once it starts back up again, and if I can manage the time I spend with my own hobbies.

HinoteDoragon14
July 22nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
School's a pain... I hear you...