PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points.

Trainer Ben
August 4th, 2004, 08:58 AM
What are reputation points for? I noticed it for the first time while looking at other posts.

aRedMoon
August 4th, 2004, 10:05 AM
People rate your posts, and depending on how they rate it and their post count, you loose or gain reputation points.

Really quite useless.

And you should've used "Community Questions & Feedback"... this area is for the Tech Institute.

Golden Groudon
August 4th, 2004, 10:18 AM
By the way, some people are giving people bad reputation just for fun. The member jirachi does that but she's changed now.

aRedMoon
August 4th, 2004, 11:52 AM
It's best just to ignore it.

Geometric-sama
August 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Is reputation disable-able? I've seen some people turn it off... if you're worried do that...

Quaggy
August 5th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Somewhere in the UserCP I believe there is an option.

Chairman Kaga
August 5th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Actually, I think that nobody can disable their reputation any longer...I noticed that people like frostweaver and swordkirby537 who had disabled theirs had it enabled as if the disabling option had been taken off. I don't recall seeing the option in User CP in recent memory either.

Golden Groudon
August 5th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Maybe the "bad people" turned it on so they can give everyone bad reps.?.? Maybe not....

Quaggy
August 5th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Or maybe they had the admins turn it off.

Geometric-sama
August 5th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Wasn't the board mostly set to defaults after the hacking, so the rep would be back on?

Chairman Kaga
August 5th, 2004, 05:09 PM
It doesn't appear to be back, I checked in options and the option to disable it still isn't there...not that I mind either way though, I'm sort of neutral o_o;;