PDA

View Full Version : Most Well-Hidden Legendary?

dragonfyre173
June 19th, 2008, 08:29 PM
You know Big-N likes to hide legendaries (And legendary-wannabes) in places where people would least expect, but what one do you think is the hardest to find? Running Legendaries, Event Legendaries (Mew, Celebi, Manaphy (And thus, Phione, although it is not really legendary) Jirachi, Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin) and legendaries found in-plot do not count (Hence that Groudon and Kyogre are only listed for Emerald). And yes, I am aware that Rotom is not legendary, but it is treated as one.
Personally I say that it was Mewtwo in FRLG, Lugia in GSC, Regi's in RSE, and Rotom in DP.

Lord Xyron
June 19th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Mesprit isnt on the list.
Or i could be blind :P

dragonfyre173
June 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Mesprit and Cresselia count as Running Legendaries. It's like 12:30 AM here so I'm a little groggy.

sirboulevard
June 19th, 2008, 08:45 PM
Umm, you dont have Mew on your poll. It WAS the ultimate hidden Poke of all time. It was the first pokemon patent and even Nintendo didnt know it was in the game until it started showing up in glitches way back in RGBY. So, Mew wins... Its existance was only revealed by ACCIDENT, not hackers or was placed obtainably in-game.

dragonfyre173
June 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Well this is voting for LEGITly obtained pogeymanz, without glitches or anything. And Mew is technically an event pokemon.

Tsuin
June 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the Regi's on this one, Regice in particular since his resting place was a bit harder to find than the others. Those visual braille puzzles were really annoying, I needed a pad of paper to write everything down.

The Bringer!
June 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I would have to say regigigas. Not because he himself was that hard to find, but because you had to have already gotten all three other regis which is a challenge.

hothead
June 19th, 2008, 11:34 PM
It has to be gratina it was hard to find not the accual cave finding the room where gratina was was really hard to find and for some reason for me trying to get out was much muchharder

BeachBoy
June 19th, 2008, 11:41 PM
I'm gonna have to go with the Regi's on this one, Regice in particular since his resting place was a bit harder to find than the others. Those visual braille puzzles were really annoying, I needed a pad of paper to write everything down.

Agreed, it was quite the difficult task to find them. Took me a long time, and to find the Pocket Monsters to unlocks the secrets. Oy, it was just a pure challenge.

Regi's without a doubt, take my selection. Regice was the main problem to find for me as well.

Ayano Katagiri
June 20th, 2008, 12:08 AM
I must say I agree that the Regis are the most difficult to find. Sure, you could have stumbled across the three caves, but then after that it's not all so easy since the use of Relicanth and Wailord is still needed... And reading Braille took a bit of time too.

Just a somewhat interesting fact which I got told by my friend the other day about the Regis; apparently their locations in Hoenn were based on positions in Japan where the Atomic bombs hit in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And as a result they are also capable of using the move Explosion.

dragonfyre173
June 20th, 2008, 04:59 AM
That's actually a little interesting! =3 I'm trying to catch Registeel right now. He's being stubborn, unlike his brothers.
Regice - 4 Ultra Balls
Regirock - 1 Poke Ball (I hit the wrong button), 1 Ultra Ball (This is the one I caught him in)
Registeel - 17 and counting.

Katnip
June 20th, 2008, 05:06 AM
Giratina. It took me AGES to find him, seeing as I almost always got lost in those horrible rooms instead of just walking through a cave or something.

dragonfyre173
June 20th, 2008, 05:17 AM
Giratina was pretty hard, too.

Guess what? I just realized the chance of catching Registeel with an ultra ball is 2% or 6/255! Oh joy! [/obvious sarcasm]

The_G'
June 20th, 2008, 05:40 AM
Regis. I had a hard time leveling up wailmer just to get a wailord plus catching them and finding out what to do in the cave.

.emerald
June 20th, 2008, 05:46 AM
rayquaza. i had a hard time going to his test at the first game...

Michela92
June 20th, 2008, 06:16 AM
Gratina! it took me forever to find. I had to find the cave and then the room.
It was a long and stressfull time.

J-Rad
June 20th, 2008, 07:16 AM
lol, it took me about a minute to find Giratina and I caught it on my first try :)
The most annoying would be Latios/Latias since you didn't have the marking map...

darkshiek
June 20th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I found Giratina annoying, until I looked it up on Serebii. But now that I think about it, rayquaza was hard the first few times also.

Bellosom
June 20th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Giratina.
IT is a brilliant pattern you need to do, before 30 room or your kicked out.
It's brilliant, but can be easy[I got threw the very first time]

fade101
June 21st, 2008, 03:57 AM
I'm gonna have to go with the Regi's on this one, Regice in particular since his resting place was a bit harder to find than the others. Those visual braille puzzles were really annoying, I needed a pad of paper to write everything down.Im with you dude...
You actually have to have Relicanth and Wailord in your team to open the cave to the Braille thingy and then you have to dig, and then you have to uhhh *scratches head*
something...
They pretty much deserves the title...

EviladeBlazingDemon
June 21st, 2008, 10:39 AM
Rayquaza in RSE. I never did actually find the sky pillar and if i remember rightly there were no hits in the game. Some kid i met on holiday showed me where it was. I remember reading in the walkthrough about Rayquaza, it just said ''Rayquaza can be found at the sky pillar''. Yeaaaaaaaaah, but it didnt say where that was.

Jak
June 21st, 2008, 02:54 PM
Just a somewhat interesting fact which I got told by my friend the other day about the Regis; apparently their locations in Hoenn were based on positions in Japan where the Atomic bombs hit in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. And as a result they are also capable of using the move Explosion.

And now I feel horrible for living in America. D: That just implies that they haven't forgiven us!

Anyway, of all time...most of you say Giratina. My answer to that is: Nah. I just go in rooms until I find him.

To the ones who say Regigigas, that's not too bad, either. :/ Mostly cause I can read visual braille anyway, so the original Regis were easy. The hardest part with them was just getting Wailord and Relicanth. But they are second in my book.

Rayquaza isn't 'hidden', so I won't say that.

I guess I'll say Kyogre in Emerald. Considering you had to talk the the weather man and hunt down the route and diving spot for the whale, yeah. There you have it.

But I guess the Regis should take the cake on this one.

June 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
Lugia and Ho-Oh in Silver/Gold/Crystal were hard and incredibly well hidden.

Avey
June 21st, 2008, 03:22 PM
Hm, this is a really good question and I'm annoyed by the fact that I didn't get to it sooner. I'm not going to pick the best hidden out of every generation because there should only be one absolute Legendary Pokemon that was best hidden. After thinking about it, for me, it was most definitely Lugia, mostly because when I was searching for Lugia, I was about seven years old, I didn't possess a walkthrough and I didn't even know that Lugia was in the Whirl Islands. However, I decided that I wanted to search the entire Whirl Islands because they surely existed for a reason greater than the player being able to obtain a few items and catch a few Pokemon. I remember stubling upon Lugia by accident, but before I even started the battle, I knew it was Lugia. After watching the second Pokémon movie, I had more or less pieced it together during my three day search in the Whirl Islands.

The Regis would've been amazingly hard if I hadn't had a walkthrough to know where they were, but they were quite easy to capture with a step by step guide, even if it took the fun out of the game just a tad.

Jak
June 21st, 2008, 03:47 PM
Ah!

I forgot. Lugia.

He was incredibly difficult to find. I don't even know how I managed to ever get to him. And twice at that. Cause Nintendo was just smart enough to make every cave in that game pitch black. And guess what Game Boy Colors don't have? Lights.

sonic smash down
June 21st, 2008, 03:57 PM
definitly regigigas, mostly because of the regi's i still havent got regigigas yet. lolz he is still a stutue

Cassino
June 22nd, 2008, 06:35 AM
Articuno in the first generation games. I think I was shown where it was, but it took so long to actually get to it... Heh, I never learned my way round the original layout of the Seafoam Islands.

dark_Uxie
June 22nd, 2008, 06:55 AM
I voted for Regice but actually I think Giratina was hard to find cause you have to do those incredibly annoying puzzle things which tell you which way to go XD.

Darkrai Lv X
June 22nd, 2008, 08:20 AM
R/B/Y: Moltres
G/S/C: Lugia and Ho-Oh
R/S/E: The Regi's.
D/P: Giratina.

I voted lugia.

Ethan718
June 22nd, 2008, 08:22 AM
I think the Regi's are in general.

Saltare.
June 22nd, 2008, 08:26 AM
For me, Giratina was easy, if you didn't know you could get Rotom, then that would've been hard. Also, you forgot Mespirit and Cresselia (DP) those are the hardest cause they always run away and if you didn't have the marking map, you were totally screwed.

Dialga450
June 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
Mesprit or Cressalia. Both are tough to find.

Zelos
June 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM
I think Rotom would be the hardest if you didn't have prior knowledge that it was there. I mean, sure, the first time you were in the mansion you might have checked the TV because it looked suspicious... and you got even more suspicious when it SAID the TV was suspicious. You might have even made a mental note to check it again some other day... but really, after getting the National Dex, who would have remembered to head back to that mansion and check that TV, just to find some electronic ghost hiding in it? XD I sure wouldn't have, if I hadn't, err... read about it already, haha.

Mr. Pokemon
June 23rd, 2008, 04:59 PM
Besides the ones you can't catch, like Arceus and Shaymin, I think Regigigas is pretty well-hidden. Sure, it's easy to find (just go to the Snowpoint Temple) but you do need Regice, Regirock and Registeel to get it and those are pretty well hidden. You need to do all kinds of stuff - open up the caves, have certain Pokemon in your party and walk around in caves certain ways.