PDA

View Full Version : What do you perfer: RBY/GSC/FR LG RSE/DPP

GKS
June 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Seriously, what game do you like the most. I have noticed that many many people like the old games for some reason. It could be because they grew up with them or something.

Crystal is my favorite because it has stood up more than most games. It has a day and night system like in Diamond and Pearl (most likely Platinum too). I has various events taking place on certain days, like the bug catching contest and the people who give you items. They have two different regions even though the Kanto region is not as good as it could be. The only problem is that there is any of the new Pokmeon.

If anyone has a different point of view please tell.

Zero Avenged
June 20th, 2008, 02:53 PM
My faves are yellow and Silver. Yellow is cool cuz pikachu follows you. and like u said about crystal it sticks out alot. But Diamond and pearl arent that good I mean there are like 2 possible fire pokemon in the game. Ones a starter and the other is a Ponyta -_-

GKS
June 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
That is why people should chose Chimchar as their starter, or you would have to be stuck with Ponyta as the only fire option until you get the national Pokedex. Fire types come in use throughout the game.

MikeSalZap
June 20th, 2008, 05:27 PM
the jotho generation is the best...
but my favorite is gold i have no idea why...
but it is...

peace and love in all pokemon old gamer

GKS
June 20th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I guess Pokemon Gold is pretty good, but since Crystal is the next one to come out with more stuff, I think I still like it more.

MikeSalZap
June 20th, 2008, 05:46 PM
i know that crystal is good or beater but i like best gold

YOOM-TAH
June 20th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Voted for Pearl. The DPP is just better, easily. I just think more content=better game.

Harry Blue5
June 20th, 2008, 11:46 PM
You should make this multiple choice. Anyway, I'm not sure what was my favourite...

GKS
June 21st, 2008, 08:54 AM
Actually I don't want this to be multiple choice. I wanted to know what everyone's favorite was.

firedude750
June 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
i voted for crystal because it was my first pokemon game - wait, first video game ever
ah, memories...

GKS
June 21st, 2008, 07:10 PM
My first game was firered actually, yep, I got into Pokemon games a little late, still I watched the anime a little earlier.

XtoxicX
June 21st, 2008, 09:27 PM
I voted for Diamond.The new migration system is awesome!

Khriku19
June 21st, 2008, 11:22 PM
i like the old games r/b/y they were kool

like in yellow where else r u gonna find a pikachu that follows u xD

Harry Blue5
June 21st, 2008, 11:23 PM
Actually I don't want this to be multiple choice. I wanted to know what everyone's favorite was.

Yes, but some people like two games exactly the same amount.

Thrace
June 22nd, 2008, 12:15 AM
Its gotta be emerald for me. The amount of features and the storyline definitely make it the best. Only a few things let it down; the graphics and Steven not having a bigger role. Crystal is a close second but I didn't like its story. I'm sure Platinum will wipe the floor with all the other games but without a list of features its too early to tell.

dark_Uxie
June 22nd, 2008, 06:08 AM
I voted vor crystal because it was the first one with the day and night system and you could get a phone whereas in other pkemon games you didnt get a phone until emerald but that was like a pokegear or something.It also has a good storyline,cool gym leaders and better places to go XD.

Red1530
June 22nd, 2008, 08:31 AM
I have to go with Emerald because it is the best Pokémon game I have played to date. That is because I don't have Diamond or Pearl.

GKS
June 22nd, 2008, 10:37 AM
Yes, but some people like two games exactly the same amount.

I guess so, but there are enough differences in them to choose one. For example, in pokemon diamond you could get one type of legendary pokemon while in pearl you get another, plus other pokemon like larvitar in diamond and bagon in pearl.

rememberTHISusername
June 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Crystal and Red
their the ones I play the most
and the ones i've been playing the longest

261Poochyena
June 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I like Emerald most because it has the best plot and a beach

GKS
June 24th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I like Emerald most because it has the best plot and a beach

Emerald is very good choice, it has so much thing to do, like the battle frontier.

Cartmic
July 2nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
My favorite land is Johto, I like Red's style and enoy rom editing it more than the other games, but i have to say Ruby for gameplay is my favorite.

GKS
July 2nd, 2008, 10:33 AM
Ruby is really good, but, only the graphics really got better from the previous games. It was fun to play fighting a new evil team other than TR too.

ShortyPokemonFreakSugar
July 4th, 2008, 01:12 AM
uswally i grew up with emerald,ruby and sapphire so i vote emerald

Roy G. Biv
July 4th, 2008, 04:11 AM
There's something about Johto that just feels right... So my vote goes there.

I also like the G/S/C Pokemon best

ScyKinG
July 4th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I figure a lot of people will say Platinum, because who doesn't want a new game, and a lot of people will say g/s/c, because a lot agree, it was the best generation. But I vote for Diamond, because it was the game that got me into competitive Pokemon, without it I wouldn't be on here today :)

Gewitterdrache27
July 4th, 2008, 06:50 AM
I personally like Diamond best, because I like the latest ones because there's so much to do. I envy Pearl owners because I want a lot of their unique Pokemon, but I bet if I had Pearl that I would envy Diamond, just like when I had Blue I envied Red, when I had Gold, I envied Silver, when I had Ruby, I envied Sapphire, although that last one was for good reason because Seviper is one of my favorite Pokemon. When I had Fire Red, I didn't really care because that was the one I wanted, for I did my homework on that one ^.^

GKS
July 4th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I got into Pokemon when I was in a different country, and they were airing johto at the time. So I kind have an attachment to that region.

angelsavoir
July 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I say Gold, It was the first pokemon game I owned and I really enjoy playing it still. I also like the pokemon from Johto, more then the new ones from emerald.

mysterio x
July 11th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I wish i could vote for more than one.
I belive I had the most fun playing the old red/blue versions. It all seemed new and original :p
I also loved many things from the crystal versons such as the animation for pokemon :)
As for the newest games I prefer emerald only because of the battle frontier.

milovan93
July 13th, 2008, 04:19 AM
My favourite is by far pokemon gold and silver. It just brings back great memories. I feel they are getting way too "over the top" with the new games. To many pokemon and that. Pokemon gold was just simple and great. I loved the music. They should bring it out again with everything the same. Except improved graphics nothing else.

Banjora Marxvile
July 13th, 2008, 04:36 AM
My favourite is Silver. It had one of my favorite pokemon Ledyba in as well as phanpy. I also like silver more as I got it before Gold and grew up playing silver.

Ambellina
July 13th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Silver was awsome! it first introduced everyone to the day & night setting. ^_^ it was pretty cool for it's day

Baa.Baa.Blacksheep
July 13th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Mine's Crystal. It was like Gold and Silver, which is my favorite generation. It has the day and night system, you could go to both Kanto and Johto, and it has my favorite Pokemon, Typhlosion. :3 Crystal just added on to that awesome with the ability to finally be a girl, color, and animation. So, Crystal it is.

Ruffresia
July 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Crystal is basically made of win. :o I love it because of the Pokémon, animations, regions, and the berries. The graphics were also pretty amazing for a Game Boy Color game.

zυgαι∂σѕυ
July 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Definatly Silver. I love all of the 2nd gen Pokes, no exeptions, the storyline was uber and the characters rocked. :]

Erbe
July 13th, 2008, 07:04 PM
gsc games were the best no comparison

Pokeon_emu33133
July 15th, 2008, 09:46 PM
my favorite games are crystal, yellow, and emerald because they are easy to beat
catch suicune that know aurora beam takes out lance, yellow all three starters, and emerald catch lv 70 rayquaza and beat the E4

ΜσdαΜϑrdεrεr
July 16th, 2008, 12:14 AM
I apparently voted for Emerald. It has a lot of cool features and keeps me company when I'm bored.

bumbam
July 18th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Silver of course i think silver has even better sprites than gold an only one bad looking pokemon. (wich is scizor)

Fiery Dash
July 18th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Of course it's GSC>RSE>DPP>LGFR>RBY

Sporkieman
July 19th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Im going to say pokemon gold.
I still remember getting it on christmas morning after beating the joys of pokemon red... those were the days. And it feltl ike it had just the right amount of pokemon, just under 500 is WAY too many pokemon, and some of them look terrible because of the creators running out of great ideas. Johto had some of the coolest pokemon designs, and i dont really care that its graphics arent as amazing as DPP or R/S/E.

And because it has totodile as a starter :P

DialgaDiamond
July 19th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Crystal because I LOVE SUICUNE!!!
And I like Yellow. It was cute by the way that Pikachu follows you everywhere.

Grass
July 19th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I would say DPP because of all the new features that's been added to the games.

Guillermo
July 20th, 2008, 01:58 AM
It's hard. Kanto pokemon starters kick all ass but pokemon from D/P also kick ass like Rhyperior. Although my favourite pokemon of all time Tyranitar comes from Johto. I will go for Johto. Johto also has Entei n Raikou. AND I LOVE RAIKOU

moments.
July 20th, 2008, 02:25 AM
I prefer RBY I think.
With less Pokemon it made things a bit more fun cause the Pokemon didn't look like they were rip off's of another. Also the implicity of the game and the fact that they started Pokemon Gameboy games.

invisible-chan
July 29th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Crystal because that was the first time you got to play as a girl. It also had Kanto, sixteen badges, and could connect to the originals. I would say the original two gens, but I suppose you're asking for one game in specific.

KING KRIS
August 7th, 2008, 09:37 AM
my favorite is emerald because it has a great story line

Umbry
August 15th, 2008, 12:13 PM
My favourite is Silver/Gold (but I like Silver better because of Lugia), because I loved Johto and the fact that you could go back to Kanto was just great. <3 It's the Pokémon game that I've played the most.

Sora
August 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Silver. :3

Silver was the first Pokemon Game that I played, and even though it's technically not the same Silver that I had in the past, I STILL play a Silver up to this day. :3 With Sixteen Gyms and the Day/Night system, who would not love it? ^_^

pokemontrainer_samuel
August 23rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
I prefer FireRed and Sapphire. Never had any affection for R/B/G/Y versions. I even fell asleep while playing them. But it would be nice if Nintendo made a new yellow version. I wonder if they are going to make new games for the game boy series instead of just focusing on Wii and DS. All the new games I see are all hacks and they are not as fun as the real thing.

Master Jecht
August 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
My favorite has to be silver. It was just so good. I loved the music in it, it was exciting to have new pokemon, and it had a nice surprise that you could go to kanto as well.

A lot of my favorite pokemon are from generation 2. The last battle was also pretty challenging which i liked.

Rand al'Thor
August 24th, 2008, 04:48 AM
My personal favourites are the Gold, Silver and Crystal series. Not only did I grow up with them and play them for years, they had awesome Pokemon and 16 Badges to earn. Not to mention the Elite Four changed the second time around and there were challenges to be had. They were just awesome.

Saud-Blaziken
August 24th, 2008, 06:40 AM
I liked Ruby because it was my first game

SuperSoup
August 24th, 2008, 08:46 AM
FireRed, I just love breeding pokemon and other stuff.

ZBDP
August 25th, 2008, 04:57 PM
R/B/Y for me. (Blue is my fav...)

MasterZman
August 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Any Pokemon Game I whant them all!
I hope my message won't get deleted it just like all of them
can you put something in the poll that says all of them?

Tinhead Bruce
August 25th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Oh man, my favorite has totally GOT to be Crystal. Crystal all the way (hello? SUICUNE!). They should totally make a remake of G/S/C either on the DS or for GBA. I would totally play it.

Dragon Dance
August 25th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Diamonds always got my vote!

Sandshrew
August 29th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Red version for me!!! I remember the good old days.... :knockedou*flashback*:knockedou

Parabolic
August 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Emerald has been my favorite for a long time. My favorite generation of POKeMON is the 3rd and I love the Frontier. It extended the gameplay so much.

Franceschi
August 29th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Oh, it's always going to be Sapphire. I played that for hours just to complete it. I still love G/S/C but Sapphire always won me over.
I don't know whether it was the Pokémon or the storyline but it's just magnificent.

Oh I'm so cool being the only one to vote Sapphire XD

Mōnštȝr¿
September 1st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Seriously, what game do you like the most. I have noticed that many many people like the old games for some reason. It could be because they grew up with them or something.

Crystal is my favorite because it has stood up more than most games. It has a day and night system like in Diamond and Pearl (most likely Platinum too). I has various events taking place on certain days, like the bug catching contest and the people who give you items. They have two different regions even though the Kanto region is not as good as it could be. The only problem is that there is any of the new Pokmeon.

If anyone has a different point of view please tell.
Silver, Gold, and Crystal are my favs. I love Johto too bad they never remade them..... >.<

squirtle rocks!
September 6th, 2008, 04:31 AM
my 2 favourtie ones are crystal and yellow but overall im gonna vote crystal

Revise Librarian
September 6th, 2008, 05:37 AM
My favorite is...Diamond, I guess. Diamond has the best mapping and graphics.

Xtacy
September 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Gold and Silver were the best games, in my opinion.

It was that one stage where they really refined and improved the game formula substantially, but hadn't reached the point where the Pokemon had become too repetitive or formulaic.

Dukey
September 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
GSC, what other game come out like 7 years ago, and is still popular?

Yoshimi
September 6th, 2008, 01:50 PM
i'd have to say platinum.
I have always liked the third installations more for some reason.
but seeing as how platinum has all those new differences, it will be quite a joy to play it(when i get it).
gold is nice, but i just hated when kanto got dumbed down.

Haza
September 8th, 2008, 07:38 PM
Platinum, I have not even played it yet and I know it will be the bomb

HackerGod
September 13th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I love the Silver Version.Because of Lugia and SKARMORY!!!!!!All the good Pokemon were in Silver Version.Also,I LOVED the Champion Lance/Red music.

Pietacular
September 16th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I chose red, but that's only because that's the only Pokemon Adventure game I own...

BeelzemontZero
September 23rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
Fire Red & Emerald (if can choose two) :D

The Exorcist
October 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Crystal will always be my favorite. I think the storyline is more exciting than others...

Also I like Totodile:D

Mr.Squid
October 3rd, 2008, 07:59 PM
Pokémon Red version had too be the best.

Led Zeppelin Pwn
October 3rd, 2008, 09:15 PM
I prefer Diamond, Im just not into the hype about Platinum though.

Qwilfish
October 3rd, 2008, 11:57 PM
Gold, Silver and Crystal.

They were just...right.

stumpylikeschicken
October 8th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I liked silver the best. It was my first game and it rocked!:P

⋚Raika⋚
October 8th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Silver. The first pokemon game i never got bored of

Cherrim
October 8th, 2008, 07:26 AM
I think Gold was my favourite simply because it was something new and fresh, it came out when the Pokémon hype was at its peak, and it was just a fun game with great features all around.

RSE just paled in comparison because they got rid of some of my favourite elements of the game. I still enjoyed them but... not nearly as much. D/P was an improvement but I think nostalgia blinds me a little too well. :P I kind of want to go back and play through Crystal again or something so I can see if GSC was really as good as I remember, but I don't want to ruin the experience if there's a remake so... *sigh* XD;

Pyromaniac45
October 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I really enjoyed all of the games. Right now I think that Fr/Lg was my favourite gen. But not by much

SonicBlue777
October 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Gonna have to say Johto gen FTW (Gold, Silver, Crystal) , due to the fact the story was great and it really revolutionized the game with night time, but catching competitions, I personality owned silver and crystal, and technically Silver/Gold introduced night time before cyrstal soo xD but I voted crystal just cause i like the moving sprites better and more color to the game.

Kirakishou
October 9th, 2008, 09:48 PM
The Gold/Silver/Crystal generation, because the mainstream games have just gone downhill from there. The second generation was huge, it had the best unlockable extras in that you could visit Kanto. It was fresh and exciting. All the games following have been repetetive and quite dull, and the newer generations are terrible compared to the first and second ones.

Dunsparce
October 10th, 2008, 06:39 AM
Crystal, My Favorite Pokemon Game EVER.

It introduced many things that would appear in later games:
-Choice of Male/Female
-Moving Sprites (Crystal had 5 frames instead of Emerald's and DPP's 2 frames.)
-Battle Tower
-First Pokemon Event coded within the game (Celebi in Ilex Forest)*
-First Local Trading Function (Via Cellphone Attachment. the DPP GTS is greatly based off of this in the way it functions)*

*Japan only Features

ToraSushii
October 10th, 2008, 07:15 AM
The R/B/Y generation.
I loved those game, soo much. Good times..
(Oh, how I want to be a little whippersnapper again)

But if I were to pick second, it'd be the Metal generation. (Day/Night ftw!)

Barney.
October 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Oucheez.

A hard decision...Very close between Pearl/LG/E.
They're all such great games.

But I chose pearl...Just because of the migration system.

.Iramet
October 10th, 2008, 04:25 PM
My all time fave is silver first ever pokemon game I recieved...
good memories.

GKS
October 10th, 2008, 07:34 PM
It seems like a lot of you have the same opinion as me, GSC seems to be people's favorite.

Caelus
October 11th, 2008, 05:38 PM
My favorite is Diamond, but after seeing alot of Platinum videos, I may change my mind to Platinum instead.

.Nighthawk.
October 12th, 2008, 03:37 AM
hard choice my first pokemon game was silver then yellow then I got gold of my sister because silver lost its save then emerald now diamond .

~Frozen Darkness~
October 12th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Platinum is my favorite. Why? There are just so many new features it's as good as all of the pokemon games combined! And my Shiny Shaymin Sky Form is da bomb!

pumpkinziggy
October 12th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I prefer Gold, but I accidentally voted Silver. That's okay, since G/S/C in general are my favorite Pokemon games.

naruto hatake
October 12th, 2008, 08:44 AM
i dont know which because crystal version is a game that has kanto and johto region and diamond pearl becasue you have all the new kinds of pokemon

Skaterzpenguin
October 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Crystal, because its my fav. pokemon game out there! ^_^

darkrai121
October 12th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Diamond cuz it was so kwl :D

Pechachu
October 12th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm a pretty big Firered fan. I loved the original kanto games when they game out, but let's face it, the graphics needed a bit of a boost. Firered = 1st gen with added awesomeness. : D

CHG-Swampert
October 12th, 2008, 12:14 PM
As of now, Diamond cause of that 3d is hawt. But, i voted Sapphire (which is spelled horribly wrong) because thats where i first got mudkip and learned that i would be with Swampert until now and still am :)

AgreedSpy
October 13th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I Voted for Crystal, even though i like GSC The same.

suicidesal
October 13th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I voted crystal just because G/S/C was my fav generation and it has really good animated sprites and good storyline.
Yellow was very close behind though

GKS
October 18th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Day and night system in the GSC wasn't seen until the DPP time, I like the night and stuff on it. I still would say Crystal is great, but now I'm more interested in the DPP games.

I wonder if they will make the gold/silver remakes...I heard something about it.

HollowNightmare
October 19th, 2008, 06:20 AM
Crystal was my favourite Poke'mon. And now, even though it isn't released in Europe yet, it is Platinum. :D

Charizard EX
October 24th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Well.. You should have written FR\LG. One option. FR and Emerald for me. I hate D,P,P!

dragpyre
October 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Sapphire, because it was just awsome and i did really well in it.

Azzurra
November 4th, 2008, 02:56 AM
I'm going to have to say that I prefer Diamond and Pearl over every other game, due to Wifi, and being able to battle and trade with people on the other side of the globe.

Synx
November 10th, 2008, 05:55 PM
RED
It was just the most original and the idead was "fresh".

NytewolfAU2k7
November 11th, 2008, 05:25 AM
Red and Blue... Those were simpler times :)

S1d8pink
November 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM
emerald was cool but i like pearl too because it was pink lol

Drazirak
November 16th, 2008, 02:28 PM
I didn't really like Diamond and Pearl, I preferred the earlier games.

GKS
November 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Really? Diamond and Pearl had lots of things in it.

HeidiMoose
November 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
I love my Crystal. <3

The G/S/C games were the best. Crystal stood out more to me, though.
Maybe because there was finally the option to play as a girl. (It's annoying walking around having people call you a girl's name when you're playing with a boy sprite)

But I love the day/night system, and the day of the week system.
And The pokegear was awesome. It had a radio.. XD

And being able to go back to Kanto was awesome.
I wish that we could go back to the older regions in the newer games.
It'd be pretty sweet.

Plus, I love the Johto pokemon. ^_^

Dragonair_Blizzard
November 23rd, 2008, 01:06 AM
Well, I like both Crystal, for you get to go to two regions and also Emerald

Uruss
December 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM
My favorite is probably the Red Version, it was the first one I owned, plus the amount of fun the Originals gave me is insane. but all of them have been awesome so far

Kaori
December 11th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I would have to go with Platinum...it is going to be one big hit...although I do wish they would make a G/S/C remake!!

madskil72
December 11th, 2008, 07:04 PM
mines definitely Silver
I totally grew up with that game
aside from yellow,
i liked that one too,
but idk just somethin about silver got me. I like it better than gold, cuz i personaly like the cave better than the tower

LunarPie
December 13th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Whats your favourite pokemon game ever made?

mine is yellow you get pikachu as a stalker ^_^

Candace
December 13th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Emerald

I really liked the story. I would've put Diamond there if it weren't for Team Galactic...

Heartless33
December 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
Emerald

I really liked the story. I would've put Diamond there if it weren't for Team Galactic...

I agree, I like emerald and diamond but diamond had my least favorite enemy I mean stick with the classic's

.Ozymandias
December 13th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Diamond - I love all the new features, though I did enjoy the Emerald storyline more.

~Kavin~
December 13th, 2008, 10:03 AM
It seems like I'm going to go with Platinum. Even though I haven't played it yet, seeing all the new things diamond had to offer, platinum is bringing even more so yeah.

Zebra Thunderhead
December 13th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Since this goes cross-gen and through multiple games, it belongs in Pokemon General.

-MOVED-

sdmiller
December 13th, 2008, 10:20 AM
I'm gonna have to say emerald
the fact that you didn't have to deal with evil enemies is awesome
I got tired of Team Rocket & Galactic Soooooooo quickly

Forci Stikane
December 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I don't really have a favorite. They've all been pretty good, although 3 of the 4 Generations have been overshadowed by their third game.

I'm gonna have to say emerald
the fact that you didn't have to deal with evil enemies is awesome
I got tired of Team Rocket & Galactic Soooooooo quickly

......Team Aqua and Team Magma say hello.

fer
December 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I preferably like Pearl the best,all though other generation games are pretty cool.

Gyroh
December 13th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I liked Ruby and Saphire's storyline. Though I think I would enjoy playing the new versions even more because of the graphics and all the new features. Finally every Pokémon or almost every Pokémon has a good STABed attack. Weavile wouldn't be as useful if the game still had the old physical and special attack system.

El Gofre
December 13th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Crystal was the best in my opinion.

December 13th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Gold/Silver/Crystal were without a doubt my favorite games. The entire storyline was fantastic, and the whole side-missions added to the fun. Defeating Team Rocket numerous times was fun, and your ever-present rival really added a sense of competition to the game. Little things like Sprout Tower, Sudoowoodo were also fun, as were the calling feature which seemed to be the best out of all the game's calling feature. The Elite 4, Mt. Silver, etc...were all epic and all, but after you beat the Elite 4 and become a Pokemon Master, there's even more battles to do and more people to stop. Red/Blue were great end game battles, especially Red. His mysterious entrance and exit was top notch for sure.

Bibliophibian
December 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM
Crystal.
I loved the choice to be a female character, and there was tons to do.

Thundєr
December 13th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Red and Blue. The classic ones, has the best storyline. It was exciting to beat the rival at the League for it's arrogance.

Jessie
December 13th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Crystal was my favorite. :) I've always loved Johto.

Tanooki
December 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
GSC series in general. All three of them = win.

Ikwaylx
December 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I enjoy Pokemon Crystal the most. The added storyline and pokemon animations were a new thing, so it was a fresh and brilliant experience even if you already played Gold/Silver.
If we can talk about spinoffs, the best spinoff series would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Seeing things from the Pokemon point of view is a clever idea, leading to some fun situations.

HeidiMoose
December 13th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Crystal by a landslide for me. :3

GunSaberSeraph
December 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
I'd have to say Crystal and Platinum are both really awesome.

Kaori
December 13th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Pokemon Platinum...I have read and researched a lot about it and it seems to be AWESOME!!

magix7
December 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Crystal: Really liked being able to go to both regions. Had all badges until my brother restarted the game :( I was furious!

hothead
December 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Emerald cause i love the swap battle tournament because u have to adjust to new pokemon that you have never used brfore and i loved silver but i personaly think with all the new stuff platinum is going to be awsome

Haza
December 13th, 2008, 04:44 PM
For me its a tie between Emerald Pearl and Platinum though Platinum boots out Pearl.

Cassino
December 13th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Crystal. Nothing not to like about it... even the graphics of it are my favourite of any Pokemon game, they just feel nice and homey.

Uruss
December 13th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Probably Red and then Pearl would be a close second

Lynnx
December 13th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Crystal; I just liked the GSC storyline and I loved that you could actually play as a female character. I enjoyed the Emerald Battle Frontier also, and I like how FR/LG revamped the original games nicely.

mtr12
December 15th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Leafgreen brings back memories of Blue and the good old days. It gets my vote. No tangible reasons except that I like Kanto best. I guess I'm what the guys who make Magic would call a "Vorthos": a player who concentrates on how a game or a part of a game makes him feel.

mines definitely Silver
I totally grew up with that game
aside from yellow,
i liked that one too,
but idk just somethin about silver got me. I like it better than gold, cuz i personaly like the cave better than the tower

Never been in the cave, but I loathed the tower.

PokemonMasterRazir
December 15th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I have to say Platinum. Im really circling my calendars for this one.

Aegis
December 15th, 2008, 02:25 PM
I don't know how this thread went un-reported for so long, but it was in the wrong section XD It belongs in Pokemon General, since it's multi-generational. But there was already a thread on this topic there, so I merged the two (b'')b

-Moved + Merged-

BeachBoy
December 18th, 2008, 04:57 AM
Crystal. Nothing not to like about it... even the graphics of it are my favourite of any Pokemon game, they just feel nice and homey.I completely agree, Cassino. Crystal for me as well.

.emerald
December 18th, 2008, 05:08 AM
Well, we can see G/S/C is prevailing here, although I prefer Pokemon Emerald because it REALLY killed my time-The Battle Frontier.

GKS
December 18th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I don't know how this thread went un-reported for so long, but it was in the wrong section XD It belongs in Pokemon General, since it's multi-generational. But there was already a thread on this topic there, so I merged the two (b'')b

-Moved + Merged-

I think this was originally moved from that section to here, now it back where it started.

*~Frost Umbreon~*
December 18th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Crystal is my favorite. Emerald comes right behind and then Yellow.