View Full Version : What're your favorite attacks?

June 20th, 2008, 5:38 PM
I'm surprised there isn't a thread like this already.

Discuss the attacks you find most effective, powerfull, or just find to be cool. Why do you like the attacks?

Toxic: I like toxic because it's very effective over a long period of time, and very accurate, for an attack like that.

Flamethrower: It's powerfull and has good accuracy. There's not much more to say. XD

June 20th, 2008, 5:43 PM
My favorite attacks are:

1. Doom Desire
2. Roar of Time [I think]
3. Luster Purge
4. Fissure
5. Volt Tackle
6. Sheer Cold
7. Petal Dance
8. Psychic
9. Hydro Cannon
10. Fly

I'm too lazy to give reasons on each of them, sweetie. XD

June 21st, 2008, 1:42 AM
Avalanche, it's great for slow, bulky pokemon.

June 21st, 2008, 2:52 AM
Thunderbolt) And Bayleef`s razor leaf. It does cool head-moves producing them)))

June 21st, 2008, 8:48 AM
I have the strangest.

10. Flamethrower: Simply put, fire is my favorite type. Ember is too weak, and Fire Blast is too low in PP and too inaccurate for my tastes.
9. Sand-Attack: You heard it right. I can't tell you how many gym battles this attack has come in handy.
8. Weather Ball: I like it. Adaptable to any weather condition, and it helps to have a Sunny day + Weather Ball combo when I'm running with grass types.
7. Faint Attack: It never misses and Umbreon learns it. That's a two thumbs up right there.
6. Moonlight: Resoring HP at night? Of course!
5. Sketch: Lets copy someone's move...permanantly!
4. Aerial Ace: Lifesaver move. Never misses, and giving it to a Pokemon with high attack = win.
3. Toxic: Slow and steady wins the race.
2. Stealth Rock: Hey, it helps against Aaron.
1. Attract: Best stall ever. This has helped me more than Sand-Attack. I've loved this move ever since I first used it in Stadium 2 with a rental Delibird.

June 21st, 2008, 10:22 AM
Hyper Beam.
It seemed to be more effective in the old games, but it was the original "Omg, i'll kill you" move. (:

June 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
I'll note several down for each type!

Normal: Hyper Beam, Double Edge, Take Down, Strength
Flying: Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, Fly
Fighting: Brick Break
Water: Surf, Hydro Pump and Hydro Cannon
Ice: Ice Beam, Sheer Cold
Ground: Earthquake, Dig
Dark: Crunch
Dragon: Dark Pulse
Psychic: Psychic
Ghost: Shadow Ball
Electric: Thunderbolt, Thunder
Grass: Solarbeam, Mega Drain
Fire: Fire Blast
Steel: Iron Tail
Bug: Pin Missile
Poison: Poison Sting
Rock: N/A

Think thats nailed it..

June 21st, 2008, 11:50 AM
Hyper Beam, Aurora Beam, Brine, Shadow Force, Dig, Eruption, Water Spout

Espeon Master
June 21st, 2008, 2:23 PM
Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Icebeam, and Flamethrower. All fairly strong, accurate, and useful competitively.

June 21st, 2008, 3:14 PM
Earthquake, Thunderbolt, Icebeam, and Flamethrower. All fairly strong, accurate, and useful competitively.

I agree with Espeon Master, those four moves have to be my favourites for competitive use.

However, the move I think that looks like the coolest while being used would have to be Faint Attack. I mean, to just disappear, reappear and knock into your opponent has to be pretty cool.

Skip Shot
June 21st, 2008, 9:24 PM
I have a lot of favorite attacks:

Faint Attack
Fake Out
Dragon Claw
Shadow Ball
Volt Tackle
Ice Beam
Ice Shard
Dragon Rush
Signal Beam
Sludge Bomb
Aerial Ace
Iron Tail
Energy Ball
Shock Wave

June 21st, 2008, 9:54 PM
Wow, just wow. I can't believe no-one mentioned Draco Meteor, and you all know that is by far the coolest attack in the game. :O Not to mention it's deadly in competitive play.

Sapphire meteors hurdling towards the opponent in skies filled with flares, flames, with quick eruptions of destruction.

It doesn't get any better than that folks, Draco Meteor is pretty damn impressive, and my favourite attack. :D

June 21st, 2008, 10:10 PM
Hyper Beam.
It seemed to be more effective in the old games, but it was the original "Omg, i'll kill you" move. (:
I love the original Hyper Beam effect, so I'll go with this too.
I mean, the screen reversing colours and an awesome lazer beam coming out of the Pokemon = AWSUM

I lol'd at the tiny "marble" Hyper Beam from RSE though :/

June 22nd, 2008, 12:55 AM
Hydro Cannon, Blaze Kick, & Psychic are a win-win for me. XD

June 22nd, 2008, 7:02 AM
i like quite a few too.
Volt tackle
Stealth rock
Rock polish
Hydro pump
Sleep powder
Grass knot
Close combat
Roar of time
Dark void
Spacial rend(I think)
Hyper beam
Thats about it cant think of any others I like XD.

June 22nd, 2008, 7:32 AM
My favourite attack in the Pokemon Anime by no doubt is Hyper Beam, It looks so cool. Probably followed by Flamethrower.

In Pokemon FR/LG Blast Burn looked cool and so did Hydro Cannon, In Diamond and Pearl however, I favoured Draco Meteor.

Moonlit Umbreon
June 25th, 2008, 1:49 AM

It's awesome. Fire being my favourite type, Overheat is the No. 1 Fire-Type attack, inflicts 140 damage. =)

June 25th, 2008, 2:07 AM
Hmm. I thought I had posted here. seems I was wrong. Yeah, I agree with BeachBoy. Draco Meteor is probs the best move but I also like, hmm, let me think.
Aura Sphere, Grass Knot and Substitute along with most competitive play attacks.

June 25th, 2008, 5:07 AM
whater pulse
hydro pump
cosmic power (because it looks cool. lol)
hyper beam

YuuNoKami Saka
June 25th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I think my favorite is Psybeam. It is beautiful and very handy against the hard-to-defeat Fighting types.

June 25th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Earthquake and Icebeam, accurate and devastating.

June 25th, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm a big fan of Ice Beam & Shadow Ball. Ice Beam is powerful and accurate. Shadow ball... I just like it.