PDA

View Full Version : How do I catch Lati@s on Pokemon Emerald???

JollyRoger25
June 21st, 2008, 02:34 PM
I picked the "Red" one after the leauge, and I have just finished cataching all the other legendary pokemon, now I just have to first see the "red" Lati@s, where would be the best place to spot them intially??

Azonic
June 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
There is no best spot, there is a script for determining where Latias shows up.

Requirements:
-Acro Bike
-At least 1 Defeat of the Elite 4
-At least 1 Max Repel
-Something hard and heavy that you can place on a single button of your GameBoy:P

Method:
Here's what you do. After you've defeated the E4, go to any patch of grass (really, it doesn't matter where) in Hoenn and use your Max Repel. Equip your Acro Bike. Then, place your heavy object on your Game Boy in such a way that it holds down only the B button. Watch the screen and make sure that your character is bunny hopping, but is remaining in the same spot. He is? Great. Now leave your Game Boy alone for an hour or two. No, I'm not kidding. Go away for a good long while, and then come back. Don't bother watching, 'cause this method usually takes time to work. Anyway, when you come back, you (Should) have run into Latios/Latias.

Here's why it works:
Latias/Latios works in much the same way that the Legendary dogs did in G/S/C. He/She changes regions frequently, and will do so even if you stay in one region all the time. This method works on the theory that, if you wait in one region long enough, he/she'll eventually meander into it, and then you'll encounter the wily Pokemon. The Max Repel will keep other Pokemon away from you, and the bunny hopping simulates walking through the grass without wasting steps and exhausting your Max Repel.

So now you should have run into the elusive Latios/Latias. What happens next is up to you. I always used a master ball, because I hate chasing them around. But if you want to do it the hard way, just remember that once you've run into Latios/Latias, you can track him/her but everytime you go to a different location the location for Lati@s will change - look at the area page for that Pokemon in your 'Dex. It'll show the current location of him/her. Of course, this is provided you don't make him/her faint. That's it, people. Happy hunting!

JollyRoger25
June 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
Okay, one, does that really work??? And two can I use that same trick(if it works) for Entei on Leaf Green???

GKS
June 21st, 2008, 07:13 PM
You will need the eon ticket if you want the second one. You will get to choose which lati_s you want by picking the color when you mom asks you after you beat the elite 4.

Voltagenic
June 21st, 2008, 07:33 PM
Here's how I caught it:

Buy some Max Repels. Fly to the Weather Institute. Keep on walking in and out. When you walk out, check the area (if you've seen Latias before) of Latias. Sooner or later, it'll come out right at the Weather Institute. When it does, spray a Max Repel and go after it with a high-level poke. It should come out!

Ninja Caterpie
June 21st, 2008, 11:36 PM
If you guys are using VBA, to hold B, press Alt + 2 I think...or CTRL + 2
Something like that...
It will hold button B :) You can do likewise for A and stuff...xD

JolylRoger, no, you can't. The Bike in FR/LG doesn't support bunny hopping.
You CAN, however, use hacks to give you the bike (I thinks)

Gaspar
June 22nd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Having come back to my Emerald cart to finishing catching legendaries and transferring them over to my Pearl cart. I am having a lot of trouble finding the Lati@s. I have betean the E4 and am sure i chose one on the TV, but is there anyway to confirm this? I ask because I left my cart for 9 hours bunny hopping and still nothing, any suggestions?

JollyRoger25
June 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM
Ditto, I left it running all night long, while I slept, and still nothin' is there something I'm doing wrong??

Azonic
June 22nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
1. Beat the Elite Four
2. Get the Acro Bike
3. FLY to an area with low-level Pokemon, make sure it is in the Grassy area! I suggest the area near Oldale Town
4. Spray your Max Repel
5. Hold the B-Button down when you are on your bike. Keep holding it until you start hopping.
6. Put your heavy object on the B-Button so you can continue hopping.
7. Wait a good while. You should have seen Latias by now.

JollyRoger25
June 22nd, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'll try again tonight, but this thing is killing my batteries!!!!

.emerald
June 22nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
tsk... not like that!!!! lati@s can appear anywhere!!! i suggest you have mean look on your team or a wobbuffet.(lati@s flees......). i caught mine between verandurf & mauville.(i used a cloned masterball!!!)

hope this helps!!^_^"!

Azonic
June 22nd, 2008, 06:34 PM
I doubt it will take one night to happen. An hour or so, perhaps, but not a whole night.

JollyRoger25
June 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM
Okay, i just set it up, I'm on Route 103, I've beaten the E4, I picked "Red" on the TV when I beat them, I have a Max Repel Active, and I am currently Hopping, this will work????

.emerald
June 22nd, 2008, 09:17 PM
there is no guarantee that you will. if you saw latias & didn't catch it, look at your dex then "ambush"(not the proper word...) latias to where the dex says it is(i tried it before)

JollyRoger25
June 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Man this blows, I tried it again last night, and still nothing.

シーツー
June 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
I don't know if that's true but I heard u should change the routes occasionally so Lati@s will get there. And it seems to work to me.
Try on the sea. There the routes often change and all the time Ive tried to find Lati@s, it appears on the sea.
Good luck anyway.

JollyRoger25
June 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
How long should I try it for???

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
maybe for a pretty long time... you will catch it eventually....

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
---- This is very annoying, I do NOT remember the Legendary Beasts in Crystal being this hard.

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:29 PM
duh... they can appear anywhere.... i caught mine at first look^_^"!

just be patient.

Tsuin
June 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
---- This is very annoying, I do NOT remember the Legendary Beasts in Crystal being this hard.
Well, the most annoying thing is that Lati@s only appears after you beat the E4, at which point you're not trekking all around the continent anymore. Back in GSC, the beasts were released mid-game, so by time you'd beaten the E4 you will have usually run into at least one or two of them, and the third would usually appear while hunting down the ones you'd seen.

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Well, the most annoying thing is that Lati@s only appears after you beat the E4, at which point you're not trekking all around the continent anymore. Back in GSC, the beasts were released mid-game, so by time you'd beaten the E4 you will have usually run into at least one or two of them, and the third would usually appear while hunting down the ones you'd seen.

i would agree.... use you dex for goodness sake!!! track them down!!!! i did that before & i caught them!!(apllies only if you have seen them)

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I'm screwed, I never saw them, EVER, soo without any sort of guide I guess I will be spending like hours looking for one pokemon, in a world of many other pokemon.

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I'm screwed, I never saw them, EVER, soo without any sort of guide I guess I will be spending like hours looking for one pokemon, in a world of many other pokemon.

THE HECK!!! dont give up yet!!! i had a hard time finding them before, i almost gave up! but just when i was too, i found them!!!

try route 117, thats where they pretty much hang out, i think.....

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks alot, all of you, i have like sixteen methods to finding Latias(thats her, Latias), really thanks. When I find her, I'll tell you all!!!!!!!

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:44 PM
great to hear^^ just dont let her escape!!!!!(she flees!!!)

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I have a masterball saved just for her, heh, heh....

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:50 PM
clone it.. you know how to clone right???

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Yeah, but wheres the fun in that????? I'll clone it. <hangs head in shame>

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:56 PM
i know it doesnt feel right but you need to save your masterball.(clone only 1)

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Okay one, and only one, but for what, I got Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyogre, Registeel, Regice, and Regirock with Ultraballs, and alot of sleep manuvers.

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 08:07 PM
for mew & the other mystery event pokemon....

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Oh okay, sure. Cloning commence!!!!

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 08:14 PM
okay be careful & dont get addiced & loose control.(my emerald got new gamed cause' i did the wrong procedure..)

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hey, what versions do you own LOYALemerald??

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 08:26 PM
MAINLY EMERALD, silver, firered,yellow, diamond & i have a pokemon red rescue team, pokemon ranger, & pokemon ranch..

JollyRoger25
June 27th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Man you are like the opposite of me, I have Emearld and Leafgreen, with my old crystal, yellow and red, and tommarow I'm getting Pearl.

Feuer
June 27th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Here's how I do it. Get a lvl 60 that knows Mean Look. I suggest Golbat or Crobat. Then go to Mossdeep city. Bring a pokemon that knows Surf. Put Golbat/Crobat/MeanLooker at the front of your party. Go into the route under Mossdeep City. Just surf around for a while. The longest I had to wait for the Lati to appear was like 7 minutes or something. Clone your Master Ball if you don't want to waste it or just keep mean looking and throwing Ultra Balls or Timer balls.

JollyRoger25
June 28th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I did it, Latias is mine!!!!!!!!! I was just walking around Route, uhhh, that one with the impossiable febass, looking for a secret base, when she popped up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Masterball RULES!!!!!!!!

Ninja Caterpie
June 28th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Guys, the Lati@s stay in a spot until you fly!
So the best method is to get a few lot of Max Repels, Fly to Oldale Town and kepp going into the grass.
Once you see it, track it down with Pokedex!

.emerald
June 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
great you caught latias!!!!! does she have a "soul due???"

JollyRoger25
June 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM
No, <again hangs head in shame> dissapointing.

El Gofre
June 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
great you caught latias!!!!! does she have a "soul due???"

Only item-event ones have soul dew.