PDA

View Full Version : Do your friends know you like Pokémon?

Avey
June 21st, 2008, 06:30 PM
Remake of this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=68507) thread. I quite like Natsuki's words of wisdom, the twenty-fifth post on the first page of that thread.

Do your friends know you like Pokémon? Only two of mine do, and they like it too. The three of us grew up together with Pokémon, but I'm pretty sure I'm the one that likes it the most. Other than that, nobody except for my family knows about it, and they think that I just buy the games to respect my pastime. If they knew I was on a forum they'd have me locked up, I can assure you.

Jak
June 21st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Most of my friends know, but none of them are on the same page. Although, I did manage to teach my friend how to battle with the cards. She kinda likes playing with those, really.

I can at least talk about the games and anime with my boyfriend, but even still, my knowledge pwns him. And since I'm totally in love with Pokemon Special, which he only knows about my crack ships, then...yeeeeah. I'm lonely there.

But for the most part, I have no one.

Ageless Irony
June 21st, 2008, 06:42 PM
No one really...Becasue no one else I know likes Pokemon >.>
Just my close friends know I'm a super Pokefreak...

My best friend plays the games though...But my real Passion is PokemonSPecial...And yeeeah....No one knows that.

Jak
June 21st, 2008, 06:47 PM
My best friend plays the games though...But my real Passion is PokemonSPecial...And yeeeah....No one knows that.

Ha. I know it, though. ;D

And also, I'd like to point out that I'm not made fun of for liking it. Maybe get told to shut up about it, but...you get it. ^^;

Tré
June 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
uh...yeah..i think all of my friends know that..because i'm the one of the pokemon masters in the world....lol...seriously...in our school...276 wins streak...

Motsuko Live
June 21st, 2008, 07:11 PM
Nooo!
Har har, I highly doubt they'll ever find out either. It's very, very unlikely I'd ever tell them I like Pokemon.

destinedjagold
June 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM
nope. my friends don't know about my love for pokemon, but my close friends and best friends know all about it, every single information! :P

I am not embarrassed about it, in fact, I am proud to be a Pokemon fan. :P

i even made some of them addicted to pokemon. :P

fade101
June 22nd, 2008, 04:05 AM
Hmm... i wont say all of em... Just some close friends of mine coz they kinda like pokemon... Well 'used' to but their okay with it... Most of my childhood friends back home knows that i am the ultimate pokefreak because we grew up with pokemon XD

Mr. Curling Iron
June 22nd, 2008, 04:41 AM
Lol They don't really know, but they wouldnt care xD =)

~Miraj

lol @ fade xD Im sneaking on the comp for about 10 mins =D

Saltare.
June 22nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
No, only my friends that DO like pokemon and their brother who hates pokemon.

dark_Uxie
June 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
None of my m8z know apart from like 2 but i chill with girls most of the time so I dont want then knowing im a superpokefreak. Dont care what everyone else thinks though XD.

Devil's Guitarist
June 22nd, 2008, 08:37 AM
nop,only 1 freind of mine know that.but i know that my other friends wouldn't mather because..well they are my friends!of course,they would make a joke or 2....(look at my age,but for me that ISN'T IMPORTANT AT ALL!)

st.jimmy
June 22nd, 2008, 08:42 AM
iv got a bit of street cred(yall know what im sayin' fool?!)
so only like two kids know im a mega geek,until the other day i was in school and my m8s nicked my bag.
found 6 pokemon games and a guide to mario galaxy.......they told 99% of the school.:(

i wasnt happy ,so yeah...most of my freinds know im a dork.

Snivi
June 22nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
Yes most of my friends know.

vano-m
June 22nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
Yeah, all of my friends know. Some of them find it a little bit strange, some of em find it funny, some of em like pokemon too.

Victoria~
June 22nd, 2008, 11:07 AM
Nope.
They have noo ideia that I play pokémon and visit pokémon forums.
Very few of them know how mad I am about PokéSpe, but those who know said that the manga is stupid like the anime.
They have to clean their filthy mouth before talking about such a lovely manga! >:O

Ethan718
June 22nd, 2008, 11:26 AM
Yeah my friends know it, I want to try to look like a nerd, but I play baseball and tennis so I'm not always viewed that way D:

You shouldn't hide what you like, that's just dumb...

The_G'
June 23rd, 2008, 01:13 AM
Only the ones that play/watch/likes pokemon or the ones that understands my obsession knows I like pokemon. Others not much

Notorious
June 23rd, 2008, 02:08 AM
No.

Hell, I don't even really like Pokemon anymore, I'm just going here for other things, which probably doesn't make sense at all, but that's just me.

1stGenNut
June 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
Yeah, most do, and they don't bug me for it. A fair few friends play Pokemon too, but that's more real life friends. My best friend kinda likes Pokemon too, she has this special Pokeball game, but I think Im more of the fan :3

ErickaVolt
June 23rd, 2008, 04:28 AM
Yep. Most of my friends knows that I like Pokemon. Because my friends also like Pokemon too! They're all PokeManiacs. xD

YOOM-TAH
June 23rd, 2008, 07:59 AM
Love the topic idea.

The only friends of mine who really know I like it as much as I do are the ones who like it the same. College buddies though, nope. I actually blogged about it once before on dA. Here's what I said, I'm sure most people here would be quick to agree with me.

First, I will start with Pokemon! YAY! As a 19 year old college student, it's not common knowledge amongst many of my peers that I'm an avid pokemon fan, since for most people it's considered a very "kiddy" game/show/concept, and it seems as if it's almost insane for anyone past the age of 12 to play the game. The majority of people my age played Pokemon back when the original Blue and Red versions were released, and like all kids, they loved it. They still have fond memories of playing and enjoying the game. Many of these people continued on to play Gold and Silver, and then after that, the people who still played Pokemon are few and far between, which strikes me as odd. It's as if the games aren't fun for them anymore simply because it's no longer considered "cool" at their age, I guess. However, the series of Pokemon games only continues to get better and better. I of course purchased Pokemon Pearl for the DS as soon as I could (Diamond was sold out) and found it to be amazing. The amount of content is staggering, and it kept me WELL entertained for quite a time. However, when I talk to many people about it, the overwhelming opinion is that the originals were better. Not only is this incredibly neophobic, but it doesn't make any sense. There's things like "Blue and red were the originals, all the rest are the same thing and so it's boring" or "They just keep adding more pokemon, there's too many, etc." Really, what they mean to say is "I am too cool for Pokemon now, but I'm also cool enough to admit I used to play it and enjoy it, and so I'll just claim that I don't play it now because it's not good, or there's too many pokemon." Too many? 8-year olds have no problem keeping up with 493 different pokemon. Is it a math problem? Can't count that high? I don't get it.

seemecelinna
June 23rd, 2008, 08:04 AM
Of course they know, as most of time they find me playing pokemon games.

シーツー
June 23rd, 2008, 08:13 AM
Only my real friends know that I like it. And they like it as well!
But the people at my school (I don't call them friends cuz they don't really know me) have no clue about it. But that's not only with Pokémon. I always have to hide my hobbies because I'm sure they wouldn't accept me if they knew ._. That's very annoying sometimes but I already live with my "double life" 5 years.

But I'm always glad to have my friends who think the same like me etc. I would get down if I had to hide my whole real life for everyone o.O

Gummy
June 23rd, 2008, 09:08 AM
The only good friend of mine that knows I like Pokemon likes it as well. Still, I won't tell him that I like it so much that I go on Pokemon forums every chance I get. Reputation, ya know?

♫♪♫♥Azurill♥♫♪♫
June 23rd, 2008, 09:18 AM
my friends know, but they dont really like it, so I dont talk about pokemon around them.