PDA

View Full Version : What new moves would you like to see in a Pokemon game?

Skip Shot
June 21st, 2008, 09:26 PM
What new moves do you think would be good for a pokemon game? When you put down a move, select it's type, power, and type of attack(physical, special, or status.)

I'll go first:

Flame Tail
Fire-Type
Power: 85
Physical Attack

Horyo
June 21st, 2008, 10:24 PM
A rock type move with at least 100% accuracy?

Tyranitar07
June 22nd, 2008, 11:25 AM
A rock type move with at least 100% accuracy?

Power Gem anyone? Ancientpower anyone?...

Ethan718
June 22nd, 2008, 11:30 AM
I'd like to see more hit-and-run moves, I know they exist, but just more of them, those are good. I mean like you get an attack, then switch out with that same attack.

Sydian
June 22nd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hmmm...

Siren Song
Power: --
Type: Water
Accuracy: 80%
Category: Other
Effect: Causes all Pokemon in battle to sleep, except for the user

Avey
June 22nd, 2008, 02:46 PM
What the games really need are some more Dark-Type, Steel-Type and Ice-Type attacks, in my opinion. There just isn't that many.

AJ™
June 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM
Name: Icesplosion
Type: Ice
Power: 250
Desc: Like explosion, but for Ice type pokemon!

Horyo
June 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM
Power Gem anyone? Ancientpower anyone?...

Let me fix that, any PHYSICAL rock type move with 100% accuracy.

Sydian
June 22nd, 2008, 05:01 PM
What the games really need are some more Dark-Type, Steel-Type and Ice-Type attacks, in my opinion. There just isn't that many.

Why do I always agree with you?

We do need more of those. I find myself typically leaning on Faint Attack, Flash Cannon, and Ice Beam. There need to be more options for those types of moves.

Skip Shot
June 22nd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Let me fix that, any PHYSICAL rock type move with 100% accuracy.

Try This:
Move: Iron Rock
Type: Rock
Acc:----
Power: 90
The user turns into a ball of magnetic rock and uses the rock's magnetic field to slam the opponent without fail.

Also--- what about a move that always hits, including Pokemon that use Dig, Dive, Fly, or Shadow Force?

The_G'
June 22nd, 2008, 09:03 PM

True we are limited to those kind of attacks.

sirboulevard
June 22nd, 2008, 09:22 PM
Hyper Burst:
Type: Normal
Special Attack
Accuracy: 90%
Power: 150
A powerful short blast. PreCharges for attack causing Pokemon to attack 2nd.

Basically Hyper Beam, but a little more useful because instead of a waiting a turn to recharge you charge on the attack turn and attack 2nd.

Yeah, I have to agree with Oni Raichu as well... I guess Faint Attack, and Ice Beam aren't too bad of moves but it does make for boring battles between people with those type of pokes.

hothead
June 23rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
I agree with you all so much we need more Ice And Dark type moves I don't care much about steel i hate the element it has one good move and i always give it to my feralagtr STEEL TAIL but yes i agree about the dark

But a good move would be Some thing like LIGHTNING ROD a move that cause the pokemon to get struck by lightning when it rains like (in other words its just a way of making the pokemon get a bit more damage like hail)

Azonic
June 23rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
What the games really need are some more Dark-Type, Steel-Type and Ice-Type attacks, in my opinion. There just isn't that many.Because Assurance, Beat up, Bite, Crunch, Dark Pulse, Dark Void, Embargo, Faint Attack, Fake Tears, Flatter, Fling, Knock off, Memento, Nasty Plot, Night Slash, Payback, Punishment, Pursuit, Snatch, Sucker Punch, Switcheroo, Taunt, Thief, Torment, Bullet Punch, Doom Desire, Flash Cannon, Gyro Ball, Iron Defense, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Magnet Bomb, Metal Burst, Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Meteor Mash, Mirror Shot, Steel Wing, Aurora Beam, Avalanche, Blizzard, Hail, Haze, Ice Ball, Icebeam, Ice Fang, Ice Punch, Ice Shard, Icicle Spear, Icy Wind, Mist, Powder Snow, and Sheer Cold just isn't enough moves to be used by a Pokemon. Dark has a TON of moves. Ice moves really do not require much more, since if more would created those moves wouldn't really be used much. Same with Steel, the number of moves might not be too much, but they've got most of it covered, a good physical and special move with some stat altering ones here and there. The number of Steel moves rival the average of the number of moves per element. In my opinion, there should be more Dragon moves. Eleven moves isn't enough. And so I introduce these moves.

Name: Incision
Type: Steel
PP: 10
Base Power: 100
Accuracy: 95
Category: Physical
Description: The user hardens it's claws to a steel-like material and incises its claws into the opponent to attack. No added effect.

Name: Sharpen
PP: 20
Base Power: --
Accuracy: --
Descriptions: The user refines and sharpens it's coating and restores half of it's HP.

Name: Wyvern Drive
Type: Dragon
PP: 5
Base Power: 120
Accuracy: 85
Description: User cloaks itself with a mystical veil, then attacks with a blitz of dragon power.

Name: Power Jump
Description: User jumps with power to gather energy. Raises Special Attack and Speed.

Name: Missile Blow
Base Power: 120
Category: Special
Description: User unleashes a flock of super-charged missiles and bombs the opponent.

Name: Rolling Stone
Base Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
Description: A boulder is rolled beeline towards the opponent to flatten them.

Name: Chrysalis
Description: User surrounds and encloses the opponent in a freezing chrysalis. Chrysalis walls shrink when the foe is secure inside. 10% chance of paralyzing the opponent.

There it is, a new Steel Move, recovery moves for the steel type (seeing how Bronzong desperately needs one.), a "Fire Blast style" Dragon Move, a special attack version of Dragon Dance, a special steel move, a 100AC Rock move as Horyo wanted, and an ice move upon popular demand.

Skip Shot
June 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM
Name: Rolling Stone
Base Power: 90
Description: A boulder is rolled beeline towards the opponent to flatten them.

Stole my move...

Move: Iron Rock
Acc:----
The user turns into a ball of magnetic rock and uses the rock's magnetic field to slam the opponent without fail.

Anyways..

I definitely think we need more Ice-type Moves. Here are some I was thinking of:

Flash Freeze
Acc.: 90
The user immediately flash freezes the opponent. The opponent becomes frozen. Can not use this move for 3 turns after using it.

Chill Beam
Power: 65
The user cools itself down, then launches a chilling beam at the opponent. Has a 20% chance of raising the power of the user's Ice type moves by 50%.

I've also come up with another move:
Calm Eye
Power: 100
Type: Psychic

THe user detects where an opponent who is out of attack range is, then slams into the opponent. If the opponent is not underground, underwater, in the air, or has disappeared, this attack will fail.

chaos11011
June 29th, 2008, 05:33 AM
Name: Divine Dance
Descriptions: Dances to increase the users lowest stat by 3 stages

.emerald
June 29th, 2008, 05:57 AM
name:sheild void
type:fighting
accuracy:
power:
category:other
description:a mysterious ceremony that increases both defense & speed.

raging lion
June 29th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Name: Earth crusher
Type : Ground
Power: ---
Accuracy : 75
description : A one hit-Ko attack. Hits every one on the screen except the user or any flying type pokemon

chaos11011
June 29th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Name:Exp Blast
Type:Normal
PP:15
Accuracy:100
Power:90
Category:Special
Description:a blast of energy hits the foe if this attack K.Os the foe the Exp gained doubles

Name:Stat Sucker
Type:ghost
PP:10
Accuracy90
Power:90
Description:ghosts wrap around the foe and the user gains 2 stages of the foes best stat

GKS
June 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM
I would have said that I would like to see some good grass move,
but since D/P added a lot, not much.

sanny the hedgehog
June 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
i think they should make a move like this one

firecracker
tipe: fire (duh)
damage: 95

dark_Uxie
June 29th, 2008, 03:13 PM
heres what id have

Name:Dragons song
Type:Dragon
PP:20
Accuracy:90
Power:80
Category:special
description:A move that sends the foe to sleep but also every turn drains HP from the foe and gives the health to the user>

I think thats quite a cool move XD!

heres what id have
Name: Dragon's song
Accuracy:90
Power:85
Category: special
description: A move that sends the foe to sleep but at the same time drains HP from the foe to the user.

I think thats quite cool XD!

Skip Shot
June 29th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Here's some more moves:

Ninja Stab
Power: 45
Acc: 100
PP: 30

The user sneaks behind its opponent and stabs it from the shadows. THis move always goes first.

Powder Shot
Type: Grass
Power: 85
Acc: 95

The user fires a powerful shot of powders that slams into the opponent at a high velocity. It also may inflict paralysis, sleep, or poisoning.

Snowball Barrage
Power: 80

The user fires a flurry of snowballs at the opponent.

Cover Shot
Type: ???
Power: 100
PP:5

The user throws its held item into the opponent to flinch them, then attacks on the next turn. The type of the move depends on the held item.

t3hjolteon
June 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Personally, I'm surprised that we're lacking a move that makes a pokemon freeze ... and does nothing else. I wouldn't know what the accuracy of such a move should be, but using it would be a great help in catching pokemon.

Skip Shot
June 30th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Personally, I'm surprised that we're lacking a move that makes a pokemon freeze ... and does nothing else. I wouldn't know what the accuracy of such a move should be, but using it would be a great help in catching pokemon.

Try this:
Move: Ice Tomb
The user surrounds the opponent in a tomb of ice, resulting in the opponent becoming frozen. This move will fail in sunny weather or in sandstorms.

solopy567
June 30th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Two attacks:

Name: Certain Kill
Accuracy: 90
Description: Throws two giant sticks at the opponent, joining their arms and legs together making them unable to move for 1 turn

Name: Giga Drill Breaker
Power: 120
Accuracy: 70
Description: Creates a giant drill on arm, and charges the opponent with it. Becomes 100% accurate if Certain Kill is used before.

raging lion
June 30th, 2008, 11:12 PM
Name: rainbow sword
Type: flying
Description: The user send rainbow coloured sharp feathers at the opponent.

Name: Tri thunder
Type: Thunder
Description: The user creates three barrier of thunder around itself which hurts the enemy if comes into contact with user. The barriers disappear after 3 turns.

Mattysaurus
June 30th, 2008, 11:22 PM
This move would be funny.

Name: Thunder Armor
Type: Electric
Accuracy:75
Description: The pokemon becomes covered in an electrafied armor that raises attack and defense for the battle. Has 100% accuracy in rainy weather.

(For those that do not know, this "move" was used in the AG episode Solid as a Solrock.)

ErickaVolt
July 1st, 2008, 03:20 AM
Tsunami
Power: You'll know if you got hit.
Type: Water
Accuracy: ---
PP: 3
Effect: 1 Hit KO
Description: Summons very big huge waves 30 times bigger than surf.

Red Cross
Power: -50
Effect: Heals an ally.
Description: Just healing...

Meteor Strike
Accuracy: 20 [Possibly misses because of small meteors, but big radius.]
Effect: 1 Hit KO
Description: Strikes small meteors in a big area radius.

Iron Curtain
Type: Steal/Normal
Accuracy: ---
Effect: Gives a 100% hot armor. When the enemy hits [except for the indirect hits] the Pokemon that uses it, the enemy gets a 10% damage. It takes only 3 hits to destroy teh armor.
Description: Puts the whole body in a hot armor.

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 1st, 2008, 04:09 AM

Couldn't agree more.

But let's see... a move called Fire Explosion (I suck at thinking of names) that would be a fire type version of explode would be nice.

Also, I move called Freezer Burn would be a good idea. You know, an ice type move that could cause burns?

July 2nd, 2008, 01:16 AM
Name: Aggression
Effect: The user's Attack and Speed stat increase two stages. They become confused.

Useful for things with low strength.

Name: Ignorance
Effect: The user's ability is negated for five turns

Slaking anyone?

.emerald
July 2nd, 2008, 05:11 AM
i think all of your attacks are unfair....

Shwicked
July 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Fireball
Type: Fire
PP: 15
Description: The user summons a fireball that hits the enemy. There is a 10% chance of summoning two fireballs for extra damage (65+65=130 power) There is also a 30% chance of burning the enemy.

Pierce
The user pierces the target with it's claws, pincers, drills, etc. This move ignores increased DEFENSE stat changes (think Harden, Iron Defense, Defense Curl, etc.), Protect, and Detect. 30% chance of lowering the target's defense. This move is super effective on Steel types.

Tempest
Type: Flying
PP: 3
The user summons a powerful tornado that hits the enemy. If the enemy survives the hit, the enemy is blown away (think Whirlwind). There is also a 30% chance of bringing in Rain or Hail weather condition (15% of bringing in Rain and 15% of bringing in Hail). The user is confused afterwards.

Skip Shot
July 2nd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Here's a coupleof moves I was thinking about:

Rage Blast:
Power:300
The user builds up anger for 2 turns, then unleashes a powerful blast of energy that engulfs the whole battlefield.

Short-Out
Power: 230
PP: 1
The user shorts out all of its electricity, sneding out an electric wave that covers the whole battlefield. The user faints after using this attack.

Frost Bite
The user bites the opponent with freezing teeth. The foe may also be either burned or frozen.

Shade's Curse
Type: Dark
Power: 95
The user releases a strange power that repeatedly slams the opponent for 3 turns.

I've been looking at ppl's moves, imo, the following moves are really cool/terrifying:

sirboulevard- Hyper Burst
King Tyranitar: Aggresion, Ignorance
solopy567- Giga Drill Breaker
Raikazu- Wyvern Rush, Power Jump, Chrysalis, Sharpen
Shwicked- Fireball
chaos11011- Divine Dnace
hardc0rerock- Powder Shot, Ice Tomb, Ninja Stab
sanny the hedgehog- firecracker

July 2nd, 2008, 10:06 PM
i think all of your attacks are unfair....

I think your post is off topic and spam.

Name: Strangulation
Accuracy: 80
Effect: Has a chance to raise users attack stage and a chance to lower users defense stage.

Name: Determination
Type: Fighting
Effect: User takes 1/2 damage from super effective hits for 5 turns.

SmashGood
July 2nd, 2008, 10:51 PM
Something with more than 10% freezing chance.

Halcyon
July 2nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
Name: Sharpen
Descriptions: The user refines and sharpens it's coating and restores half of it's HP.

WAIT! I thought there's already a move named Sharpen.

Something with more than 10% freezing chance.

Yah, I agree that.

How about?

Name: Frost
Type: ICE
Accuracy: 55
Description: With a gust of icy wind, the foe freezes.

Apathetic_Yen
July 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
Psyburn (TCG ripoff)
Power: 70
AR: 30%
Effect: A psychic wave that may inflict a burn.

Possession
Type: Ghost
Power: N/A
AR: 100%
Effect: Allows user to take over targeted pokemon and use it's attacks for one turn. During that turn the pokemon that used Possession is rendered useless, as it is controlling the other pokemon. (Obviously would be best to use in double battles, seeing that you could make your opponent kill it's ally)

Frostbite
Effect: Temperature drops and freezes the opponent.

Poison Spit
Type: Poison
AR: 20%
Effect: Venom is spat at the opponent eyes, always reducing accuracy and may also poison.

Firewall
Type: Fire
Accuracy: N/A
AR: 10%
Effect: A barrier of fire is summoned in front of the user. Evades attack, but fails if used in succesion. Any opponent making a physical move against the user is inflicted with damage, reducing 1/8 HP. May also inflict a burn.

.emerald
July 4th, 2008, 10:06 PM
I think your post is off topic and spam.

Name: Strangulation
Accuracy: 80
Effect: Has a chance to raise users attack stage and a chance to lower users defense stage.

Name: Determination
Type: Fighting
Effect: User takes 1/2 damage from super effective hits for 5 turns.

i was reffering to their giving of OHKO attacks,& or other attacks,it seems really unfair....

ill givE a few:(all fair!!!)

name:Solar wind
Power:---
Accuracy:85
Type:grass
Effect:lets out a blast of solar energy to sharply lower SP.ATK.

name:toxic blast
Power:120
Accuracy:85
Type:poison
Effect:looses a toxin so vile that even a dose of it may prove fatal, may also poison

ScyKinG
July 5th, 2008, 12:06 AM
I would like a Ice move like Stealth Rocks... So that it scares away all the OU dragons <.<

Skip Shot
July 5th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I would like a Ice move like Stealth Rocks... So that it scares away all the OU dragons <.<

Move: Snowstorm
The user summons a snowstorm that hurts any switching in opponents.

Posted by Brock Lee
Frostbite
Effect: Temperature drops and freezes the opponent

I'd like to say one thing about this: Check to see if someone else has come up with a move of the same name before posting your move. This has happened once before.

Posted by hardc0rerock
Frost Bite
The user bites the opponent with freezing teeth. The foe may also be either burned or frozen

Glaceon_
July 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Move: Snowstorm
The user summons a snowstorm that hurts any switching in opponents.

I personally think a better name and description would fit that kind of move. Hail works pretty much in the same way as this move you've made. I'd personally go with:

Icy Spikes (or After Frost; something along those lines)

The user scatters spikes of ice around the foe, hurting opposing Pokemon that switch into battle.

(or, should it follow After Frost)
The user creates icy blocks around the foe, which hurt opposing Pokemon that switch into battle.

The only good name for this kind of move has been taken by Ice Shard.

The Bringer!
July 5th, 2008, 03:12 PM
How about:

Flare
Special, Fire
Power: 60
Double base power on a burned opponent.

Vampire Fang
Physical, Dark
User gains HP equal to half the damage dealt to the opponent with this attack.

Arctic Wind
Other, Ice
Accuracy: 75
Freezes the opponent unless it is an ice or fire type.

Spore Spray
Special, Grass
Power: 15
Accuracy: 60
The foe is affected with leech seed and is put to sleep.

MayorPork
July 5th, 2008, 03:36 PM
"Sharpen" is already a move known by Porygon.

Name: Giga Burst
Base Power: 250
Description: The user charges for 2 turns, then attacks with an extremely high powered blast.

Name: Psycho Freeze
Description: The user uses psychic power to create a field around the opponent that freezes it immediately.

Name: Power Sacrifice
Description: The user faints. The next Pokemon to switch out powers up immensely.

(When The other Pokemon switches out, it reads, "Power Sacrifice increased Diglett's power!"
"Diglett's attack sharply rose!"
and so on for every stat.)

Name: Life Dance
Description: The user heals itself completely. However, all of its stats are lowered.

(By one stage)

Name: Slime Drench
Type: Poison
Base Power: 25
Description: The target becomes drenched in a slime that cuts its speed and damages it each turn for 2-5 turns.

Name: Haunt
Type: Ghost
Accuracy: 50
Description: The user controls the foe's mind for a short amount of time to fool it that its partner is its enemy. Works only in double battles.

Name: Mega Shock
Description: The user releases a shock from its body that is guaranteed to hit the foe.

This is fun!

JKLAZ
July 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Glaosion (glay.osion)(like glacier, and explosion)
Base Power: 130
You grab on to your foe, and release body explodes with ice shards, peircing the foe and the ones around you (partner in double battles, and both enemies)
Doesnt kill you, but you take a recoil

MayorPork
July 5th, 2008, 03:57 PM
You can do way better than "Glaosion". all of the move names in Pokemon are made of real words. Cool move though.