PDA

View Full Version : Too old?

supersmashbro93
June 23rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
whens a good age to stop playing card games and pokemon because i'm 15 and i thought i was old and if you look at some of the ages of these profiles the oldest i've seen is 22

Horyo
June 23rd, 2008, 11:27 AM
So long as it interests you, and it's not a detriment to your life (obsession, grades) then there's no restriction.

YOOM-TAH
June 23rd, 2008, 12:13 PM
I don't see any kind of logic or reasoning in getting rid of something that interests you just because your age becomes a different number.

Tenbinza
June 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I remember when I was 13, someone at school said I was "too old" for pokemon. There's no reason to lose interest just because of your age.

Jeremy
June 23rd, 2008, 12:34 PM
You're never too old to give up an interest, sweetie. My friend's dad still collects and plays Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I never felt like I was too old for Pokémon. =3

Jak
June 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
Honey, you're never too old. If you still like it, keep playing.

And if there's no one around you that is your age and plays Pokemon, just know there's plenty on PC! :D

Kraka-chan
June 23rd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Well, I'm about 20 and although I'm not as into it as much, I still play the Pokemon games from time to time.

Gummy
June 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
I don't every see myself getting too old for games. Heck, when I have kids, I'll make sure they appreciate games as much as I do.

Avey
June 23rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
So you're the type of person that will happily stop doing something he or she is doing just because someone tells them to? Get some independence, please. As long as you enjoy Pokémon, keep playing it. It's not rocket science. Don't ever let people tell you that you're too old for something, because those are normally the idiots that started swearing when they were seven years old to look cool.

icomeanon6
June 23rd, 2008, 01:35 PM
While Pokemon was designed with younger children in mind, there's really no reason to stop enjoying it just because of that. I still play the games because they involve a good deal of strategy. When adults/teenagers start obsessing over Pokemon, that's when you get problems. I think it's really important for older Pokemon fans to not let it get in the way of what's more important in their lives.
Don't ever let people tell you that you're too old for something, because those are normally the idiots that started swearing when they were seven years old to look cool.I haven't really seen any seven year olds swear that much, but I know plenty of middle-schoolers who do. I keep telling them how ridiculous they sound, but that only seems to make them cuss even more.

Saltare.
June 23rd, 2008, 02:52 PM
Just because your 15 and still like and play pokemon doesn't mean you should stop. "Your never to old to be interested in something you love"