PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever played Pokemon Emerald as Brendan?

PokemonGamer119
June 25th, 2008, 07:30 AM
I have because I'm a guy and I prefer playing the hero instead of the heroine and it's kind of fun having May as my "rival" I prefer May over Gary and that red head from G/S/C

NatureKeeper
June 26th, 2008, 04:47 AM
I tink my sis did that but i played it with may :D

The_G'
June 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
I do. I use Bredan in a different name.

Pookachu
June 26th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Yea, I used Brendan but with my name.

PokemonGamer119
June 26th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Yea, I used Brendan but with my name.

Yeah I use my name when I'm playing a silent character too...for some strange reason it makes me feel like I am that character.

JollyRoger25
June 26th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Actually thats who I'm playing as right now, see I keep genders to specific versions. Firered-Male LeafGreen-Female Ruby-male Sapphire-Female Emerald-Tossup(male now)

Pupil GhostPsychicIceDragon
June 27th, 2008, 05:03 AM
I played with Brendan because I didn't know why.

Eagledawn
June 29th, 2008, 02:24 PM
I played as Brendan once in a no-save file becuase I wanted to see what May's Pokenav page looked like. But other than that, no, I always play as the female character.

t3hjolteon
June 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I usually play with the male in one game and the female in the other. Emerald, being the first third game in which you could pick either gender, was a toss-up decided by the flip of a coin (literally). In the end I wound up being the boy.

When Platinum comes out, I will probably pick the female trainer.

Gavin
June 29th, 2008, 09:40 PM
I've always played as the male protagonist in each game. However what I use to do was I'd adapt to the actual Anime version of the character, and have the same Pokémon as the Anime character etc. It was fun for a while. But eventually I wanted to incorporate my own personality into the game, in which I became more stronger and most of all, it became more fun.

CoCa-P26
June 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I play as a boy because I am a boy. If I play as the girl I would get confused and start questioning myself ;)

Actually, I switch off everytime I play.

solopy567
June 30th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I always use Brendan with my name......I only use May for entertainment rather than serious play

GKS
June 30th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I play as a guy because I'm a guy. :)

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 1st, 2008, 04:52 AM
I use May, but with my name, Abby.

Lt. Silver
July 2nd, 2008, 03:14 AM
You get asked if you are a boy or a girl not if you want to play as a boy or a girl I believe.
I have never played as the female character in any of the games

Cartmic
July 2nd, 2008, 05:06 AM
I play as a guy because I'm a guy. :)

I don't like prancing around in Women's Clothing, so I play as a Guy :P

PokemonGamer119
July 2nd, 2008, 06:18 AM
I don't like prancing around in Women's Clothing, so I play as a Guy :P

:laugh: You don't go prancing around in Women's Clothing, but whenever you play Tomb Raider or Metroid Prime you're a girl no matter what.

BoxcarRacer711
July 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
:laugh: You don't go prancing around in Women's Clothing, but whenever you play Tomb Raider or Metroid Prime you're a girl no matter what.

LMAO (filler filler filler)

Nosliw87
July 2nd, 2008, 08:30 AM
My rivals name is always "loser" lol
and my diamond char is a girl because its my sisters original file. ive gotten too far to start over though

Saltare.
July 2nd, 2008, 08:32 AM
I chose Brendan, and named him Brendan. Even though I am a girl. But I'd rather have Brendan because he's my fave minor character

PokemonGamer119
July 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM
My rivals name is always "loser" lol
and my diamond char is a girl because its my sisters original file. ive gotten too far to start over though

I bought a used copy of Pokemon Sapphire yesterday and the last person who played it was a girl because the main character's name was "SARA" and the main character had a fully evolved Torchic.

Zaia Katora
July 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM
I alternate between the male/female characters. If I played the last game as a female, I play as male, and vice versa. So, yes, I have played Emerald as Brendan.

Obby
July 3rd, 2008, 05:39 AM
I play as a guy with my own name. because instead of copying the charactors from the shows, I'd thought it'd be fun if I played as myself

Shiori-Hikaru
July 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
Nah, I always play as May/Dawn/Whatever..
It just doesn't seem the same when I play as the guy..

Jak
July 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM
I've played as him a few times.

I think I'm playing as him on Emerald right now, though. D: But I like his uber awesome Emerald clothes better. I might play as him again when I start a new file on my Emerald that's not for storage. :D

.Eevee-Chan
July 3rd, 2008, 01:25 PM
Yup,i think he's cute!
he's so stubby and waddles like a penguin!

Miss_Harleen
July 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I'm a girl, and I used Brendan. But I went by the name of Sweeney. I was quite a Sweeney Todd fan at the time. :)

Gamewhale
July 6th, 2008, 05:00 AM
Yeah, quite a few times. In fact, I'm playing as him right now in my current save file.

Syrex
July 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I won't even lie.

Half the time, I'll play as the female when I'm a male.

I have no idea why.

the bitter end.
July 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Yes, I do (ususally). I like Garymoreactually but...

ice_nine
July 11th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Before I started playing, my friend told me playing as a girl was easier because the male trainers wouldn't battle as hard against you. I actually believed him, so I never played as Brendan.

Lynnx
July 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I play as Brendan occasionally when I want to use Swampert instead of Blaziken as my starter. It's just a habit of mine. But I play as May most of the time.