View Full Version : What Elements need more pokemon in the 5th gen if there is one

June 25th, 2008, 6:54 PM
What Elements need more pokemon in the 5th gen if there is one.

I personaly think Ice, Electric and more poison

So what do u people think

The Bringer!
June 25th, 2008, 6:58 PM
They definitely need more ice and ghost, and hopefully not have only two different kinds of a certain type again like for the fire type in D/P.

El Gofre
June 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Dragons are the most under-represented, with less than 20 and many are NFE. The game is also lacking in exceptional special-attacking dragons, barring salemence and a couple of others.

June 26th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Definately right there.

I also noticed a rather HUGE lack of fire types in D/P, so some more of those. A nice Fire/Poison/Dragon 5th Generation will make everyone happy. I don't see much point in alot of Electrics however, since the few that exist are already pretty awesome. I just wish Electravire (Spelt wrong because I forget) didn't look so demented.

June 26th, 2008, 7:13 PM
Fire, non-legendary psychic, dark, steel, fighting, and ice.

June 26th, 2008, 7:16 PM
Ice, Ghost, Dark, Psychic and Dragon.

June 27th, 2008, 1:20 PM
We need more dragon,ice,electric,ghost,and steel types

June 27th, 2008, 4:18 PM
I'm none too bothered about Dragons. Being legendary beasts, I'm not surprised in the increase of Legendary Pokemon representing Dragons. Ordinary, albeit rare, Dragon type Pokemon don't interest me too much, in the future Generations, if the best they can come up with is a Land Shark. (talking about looks, over strength, Garchomp defenders)

Fire types probably one of the most under-implemented Pokemon types, to say that its one of the initial types that shows up in the Starters line-up. I wasn't really pleased about the lack of choice we were given, when looking for a Fire type, and if I ever restart my game, again, I'll definitely make sure I trade across a Fire type, as opposed to being lumbered with the same choice, over and over again.

Electric types, in my opinion, are fine. However, I will be expecting Raichirisu (what I've been calling a Pachirisu evolution ever since I saw Pachirisu) in Generation V.

Too many Grass, Poison or Grass/Poison Pokemon, in my opinion. There are other elements that need much more development upon; such as Fire and Ice.

Speaking of Ice, it would be nice to see some better new Ice types, over evolutions/pre-evolutions of past ones. Snover was probably the biggest disappointment in D/P, due to the fact that it was pretty much the only Generation-Specific Ice type. The others being evolutions of Generation I, II or III Pokemon, such as Snorunt and Piloswine. No; I'm not saying their evolutions are rubbish; I'm just saying they don't play on the edge of imagination; playing off of the past, instead of making for the future.

One thing that bothered me was the fact that some Generation-Specific evolutions weren't included in D/P, when Generation III, to my knowledge, contained 200 Pokemon for its Region's Pokedex, while they for some reason downsized to 150, with Manaphy being the optional 151. (as was with Mew, in Gen I) Glaceon would have made a welcome change to Candice's team, over a Snover, and a Froslass would have been nice to see there, too. Leafeon would have been brilliant for Gardenia, and Electivire would have fitted in quite nicely for Volkner... and if they wanted, they could have ended the dispute as to if Rotom was Legendary or not by sticking it in the Gym, or something.

Its something I'm hoping Platinum will rectify.

Anyway, I think I've gone a bit off-topic, now.. so I'll conclude with saying Generation-Specific Fire and Ice types would be a good move to make, for Generation V, due to the fact that they were greatly lacking, in D/P/P; especially for Ice types, as Sinnoh is probably the coldest-seeming Region, to date.