PDA

View Full Version : Those people...

Guitar God in Training
June 26th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Ok. we all know at least one of those people who haven't played any pokemon games past Gold and Silver and are adamant that the original generation games are the best in the series and always will be.

Warning: I go on a bit here...

They say that the first 151 pokemon were the best designs and the first generation had the best storyline. While many agree that the first generation did have the best designs and storyline, further generations have only added to the gameplay, nothing has ever been removed from the games.

When I have asked they have all said that all generations of pokemon are basically the same concept, collect and battle pokemon, which is true. But anything else just wouldn't be a good pokemon game. I don't think any of us would want a pokemon platformer or FPS, it just wouldn't be right. I just don't understand these people.

The main problem I have with these people is that the above two statements completely contradict each other. The first says that they don't play pokemon because the games are too different whereas the second statement says that the games are all the same.

I don't have any problem with people who don't like pokemon for whatever reasons but just the fact that all these people claim that R/B are ten times better than FR/LG when the game is basically an exact duplicate with better graphics and added features.

What does everyone else think of these people?

Horyo
June 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
FR/LG can't replace the beautiful memories trainers had with R/B/y!

But it's alot prettier<3

People just don't like remakes ore sequels because it loses the original feel. I think the people feel that, by giving them better graphics, it ruins the original "look" and "gameplay" of pokemon. I personally disagree >_> but..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyways, I wouldn't mind a pokemon game with a little more...activity on the battle part (as much as strategy) xP

Guitar God in Training
June 26th, 2008, 09:54 AM
You have a good point, but the stupidest thing is that one of the main people I know with that opinion believes graphics are more important than gameplay.

Euphoric Magikarp
June 26th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I absolutely loved R/B/Y and G/S/C when I was growing up. Remakes are nice but to me they just don't give you the feel that the older games do. Like when I play the old games I can't stop playing for hours. FR/LG was nice but it's a remake and well i'd rather play the original.

Jorah
June 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
I thought that the music in FRLG was, well, "goofy" compared to RBY eg The trainer battle and gym battle themes don't sound as serious as they did. It just sounds really...happy. If you get what I mean. Other music is a great improvement to the Game Boy beeps, but I thought some of the battle music was ruined a bit.

GKS
June 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I'm actually quite the opposite of those people, I like the new generation than the old ones.
My favorites are: Crystal, Fr/Lg, Emerald, DPP

Sea Guardian
June 26th, 2008, 07:44 PM
I have to say that when I got Fr/Lg was a little disapointed. It just didn't have the same feeling that R/B/Y had. Yellow was actually the first videogame I ever played and was what got me interested in pokemon. Plus nothing could erase the precious memories we've had while playing the origional games like when my little sister watched me become the Champion and then said, "Wait, I thought you you were going to beat the Elite Four, You just beat five trainers!"
That still doesn't mean thats the only pokemon game I'd play, but I do see where they're coming from.

Gunn
June 26th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Uh, I don't know any of these people, but they don't seem to give their own opinions a lot of freedom if they claim that the first generation is the best without playing any of the others to know for sure. I was actually excited to here about LG/FR and I'll have to agree with you: these recent games haven't been all that different.