PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions

gee2k8
June 27th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Hey there guys, just recently signed up so greetings to you all...

I am about to have my first attempt at EV training but I have just two questions that i need help with:

Firstly i've been breeding Chansey's (10k steps each which is a real pain anyway) and the best two I have come out with are a Calm Natured one with Natural Cure and a Bold Natured one with Serene grace. Through using a few moveset guides on Seribii it indicated that Bold and Natural cure was probably the best way to go, and i can't actually be bothered with breeding any more Chansey's as its took me ages to get these two decent ones already, so basically can anyone point out which of the two i should focus on.
My second question is one about EV training, my query is this: say for example i get 5 HP evs from beating 5 caterpies and i level up, im assuming i will get +1 to hp, but my question is where will the other one EV go? will it be carried across to the next level?

Thanks in advance

Valarauca
June 27th, 2008, 08:16 AM
1) The best chansey is calm with natural care

2) Ev's are random distributed, you may get 4 ev's at lvl 5 and never see them until you reach lvl 90, so yes they do carry over

Guitar God in Training
June 27th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Psypokes really helped me when I first started EV training. It has pretty much all the information you could need.

Effort Value guide:
http://www.psypokes.com/lab/evguide.php

Where to EV train:
http://www.psypokes.com/dex/evtraining.php

gee2k8
June 27th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the replys guys they helped alot

Guitar God in Training
June 27th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Thanks for the replys guys they helped alot

Your welcome. :D

You should try getting enough BP at the battle tower for the power items. They make EV training a lot faster!

gee2k8
June 27th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks again, as of yet i have only used the battle tower once its something i guess i should explore more into.

Azonic
June 28th, 2008, 03:39 AM
First of all, nevar use Serebii for competetive advice. I suggest you use Smogon. For me, I actually would prefer Calm over Bold since I normally use Blissey for Specials and can predict when a physical attack is coming, and I just switch out.

And since you get 5 HP EVs this level, but only gain 3 the next level, it still adds up to 8 which means you would get 8 EVs and that equals 2 HP Points. So yes, they do get carried to the next level.