PDA

View Full Version : The First Pokémon you ever saw?

Avey
June 27th, 2008, 08:21 AM
I enjoy reading through old threads and remaking the good ones so I decided to remake this (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=120902) one.

What was the first Pokémon you ever saw? It could have been in one of the games, the anime, a poster or anything, I guess.

For me, I was around four years old or so, a decade ago, and I have always been an early riser, so I got up at seven in the morning one day. I went downstairs and switched on the television, expecting to see the latest installment in the Yu-Gi-Oh! anime, but it seemed that I was too early. Instead, there was an animated talking cat sounding as if he was filled with remorse as he talked about the city he grew up in. Yes, it was indeed the story where Meowth thinks about all his memories and ends up realising how much he loves Jessie and James. I watched the entire episode and found out it was the Pokémon anime, but I didn't really care as Yu-Gi-Oh! was starting. About a month later, all I cared about was Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh! was a thing of the past.

So what about you guys?

Euphoric Magikarp
June 27th, 2008, 08:26 AM
I first saw Squirtle and Pidgey in Red or Blue version, then instantly I wanted to play that game.

Sydian
June 27th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I'm not quite sure what the first I saw was, but I distinctly remember the ones I first knew, if that counts for something.

On Christmas Eve, my cousin got a buttload of Pokemon cards. He gave me four of them, saying "I already have these, so there ya go, kid." And The first one was Eevee, hence my uber love of Eevee + Eeveelutions. The second was Charmander, hence my love of the Fire-type starters, and Fire-type in general. The other two...Pikachu and either Caterpie or Squirtle.

But, basically, from what I remember, the first was Eevee. And yes, I still have that card. That thing is oooooold.

Interesting thread, once again, Oni.

vano-m
June 27th, 2008, 08:43 AM
in 1999 When before broadcastig 1st season, there was a trailer. I saw it on TV and I can say that first i ve seen were Pikachu and Caterpie!

paperfunk
June 27th, 2008, 08:46 AM
it was show and tell in like, 1st grade, and a kid showed a nidoking figurine, and i was immediately interested.

diamondpearl876
June 27th, 2008, 08:53 AM
The first Pokémon I ever saw was probably Pikachu, when I was given Yellow by a friend. :C Before that, I don't think I ever knew Pokémon even existed.

J-Rad
June 27th, 2008, 08:55 AM
Pikachu, I was flipping channels one day and stumbled upon the pokemon anime, I was like 7 and instantly wanted more. It's kinda ironic cause I hate pikachu...

iLike2EatPiez
June 27th, 2008, 08:58 AM
I think I remember I saw the Pikachu short from the first movie, and that got me interested. That would make it Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Togepi, I believe. In the games, the first Pokemon I saw was a Totodile somebody started off with on their copy of Silver version. I'm not particularly fond of any of those Pokemon, but I do love Togetic/Togekiss, Wartortle, and Raichu.

Disturbed
June 27th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Some kid brought a Machoke card to school... so yep...

(Original, I know)

KKN
June 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure the fist Pokemon I saw was Pikachu. I think I saw it at a store.

GKS
June 27th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I think it was a Pikachu shaped thing on a cake, this I think saw Pikachu when flipping though the channels before I like Pokemon. I had a shirt with Blastoise and Steelix on it when I was younger. Then I think I saw a yanma when I my cousins were watching it.

Jabunks
June 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I think I saw the anime, It was Pickachu, naturally...

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:30 PM
pikachu... first highlight & trademark of nintendo!!!!!^_^"!

Tsuin
June 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
The first one I ever saw was a card, and it was Geodude. I've always been fond of it and its evolutions since then, so the majority of my teams on my games have a Golem, since it's actually pretty useful in single-player.

Wish
June 27th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Pikachu was the first Pokemon I saw. It was on my 5th Birthday's Birthday Cake. :3 It was some random cake and I instantly fell in love with it. There was Charmander on it as well.

.emerald
June 27th, 2008, 07:52 PM
^ fell in love with what??? the cake? or pokemon?

sirboulevard
June 28th, 2008, 01:16 AM
This friend of mine gave me 12 of his pokemon cards when I didn't know what they were. The first one I saw was Doduo. That card is in my room still. I can't believe a little card started my 10 year obsession with this series. :-)

Lt. Silver
June 28th, 2008, 01:21 AM
well I think the anime came before the games over here in Australia, I could be wrong but I watched the anime before playing any games. Anyways, whatever pokemon first appereaed on the first episode

Vie
June 28th, 2008, 01:28 AM
i cant remember..o my god... so long ago...

lukeh
June 28th, 2008, 01:51 AM
One day, my dad, brother, and I all went out to buy our first gameboy colors. When we got in the store there were three games. Red, Blue, and Yellow version. I saw Blastoise and thought he looked cool. So I took that one.

ErickaVolt
June 28th, 2008, 01:57 AM
The first Pokemon I saw was Charmander and Rattata. I immediately captured Rattata, but when I saw Pidgey I freed Rattata because of it's ugliness.

BREAKINGBEN
June 28th, 2008, 06:37 AM
When I first got Pokemon Gold and a Game Boy Color for my 5th birthday, I started a new game and chose Cyndaquil as my starter because... it was so cute :D!!

I've been in love with Cyndaquil and it's evolutions ever since.

The Graceful Assassin
June 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM
i believe my first was pikachu, i can sorta remember seeing it on a commercial zapping ash. Pikachu also became my first pokemon on yellow

Just Darth
June 28th, 2008, 08:50 AM
erm.....ho-oh on the gold box, lol!

MetalMEB
June 28th, 2008, 12:00 PM
If I remember right, I think the first Pokemon I saw was a Nidoran Female, and a Kakuna, and Magnetmite. They were on Pokemon cards that my friend gave to me. I was 5 years old. I think I got this other card too but I don't remember it though. Oh well.

GS the Bounty Hunter
June 28th, 2008, 12:02 PM
I'm pretty sure it was Charizard or Aerodactyl. It was from the fossil episode where Charmeleon evolves.

Alakazam93
June 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
It was my brothers porygon. He was so cool looking.

THIRTY-SIX
June 28th, 2008, 01:28 PM
It was a Charizard on the cover of the red cartridge or a charmander on the actual game red. Can't remember if my cousin showed me game play or the cartridge first.

261Poochyena
June 28th, 2008, 01:32 PM
my first, they were a Zubat, Geodude, and Squirtle
I got them from a cousin in Californa, they were my first cards

FLYNNN
June 28th, 2008, 07:15 PM
A kid in my first grade class, must have been '99, brought a ton of the Japanese trading cards, kids were on their knees begging for a card, and they instantly gained street value, first card I saw was a Koffing, which was the card I recieved from the kid, that day after school I got my first pack, with a Shiny Pinsir card. :)

Anela
June 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Dewgong. I found a Dewgong card on the ground at pre school when I was little. That was the firt one I saw and my mom thought it was cute so she bought me a poster with the first 150 on it. One thing lead to another and now here I am, a 14-year-old Pokemon freak... ^^

The-master-trainer
June 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I saw blastoise while flipping through the channels.

Astinus
June 28th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Back before Pokemon came to the States, there was that whole Porygon controversy. I used to watch the news before leaving for school, and they would talk about the Pokemon anime and all the seizures. One day, there were clips shown of the fifth episode, and that was when I saw Pikachu and Onix.

So, they were my first, and were my favorites in the early days.

Apathetic_Yen
June 28th, 2008, 10:07 PM
first one I saw was stupidchu, only he was actually cool back then. his battles didn't consist of nothing but thunderbolt, volt tackle, and the OU iron tail

popsicles.
June 29th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Obviously, Pikachu.
It was on a commercial :3

.emerald
June 29th, 2008, 03:14 AM
mostly pikachu.... its the very first!!!!(obviously...)

Gavin
June 29th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Wow this topic brings back awesome childhood memories. To answer the question, It was either a Gastly (trading card) or a Pikachu (on a poster)? Anyhow it caught my attention, several years later I'm here. XD

blu3mark3r
June 29th, 2008, 08:59 AM
my first was a pikachu and an eevee. pikachu cuz my cuz had a stuffed pikachu and eevee because i got it in second grade from my teacher for being good or wait... was it awnsering a math queistion? well idk

st.jimmy
June 29th, 2008, 09:08 AM
my first two were kakuna and magnemite all because of that crappy switch card my freind give me.....i was 5 i think..

dark_Uxie
June 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
I think i went round to my friends and he showed me the old charizard card which was the best in the old pokemon card games and i immediately got into pokemon XD.

superaipom
June 29th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ahhh, those were the days. I think I invited my friend over when I was maybe five-ish. We were flipping through the TV channels and we saw a cartoon. So we just started watching it. Once I heard the theme song I knew it was pokemon. So I guess the first pokemon I ever saw was mewtwo at the beginning of the theme song. We both fell in love with it and I've been playing and watching ever since.

BeachBoy
June 29th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, um... I honestly can't remember that. I'm afraid my memory isn't clear enough trying to remember so far back. Well, had to be something in the first generation, that's for sure. Possibly Blastoise from the Pokémon Blue cover? Gosh, I don't know, so far back, probably saw a Pokémon before that though. ;/ Wish I knew Oni, wish I knew.

MrCarter504
June 30th, 2008, 09:51 AM
the first pokemon i ever saw was charizard when i was a little kid my friend got the game and i thought it was stupid but i snuck his game boy color out and the first thing i did was see an charizard on his red version .... i played it and made him lose against the elite 4 lol

Skip Shot
June 30th, 2008, 10:14 AM
When I was like 4 years old I was at my friends house. We were watching this pokemon episode on tape, idr what it was. Anyways, I had just come out of the kitchen, and on TV there was this awesome horse with a flame on it- Ponyta. That was the first pokemon I ever saw, and its still one of my favorites.

ceremony
June 30th, 2008, 10:29 AM
i saw a charmander card in 4th grade. japanese. i thought it looked badass

BeachBoy
June 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Oh wait, I remember! It was Porygon. One day when I was in whatever little grade, I picked up a Pokémon Card, and it found it to be Porygon. Though I had no clue what it was at the time. Oh wow, that's a great memory, can't believe I forgot that for some time. So yeah, Porygon was my first Pocket Monster sighting. ;)

solopy567
June 30th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I believe it was either a Farfetche'd or Koffing...And I don't like either of them

Michii
June 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
I had seen pokemon a lot when I was young, as my brother had Red and I watched him play it. I never really remembered much, though. It may have been Nidoran or something like that, maybe even Scyther. But it's all foggy.

Until one morning at about 6:30 AM. I had to go to school early because of my mother's job, so I was always up really early. Anyway, I was bored one morning and decided to flip through the tv channels. As fate had it, pokemon was on channel eleven 6:30 sharp. Intrigued, I kept it on.

Turns out the episode was To Master the Onix-pected. First pokemon seen? Onix. Others? Pikachu, Sandslash, Meowth, Squirtle. Yup yup.

FoxyDawn555
June 30th, 2008, 01:11 PM
The first pokemon, i watched was Pikatchu, i still love this electronic pokemon.sooooooooooooo sweet.

whoamifooling
June 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I remember the first time I saw pokemon, me and my friends were sitting around at my house and I wanted to watch Winnie the Pooh, but they wanted to watch this show and I'm like ew no. But we ended up watching it... The first pokemon I saw was Psyduck, and it's been my favourite since.

Gummy
June 30th, 2008, 06:48 PM
The first Pokemon I ever saw was Charmander, on this (http://www.collectplaza.de/pictures/2/bin.1.13.png) Pokemon card. I fell in love with the little lizard immediately and the rest, as they say, is history.

Glaceon_
June 30th, 2008, 07:04 PM
First Pokemon I ever saw was Abra. It was in the first ever Pokemon card sets to come out, and someone gave it to me, since it had been sweeping the school, for a while. Later, I somewhat got into the Anime, but lost track of it, when I started playing the games.

Unfortunately, my first wasn't Eevee... :( ...but Eevee was the first Pokemon I'd started obsessing over, and in the first Jungle pack of the cards I bought, the one on top was actually an Eevee. XD I remember that, because I also got Flareon, in the very same pack, as well. :)

Zorloc
June 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Mew two i was about 10 months old i remember going to a movie and seeing both mew and mewtwo

DannyPhantom
June 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
woah! you must have a good memory... i think the first pokemon i saw was pikachu i think on a TV ad...

Chikara
June 30th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Nidoran.

It was the veeeeery first one you saw on the game :/

FinalEclipse
July 1st, 2008, 01:25 AM
i saw my first pokemon when i watched cartoon network and mewtwo strikes backs was on. my first pokemon i ever saw was mew!

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 1st, 2008, 04:11 AM
The very first Pokemon I saw was Eevee, in my brother's old Pokemon coloring book. I must have only been 3 or 4 at the time.

t3hjolteon
July 2nd, 2008, 07:22 PM
Period: Bulbasaur
In a Game: Charmander
In the Wild: Pidgey

I actually started with Squirtle in my first game, but I found the Charmander pokeball first. All of this was on Pokemon Red.

Ryden
July 2nd, 2008, 07:24 PM
first ones i saw ere Cubone and Pikachu, from way back when in the anime. when Ash was still going through the Kanto reign and only had two or three badges

Saltare.
July 3rd, 2008, 03:51 AM
for me, Squirtle from the 1st episode, where Ash is dreaming about which pokemon he will choose.

Red1530
July 3rd, 2008, 05:42 AM
The first Pokémon I ever saw was a Growlithe card.

Led Zeppelin Pwn
July 3rd, 2008, 05:50 AM
On the game, Bulbasaur (starter)
On the Anime, probably Bulbasaur (from first ep)
I kinda forgot the order the starters were from the first ep,
so Im not completely sure

Random Passerby
July 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Voltorb. I've given up the TCG since, but that was the first Pokemon related thing i'd seen.

Henrik
July 3rd, 2008, 05:55 AM
If I remember correctly it was Chameleon on a trading card.

Kip
July 3rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
First one? That is a tough one...

Umm... I think it was from the original games - I got a Gameboy Colour and Pokémon Red came with it. The GBC was all the rage back then 'cos of the games. It was the first time I had been so engrosed in a game that I didn't stop playing it for hours.

I can't really remember whether I got the game first or I saw the animé first. I think it must be the game - 'cos I was really excited when the animé series was first shown in the UK (first ever episode broadcast on SMTV live's launch with Ant and Dec).

So, I'm guessing it must be Charizard on the box cover. :)

Netto Azure
July 3rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
It would be Blastoise 'cuz my Mom sent me a Blue from the US and thats the first time I encountered Pokemon.

ScyKinG
July 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
1st Pokemon I ever saw, Pikachu! and the second was Bulbasaur :) I saw Pikachu on a commercial for Pokemon, and Bulbasaur on the 1st show I watched.

Rosefrost
July 3rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
The first one I've seen? Er, I'm not really sure. The first one I knew was Charizard, which I guess is why It's still my favorite Pokemon to this very day.

Ageless Irony
July 3rd, 2008, 07:37 PM
I remember...

A long time ago, in a land far away called 1996...One evening I was sitting at home doing something in which I can not remember.

Then my aunt came over, and she had presents, so I was all hyper and yayyay and the what-not and the who-ha.

So it turned out she bought me and my brother each a gameboy game...My brother took Red ,and I took Blue.
I was like "Dude sweet" and took it and looked at the box.
Which deducts that Blastoise was the first Pokemon I ever saw.

But we only had one gameboy, so I had to watch my brother play for a few hours, first.

Yay. Blastoise!

JKLAZ
July 3rd, 2008, 07:41 PM
Having older brothers and sisters playing it, and all my neighbors playing got me into it... earlly... earrrlly early in my life, so i dont remember what the first one was. My first game was yellow, so it might have been the poke that oak shows in the begining lol

TurtleKing
July 3rd, 2008, 07:43 PM
The first Pokemon I ever saw was a Pidgeot and from that day on I fell in love with it. It was my first lvl. 100 Pokemon and one of my greatest Pokemon ever. If I could trade it over from my Red to my Diamond, man I would kick arse.

Lycoris
July 3rd, 2008, 09:36 PM
Caterpie...I was at the babysitters after school when I was 5. Majority of the other kids were guys so I would watch power rangers, monster rancher (god i miss that show), and etc with them and it showed this up and coming show from Japan, and it showed a caterpie first, idk why...I think it was from when Ash was going to Viridian city (omg when I type that out I'm singing that song in my head) (-I left my home, to search for more horizons....)

El Softo
July 3rd, 2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not quite sure, but if I had to guess, it'd have to be either Blastoise or Charizard since they were on the game boxes (or Pikachu since he's the mascot).

Eternal Nightmare
July 3rd, 2008, 11:05 PM
Well I guess I will put mine in categories
Game Wise: Charmander
Anime wise: The regular starters or was it Pikachu
Real world wise: Pikachu
I guess thats it, but really it was a long time ago so I really am not sure.

eleven
July 3rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
That would have to Pikachu when I watched the first episode of pokemon back in 1997

Sexycheese
July 3rd, 2008, 11:39 PM
The first pokemon I saw was when I was bought red and blue the day they camo out and when I started blue I picked the first pokeball I pressed A near and I got squirtle so squirtle was my first ^.^ (such a terrible pokemon LMAO!)

Bellomence
July 4th, 2008, 02:29 AM
The first Pokemon I saw was Pikachu. Everybody knows why..... Pikachu is the official mascot of Pokemon, what else?

1stGenNut
July 4th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Earliest memory? People dressed up as Pikachu, and some of the starters on this news article to do with Pokemons release. Yes, they would be technically the first Pokemon Id ever remember seeing XD

Neosplash
July 4th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Charizard. He was on the cover of pokemon red, so I saw him before I even knew what pokemon were.

Max_Damage39
July 5th, 2008, 06:22 AM
Considering the anime came out before the game here in Australia and I'd only found out about it the day before it came out I had no time to research it and the start of the episode has the montage of Pokémon, the first Pokémon I ever saw was Mewtwo.

PsyMaster
July 5th, 2008, 10:53 PM
First pokemon i ever saw was blastoise, it was an eraser xD

Scorcher
July 6th, 2008, 02:44 AM
Blastoise and Charizard, both on the box of the Pokemon Stadium and N64 pack

ice_nine
July 11th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hmmm...I never bought the games, but I remember first seeing the Maiden's Peak episode at a friend's house, so I guess Gastly is the first one that stands out to me.

Marshmallow
July 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I saw pidgey on T.V. or something. That pidey changed my life. Lol

jirachistar
July 11th, 2008, 01:32 PM
I was walking around a PX when I was about 4 years old when I saw a Jigglypuff plush. I instantly wanted it so my dad got it for me. An older kid told me that it was a Pokemon so I decided to watch the show. I got hooked on the game and trading cards too. I still have the doll to remind me of my obsession with Pokemon.

Sweet Candace
July 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Pikachu, from the very first Pokemon episode, of course

R a i n n s a n雨
July 11th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I think it was Rattata. 'Cuz I first got Fire Red.

King Syn
July 11th, 2008, 01:38 PM
The first pokemon I saw was Grimmjow Jeagerjaques.....I mean Suicune

Lynnx
July 11th, 2008, 01:56 PM
I am obsessing over this subforum...

The first pokemon I ever saw was either Pikachu or Charizard; Pikachu from the anime and Charizard from the front of my Red box. I think it was Pikachu though...

Ambellina
July 11th, 2008, 02:02 PM
The 1st pokemon I saw ever was Meowth. My Gran bought me a shirt with meowth on it ^^;;

Anthony06
July 20th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Metapod, i was like either 4 or 5 when i saw an episode with metapod, it was when it evolved into BF

R a i n n s a n雨
July 20th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Pikachu. Totally. I. Love. PIKACHU!!! CHUUUUU!

Charizard EX
July 20th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Pikachu, It was everywhere, on geometry boxes, poster, cards packs and a lot other things. Pikachu's very common in Pakistan. At 1st, I thought Pikachu's name was Pokemon. I hated him.

Whenever Pokemon were on, I would always say: it's stupid, It's idiotic and much more, then I went to my cousins house. Pokemonth was on and there was nothing else to watch and I was Bored, so I watched them. pokemon johto was on and it was that episode in which togepi and marill i think are in a tank. I saw charizard & thought it was cool, so I started watching it. I kinda like it. sooooo.... that's the story!

P.S Pokemonth was when Only POKEMON would be on the channel for a month. ONLY Pokemon!

Guillermo
July 20th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I think i remember going to BIG W with my family because it was my sisters birthday and she got an MP3 player and i saw the Pokemon blue game so mine was Blastoise. Either that or Gengar from the very first episode where Gengar was Vsing Onix and Ash was like " IM GONNA BE A POKEMON MASTER "

Raizel
July 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM
the first one I ever saw was Dragonite. I remember cause I wasnt really big on Pokemon but was flipping throught the channels and one was ending and noticed the huge pokemon that was going towards the lighthouse. Yeeahhh then I got interested haha

manomow
July 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM
the firt pokemon i ever saw was pikachu because 5 years ago I was sick and my grandma was flipping through the channels and I saw pikachu and I said I wanted to watch it. But I got hooked 3 years ago when my grandma got herself a gameboy COLOR at a garage sale with pokemon gold. She gave it to me an hour later saying she was too old for it lol! any ways the first game pokemon i saw was shelder in the opening and in game cydaquil (my favorite other than Ho-oh)

Yamikarasu
July 21st, 2008, 01:31 PM
Well I know it was when the first episode of Pokemon aired on TV... so it was probably Mew/Mewtwo since they are in the opening theme.

Mateo
July 21st, 2008, 02:05 PM
I honestly cannot remember what the first one I saw was, it was over a decade ago when it first came out. I was in the 4th grade and remember one of my friends bringing the players guide for Red version to class. At this point I didn't own one of the games, or get cable to watch the show at the time but I remember we used to always play Pokemon at recess. Then I got Red version and the rest is History. I'm now a sophomore in college and still addicted to Pokémon with no signs of letting up. I actually think Charizard was the first one I saw, since it was the red version players guide I saw first.

Demeter
July 21st, 2008, 05:11 PM
I noticed some girl playing this intresting game so she lent me her GBC for 10 minutes. I think she had Gold because I recall her having a Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium. I remember fighting either a Cubone or a Kangaskhan, most likely the latter.

Kerotan
July 21st, 2008, 05:36 PM
Team Rocket's Meowth.
That's why he is one of my prominent favorites today. ^_^

Stevo-kun
July 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
The first Pokemon I saw would have been Pikachu when I watched the very first ep of Pokemon on the first day it aired in the UK, I was around 11 I think.

L is Real 2041
July 21st, 2008, 06:46 PM
I think it was Eevee, Zubat, Pikachu, or Charizard.

Sir Matt
July 22nd, 2008, 03:23 AM
When I was about 4 or 5, my friend gave me a Rhyhorn card. I later saw Mudkip in Pokemon Ruby and instantly wanted to play the game.

.Vaporeon
July 22nd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Hmm....
That would have to be Ponyta.

EliteFourMaster
July 22nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
The first recognizable Pokemon I saw was either pikachu or pidgey. That was during the advertisements for the first pokemon episode ever to air in the united states.

Alakazam17
July 22nd, 2008, 11:08 AM
I can't really call a specific first time, but I do remember thinking that "Pokemon" & "Pikachu" were synonymous. In other words, I thought Pikachu was named "Pokemon," and that he was the only one of his kind. I later found out I was mistaken. XD

Amplified Ampharos
July 22nd, 2008, 11:12 AM
Mine was Persian oddly enough I have no clue I saw it I do not like Pikachu

Netto Azure
July 22nd, 2008, 11:16 AM
Blastoise, From the box of Pokemon Blue. That was the very first Video Game I got. I didn't even know what it was back then Pokemon wasn't well known in the Phillies. Than all of a sudden PokeMania hit (After losing my Blue....:()

PkEpiph
July 25th, 2008, 10:03 AM
The majority of us agree that the first pokemon we saw was a Pikachu.

Roy G. Biv
July 25th, 2008, 10:21 AM
The first Pokemon I actually saw was Dugtrio ^_^;

My cousin was playing her original Red version, she was in Diglett Cave. She decided to let me play, I walked around in the cave for a while and was engaged in a battle. The Pokemon happened to be Dugtrio! Shortly after that I gave the game back to my cousin because I didn't know what to do or how to play :D

Giblie
July 25th, 2008, 10:23 AM
The first one I probably saw was either Pikachu or Bulbasaur when my brother started to play Yellow.

Cassino
July 25th, 2008, 01:21 PM
I don't remember, myself. The earliest I do remember was Charizard on Red's box art.

invisible-chan
July 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Pikachu on the Pokemon Yellow into. X3