PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever stopped your Pokemon from evolving in the video games?

PokemonGamer119
June 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
The only Pokemon I've stopped from evolving is Chikorita but that was when I was playing Pokemon Silver. I always stopped Chikorita from evolving into Bayleef because I wanted Chikorita to become strong without evolving and Chikorita is my favorite Pokemon I don't care for Bayleef or Bayleef's evolved form.

Euphoric Magikarp
June 27th, 2008, 06:43 PM
All the time, if I like it as it is I don't evolve it. Heck sometimes I keep my Caterpie a Caterpie because I hate Metapod and Butterfree.

Shiori-Hikaru
June 27th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Really, the only pokemon I won't let evolve is my Haunter..
Even though you hav to trade for it to evolve, still, I wouldn't ever let it.
I just don't like Gengar anywhere near as much..

.Eevee-Chan
June 27th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Yup,my Lotad,but by accident.
Also for my pokemon to learn moves quicker.

Smarties-chan
June 27th, 2008, 10:57 PM
This seems more suitable for Pokémon General since this is about all Pokémon games and not just the Advance Generation ones.

-Moved-

Jacob.McCool
June 28th, 2008, 01:12 AM
I always let my Pokemon evolve and if i don't i use an everstone
like I've gave my metang one because i don't like the look of metagross

Anti
June 28th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Only Shroomish in Emerald so I could get my sexy Spore/Sub/HP Ghost/Focus Punch Breloom, still my proudest breeding achievement :)

ErickaVolt
June 28th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Yep. It was Piplup because I followed the Pokemon movie. But even though Prinplup or it's evolution is kinda... ugly [no offense Prinplup fans xD].

Vie
June 28th, 2008, 02:23 AM
I stopped lots of them, because they learn new attacks earlier. and some evolved pokemon are so damn ugly....

Avey
June 28th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Nah, I've never stopped an evolution of any of my Pokémon. It was always my goal to get them to the last of their evolutionary line.

Blaziken11
June 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I know how to stop pokemon evolving if your game system is a Nintendo Gameboy. Just press B.

Alli
June 28th, 2008, 06:53 AM
I know how to stop pokemon evolving if your game system is a Nintendo Gameboy. Just press B.

:|

Anyway...I only stop my level 66 Dragonair from evolving, just because I really like Dragonair. It's pretty. :3

iLike2EatPiez
June 28th, 2008, 07:15 AM

Yes, and who doesn't know that?

I stop Pokemon from evolving all the time. Once with two Shroomishes on a Ruby file, I evolved one early and kept the other unevolved so I'd eventually have a Mindpuncher and a Sporepuncher (I love both... Breloom rules either way). Quilava in Crystal. My Rhydon's been enevolved for a while, but that's because I can't trade it. I may not evolve it intentionally, though, since Rhyperior is kind of ugly... Does a Dragonair, and Eevee, and a Quilava on PMD count?

Oh, and one time I kept a Torchic unevolved for a whole playthrough of Sapphire. I finally evolved it when it was somewhere around level 70 two levels in a row, after I'd transferred it to Colosseum. Now it's rotting away in my Diamond PC... >.<

Alakazam93
June 28th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I remember I always did that with my charmander.

Rye29
June 28th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Why yes, I have stopped my Torchic from evolving on my Ruby. I liked Torchic back then, so I didn't want it to evolve. Later on, I got it up to Lv. 100, but I lost my Ruby and it's lost forever.

FalseDestiny
June 28th, 2008, 09:19 AM
Only a Mudkip. But you can obviously understand why XD

MetalMEB
June 28th, 2008, 02:39 PM
I'll mostly do that for the sake of making them learn moves that their evos can't learn. But then of course, I'll evolve them after they learn that move. I only once stopped a Pokemon from evolving because I liked it the way it was -- Squirtle. But I DID evolve it eventually.

Marksman
June 28th, 2008, 02:42 PM
The only Pokemon I've stopped from evolving is Chikorita but that was when I was playing Pokemon Silver. I always stopped Chikorita from evolving into Bayleef because I wanted Chikorita to become strong without evolving and Chikorita is my favorite Pokemon I don't care for Bayleef or Bayleef's evolved form.

A Chikorita Lover! Why have we not met before? Unfortunately, I cannot answer your Question because my Brother Controls the 2nd Generation. Unless that's Sufficient enough to be a no.

:t152:

June 28th, 2008, 02:43 PM
In Gold, I always kept Gastly from evolving. It was my childhood favorite.

True Justice
June 28th, 2008, 02:47 PM
The only pokemon I can ever remember from evolving is Drifloon to get it to learn Ominous Wind at an earlier level so I could egg move it into a Castform.

magikarp HAX
June 28th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Don't they tell you that, you know, in the game?
next thing you'll tell us is how to switch on a DS.

Marksman
June 28th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Really? Thank god! I've being trying for Ages (Heh, just messing with your Head!)

PokemonGamer119
June 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
A Chikorita Lover! Why have we not met before?

Well I just assumed that I was the only Chikorita lover out there that's why we haven't met before...It's kind of silly but I've liked Chikorita since I saw the anime back in fall 2000 and sometimes I dreamed about encountering a Chikorita in real life.

KKN
June 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
There have been a few, but the most recent was a Charmander on my Diamond Version. I have raised it to lv.30 and still have not let it evolve.

Gavin
June 28th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Nah, I've never stopped an evolution of any of my Pokémon. It was always my goal to get them to the last of their evolutionary line.

Exactly, evolution is a natural process for your Pokémon, so I embrace it. However, I do understand to not evolve it for breeding purposes etc.

I remember I always did that with my charmander.

I'm sorry, but why? I mean, one word. Charizard.

GKS
June 28th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Why would you do that?
Evolved pokemon are designed to be stronger.

The only exceptions are: Vigoroth and Scyther.
Vigoroth because the evolved for has that trait.
Scyther because it has the same stat sum.

TheCelena
June 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I stopped my Mudkip from evolving. He's level 64 and is still a Mudkip. xD I just keep him for novelty purposes. Also, my Eevee, if that counts. He tried to evolve at level five, so I stopped him. I evolved him in to an Umbreon at around level 32 or so.

raging lion
June 29th, 2008, 07:01 AM
I stopped my Totodile from evolving. It reached level 100 and i still have it. There was a problem so i gave it an everstone.

t3hjolteon
June 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Very rarely have I prevented a pokemon from evolving, but I have done it before so a pokemon would learn a certain move early. One time I trained a Magikarp to L30, just so I could see for myself if it really does learn Flail. To this day I have never used an Everstone.

popsicles.
June 30th, 2008, 10:01 AM
In Pearl, I waited untill the Elite Four to let my Piplup evolve.
The reason is simple, I found it just such a cute little critter and then I evolves into .. that.

But now I've been breading and I have a whole box filled :3