PDA

View Full Version : Which Region is the best?

Rye29
June 30th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I figure I give this a try, so what region do you guys and gals think is the best? Could it be Sinnoh? Or Kanto? Share your thoughts! I have yet to decide, but I'll come up w/ something.

Glaceon_
June 30th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I suppose mine would have to be a toss between Johto and Sinnoh. Johto has a good variety of places for you to go, such as Goldenrod and Olivine, and also holds a lot of history within its towns and cities. You'd also be able to visit the Kanto region, seeing as it is a neighbouring Region to Johto. It also has a decent amount of ocean, where Hoenn overdid it with the water. I'm a fan of water and with it, Water type Pokemon, but...

Anyway, as for Sinnoh, I'd say it has to be because of Snowpoint, mostly. As you can tell, I don't just like Water types, but also Ice types; they pretty much go together pretty well, if you ask me. On top of that; though it may lack short distance travel to other Regions, (thus far; it is unknown if Sinnoh is connected to anything, at its North) it does have a wide variety of places to go, such as Floaroma Town, Veilstone City and Canalave City, with its oceanic travel.

There's also the island, to the Northeast. It'd be an interesting adventure, travelling along the rough road of that little island.

As I said, its pretty much even, with Sinnoh and Johto, while Kanto is just behind, and Hoenn... well... lagging, we'll say.

for me, Orre is too boring; I'd rather be in a place where wild Pokemon roamed free, and I've actually never experienced Fiore. (guessing its from the Ranger game, and that's one I haven't played)

vano-m
July 1st, 2008, 03:28 AM
all of em are cool. i voted for Kanto, cause it wuz first. nostalgie. every region is uniqe and cool

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 1st, 2008, 04:07 AM
Don't ask why, but I like Hoenn. I don't really like the Pokemon, but I do like the region itself.

Furanty
July 1st, 2008, 04:43 AM
My favorite region is Hoenn. I like the towns and cities, the Pokémon, the main characters May and Brendan and the other characters.

Euphoric Magikarp
July 1st, 2008, 09:29 AM
I prefer Kanto myself :3.

Sweet Speed
July 1st, 2008, 09:48 AM
Go Sinnoh, I love it partly because it's the newest forum and partly because I love the new difference it gives (snow etc...)

balthamos
July 1st, 2008, 10:26 AM
I love Johto, that is most probably my favourite. I just loved the whole area.

Glitter Stain
July 1st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Hoenn has too much ocean. It is ridiculous. Also, most of the cities are a huge pain to get to, and you have to lug around a HM Slave 80% of the time.

Sinnoh has too many pointless cities. It takes many hours to get to the third gym because of how it is set up. Everything is too out of the way. It's nice to have things spread out, but to go from Fantina to Byron to Candice is too much. Post E4 is nice, but I wish they had done more than they did.

Kanto is nice. A good amount of ocean. I like how everything is set up, but I do not like how there are 4 gyms all squished into one moderately small area.

Johto is the best. The perfect amount of ocean. (Hardly any). Plus, the connection with Kanto makes it even better.

.emerald
July 1st, 2008, 08:07 PM
Hoenn has too much ocean. It is ridiculous. Also, most of the cities are a huge pain to get to, and you have to lug around a HM Slave 80% of the time.

Sinnoh has too many pointless cities. It takes many hours to get to the third gym because of how it is set up. Everything is too out of the way. It's nice to have things spread out, but to go from Fantina to Byron to Candice is too much. Post E4 is nice, but I wish they had done more than they did.

Kanto is nice. A good amount of ocean. I like how everything is set up, but I do not like how there are 4 gyms all squished into one moderately small area.

Johto is the best. The perfect amount of ocean. (Hardly any). Plus, the connection with Kanto makes it even better.

iis okay with a lot of ocean & the cities of hoenn are easy too get too, incuding sinnoh.....since the world is made up of more water than land, its nice in hoenn with lots of ocean cause it depicts the legendary pokemon. it is also good for storing secrets...

im not disagreeing with your idea!, don't get me wrong!!, i just wanted too point out the many beauties of hoenn & sinnoh....

maybee you just didn't have a great start with hoenn & sinnoh, thats why you dislike them.
try to have time to appreciate these regions, ok??(me not flaming you...)

Apathetic_Yen
July 1st, 2008, 09:19 PM
well according to this poll Johto is teh best

July 2nd, 2008, 01:04 AM
Johto easily. It's got better Pokemon, more interesting cities, more interesting Gym leaders, and it was where the best game of the Pokemon series took place.

Ryden
July 2nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
with out a doubt, my vote goes to Johto. it had a prefect balance in terrain, with plenty of neat places to explore. Gym leaders who gave challenge at times. and well just so much more to it...ah the good old days (continues to hope for a remake)

ErickaVolt
July 2nd, 2008, 03:15 AM
Both Hoenn and Johto [Though I voted Hoenn]. Because in Hoenn, there's more mysteries to know and Johto for it's good and wide places. Their geographic posture is good.

DragonFir3
July 2nd, 2008, 04:18 AM
For me, it's Hoenn, because it's mythology, secrets, beautiful places, huge sea with underwater caverns, etc. Along with Hoenn, Johto is also very "nostalgic".

.emerald
July 2nd, 2008, 04:26 AM
^^ i do agree! thats what i meant!!!!

n3
July 2nd, 2008, 05:12 AM
im one who beleives in the "nothing beats the original thing so kanto will allways be the best in my book but i still love johto.

mewditto
July 2nd, 2008, 05:16 AM
None of the above
I like merto region

Saltare.
July 2nd, 2008, 08:13 AM
hard, Sinnoh is my fave very mysterious but I like Johto too. The pokemon there are awsome

mewditto
July 2nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
No really merto is real its the 5th generation of pokemon

Solyss
July 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Kanto.... cause that's the only one I can remember at the moment... since I'm playig Leafgreen. xD

Avey
July 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
It's a tie between Johto and Kanto for me. Hoenn and Sinnoh didn't manage to cut it for me and I never got a chance to really explore Orre or Fiore, so I can't really say anything about them. Those two regions do seem to be a tad unloved by the people that have posted in this thread though, I have to admit. Johto, I'd say I like more because it has hardly any water to surf over (which is a definite plus in my book, I hate surfing, it's so slow), the cities are arranged in a cool manner and you can't really get lost anywhere. Unless you're looking for Lugia, even I managed to get lost in the Whirl Islands (but that was before I had a walkthrough, obviously). As for Kanto, it's okay, but when I was five or six (which is when I got Red, Blue and Yellow) I didn't manage to understand anything at all, so my cousin was always helping me when I got lost, which was a very frequent occurence.

Also, mewditto, you're not trolling hard enough.

MUSION
July 3rd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Hoenn is my choice, most of my favourite Pokemon were introduced there and the region itself is nice.
well according to this poll Johto is teh best
Johto always wins on these 'best/favourite region' topics, so it is the most popular region.

Vie
July 3rd, 2008, 02:00 AM
I like all of them...but my favorites would be johto and sinnoh. home, sweet home :)

.emerald
July 3rd, 2008, 03:31 AM
^i do agree, all the regions are special in their own way, but i am requiered too vote...........

Jak
July 3rd, 2008, 06:16 AM
No really merto is real its the 5th generation of pokemon

Sure.

Anyway, I voted for Jhoto because there's so much awesomeness in there. Goldenrod City, Olivine City, going to Kanto for the heck of it, the awesome rival<33, the awesome starters...the list goes on and on, and I'm sure you don't want to hear it all. ;D

*Firestar*
July 3rd, 2008, 01:30 PM
I think Orre and Johto. Orre because it has so many interesting places to go and Johto because the Pokemon are awesome, it has a history to it, and it has many interesting places to go to. Also in Orre you get to play as a cool character and steal Pokemon.

Gewitterdrache27
July 4th, 2008, 07:00 AM
I like hoenn, it looks very nice and I think it would be cool to be a trainer there.

Skaterzpenguin
July 4th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Jhoto is the best region out there and no other region is gonna stop it. ^_^

RaikaCastillo
July 4th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My rankings of the regions

1. Johto: It's just awesome all around. Plus it's got a link to Kanto
2. Kanto: Since it's the original, it's, by default, second only to Johto
3. Hoenn/Sinnoh: These tied. I often think of Sinnoh as a cold version of Hoenn. Anyway they're awesome but I hate the extremely tall grass you have to dismount your bike to get in. And yeah, I could just carry an HM slave around but I don't always want to.
4: Fiore: It's pretty cool but there isn't much free exploration.
5. Orre: I find Orre kind of boring that there are virtually no wild Pokemon and the fact that there's no free exploration. That's just my opinion though.

PB
July 4th, 2008, 07:45 AM
I like Sinnoh best because its like a real place with the changing weather and the time of day feature.

Henrik
July 4th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I like Johto the best and I think Gold and Silver are the best games.

Johto>Kanto>Sinnoh>Hoenn

GKS
July 4th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I like the good old Kanto region best, then Johto.

Platinum Lucario
July 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Well I do like Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh but I think that Hoenn and Sinnoh are the best but I voted Sinnoh anyway. Then again I do like Hoenn the best. :)
The reason why I voted Sinnoh is because it's a big region and it's got a lot of areas, even a snowy area which is pretty cool.

Neosplash
July 4th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Even though my favorite Pokemon is from Kanto, I'd have to say that I think that Hoenn is the best.

Kip
July 5th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Gaaahhh... I can't vote 'cos there's no multiple choice!! :D I love Johto as much as Kanto - maybe because I always thought them to be one region (which they are and not I suppose). I never liken Hoen much 'cos it was too big.

Max_Damage39
July 5th, 2008, 06:31 AM
I believe Johto is the best region because not only does it have my favourite Pokémon in it (Heracross) but you can also go back to Kanto anyway. I have no idea why they didn't continue that in the 3rd and 4th gen games.

ChikoritaBayleef
July 6th, 2008, 10:52 AM
Those last 2 choices....what are they? I've never heard of those regions.....

Anyways my favorite is Jhoto. The best region ever and the best game and TV series EVER!

Pookachu
July 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I <3'd Johto, I <3 the sea. :) Places like Meteor Falls and having the ability to go underwater is always a plus. :)

RaikaCastillo
July 6th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I <3'd Johto, I <3 the sea. :) Places like Meteor Falls and having the ability to go underwater is always a plus. :)

I believe you're thinking of Hoenn as that's where Meteor Falls is located. Johto is the region where Gold/Silver/Crystal is set. You couldn't go underwater in those games.

@ ChikoritaBayleef: Orre is where Colosseum is set and Fiore is the region Pokemon Ranger takes place.

t3hjolteon
July 7th, 2008, 08:25 AM
I think Hoenn looked the sharpest, had the most features, and was extremely well-done. Johto was good because the games introduced a lot of new technical elements, but I don't think it was the best region.

iRawr-x
July 7th, 2008, 11:40 PM
Well, I think I would say.. Sinnoh region, I think its very nice.. If it was real I would be relaxed.. Well mostly because of the pokemon aswell.. But I would imagine that Sinnoh could be a pretty populaur town in real life ;D

Bellomence
July 8th, 2008, 08:31 AM
The best region for me would be Johto, because the gym leaders there are very tough. They were convincing me to train more. And because it's a beautiful region, with lots of legends. And it's because I miss Johto and Chikorita! By the way, my favorite Pokemon is Bellossom, and Bellossom is a Johto Pokemon...

pokemon12
July 8th, 2008, 09:14 AM
kanto is best for me!! kanto has better episode I think

Syndrome
July 8th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Johto was cool,but Hoenn was better to me.

Lynnx
July 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
EVIL LINCOLNISM IS THE BEST RELIGION EVER

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
EVIL LINCOLN STRIKES AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

O_o

My favorite region is Johto, mainly because I love the GSC games. I also like Hoenn, too, because I don't mind surfing that much. Kanto is third, and I can't say much about Sinnoh, Orre and Fiore because I've never played those games.

Peanutz
July 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Gah, this poll isn't multiple choice! O_o

I really like all the regions. Except for Fiore, Orre, and Hoenn.
Fiore and Orre were just plain boring, and in Hoenn you needed an HM slave for almost the whole freakin' game. It drove me up a wall. Also, I didn't think Hoenn was very fun to explore. Almost half of it was ocean, maybe more.

Johto would be better if it was in a different version. I wish it wasn't as nauseating...
It's still awesome, though. ^_^

But if I HAVE to pick a favorite, I guess it's Sinnoh. I thought it was the most fun to explore, not to mention a lot of the Pokemon were complete pwnage!

It's sad that Hoenn isn't appealing to me, because that's where I caught my Rayquaza. :3

Sweet Candace
July 8th, 2008, 03:48 PM
It's got to be Sinnoh. The graphics are good and the loads of Pokemon makes it addicting as well. Not to mention Pal Park. Sinnoh wins it, IMO

Troye
July 8th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Johto>Kanto>Orre>Sinnoh>Fiore>Hoenn

Johto owns, Hands down
Kanto too, but Johto has a slight advantage
Colleseum/XD Were awesome
Sinnoh is fun, plus it's the most recent
Ranger was just alright
I HATE HOENN

kirby144
July 8th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well I love Johto because of the Pokemon and the memories of that place.

.emerald
July 9th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Johto>Kanto>Orre>Sinnoh>Fiore>Hoenn

Johto owns, Hands down
Kanto too, but Johto has a slight advantage
Colleseum/XD Were awesome
Sinnoh is fun, plus it's the most recent
Ranger was just alright
I HATE HOENN

why the sudden harshness??
hoenn isn't that bad, with BF, & links to other islands (including pokemon moves), natural tunes its a region too befold....................

Cassino
July 9th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Joto. I do like those mountainous places with a lot of trees...

kirby144
July 9th, 2008, 08:42 AM
That is another thing I like about Johto because it has such a natural feel to it.

InMooseWeTrust
July 9th, 2008, 01:40 PM
I just had to pick Johto because it's a peaceful place and it has all kinds of things to do. It's no nonsense; just dreamy.

MM_Zero
July 15th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Gotta love johto, it has just the right amount of everything.

Johnnyboi
July 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Johto is my favourite, my favourite Pokémon, my favourite map, my favourite legendaries, my favourite feel. It's all great! Kanto comes next, and then Hoenn. Sinnoh fails IMO, the cities are boring, the Pokémon are boring, it doesn't have the sweet feeling.

Darkaoz
July 16th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Johto is my favorite...It has most of my favorite pokemon inhabiting it and the games (G/S/C) were the best in my opinion ^^....Well..Maybe D and P are better.....But still ^^'.....

chevelleROCKER
July 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM
I really liked Johto... the pokemon were the most creative then... *sigh* i had a LOT of good times with that region.

Gold warehouse
July 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Kanto, then Hoen, then Johto; Johto and Hoen are very close but Hoen has to come first as I havn't played a game in the Johto region >< I like alot of the Johto Pokemon though. Kanto comes first without a doubt as it has all my favourite pokemon in, the first region and I know the layout like the back of my hand :P

Yamikarasu
July 17th, 2008, 10:13 AM
I liked Sinnoh a lot, mainly because nearly every Pokemon was available. Johto is next, then Kanto/Hoenn tie for third. Orre and Fiore were not that great.

Audi
September 10th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I think the Sinnoh is cool....more graphics, aweosme new pokemon and because I like the contests!

wolf
September 10th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Sinnoh is cool because you can catch all pokemon in the wild exept starters from other regions, legendaries from other regions, tropius, and tangela.

Unknown Entity
September 10th, 2008, 01:39 PM
Johto is teh <33 xD Love the Johto Pokemon :D

Dukey
September 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM
johto FTW
its awesome cause people still play & enjoy when it came out like 10 years ago

Blue Angel
September 10th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Oh well, everyone's posting...

I'd say Johto then Orre
Orre because of the graphics, and Johto because it was my first region.

Yoshimi
September 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Johto, it seems much more natural to me.
Kanto was only bad looking because it was nintendo's first try at a game like this.
The cool-o-meter for me is this.
Johto-->Sinnoh-->Orre-->Kanto-->Fiore
johto was all natural and mountainous.
Sinnoh was really big and spacy, which made the routes more fun.
Orre was just awesome, the cities and underground was amazing.
Kanto, eh, it was nintendo's first try, so i don't blame them.
Fiore, i just hated it.It was really big, but i don't see the need to make four parts of a city, but make the beginning place hardly littleroot size.

Mr. Epic
September 10th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I love 2nd Gen games, I love Johto, I liked the areas I guess and the GBC colouring!

.Eevee-Chan
September 10th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Hoenn.The episodes there were just awsome!8D
The starters aren't bad either.=3

Sora_8920
September 10th, 2008, 03:59 PM
For some reason I thought this was gonna be like a Canada, US, thingy or whatever. Lol. US nobz XD; anyway...

Johto. Best region ever. Imo.

SamuraiMaster
September 10th, 2008, 04:06 PM
KAAAAANNNNNNNNTOOOOOOOOO ROOOOOOOCKSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

Haza
September 10th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Whats Flore?

Anyway, I think its Sinnoh now, just look at platinum.

Charizard EX
September 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I really hate Sinnoh! I would go for Kanto or Johto.

Yoshimi
September 10th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Whats Flore?

Anyway, I think its Sinnoh now, just look at platinum.

fiore is the region that pokemon ranger resides in.
its really boring though, the first city is tiny and then the next city is huge, you can hardly follow the story since the area is so big.It says go to the south of fall city, but the south area is so big/confusing, its like new york.
and there are only four cities instead of your average eight.

Mōnštȝr¿
September 10th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I know the poll is closed but yay! Johto Won it's the bast.

Lee Jin Tyz
September 10th, 2008, 05:46 PM
johto is the best because i think that region has the best pokemon. also that regions land geography or whatever is nice.

Gumball Watterson
September 10th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Right now, my favorite region is Sinnoh, I don't know why but the newer regions are just way better than the old ones.