PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Gym Leader. o.0

Shion
August 6th, 2004, 07:38 PM
You have got to hand the Most Unexpected Strategy Award to Tate and Liza,
they crushed me 58 times before I could defeat them. o.0

I shall list the Gym Leaders on Hardness Smilies.

:dead: = Too hard for me to stand
:confused: = Oh my, more than I expected!
:) = Neuter
:rambo: = Pretty easy for me.
:laugh: = So easy, I died laughing!

Now, here is the hardness of the gym leaders I battled:

Roxanne: :dead:
Brawly: :laugh:
Wattson: :)
Flannery: :rambo:
Norman: :)
Winona: :confused:
Tate and Liza: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Wallace: :rambo:

That is how hard they were for me.

Ice demon
August 6th, 2004, 07:53 PM
lol norman used to give me problems - i hate training fighting types [other than Blaziken and Breelom]
until i found out about protect ^_^

Pounce
August 6th, 2004, 08:22 PM
well it depends on what starting Pokemon you chose... o.o or if you decide to train another Pokemon instead, it depends on that~ liza and tate are super easy if you chose treecko or mudkip or know another move strong against solrock and lunatune o_o I thought they were the easiest!

wallace was kind of hard though...

Toothache
August 6th, 2004, 08:32 PM
I had the most trouble against the twins. That Solrock surprised me completely when I sent a water type out, and he charged up a Solarbeam... one round later and my Azumarill was down :-(. It didn't help the Lunatone used Cosmic Power so I couldn't take him down easy, and my Blaziken was useless against them. Yeah, if I'd had a Sceptile it would have been a little easier (apart from the Solrock's Flamethrower, of course, but Sceptile is usually faster anyway). Once one was down, the other was easy (I picked on the Solrock first to get rid of it's elemental attacks).

But yeah, they caused me the most trouble. The rest weren't so bad (although the One Hit KO room in Norman's Gym did give me a surprise).

Frostweaver
August 8th, 2004, 02:42 PM
2 words always defeat a gym leader regardless of strategy or anything else:

HIGH LEVELs

It's what makes Sceptile survive Overheat from Flannery's Slugma and all those other stuff. Tate and Liza went down in one round... the 2 floating stones are slow so how hard can it be to just OHKO them before they even start moving?

Marco
August 8th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Flannery. Don't ask me why though...

Drak Hamayashi
August 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM
I thought Wattson was a pain, then I looked at Flannery... SHE ALMOST WIPED OUT MY LEVEL 29 CROBAT THEN!!! X_X

Stupid Overheat and Paralysis... Good thing my Crobat was a female. XD

The Kraig
August 8th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Norman.

I also hate the fact that gym leaders (and especially the E4) abuse hyper potions, full restores, etc. That's probably the most annoying thing.

Pounce
August 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Norman.

I also hate the fact that gym leaders (and especially the E4) abuse hyper potions, full restores, etc. That's probably the most annoying thing.

yeah, I hate it too.. but when you think about it, you do the same thing all the time, so it's kind of fair that they're programmed to do it too... even though it is the most annoying thing about those battles T_T

Frostweaver
August 8th, 2004, 08:24 PM
just knock them out before they can use items. They don't have revive ;p

they're programmed that they only use the potion whenever their Pokemon has only 1/3 or 1/4 of their life, similar to the time when a berry will be activated... that may help you to plan your move... the idea is still just to knock them out as soon as possible, before they even have a chance to use items.

Pounce
August 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
well yah, I normally try to do that just to end the battle as fast as possible, but it's in those cases where your attacks do little damage that it takes forever to get their HP down and then they go and use a Potion. x_x;; it's not like I try to take long in battles on purpose~ :p

Frostweaver
August 8th, 2004, 08:41 PM
if that happens, then it's probably a natural sign telling you that "it's time to train!" Don't have to EV train, just train normally. You should be scoring 2 hit knock outs (2HKO) on every computer opponent, with the exception to the first time fighting the elite 4 with Steven because your strong moves are all out of PP.

Dizzy
August 8th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Norman was evil, but I beat him the second time around (Thanks to picking the most attractive Pokmon...not EV) ^_^>.

Pounce
August 8th, 2004, 08:46 PM
o.o; I train a lot already~ type weaknesses are mainly what set me back the most though, because even strong moves from high-leveled Pokemon can't do much against something that's strong against those attacks. o.O I know how to play Pokemon!

I battle every single trainer. you can't train much more than that. o_o; dude..

Frostweaver
August 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
battle wild Pokemon? They do come in infinite amount O.o;

With the exception to Skarmory due to /4 resistance and metagross because well he's just too high on offensive power, all of Steven's Pokemon died in 2 leaf blades/HP Ice ;p (had to use leech seed as well for Skarmory and metagross). Normally 15 lvls above the opponent do the trick to the point that types don't really exist unless it's complete immunity. Your opponents have 0 EVs (not sure about elite 4) so their stats are pretty much rock bottom. Your stats will be higher even if you're on the same level, and your stats will be supreme if your levels are just that much higher.

Dizzy
August 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM
When I went to Norman, I had Swampert, Machoke, Swellow and Mightyena. Machoke went up first, Swampert handled the rest. The Moral of this Story is that Well-Trained Pokmon that You like, and not because of power and more because of appearance, Will always prevail... how is it that a Ninetales takes on a Gyarados and wins (Because It always works for me ^_^) ...(Well..I cheated, I used the Secret Vitamins and Hold Items to obtain Victory...)

As a quote from Jessie of Team Rocket "All's fair in love and war...and Pokmon Battles"

Frostweaver
August 8th, 2004, 09:01 PM
that's because Gyarados within the game can't dragon dance up to use earhtquake ;p

salamenceruler04
August 8th, 2004, 09:03 PM
I thoguht Tate and Liza were the hardest....I finally beat them after about 10 times fighting them....And Norman was another really hard one for me...maybe harder than tate
and liza

Dizzy
August 8th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I killed Tate and Liza with Swampert+Mightyena(Ninetales replaced my felled Mightyena)

Beauty > All ^_^... If you wanna be a winner you must deliver powerful attacks.

zsun_44
August 8th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Norman took me a while to beat so i go for him

DayDreamer
August 9th, 2004, 01:00 AM
The first gym leader Roxanne was hard for me... especially since I chose Torchic for my first pokemon. It being the first gym leader means you have less experience and attack choices so I had trouble. The Tate and Liza battle was kinda easy for me :cheeky: . I beat them in one go using less than 10 turns and only two pokemon :) .

Dizzy
August 9th, 2004, 01:38 AM
Here is my review on all the pathetic gyms of Hoenn ^_^

Roxanne is an easy one, it just takes extra time with Torchic (evolve it to Combusken...not that hard.)

Brawly is a loser, you don't even need a Flying or Pyschic Pokmon to take him out.

Wattson is a little toughy. Well...no I lied ^_^, Unless you have Marshtomp or Combusken, you can obliterate his team. (Magnemites Fall with Combusken's Dual-Advantage)

Flannery is so pretty I didn't even wanna beat her..oops. Simple, even with Grovyle (well...just don't use it in battle...find a diseased Sandshrew or other Pokmon and train it to capacity!)

Norman is a little *****... Even with a fighting type, he can still be hard -__-;. You'll find a strategy eventually like me ^_^...really now..

Winona..Oh man how pathetic.. you might not want to use an Electric type when you go to battle her though. Use a Water-Type with an Ice-type attack, simple as pie ^_^.

Tate and Liza..Dynamic *****es :0 I mean, Swampert/Blaziken with Mightyena/Other Darktype and follow that up with either: Ninetales/Raichu/Altaria It really gets the job done, no fuss no muss.

Wallace is so sad he shouldnt even have a harem and or fan-club -_- the only thing hard about this gym is the little puzzle at the end. Other than that, use A GRASS TYPE and back it up with: Electric and Ice types...you will really love yourself if you do that, if you don't win by your third try...may god help you.

Coming soon, Commentary on the Elite Four of Hoenn!

August 9th, 2004, 04:13 AM
Here is may hardness of gym leaders:

Roxanne: :laugh:
Brawly: :)
Wattson: :laugh:
Norman: :dead:
Winona: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Tate and Liza: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
Wallace: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Star6
August 11th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Tate and Liza becuase I just didn't have any Pokemon that could withsatnd there Solrock and Lunatone's power. And the used so many potion when I finally did beat it it was just by luck becuase my pokemon had like 10 or 5 hp left.

Barry
August 11th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Ok, I always thought Gym leaders were easy...

Wattson: :laugh:
Flannery: :laugh:
Norman: :laugh:
Winona: :laugh:
Tate and Liza: :laugh:
Wallace: :laugh:

Maybe if you trained more instead of rushing through the game, you wouldn't have so much trouble. Or if you never ran from battle. Or if you caught more Pokmon and trained them all instead of just your starter.

Just basics.... come on, it's not hard.

Tzuri17
August 11th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Brawly: :rambo:
Wattson: :rambo:
Norman: :laugh:
Winona: :rambo:
Tate and Liza: :)
Wallace: :laugh:

Mew9
August 12th, 2004, 09:27 AM
GOD @#$% WALLACE TO #$%@ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated him, with his *blepin* ice beam, which always OHKO'd Oddish. That was in my first file, when i sucked. Noiw he's easy, until my current file. I'm trying to go through then game with only Sandslash (i hacked 2 level 0 Mews who i only use for HM's). I'm at Wattson, but i no i'm going to HATE Wallace when i get to him.

ryan
August 12th, 2004, 09:34 AM
the only one to knock down any of my pokemon were the twins. i hate double battles a lot. they don't make sense to me. i played blue version too much to ever understand them.

Stevo-kun
August 12th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Yeah they were quite easy for me too but the one that gave me the most trouble was probably Norman and that Slaking's defense

Roxanne :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Brawly :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wattson :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Flannery :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Norman :laugh::laugh:
Winona :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Tate & Liza :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Wallace :laugh::laugh::laugh:

and a great pokemon to us would be a Sharpedo around lv.40 then it is a walk in the park :)

Pokemon_Veteran

TinTower
August 13th, 2004, 05:46 AM
2 words always defeat a gym leader regardless of strategy or anything else:

HIGH LEVELs

It's what makes Sceptile survive Overheat from Flannery's Slugma and all those other stuff. Tate and Liza went down in one round... the 2 floating stones are slow so how hard can it be to just OHKO them before they even start moving?

Yes, but what about the people who raise low levels for things like Battle Tower?

TinTower
August 13th, 2004, 05:57 AM
And now for my difficulty rankings...

Roxanne: :rambo:
Brawly :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Wattson: :( (A little bit tough)
Flannery: :)
Norman: :)
Winona: :D
Tate and Liza: :dead:
Wallace: :rambo: even for my lv 35 Gardevoir

coco
August 13th, 2004, 06:01 AM
i had the most trouble with the twins. im actually trying to beat them now!

The Kraig
August 14th, 2004, 05:48 PM
yeah, I hate it too.. but when you think about it, you do the same thing all the time, so it's kind of fair that they're programmed to do it too... even though it is the most annoying thing about those battles T_T
I don't actually. Although I spent all my money of Full Restores and Revives to beat the E4. I came close twice, the first time Steven's last pokemon beat me with maybe 12HP.

My excuse is that I was evening the levels. I don't really like the use of items, but it was my only choice.

VanirElf
August 16th, 2004, 06:41 AM
wow, people really thing Tate & Liza are hard??
I always beat them in 1 shot each...maybe it's 'cuz I raise Lots of Water
Pokemon when I start games...

for me Norman (dad) is the hardest to beat
Slaking's are annoyingly powerful,...ah...I I just don't do fighting pokemon...
it's the only type I don't really ejoy raising...oh and bug Pokemon

doomsday_shadow
August 18th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Brawly: :laugh: :laugh:
Wattson :laugh: (with combusken/marshtomp) :dead: :dead: :dead: (with grovyle)
Norman: :rambo:
winona: :laugh:
Tate&Liza: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: please...
Wallace::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: please...

Frostweaver
August 18th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Yes, but what about the people who raise low levels for things like Battle Tower?
Battle Tower should be using EV trained Pokemon, which is stuff that you do after you unlock access to everything with the first round of the "ingame squad" that can't beat anything semi-competitive, and is only enough to beat wimpy ingame trainers because not only is their moveset terrible beyond recognition but also poor EVs along with naturally low levels.

lol I used Grovyle and leaf blade brute force still gives me an easy time with Magneton. You can definitely finish off Magneton before Sonicboom kills you in 5 hits with at most 4 leaf blades.

shining_light
August 18th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Roxanne and Wallace obliviated my pokemon. I started out with Torchic, and, well, i didn't train it up to Combusken ^^;;;. I gave in and tought my Shroomish Bullet Seed...Wallace Killed me more then anything, I have Ruby, and my only 50+ were...you guessed it: Blaziken (lvl. 60) and Groudon (lvl.55). They slaughtered me, took me about 5 tries to defeat him, I finally got a Raichu with T-Bolt, and Bye-bye Wallace XD. I only use EV's for Battle Tower and stuff, not the Gym Leaders =/. So Sue me...
Difficulty Levels:
Roxanne: :dead: :dead:
Wattson: :)
Flannery: :laugh:
Norman: :rambo:
Winona: :confused:
Tate & Liza: :)
Wallace: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: x10 XD

IceKitten
August 18th, 2004, 06:41 AM
LOL Winona is pretty hot to beat =p

*hard to beat XD

adam513
August 18th, 2004, 10:04 AM
the hardest for me was Winona,cause i didnt have ice or dragon moves to stop her altaria , and i started out with a treecko