PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon- A question...

Solyss
July 2nd, 2008, 05:35 PM
I have a question about shiny Pokemon. I know that they are extremely rare and valuable versions of they're normal forms, but where do you find them?
I am playing Pokemon Leaf Green at the moment, and I have never seen a Shiny Pokemon in that game, or any Pokemon game I have played. Is there something specific I am supposed to do to make them appear?

[I'm sorry if there is already a topic like this, but my computer wasn't loading the search engine to try to look for it. ;-;]

Ryden
July 2nd, 2008, 05:37 PM
nah you simply find them randomly with a massive amount of luck. they can be anywhere, the odds of seeing one are very low though

41victory
July 2nd, 2008, 05:39 PM
its at random in a 1/8000something chance wherever you can find pokemon.
So theres nothing you can do to make them appear, But in DP there is a item called Pokeradar that chains the pokemon and that help get shinys faster, you can read about that elsewhere because im not typing it. (not to be rude just cuzs its long and im lazt) :)

Solyss
July 2nd, 2008, 06:00 PM
I see. I had no idea that were that rare. It's no wonder I've never seen one.

Thank you for you're help. :]

AdvanceMapper
July 3rd, 2008, 10:11 PM
The chances are 1/8192.

Sadly, there's no way to modify that (unless you cheat like me).

If you had DP, you could just chain, but we're talking Leaf Green.

skeddles
July 3rd, 2008, 10:24 PM
You can see them right away, my friend said that one time the poochyena at the begginning of ruby was shiny.

Ninja Caterpie
July 3rd, 2008, 11:38 PM
Any Pokemon can be shiny, even your starters. You just have to be pretty darn lucky.

Vie
July 4th, 2008, 12:12 AM
if you reset, you maybe get a shiny starter. I tried it about 5000 times, but I did not get one...bad luck...

gee2k8
July 4th, 2008, 09:36 AM
i heard that on fire red and leaf green that you need to clock up 60 hours first...is this correct?

Azonic
July 4th, 2008, 05:10 PM
No. o____________o;

Where did you get that information? Each wild Pokemon you encounter has a 1/8193 chance of being shiny. This doesn't mean that by 4193 encounters you will have found a shiny Pokemon. It's chosen by each battle, not the overall battle amount. That's basically it... I believe any further information you get is false.

The information is quite obviously false for the very reason that your starters can be shiny.

AdvanceMapper
July 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
No. o____________o;

Where did you get that information? Each wild Pokemon you encounter has a 1/4193 chance of being shiny. This doesn't mean that by 4193 encounters you will have found a shiny Pokemon. It's chosen by each battle, not the overall battle amount. That's basically it... I believe any further information you get is false.

The information is quite obviously false for the very reason that your starters can be shiny.

*cough* 1/8192 chance of finding a shiny *cough*

Ult.Strike.
July 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Actually, encountering a shiny Pokemon can also depend on your location.
After leaving alternating cave, from the Hoenn series, the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon like Magikarp is slightly boosted to 5/8193.

This is just a rumor...

.hack
July 6th, 2008, 12:47 PM
1/8192 !!!

I Must Be Very Lucky Except From Wifi The Other Where Just In Wild

Sweet Candace
July 6th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Yes it's 1/8192. But, you're super lucky to get a shiny starter! Don't worry. You'll find one like I did. Stumbling around looking for something important when a shiny Pokemon appears. Just keep at the game, you might come across one

chaos11011
July 8th, 2008, 02:11 AM
You have to be lucky once when I was 7 I found a shiny paras and restarted because I thought it was a glich to this very day a regret it

ollieon
August 2nd, 2008, 02:06 PM
not that a shiny paras would have been any good...
i got my eevee from celadon as a shiny, god i had some luck :)
it seems more worthwilee when you get a shiny of a decent pokemon.
dont worry, youll find another shiny, and it will be better than a crappy paras

El Gofre
August 3rd, 2008, 03:10 AM
Actually, encountering a shiny Pokemon can also depend on your location.
After leaving alternating cave, from the Hoenn series, the chance of finding a Shiny Pokemon like Magikarp is slightly boosted to 5/8193.

This is just a rumor...

Thats not true in the slightest.

EvilMuffinKate
August 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I once caught a shiny Tentacool. Nothing much to brag about, it's not really much special even though it's shiny. I hope that on some games later i see a shiny Latios. <3 :]

Wuchuhurd
August 9th, 2008, 10:39 AM
if there was other benefits other than a poke being shiny, it would be worthwhile trying to catch one. of course you can cheat as someone else said, which is what I do as well :P

Inferno2991
August 11th, 2008, 07:52 PM
hmm shinies hey i was luck enough to get a shiny treeko in emerald but would love a shiny charmander just cause a balck charizard would look awesome.

but yeah 1/8192 chance gotta be really lucky

Haza
August 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM
1/8192 of finding one in the wild, or in eggs. If you want a shiny legendary soft reset after saving in front of it but you cant do that for traveling shinys so they are especially rare.

~*Champion Shirona*~
August 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Here is a story:

Listen to this...I had finally made up my mind to catch a Shiny Rayquaza no matter what happened in my Emerald Version. Everyday when I had free time I would begin to soft reset my game (lets say about 500 times a day). After like 3 weeks a Shiny Rayquaza popped up. By now, I WAS SO USED TO SOFT RESETTING. Right when it appeared I pressed (start, select, A,B) and soft resetted without knowing what I just did. By NOW I WAS ABOUT TO THROW MY FREAKING D.S out the window...I couldn't stop staring at the D.S. Just out of my rage i restarted the game and I clicked on the Rayquaza again. AND WHAT YOU KNOW. Shiny Rayquaza AGAIN. O______O.

All Luck.....

:16:

Ryuzaki_Lawliet
August 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
1/8192. So.. sometimes ya get 'em, sometimes ya don't.. hey, can you soft reset on Firered??

AdvanceMapper
August 12th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Sure. It's the same thing with FR\LG.

Xemphos
August 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
In my Sapphire game i found a shiny spheal in that cave(Dont worry i cought it xD) and i kept it with me at all times when i first found it i was with my cousin and i was like 0__o ASHLEY WHATS THIS!?!? but yep i have some luck too

Haza
August 12th, 2008, 09:24 PM
In my Sapphire game i found a shiny spheal in that cave(Dont worry i cought it xD) and i kept it with me at all times when i first found it i was with my cousin and i was like 0__o ASHLEY WHATS THIS!?!? but yep i have some luck too

I did that too with my shiny raticate because I thought it was special.

nssfleahedgehog
August 13th, 2008, 03:11 PM
My first shiny (besides the Red Gyarados of the Lake of Rage) was a shiny Exeggcute in Crystal, and it was pretty nasty looking (an ugly gray or something). I did catch it, of course. Since then, I have NEVER encountered another shiny in ANY other game.

dracolord775
August 14th, 2008, 01:51 AM
The only random event shiny I've ever seen was a rattata, which really fumed me.

Haza
August 14th, 2008, 01:53 AM
The only random event shiny I've ever seen was a rattata, which really fumed me.

Hey, that was my first shiny, I had a hamster at the tim so I named it after him. RIP Rocky.

Greyson
August 14th, 2008, 08:25 AM
You can find shinies anywhere throughout the game no matter when you start. once I found my first shiny before I even delivered oaks parcel. It was a shiny pidgey and i couldnt catch it because I had no pokeballs. needless to say I flipped out =P