PDA

View Full Version : Pidgeot in Ruby?

Vanadium
July 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Hello. After several years of not playing Pokemon, I found my old Sapphire and SP. I started playing, and eventually made it my goal to catch every Pokemon in the game. Since some, of course, are only available in Ruby, I got my friend to give me an old Ruby that had lying around.

When I looked at the Pokemon he had, I saw that he had a Pidgeot. I traded it to myself, thinking nothing of it... until I realized that, to complete my Pokedex, I would have to get a Pidgy and Pidgeotto. I looked in my guide for them, but they weren't there. I began to get a little suspicious, mainly because I didn't remember ever seeing a Pidgy or Pidgeotto. So I looked in the Pidgeot's summary. It had no number, nothing to identify it in my Pokedex. I did a search, searching PQR names... Pidgeot didn't come up.

How the crap did my friend get a Pidgeot?

iLike2EatPiez
July 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
He traded from FireRed or LeafGreen. That simple.

Alli
July 3rd, 2008, 08:42 AM
Your friend traded Pidgeot from FireRed, LeafGreen, or Pokemon XD.

Simple as that.

Vanadium
July 3rd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Ahhh, thanks. I also heard somewhere that you can get an International Dex by trading with an older version of Pokemon... is that true?

Shwicked
July 3rd, 2008, 09:06 AM
You need to trade from FireRed and LeafGreen to unlock the national dex in Ruby and Sapphire.

Ninja Caterpie
July 4th, 2008, 01:08 AM
That's weird....
If it doesn't have a PokeDex No., you can't trade it over...right?

sirboulevard
July 4th, 2008, 01:15 AM
No, it doesnt have a number in the HOENN REGIONAL DEX. Trading it over from FR/LG or Colloseum or XD will automatically unlock the National Pokedex which goes from Bulbasaur to Deoxys.*

*This doesn't apply to Emerald where you get the National Dex after the Elite 4.

Ninja Caterpie
July 4th, 2008, 03:32 AM
Ah ok...
I was wondering...because I only have Emerald...

(Sorry for the offtopic post...)