PDA

View Full Version : Arcade

Thomas
August 7th, 2004, 06:48 AM
I have looked on other vB forums and they have arcades there. I was wondering if PC would ever get an arcade for the forums?

Shana
August 7th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Arcade? Like you could play games on the forum? Cool!

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Arcade? Like you could play games on the forum? Cool!

Yeah, like that! I saw it in some Vb Foruns Too!
But I think Foruns are to talk and Discuss, not for play Games unless they're RPs or "The one Above"...

Shana
August 7th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Oh, cool, it would be different, but would the games be based on Pokemon?

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Nope, the games are those very old ones... Meh...

Flaming Torchic
August 7th, 2004, 07:10 AM
Not all of them are very old, just some of them.

And I think that this would be a cool edition to the forum, as long as it doesn't slow it down.

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 07:14 AM
I agree with ya, Nick... If the forum slow down, we will be "hurt" =p
The ones in the forum I saw were all Old o.O;;

Shana
August 7th, 2004, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't want the forum to be slower, that would be annoying. x.x

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Doesn't PC lag enough yet?

oni flygon
August 7th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Yesh...
We've just been hacked and spammed/flooded and currently struggling to repair some stuff you guys complain about... O_o

Oh well... XD

fudge01
August 7th, 2004, 06:44 PM
I have an arcade on m forum and you can make your on games if you are experianced enough with flash

AZSupraT
August 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Ive actually installed an arcade on VR's old forums, It was really nice. If the other admins agree on it I would gladly put one up.

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
But... Will the arcade make PC Slower, AZSupraT?

AZSupraT
August 7th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Nope. Ive never seen it make a forum slower(atleast not on any of my old ones, PBGN, or GI)

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Okay! So thats Great!
Im ready to play the Old and Good Tetris XD

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Then go find it on another forum. >_>

I think it'll just make PC even laggier than before...

Imakuni?
August 7th, 2004, 08:33 PM
u have dialup dont u JK? i say we do this

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 08:47 PM
No, I have DSL.

I just think with the graphics then it would be laggy on the server.

Not to mention mods *snicker* would have to deal with "OMG! I JUST MADE 110 ON TETRIS! OMGWTFONEONE11one!11!!!!!" threads.

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 09:12 PM
I have Arcade on my forum... My forum will be the next best thing... I think... no I hope. Anyways, Arcade is what it is called, not An Arcade, I don't know why, but the creator of it gets really mad when you call it An Arcade, I don't know why. Anyways my site will have the Arcade, and I do have alot of experience with it, so it will have a bunch of games. It's not only old games, but what ever games you make. My forum will have an online RPG, in Arcade.

Lokhlan
August 9th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Ive actually installed an arcade on VR's old forums, It was really nice. If the other admins agree on it I would gladly put one up.
Yeah, I remember that. The arcade section was awsome! Thinking back, your old forums had quite a few neat add-ons installed. I wish PC had an arcade section. :(

Thomas
October 27th, 2004, 05:46 PM
I made this a while back, but I never got an answer back on it. This was during the time PC was really slow, but now that we have gotten past that...Does anyone think that this could be a possiblilty in the near future for PokeCommunity?

Lokhlan
October 27th, 2004, 05:52 PM
I'd hope so. Having an Arcade at PC would be really nice. I've seen them 1st hand on various other boards & I found them very fun. The top scores for each game are shown for all the members to see.

Anna-chan
October 27th, 2004, 05:53 PM
*shrugs* Arcades aren't that fun.. other than having bragging rights... XD! But I guess it would be cool...

Rukario
October 27th, 2004, 05:56 PM
we may or may not get one.. to see one in action (and help gain users) check out the arcade at http://innerchambers.com it's lots of fun.. and can give you an idea of what kind of games it has.

Thomas
October 27th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Yep I am am member there Steve. I have like 7 of the high scores.

Rukario
October 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM
yeah i saw... wonder if anyone can beat my mahjong score o.O

AdamHays
October 27th, 2004, 07:18 PM
An arcade would be super cool XP,It's cool having the highest score,and the bragging right that come with it.

An arcade wouldn't hurt,or could it XD?

Magic Mike
October 27th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Personally, I think an Arcade would be cool. And i noticed that JK was (i think) the only one who really disagreed with it. Well JK left so....?

Thomas
October 27th, 2004, 08:04 PM
JKaizer did not leave, he changed his name to JKPichu. He thought it would slow the Community down, but on everyother forum at has them it does not slow them down.

Magic Mike
October 27th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Check out his sig. He's gone.

Spectrum
October 28th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Not all of them are very old, just some of them.

And I think that this would be a cool edition to the forum, as long as it doesn't slow it down.
*sigh* But we already have those 100mbit-ers complaining because the it's 'not fast enough.' XD

Never really been a big fan of arcade-style games. If PC does end up getting an arcade, I might try it out, but that's all I'll say for now. ^_^;

Toothache
October 28th, 2004, 08:37 AM
I think people are too demanding, and they can't be bothered to wait a few seconds longer for a page to load. Get real people, if something is worth your time, you can afford to wait a few more seconds, right? *insert more flames here about impatient people*

Anyway, as for arcades, I'm all for it. I've been on other vB boards with arcades on, and they always generated fun and challenge. It'll be a nice change of pace, and something to do while you're waiting for a reply from a post.

Mr Cat Dog
October 28th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Yay! It's finally been suggested! Bejewled shall be MINE! o.o
That's if we decide to get it... obviously. But... yeah... I'm all for the arcade. It'll be something to do when you're bored and can't be bothered to do homework/work in general, and it'd probably do other things that would be beneficial, but I can't think of them at the moment XD

Kairi
October 28th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Let’s keep discussion in the new poll Steve made. ^_^