PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever let a shiny get away?

KKN
July 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Shiny Pokemon are extrememly rare, and trainers in the Wi-Fi forums will trade a lot for one. However, some trainers are most unfortunate to encounter a shiny Graveler that uses Explosion and faints (this happened to me just a few minutes ago). Tell me, have you ever let a shiny Pokemon get away?

MM_Zero
July 4th, 2008, 08:15 PM
In crystal, I was forced to knock out a shiny Shellder, because the one ultra ball I had failed =(.

sirboulevard
July 4th, 2008, 09:46 PM
In FireRed a found a Shiny Nidorina, but I forced to knock it out because I hadn't bought PokeBalls for a while and was focusing on just training. Ever since, I keep at least 10 Pokeballs of various variety on hand for the rare Shiny encounter.

KKN
July 4th, 2008, 10:56 PM
In FireRed a found a Shiny Nidorina, but I forced to knock it out because I hadn't bought PokeBalls for a while and was focusing on just training. Ever since, I keep at least 10 Pokeballs of various variety on hand for the rare Shiny encounter.

I encountered a shiny Nidoran male on FR, in the Safari Zone. I caught it. However, I let someone borrow my game and I naver got it back, so, in a sense, I let a shiny get away.

Anyway, I try to keep at least 40 PokeBalls with me. I'm to afraid to weaken them (unless I have some lower lv. Pokemon in my party), so I keep throwing balls.

o.necromancer.o
July 5th, 2008, 12:28 AM
I found a shiny marill in Pearl in the safari zone and it fled.

Kip
July 5th, 2008, 04:17 AM
I came across a shiny Tauros once in the Safari Zone. Tried to catch it, but a Tauros always flees on the first turn. :(

Jubilation
July 5th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Not me, an old friend, she ran from a Shiny Tailow. >.<.

Stratomaster
July 5th, 2008, 04:23 AM
i used to never know wat a shiny pokemon was when i used to play ruby so i went into some cave in the game (cant remember which one:(..) and i got jumped by i shiny crabby i had seen some stars float around it but still i didnt think it was valuble and i just fled from it...

Avey
July 5th, 2008, 05:57 AM
When I restarted Pokémon Firered about a year ago, I was in Rock Tunnel when I encountered a shiny Zubat. It was green, which was sort of ugly, but I wanted to catch it really badly, so I put it to sleep with my Butterfree and lowered its health down before searching my bag for a Poké Ball, which is when I found out that I had used the last Poké Ball in my possession on a Paris. I killed the Zubat and didn't play Firered for about two months after that unfortunate episode.

Max_Damage39
July 5th, 2008, 06:12 AM
In Silver I didn't realise the wild Tangela I was facing was shiny until I had already selected "RUN" :(

Saltare.
July 5th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I let a shiny Ralts get away just now on Diamond. Forced to run.All lvl.100's in my party

Yuoaman
July 5th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I overkilled a Ralts on Ruby... It was horrible...

41victory
July 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Oh man I hate that.
I remember Running into a shiny spearow on LG and since I had no Pokeballs... ( /smacks self on head)
My Venisaur fainted it. :(

Saltare.
July 5th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I overkilled a Ralts on Ruby... It was horrible...

It sucks doesn't it? I wonder if you can breed a shiny gallade with a regular gardevoir and get a shiny ralts......

Glaceon_
July 5th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I encountered a shiny Nidoran male on FR, in the Safari Zone. I caught it. However, I let someone borrow my game and I naver got it back, so, in a sense, I let a shiny get away.

Anyway, I try to keep at least 40 PokeBalls with me. I'm to afraid to weaken them (unless I have some lower lv. Pokemon in my party), so I keep throwing balls.

Whereas I always have 100+ Dusk and Ultra Balls on hand, as well as my Gallade, which knows False Swipe. I really should take a Pokemon with Damp as its ability, so I can prevent explosions... though I haven't encountered a Pokemon that can explode, and is shiny. But to date, I've not encountered a shiny Pokemon that I haven't caught; that including a Phanpy I found in the Safari Zone, on Ruby. It was as if I was destined to capture it... it never seemed to flee. XD

I've also never seen one in the Battle Tower, which is where I believe people have seen them, before.

Alakazam17
July 5th, 2008, 05:06 PM
In my Silver game I encountered a wild Tangela...but as some of you may remember from those days, I saw the line "Wild TANGELA fled!" before I was able to capture him. ;_;

Michii
July 5th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I haven't even been fortunate enough to encounter a shiny. Although, I had a shiny Feebas that ate too many poffin and therefore wouldn't evolve. I'll sell that off on the GTS :p

Scorcher
July 6th, 2008, 02:48 AM
I've never seen one, so no

.Vaporeon
July 6th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Iv'e let alot away..
Well not alot.
I once let a shiny Cubone get away.
Since i already had 2.
Lol.

THIRTY-SIX
July 6th, 2008, 03:17 AM
When I was in the elite four cave I was in a rush and didn't realise the graveller I encountered was shiny until after I fled. This was in Ruby. There were other I encountered in fire Red but it was the Safari zone and I couldn't catch.

willj016
July 6th, 2008, 03:58 AM
i always keep my masterball just on the off chance i see a shiny

BassFace
July 6th, 2008, 06:08 AM
I was once playing the Sapphire version, and I ran into a shiny Poochyena. Normally, that would've been a good thing, but in this case, the timing couldn't have been worse. Guess when and where I ran into it?
On Route 103, on my way to battling Brendan for the first time. A point in the game where it's impossible to catch Pokemon, because you haven't yet obtained your first Poke Balls.

I was also a victim of the dreaded "Safari Zone Pokemon flees" episode. This time it was a Xatu, in the Emerald version.

Sweet Speed
July 6th, 2008, 07:12 AM
I was once playing the Sapphire version, and I ran into a shiny Poochyena. Normally, that would've been a good thing, but in this case, the timing couldn't have been worse. Guess when and where I ran into it?
On Route 103, on my way to battling Brendan for the first time. A point in the game where it's impossible to catch Pokemon, because you haven't yet obtained your first Poke Balls.

I was also a victim of the dreaded "Safari Zone Pokemon flees" episode. This time it was a Xatu, in the Emerald version.
That exact thing happened to me, I ran into a shiny Poochyena on route 103,I was frantic and quite sad.

Sweet Candace
July 6th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Let's see...

Ran away from a shiny Whismur (in Emerald). I didn't realize what I did until I knew how rare finding a shiny was
Traded a shiny Drapion for a Japanese Cherrim on GTS (does that count?)

Those are the two main ones....I haven't done anything else stupid with shinies because of letting those get away...

Machop!
July 6th, 2008, 11:21 AM
I almost did once. I wasn't paying attention up near Stark Mountain where all the Raticate are, and I just happened to look down as I saw the shine of the Raticate when it appeared. If I hadn't seen that I wouldn't have known it was shiny, it almost looks the same as a normal unless you look at them at the same time.

Mitchman
July 6th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Um I cant remember but the pixie trio one that runs. LOL. I caught it of course.

Becky_x
July 6th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I encountered a shiny Stunky and only caught it because it was a different colour and I thought it was cool XD I didn't even know what a shiny was but that was my first and only one so far.

Pookachu
July 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
My Persian crit'd OHKO'd a Pink Butterfree on the Bug Contest in Silver. Probably, I restarted the game because of that. >_<

t3hjolteon
July 6th, 2008, 07:53 PM
I found a shiny Krabby in one of the Whirl Islands caves on Pokemon Silver. I noticed it was shiny, but at that time I didn't have a clue how rare shinies were. Unfortunately, I ran away. When I looked on the internet and found out the odds of getting a shiny, I kicked myself. Literally.

Other than that, no, the rest of my shinies were caught successfully . . . well, one of the two was a shiny Torchic so it's not exactly caught, but the other one was a shiny Wooper in the Safari Zone, and I nabbed it! ^_^