PDA

View Full Version : Concerns of Blue/Green of PokeSpecial

Ryousha
July 4th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Is it me or does throughout the series she get's more innocent?

She starts out as a con artist,then helps Red, and Green defeat Team Rocket, in Yellow version she barely has any tricks up her sleeves, and her only idea was to make yellow look like a boy.

in GSC, she returned with her trickyness again, and revealed to be scared of Birds.

in FR/LG, she seems to lost all of it, and look like a normal pokemon trainer, that's cute and innocent.

So, what in the world happened to her? O_O.

Ageless Irony
July 5th, 2008, 04:13 PM

She starts out as a con artist,then helps Red, and Green defeat Team Rocket, in Yellow version she barely has any tricks up her sleeves, and her only idea was to make yellow look like a boy.

in GSC, she returned with her trickyness again, and revealed to be scared of Birds.

in FR/LG, she seems to lost all of it, and look like a normal pokemon trainer, that's cute and innocent.

Well. The whole reason she was a con artist and devious and such, was due to what she went through, and all the trauma and stuff of being kidnapped by Mask of Ice for all those years.
And in the Yellow saga she did have a few "tricks" up her sleeve, stuff like sneaking into Bill's house, and the fight with lorelai.
In GSC, she was afraid of birds because that those were the birds that kidnapped her, so it's more of a traumatic fear, rather than just a normal fear.

And after GSC, she defeated Mask of Ice and such, so she was finally able to let go of her past self and become a better person. Which would explain her behavior in FRLG

Though, she still does show some of that in FRLG, such as when she stole the bangle from Kimberly.
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p106/SteelBox/0_0008copy.jpg

So all that change in her can be explained if you think about it...

Victoria~
July 5th, 2008, 08:13 PM
The series get darker, so the characters kinda have to adapt aswell.
Blue barely appear until the end of the Yellow series, and when she does, there are some tricks that help her out a lot.
On GSC Series, the traumatic part of Blue's past is revealed, so it's difficult to be "pesky and obnoxious" x]]
FR/LF also is an important part of Blue's life, she's meeting her parents and all, so she gets more serious.. Nway, she's still astute on all series.

Wallace Berlitz
July 5th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Actually I think the stories are connected. Blue is just escaped from Mask of Ice with Silver when they were 5 and 2. And then when Blue frew into 11, she went to having her adventures. She was a thief because she don't has any parents to teach her how to behave. Until she take part of the Pokemon Leauge, Prof.Oak gave her a lesson with Bird Pokemon. She said she just want to has the same mission with Red and Green so Prof.Oak gave her a PokeDex and adviced her not to become a thief, do not tell lie and do tricky things. In GSC, Blue just wanted Yellow to search for Red. And Blue's main plan is explore about the bird who kidnapped Blue. And so, Lance created a mystery bird Pokemon, (As known as Lugia) and Blue was about to check this mystery. But it's not the bird. She contacted Silver to help her solve this problem. Two Years later, Blue finally solved the mystery. It was Ho-Oh kidnapped her and there's many bird Pokemon flying around there. Blue started to scare the birds but she overcome it. She caught the three legendaries bird too. And the Mask of Ice was defeated. So she changed. In FR and LG, Silver reminded Blue about their past and Blue was excited that she can meet her parents. FR and LG is about Family story. Blue hasn't meet her parents for many years since she was kidnapped by Mask of Ice. So the story is somehow connected. Blue doesn't change at all. Nothing happened to her. She just want to find out about her past and parents.

minakichan
July 6th, 2008, 04:21 AM
BLUE IS AWESOME. END OF STORY.

Nah, I think this is just a generic case of bad-character-hanging-out-with-purehearted-main-character-and-becoming-influenced-by-his-ways. Happens all the time in shounen manga.

BLUE IS AWESOME. END OF STORY.

Nah, I think this is just a generic case of bad-character-hanging-out-with-purehearted-main-character-and-becoming-influenced-by-his-ways. Happens all the time in shounen manga.

Idiot!
July 6th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Blue is still sly in FRLG saga. Professor Oak entrusted the chips to Blue, and gave her the Fame Checker that had recorded everything that had happened in the lab, mainly because, as he said it, "the sneakiest of the three" (at least in my book). And the Silph Scope she uses to see Deoxys... Her Ditto camouflaging in Red's bag... I still think she has plenty of tricks in her sleeves.

lalalagirl
July 6th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I think the reason she was so calm was because her parent's lives where in danger. (She has been searching for them for almost all her life). I understand why she's changed and i think that she doesn't need to trick or steal people anymore, she has friends now.

Mileyangel
July 6th, 2008, 06:32 PM
You can't really blame Blue. Like stated before, she had a horrible, truamatic childhood, and was only able to get over it with the confrontation with Ho-oh and the defeat of the Mask of Ice. She just built up those con skills for survival.

But, if you ask me, she TOTALLY rules, con artist or not.

Apathetic_Yen
July 7th, 2008, 08:13 PM

Character Development

Yah something not seen too much in the Pokemon media

Netto Azure
July 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Character Development

Referring to what....games, Anime, or the manga?

Mileyangel
July 8th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Character Development

Let's take Ash as an example.

-still relies on Pikachu nearly every battle
-still shows no intrest in girls
-still dumps his pokemon off at Prof Oak's place when he goes off to a new region
-still aims to be a "Pokemon Master"

There you go. Zero character development.

VideoFan9864
July 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM

-still dumps his pokemon off at Prof Oak's place when he goes off to a new region

True true he is Red's total opposite. Red also dumps his pokemon but not at oak's but in a box but he actually catches strong pokemon and doesn't release them. He already became a champion on Saga 1. He does have an interest in girls but is somewhat gullable in a way (I am sure about specialshipping).

RubyJB88
July 8th, 2008, 07:45 PM
This is why I wonder why aren't the anime writers following the manga's style. They can still keep it a kids show if they had changes occurring, like in the manga. I had debated about this in another forum. Why are they suppressing any development? Is it because the anime is solely aimed at Pokemon only? So there really is no plot for Ash to become a Pokemon master, but just a pseudo-plot to show Ash going to new journeys, only to exploit the new Pokemon of the generation, and showcase them, that's all.

I notice that in the manga, they don't do things like they do in the anime. I've seen they rotate old and new Pokemon around, and their #1 showcasing isn't just Pokemon alone. They actually know that there are human beings. So they develop them, as well as the Pokemon. Which is an umistakable, beautiful collaboration.

You don't see this in the anime, anywhere. And if they do, it's not really what it seems, just the writers messing around with your heads, and there really is nothing going on. The anime is just milking the whole franchise via the games. That's what it comes down to.

Mileyangel
July 9th, 2008, 07:07 AM
^Yes.

And that is why the manga is by far superiour to the anime.

Wallace Berlitz
July 9th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Anime is sucks. Ash is more childish than the manga characters. And they don't change the main character of the Anime. Hopefully Manga will become Anime someday...

By the way, Blue is just searching her familiy.

wee1314
July 10th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hopefully, maybe, just maybe, that Celebi will come, do it's change time thing which brought people back to life, un-petrify the original pokedex holders.

RubyJB88
July 10th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Hopefully Manga will become Anime someday...

*sighs* If only they change the whole thing with some content for older viewers. :(

pong08
July 13th, 2008, 10:42 AM

Halleljuah! Halleljuah! Halleljuah! Halle----lu---jah!

*sighs* If only they change the whole thing with some content for older viewers. :(

the question is not what we want to become true, but what should become true.. and that is manga becoming a anime.

Hopefully, maybe, just maybe, that Celebi will come, do it's change time thing which brought people back to life, un-petrify the original pokedex holders.
which is the subject to my new thread....

Fiery Dash
July 13th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I wish they have English PokeSpecial here in Hong Kong...

Ryousha
July 13th, 2008, 01:16 PM
But didn't Ruby have Celebi in R.S?

Netto Azure
July 14th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if he kept it though....

Mileyangel
July 14th, 2008, 05:25 PM

If they use the corny Celebi approach for the 3rd time in a row, I'm sorry, but I'm going to lose a lot of respect for the manga.

chamo-chan
July 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Just like everyone said, Blue only acted the way she did because she was kidnapped at a very young age, ( think she was 5). She learned all this con artist stuff because she didn't know how to get along with others.
After making friends with Red and the others, and overcoming her fear of birds, she stopped being such a con artist.
Blue also wanted to be on her best behaviour because she was going to see her parents, (whom haven't seen her for over I guess 10 years, which was basically her entire childhood).
So yeah her character does develop, but once in a while, the old Blue comes out.

And yeah, agreeing with everyone.
Manga > anime

pong08
July 15th, 2008, 09:40 AM
If they use the corny Celebi approach for the 3rd time in a row, I'm sorry, but I'm going to lose a lot of respect for the manga.
hopefully they'll have a different method

RubyJB88
July 15th, 2008, 01:40 PM
No, they have to get creative. I've seen a lot of strong juices flowing here in the manga than in the anime. Honestly.

pong08
July 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM
No, they have to get creative. I've seen a lot of strong juices flowing here in the manga than in the anime. Honestly.
right on.. that's the spirit

Silverdragonlaura
July 15th, 2008, 05:14 PM
well...
from what I've heard from my sister (chamo-chan)
the anime has zero character development because:
1. Kid's show
and
2. It was made mostly to show off the pokemon, not the trainers.

Pokesupe is sort of an opposite to it,
the story revolves more around the trainers than the pokemon themselves.

Netto Azure
July 16th, 2008, 07:42 AM
well...
1. Kid's show
and

Pokesupe is sort of an opposite to it,
the story revolves more around the trainers than the pokemon themselves.

True...true...but isn't Satoshi-kun a trainer yet take into account the horror of the Characters of the day that we get...for the anime. (maybe every PKMN player will get one?)

RubyJB88
July 16th, 2008, 12:40 PM
well...
1. Kid's show
and

Right, which is exactly my point.

What they're doing in the manga is the correct and logical thing to do. It's the best way to capture attention, I think.

Ryousha
July 18th, 2008, 11:55 AM
my reason is why she always hugs red and put the <3 sign every time she talks to Red in Volume 2? lol.(I read onemanga, so <_<)

chamo-chan
July 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
my reason is why she always hugs red and put the <3 sign every time she talks to RED? lol.(I read onemanga, so <_<)

It's probably just the translation..................
Or maybe it's just implying that she has a playful attitude around him?

I dunno.

Ryousha
July 18th, 2008, 12:01 PM
It's probably just the translation..................
Or maybe it's just implying that she has a playful attitude around him?

I dunno.

Well that thing gives me a reason(in 25-26 by chuang yi, they had the same heart signs everytime theres love lol.)
Might be shipping I suppose :P

chamo-chan
July 18th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Well that thing gives me a reason(in 25-26 by chuang yi, they had the same heart signs everytime theres love lol.)
Might be shipping I suppose :P

Could be, of maybe it's just Chuang-yi....

Ryousha
July 18th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Could be, of maybe it's just Chuang-yi....

nah, it's on fanscanlations as well, that means in the japanese they already had the sign ;).

chamo-chan
July 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
nah, it's on fanscanlations as well, that means in the japanese they already had the sign ;).

Oh, then I stand corrected.
:P hahahha.

Sunnybeam
July 23rd, 2008, 05:35 AM
Yeah, I just finished the FRLG arc yesterday...and it bugged me how Blue was being all...not tricky. I really liked RBG Blue's personality (mostly because it's mine, hehehe), and GSC Blue's interaction with Silver. But in FRLG...she did about one or two 'typical Blue' things (stealing the bangle, xD), and I was really hoping for her to comfort Silver when he got all emotional about his dad...

Yeah, I'm kind of a Chosenshipper. In a brother/sister way.

I miss the old Blue. Sure she's strong now, but it was way funnier when she played tricks on people and then beat their butts.

lalalagirl
July 23rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Yeah, I just finished the FRLG arc yesterday...and it bugged me how Blue was being all...not tricky. I really liked RBG Blue's personality (mostly because it's mine, hehehe), and GSC Blue's interaction with Silver. But in FRLG...she did about one or two 'typical Blue' things (stealing the bangle, xD), and I was really hoping for her to comfort Silver when he got all emotional about his dad...

Yeah, I'm kind of a Chosenshipper. In a brother/sister way.

I miss the old Blue. Sure she's strong now, but it was way funnier when she played tricks on people and then beat their butts.

Well, i've already stated a reason (how her parent's life was in danger when she JUST found them...)

but also, people have to keep in mind... the writer/mangaka changed ;)

Ryousha
July 23rd, 2008, 06:07 AM
Well, i've already stated a reason (how her parent's life was in danger when she JUST found them...)

but also, people have to keep in mind... the writer/mangaka changed ;)

Noo the manger writer is the same

the artist is different

Netto Azure
July 23rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
Noo the manger writer is the same

the artist is different

I think somehow that survey they did in VOL.22 changed some things in outlook....

Sunnybeam
July 23rd, 2008, 09:07 AM
I think somehow that survey they did in VOL.22 changed some things in outlook....
-is noobish- Sorry, what survey?

I guess I see how the situation changed her attitude. I just hope we get the old Blue back eventually.

pong08
July 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM

I guess I see how the situation changed her attitude. I just hope we get the old Blue back eventually.
I like the new blue.... the way she acts... it's cute and charming.

Mileyangel
July 24th, 2008, 03:18 AM
Well, Blue is Blue in my opinion. A clever girl who always has a trick up her sleeve.

Netto Azure
July 24th, 2008, 06:38 AM

In the Author's comments in one of the volumes they mentioned a survey for the age groups etc. of those reading (In Japan) but when most people read The first (true PKMN manga, you know the one with Pippi?) they probably got wrong results. Thats probably why we have more slapstick in PokeSpe DPP.

munkyboywndr
July 25th, 2008, 09:19 PM
This is why I wonder why aren't the anime writers following the manga's style. They can still keep it a kids show if they had changes occurring, like in the manga. I had debated about this in another forum. Why are they suppressing any development? Is it because the anime is solely aimed at Pokemon only? So there really is no plot for Ash to become a Pokemon master, but just a pseudo-plot to show Ash going to new journeys, only to exploit the new Pokemon of the generation, and showcase them, that's all.
Because their only audience that would watch it after half a season would be the kids who have nothing better to do on a Saturday morning. :-/ With the terrible animation, bad voice actor selection and repetitive moral-grinding we get on a episodial basis, it's a wonder the show wasn't taken off the air long ago.
If character development, nobody'd notice except for the kids who don't watch it anymore. But, I do agree that it would make the anime a lot more interesting.
You don't see this in the anime, anywhere. And if they do, it's not really what it seems, just the writers messing around with your heads, and there really is nothing going on. The anime is just milking the whole franchise via the games. That's what it comes down to.
It's called capitolism for a reason, buddy. <3

I stopped watching the anime around when Ash was failing at the Poke'mon League all those years ago. Ah, the memories. I briefly watched a few of the Johto episodes, but quickly tired of the way it was all exactly the same.

chanchimi
July 25th, 2008, 10:06 PM
all exactly the same.[/i]

Same here. After the first series I started to stop enjoying the show, and only watched a few Johto episodes, and like you said, it was the same, and didn't change. In my opinion it got worse as the anime continued.

RubyJB88
July 26th, 2008, 08:20 AM
It's called capitolism for a reason, buddy. <3

Ah yes, capitalism. What makes democracy really great than the other second-world/third-world governments...*sighs* It's all about the money.

Although the anime did slowly start getting better after Johto, but not many people came back to watch. In fact, it was most of the newer generation of kids watching the anime.

pong08
July 26th, 2008, 08:53 AM
how about they keep the same anime running, but make a new anime for pokespecial? It'll cost more money, but it can get the older viewers' attention also.

chanchimi
July 26th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Ah, a new anime for pokemon special would be great. But I don't think they would ever make an anime of it because as you said pong08, it would cost alot of money to do so.

RubyJB88
July 27th, 2008, 12:50 PM
That would be awesome. And make the animation pale, like most matured-audiences-only animes. But it in a reserved section on a TV channel.

RubyJB88
December 6th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Is it okay to bring this up? I just started on FR/LG and wanted to comment on Blue's changed personality.

Oddly I was the last person who posted here...

I really appreciate the manga writers for what they've done to Blue. It is simply what happens when one matures, they become the opposite of who they are when young. This applies to Blue. And I like it very much. She has become much caring and understands others feelings. Since her transition from G/S/C to FR/LG, it shows that others call her as a "best friend". For example, compare what Red thought of her in the first arcs, and how that changed dramatically in FR/LG. This is why I really love it when characters grow up and mature. It adds so much to the plot, and anything in between. Unlike the anime.

bubblewrap
December 6th, 2008, 03:36 PM

I so miss Blue's tricky side. D8
I wish some of it will come back....

As everyone else says, manga > anime.

Aegis
December 6th, 2008, 10:09 PM
First of all, double posting isn't allowed like that, even to revive a thread. Second, this thread hasn't been posted in since July, which is way beyond the one month limit for reviving threads >_<

-Closed-