View Full Version : Alakazam or Gardevoir???

July 5th, 2008, 4:47 AM
Hey everyone... I am making a pokemon team in ruby... i dont know who is the best psychic pokemon... is it alakazam or gardevoir... plss comment why it is the best psychic pokemon

thx XD

El Gofre
July 5th, 2008, 5:08 AM
They do different jobs. Alakazam is a kick-ass special sweeper, gardevoir is more of a tank. It depends on what your team needs- speed or bulk.

July 5th, 2008, 5:39 AM
i agree but personally i would use alakazam my fave psi pokemon

July 5th, 2008, 6:17 AM
I perfer Gardevoir because, I just like the beauty of that pokemon and I like how it can hold some strong moves too.

July 5th, 2008, 6:27 AM
hey i've got a new question...
if you are in a 2v2 battle...
what pokemon do you prefer to team up w/ another pokemon....is it alakazam or gardevoir??

July 5th, 2008, 6:51 AM
Gardevoir. she can take more damage, so my other pokemon does not take too much.

July 5th, 2008, 6:52 AM
I would still choose Gardevoir, no matter what against Alakazam :D

El Gofre
July 5th, 2008, 7:01 AM
hey i've got a new question...
if you are in a 2v2 battle...
what pokemon do you prefer to team up w/ another pokemon....is it alakazam or gardevoir??

Again, it depends on the team. What would the other partner be?

Oh, and people suggesting their favorites does not constitute as advice :|

July 5th, 2008, 7:04 AM
Gardevoir Would Be Best Hands Down :)

Glitter Stain
July 5th, 2008, 7:48 AM
Alakazam in the 3rd Gen is just awesome. Kadabra is even good before evolving, which can't really be said about Kirlia.

July 5th, 2008, 9:18 AM
I perfer Gardevoir over any psychic pokemon.

It is an awsome pokemon and it is good for beating trainers, gyms and the E4. Ask my bro, beaten E4 27 times with:

July 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I voted for Alakazam, but Gardevoir is stat wise stronger.

July 5th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Gardevoir and Alakazam serve two different purposes. Gardevoir is usually used as a Special Tank that ruins physical sweepers with Will O Wisp and provides overall team support.

Alakazam is a glass cannon who is used to rip through teams with it's insane Special Attack. However, it falls to nearly any neautral physical attack.

I prefer Zam since there are better Will O Wispers and tanks, but not many can match Zam's Special Attack stat (which is the highest in the entire metagame, barring ubers)

July 15th, 2008, 5:43 PM
if you want ahh super speedy special sweeper i think alakazam is the one you are looking for but a gardevoir has a Dreameater and Hypnosis so if you want a tank sweeper gardevoir then choose gardevoir

July 15th, 2008, 9:31 PM
if you wanna raise a pokemon that will take time but it is really good i would say gardevoir
but if you want a speedy pokemon that is sort of easy to raise that can learn some good moves alakazam is for
i have an alakazam in ever game i have

July 16th, 2008, 4:27 AM
Gardevoir, it has better moves (in my opion), it can learn some great TMs, and alakazam is kinda ugly o.0

Gold warehouse
July 16th, 2008, 7:00 AM
I have found Gardeivor to be more useful in alot of situations personally, but Alakazam can also be very useful so it really depends on you.

July 16th, 2008, 7:14 AM
Alakazam works for me. it's specal attacks are very powerful, but hey, to each their own

July 17th, 2008, 9:33 AM
i prefer gardevoir, i remember using it in pokemon ruby... she has a great combination of power and defense with calm mind and double team, really great !