• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Female Mr. Mimes

MayorPork

Psyduck Lover
Years
Idunno about you guys, but those have always bothered me. I mean seriously, chanseys are always female. They could have made a pokemon called MISTER MIME always male.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
That is strange. I found that out today. I ran into a girl Mr.Mime. I'm like wow.....a female Mr.Mime? That's jacked up dude

Gooberdued

< Is friggin' awesome
Years
  • Age 30
  • Utah
  • Seen Jul 26, 2008
They should have made it so that Mime Jr. could be either gender and depending on its gender it would evolve into Mr. Mime or the female counterpart yet-to-be-revealed-and-presumably Mrs/Ms/Miss Mime.

But they didn't. EPIC FAIL.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
They should have made it so that Mime Jr. could be either gender and depending on its gender it would evolve into Mr. Mime or the female counterpart yet-to-be-revealed-and-presumably Mrs/Ms/Miss Mime.

But they didn't. EPIC FAIL.

Nah... a female evolution of Mime Jr. would be pretty pointless; almost as much as it was pointless making a Pre-Evolution of a Pokemon that will only ever have one use, and that being a counter attacker... -_-;;; (I really hate Wobbuffet...)

Personally, I agree with those who say it should have been the counterpart to Jynx, as Miltank is the counterpart to Tauros. It would make much more sense than giving a different evolution to... Mr. Mime... *shudders*

Interesting fact: The only Shiny Mr. Mime I had was female. XD I traded it off for something I can't remember; think it was a Legendary.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
You see, this is all the Americans' fault. XD

When Red & Blue came out, Pokemon didn't have genders aside from the Nidoran family. And in fact the Japanese name for Mr. Mime is in no way gender-specific. So the American translators randomly stuck a "Mr." in the name.

But once Gold & Silver came out with gendered Pokemon, all those Americans were sitting there with their heads on their desks. XDD they screwed up a bit there, eh?

This is also why I doubt a "Mrs. Mime" will ever come to be. Pokemon games are made by the Japanese, and I doubt they'll do something like that to appease American gamers. After all, it was Americans who created the problem to begin with.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2015
You see, this is all the Americans' fault. XD

When Red & Blue came out, Pokemon didn't have genders aside from the Nidoran family. And in fact the Japanese name for Mr. Mime is in no way gender-specific. So the American translators randomly stuck a "Mr." in the name.

But once Gold & Silver came out with gendered Pokemon, all those Americans were sitting there with their heads on their desks. XDD they screwed up a bit there, eh?

This is also why I doubt a "Mrs. Mime" will ever come to be. Pokemon games are made by the Japanese, and I doubt they'll do something like that to appease American gamers. After all, it was Americans who created the problem to begin with.

Yes I agreed with everything you just said there.
A female "Mr.Mime" is good for the japanese because Mr.Mime isnt called Mr.Mime over there but Barrierd, so since they created pokemon it would make sense, but comes the americans with the name Mr.Mime and then there are female Mr.Mimes. Im trying to say a Mrs.Mime would be good for America, but not Japan, but I name my female Mr.Mimes Mrs.Mime anyway.

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2008
Meh, I usually just change their name to Mrs Mime or something like that.

Years
I reckon they should make it the male Jinx counter part or all the girl Mime Jrs should evolve into a pokemon called madem mime or something cause having a mr mine girl is quite stupid

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
Years
Although reasoning for a female evo of Mr. Mime is pretty solid, it takes away the classic that is, well, a female Mr. Mime.

And I don't want to see a female Machop evo, either.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2008
Does anyone else think back to that part in Saving Silverman where Jack Black is talking about the mime? Everytime I use Mr. Mime I think about that.

Naito

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
You'd be surprised what can be male or female. Machamp, Gardevoir, and Lopunny for example, can be both genders.

A female version of Mr. Mime does seem reasonable, but you can get some kicks out of finding a female Mr. Mime.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
i hadn't even thought about it until I saw this thread...

I suppose there isn't much that can be done

lol imagine wat the mrs mime would look like

Back