PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pokemon type?

PsyMaster
July 5th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Whats your favorite pokemon type? (fire, water, poison, normal , fighting etc)

My favorite is water pokemon :). Too many people tend to pick fire but i dont see the big deal, just because fire pokemon are said to be "stronger and cooler" But then thats just my opinion, feel free to post your favorite type and maybe a reason of why.

eleven
July 5th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Fire. I guess I'm just part of the majority. ;)

Scorcher
July 6th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Fire. (Pretty obvious since my name's Scorcher...)

PsyMaster
July 6th, 2008, 03:24 AM
Yes when i saw that the last post was by scorcher i already knew what the response was gonna be lol

willj016
July 6th, 2008, 03:59 AM
id say dark as they look cool

Saltare.
July 6th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Fire, Psychic, and Fighting. Oh and Ghost and Dark ;)

Bellomence
July 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
My favorite type is Grass-type. It's because my favorite color is green and most green Pokemons are of Grass types. Another reason is because my favorite Pokemon (which is Oddish and its evolution family) is Grass-type. I eventually liked this type ever since.

My second favorite would be the famous dragon-type. They're strong and cool! Look at my avatar for more details....

PB
July 6th, 2008, 08:45 AM
My favourite types are Water and Flying, but I dont like Wingull xD

I love water types because they have so many possiblities and theres so many chocie in them. I like flying pokemon because when I was a kid I wanted to be able to fly, lame I know.

pokemon12
July 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM
fire and grass are my favorite

Becky_x
July 6th, 2008, 09:14 AM
It's gotta be grass :) They're just brilliant and adorable! You only have to look at Breloom, Budew, Chikorita, Bulbasaur etc to see why

Random Passerby
July 6th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Dragon and Fire types. XD Lots of good movesets...

gtab x3
July 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Currently my favourite type is ground but it used to be electric and grass, i just never noticed that i have many favourite ground pokemon.

Sweet Candace
July 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I like Electric types. But I always have a Water or Grass-type to back it up (or a Flying type too)

Machop!
July 6th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Water is my favorite type. With fighting second. Poliwrath is my favorite.

Glaceon_
July 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM
My favourite types are Water and Ice; the latter being the most obvious, due to Glaceon being a big favourite of mine, among the Eeveelutions. I'm also a fan of Froslass and certain other Ice types, such as Weavile and Lapras. (the latter being both water and Ice)

The Water type being a favourite is because of the almost-overwhelming list of Water Starters I prefer; excluding Mudkip, for my least favourite Generation; Generation III.

Gewitterdrache27
July 6th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I like Dragon, Steel, and Dark types. I think it would be cool to have a Dragon/Dark type because ot the massive attack power that would be stored up there.

I like Dragon because it only has two weaknesses and many common attackers are weak against it.

I like Steel, Especially Skarmory, because with Skarmory only one thing is super effective against it.

I like Dark because all of those Psychic elitists cower from them, plus they generally look cool.

Sasuke Hinamori
July 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Mine are Fire and Water I guess.

ScyKinG
July 6th, 2008, 11:29 AM
My favorite Types are, Grass, Fire, and Dark

the_gurpster
July 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
my fav type is fire because fire pokemon are just so cool

Pookachu
July 6th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Water and Flying. Lots of dual types = very t3h strong.

PsyMaster
July 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
My other two favorites are dragon and psychic but with the exception of me liking gengar and haunter which are ghost pokemon.

=Zack=
July 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Dragon and fire. :3

Coarse, everybody loves fire.

PsyMaster
July 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I hate fire

Extinguish the flames with the power of water

Skaterzpenguin
July 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
My favorite types are electric, ice and dark!

o.necromancer.o
July 6th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Personally I hate fire pokemon too I could never understand why so many people like them. My favorite types are poison (because I think they look cool and toxic and poison gas have saved me in battles) water (not sure why) and bug (not sure why).

Amaruuk
July 6th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I like fire, not necessarily because it's strong or cool, but because more of my favorites are fire-type than any other. Dark, flying, and water are close seconds, though. Water attacks are very strong and come in handy often, and Gyarados is arguably my favorite since I haven't played a Pokemon game without having one on my team, but I'll have to say fire for this since I'm not really all that fond of any other water-types but Gyarados. I guess for me it isn't so much the type itself as it is the Pokemon of said type.

PsyMaster
July 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Personally I hate fire pokemon too I could never understand why so many people like them. My favorite types are poison (because I think they look cool and toxic and poison gas have saved me in battles) water (not sure why) and bug (not sure why).

Which is the same thing i wonder all the time

Kip
July 7th, 2008, 03:55 AM
In order of what I like the most:

Water
Electric
Fire

Always has been. Don't ask me why - I don't even know! :\

Peanutz
July 8th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Dragon's are total pwnage.
Great movesets, and usually dragon types have strong stats.

Not to mention Rayquaza is dragon type. XD

PsyMaster
July 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Yeah i agree that dragons are really cool, which is why them and psychic tpes are also my favorite, People say its weird that i like dragon types but not fire but theres a difference like gyrados is a dragon, dragonite, and it doesnt mean they have all fire type moves.

paperfunk
July 9th, 2008, 11:29 AM
personally, i like water types, they just seem very graceful and powerful to me. bash me if you must, i like water types.

MUSION
July 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Electric, Rock and Ground are my fave types.

Ambellina
July 9th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Water types obviously ^_^ but Psychic is a close second

King Syn
July 9th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Ghost and Fighting are tied,followed by Flying,then Grass and Water are tied for third, and then theres Dark. Those are my top 6

Firefist
July 9th, 2008, 01:41 PM
My faves are fire, water, dragon. But overall I like all types, just these three are standing out.

Wilow-Wisp
July 10th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I have always been a big fan of water types---my fav pokemon growing up was Vaporeon.
Water, Dark , Ghost and psychic for me.

acetrainer
July 10th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Steel, Fire, Water and Fighting types are my favorites.

mishimishi
July 10th, 2008, 12:40 PM
i always loved pikachu (of course!) and then all the fire types after it!!

linkxangel
July 10th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Aha, I like water, [because they are so graceful], dragon [majestic...and pretty hardcore...haha]]

I STAND BY WHAT I SAY. xD

Jake♫
July 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Psychic all the way. Espeon is the greatest! *Points at Avatar* Oh, I also like Water types.

jirachistar
July 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
My favorite types are Steel and Ice. I looked at my team the other day and noticed every one of them was weak to fire...

The Bringer!
July 10th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I would have to say that poison would be my favorite type, closely followed by water and ghost. Also, I absolutely HATE fire types. Don't know why, I just do. It's weird though, I don't like ground types, yet my favorite pokemon (cubone) is a ground type XD

STK
July 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I like water-types the best. It seems most of my favorite pokemon are water-types. Maybe it's because I like sea-creatures a lot.

hothead
July 10th, 2008, 06:28 PM
MIne has to be Fire Water Ice and ground but if i had to pick one i would pick fire

Brawling_Cookie_xoxo
July 11th, 2008, 06:20 AM
My favorite type is the Music type.

Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Whismur, Caterpie and Heragungan are all awesome. Plus, they're super effective against Space and Dark type pokemon, while only being weak against Psychic types.

What's not to like?

Lynnx
July 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Oh what the heck. I'll just answer the topic.

My favorite types are Dark, Fire, Ice, and Electric. My least favorite is Fighting.

My favorite type is the Music type.

Pokemon like Jigglypuff, Whismur, Caterpie and Heragungan are all awesome. Plus, they're super effective against Space and Dark type pokemon, while only being weak against Psychic types.

What's not to like?

Music? Space? Am I missing something here?

Kerotan
July 11th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Grass type. All the way.
Fire type is popular because everyone loves the attack Flamethrower, and when thay think of Fire types, they think of Pokemon like Charizard and Blaziken.
But, when people think of the Grass Type, they think of attacks like Stun Spore and Pokemon like Jumpluff.
So basicly, I think Grass Types are misunderstood, and unintimidating. But, there are some Pokemon out there like Sceptile and Cacturne that kick some serious @$$.
My second favorite is a tie between Psychic, Dark and Dragon. ^_^

EDIT: Music and Space are only in fangames, not official games, so you may want to edit your post, Brawling_Cookie_xoxo
I don't know what it is, but Heragungan is not a real/official Pokemon (unless that's a Japanese name) It sounds like a Fakemon.
You're probably getting real games confused with fan games.

R a i n n s a n雨
July 11th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Dunno...

Either...

Water
Psychic
Fire
or Dragon

Ruffresia
July 11th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I love water-type the most. Mostly because my favorite person trains those types, Misty. I also just love water Pokémon regardless. I also love grass-type Pokémon. I love their ability to inflict status conditions. Like, a Vileplume can render you paralyzed, confused, and attracted. Plus, grass-types can heal themselves with attacks like Synthesis, Aromatherapy, and Giga Drain. Serious pwnage. I also love plants as well as water in real life, so I think that has something to do with it.

Rogue Shadow
July 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I'm part of a small minority who loves dragon pokemon. They are strong, have few weaknesses, and there are few because they are so elite

Furanty
July 11th, 2008, 03:57 PM
I like Fire, Fighting, and Dark type Pokémon. There are also some other types I like (Grass, Electric, Steel)

Blackfire Dragon
July 11th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I like a lot of types. Fire, Water, Dragon and Electric. I like them because of the Pokemon in them, like Dragonite or Blaziken. :)

SL1MSHADY
July 27th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Water Pokemon hands down!!!!!
They look the awesomest in first and third evolution.

Giblie
July 27th, 2008, 03:01 PM
My favorite Type is .. .. .. .. .. DRAGON! Yay I Choose you, Garchomp! =D

Sora
July 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I like Dragon, Fire, and pretty much about every Pokemon Type in general. However, if I have to choose a certain type, it would have to be water. :] I adore most of the Water Pokemon, and Totodile was my first ever pokemon, so it just came along naturally.

Cassino
July 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Given that I'm posting on the third page now... I suppose the other thread expired.

Like before, I say Normal.

shady1886
July 27th, 2008, 03:11 PM
I personally liked bird pokemon ever since silver when I caught a pidgey and raised it and everytime a start a new game I also catch a bird pokemon in emerald I caught a tailow and trained it, in diamond I caught a starly and trained it.

Silhouette
July 27th, 2008, 05:19 PM
I would have to say Normal or Electric Type. Why can't they make a normal/electric type?

spike6958
July 27th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Dark and Psychic because of my two favorite Pokemon, Umbreon and Espeon.

Banjora Marxvile
July 28th, 2008, 03:42 AM
My favourite types... Well, without a doubt, Bug and Dark (I've made a team of 6 lvl 55 Bug-Types) because they are good in my opinion

Vie
July 28th, 2008, 03:57 AM
well, I have three, flame, dragon and dark. :)

FireRedLexi
July 28th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I have a big love of water pokemon.
Might be because:
A. They're usually cute.
B. I love swimming.
I also like some of the grass pokemon.

So hmm...My top favourite types are: Water, Grass and Flying :D

Gymnotide
July 28th, 2008, 10:55 AM
My favorite type has got to be BIRD.
BIRD-types are so strong.
BIRD-types fly down from the sky and go pewpew wing lazors.
BIRD-types beat FLYING-types any day.
BIRD-types have Water Gun.

And then it bugs your game and makes you restart.
That's one strong bird.

♥~*Abby*~♥
July 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I like fire, dark, and grass types. And a mix of some others, but those are the main ones.