PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the Censor?

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Guys, I was typing the Name of the Gold Version Main Legendarie, **-Oh, But the censor blocks H O

Is H O a Bad Word? o.O;;

ryan
August 7th, 2004, 04:39 PM
some people might consider it to be a bad word, depending on how touchy they are. but i don't, you can send me an e-mail full of that word, and i'd be a little weirded out, but not offended at all.

Legendary_Pokegirl
August 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
I guess it depends on how you want to use the word. If you wanna talk about the gardening tool or the Pokemon, then I dont see the problem. But some people do consider it to be bad.

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Like, I was typing Phoenix Boy's name too...
And its Censored!

[EDIT] It aint anymore @.@

Legendary_Pokegirl
August 7th, 2004, 04:46 PM
I believe that happened in the Pair up and Romance thread in the list. XD I was wondering why it did that. ^^

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 04:48 PM
I believe that happened in the Pair up and Romance thread in the list. XD I was wondering why it did that. ^^

Yeah. And theres a thread called "PC's Big Survey" and when I typed his name it sensored it... @__@

Chairman Kaga
August 7th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Somehow I think the hackers messed with the word filters...words that weren't censored before were and some of the more hardcore curses were uncensored after the incident...that's my best guess anyway.

Castrainer
August 7th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Somehow I think the hackers messed with the word filters...words that weren't censored before were and some of the more hardcore curses were uncensored after the incident...that's my best guess anyway.

yeah... I thought about the Hackers too... We have to ask Andy or Kairi...

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Mmm, censors got screwed over, and in their hopes of getting them fixed, Steve and Kwesi must've messed up something. =/

Kairi
August 7th, 2004, 05:37 PM
When they re-added the censors they didnt put brackets around words like those, and without them anytime those words appear theyre censored. With brackets, only the exact word is censored.

Jolty-kun
August 8th, 2004, 09:29 AM
i dont find it a bad word at all, lol, yeah thats why

Geometric-sama
August 8th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Hardcore, yeah XD. You know, "bugger" is a bad word too. Look it up on dictionary.com XD

Cool Cr@cker
August 9th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Well Never have heard of bad words like h,o and etc...
Anyway hope Kwesi or Steve can change it !

Rukario
August 9th, 2004, 07:15 PM
h o refers to a slang word for prostitute.. usually used as a cut to a female , similar to b i t c h.

Missingno Baby
August 9th, 2004, 07:44 PM
Must we continue questions about censors? They're already answered, ok? The hackers were making fun of us when they censored out Ho*E, ok?
puni puni~

Hiroshi Sotomura
August 9th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Eck, why do people keep bragging on that it was the hackers who banned "Ho"? It was the administrator's slip ups, everyone!

Hoenn? Ho-oh? Do they come out?

aRedMoon
August 9th, 2004, 09:30 PM
People won't get that there weren't even hackers... it was just an admin with an easy to guess password.