PDA

View Full Version : term: "Shiny"

skeddles
July 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
Is shiny something fans came up with, or did nintendo?

The Graceful Assassin
July 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
its a fan term because when a shiny appears stars go all around it giving it the term “shiny”. In DP a man calls a shiny pokemon a pokemon with a different color never using the word shiny. so yeah fanbased term

Yoshimi
July 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Fans made it.
in the guides, they just call them differently coloured pokemon.
i can't explain why they are called because the graceful assassin already got here before me.

Te-em
July 8th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I think they are called "alternate colour Pokemon" or something like that. However, in the card game they were called "Shining". That's replaced by a star now.

armii8877
July 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM
My Cousin, used to call them specaily colored pokemon, until Pokemon Diamond and pearl, were if its a "Shiny Pokemon" Is sparkles at the begining, I think nintendo, put in that little extra for the fans, I dont really know though

Golden Shaymin
July 8th, 2008, 01:50 PM
Shiny is fanbased, It's named this because of the glittering stars that surround a pokemon making it look shiny, as in: OOOh it Sparkles or: That's Shiny!
They are very rare but have no extraordinary powers

Quote from Lucas/Dawn:
Sometimes a patch of grass sparkles when you use the Pokéradar. People say a different-colore Pokémon is hiding there! Could that be true?

Their reference to the Pokéradar doesn't matter but They say: Different-colored instead of: shiny

Syrex
July 8th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Well now, I have no input to add,

but it did answer my question about Shiny Pokemon :D

Thanks.

Alli
July 8th, 2008, 07:55 PM
The Pokemon fanbase coined the name 'shiny'.

So yay for the fanbase! \o/

Renyui!
July 9th, 2008, 03:08 AM
This has been a question on my lips for ages. I think it is just that fans have spread the term shiny through forums and such, and have gotten used to calling it that.

El Gofre
July 9th, 2008, 08:45 AM
As already said, nintendo have been known to call them "alternate colour pokemon". Shiny is easier to say :)

Marshmallow
July 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
The fans made it, not Nintendo. I've always used Shiny for special pokemon