PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Dungeon 2's ending is so ;_; !

SherlockHolmeboy
July 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM
I bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Time (Well, not really, I traded Pokemon Ranger, Nintendogs and Ridge Racer DS for it. :P) this Thursday, so I can actually play it instead of using a dodgy ROM on a dodgy computer. :P I pulled an all-nighter a couple of nights ago trying to get it finished. Now, I'm wishing I didn't.

I cried at the end of the main story. I, honestly to god, cried! ;_;

iRawr-x
July 8th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Yes very true.. I cried when.. Grovyle.. Ohh! ;'( Sad moment. And when [Your Starter] dissapears.. Yes very sad ;[ But thanks to Dialga ;D

SherlockHolmeboy
July 8th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Yeah, it's too bad Dialga doesn't bring back Grovyle, though. :(

Loveon
July 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I also cried. I went into my bedroom while playing the end so my mom and sis didn't see me getting sad over a video game. And Grovyle.. *cries again*

Emperor_Darius
July 8th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I didn't cry but fell somewhat sad. But I knew that the game had to continue. Too bad grovyle doesn't come back, it would be good to have it in the team.

Lordscar
July 8th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Yes it would.I'm getting the game for my birth day.I'm trying to get a piplup or chimchar on pokemon mystery dungeon dark!

iRawr-x
July 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Yeah, Its very true, Groyvle, Was very nice, I thought he was a very bad pokemon, But you know what he was a very good Pokemon.. I kind of feel emoctional now ... Yes Groyvle, The partner of your [starter] He was very inspiring oh such a great Pokemon, :'(

t3hjolteon
July 9th, 2008, 07:08 PM
I figured Grovyle couldn't be the bad guy even when he was stealing Time Gears. It just didn't seem right. I was also surprised that Dusknoir was a good guy when he was first introduced. After both of them turned around, I thought, "HAH! Figured as much." Every single character in the game was in admiration/kissing up to Dusknoir; that alone felt predictably suspicious to me.

As for the ending, I was merely wondering when they were going to bring me back. For that reason I got a bit impatient during the credits (they could have at least shown pictures of various pokemon, jeez). Hehe, guess I don't get emotional over video games that much.

SherlockHolmeboy
July 10th, 2008, 02:43 AM
...As for the ending, I was merely wondering when they were going to bring me back. For that reason I got a bit impatient during the credits (they could have at least shown pictures of various pokemon, jeez). Hehe, guess I don't get emotional over video games that much.

You have no heart!!!!! :(

Jayster23
July 10th, 2008, 06:00 AM
My Gay Brother wrecked the storyline for me (He played his friends) and was playing at the the so i guess i will have to say SCREW YOU LACHLAN!

Artemis
January 14th, 2009, 07:21 AM
I was really sad and almost thought it was going to actually end like that! I admit my eyes were a bit watery...but thank goodness I didn't stop there!!! I must say this had one of the best storylines EVER...I just might get the third one!!!

I have Darkness btw...

~Kavin~
January 14th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Yeah I was sad too. Since in every MD I play in I'm always a treecko.....i was a bit touched that a grovyle was my best friend without me remembering.......and then......only to loose......*cries* lol

the bitter end.
January 14th, 2009, 07:44 AM
You have no heart!!!!! :(

Actually, if you'd played the last game, you would have realized that the MD gmaes are just like that.

Heart's Soul
January 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Yeah, but they made a sequel to Explorers of Darkness/Time. It's now Sky with the remaining part of Grovyle. I wish you could transfer your old team to the new game. And it is somewhat touching to see that you lose your best friend. Who attacked you in a lake. Where Mesprit lived. The story was unexpected and barely makes any sense.

Elekish♥
January 21st, 2009, 02:00 AM
I was watching it and thinking, "lol, they expect us to think that the main characters not coming back." I couldn't think of how it was going to come back though, not good with predictions.

Cascade'A Stupidity
January 26th, 2009, 08:55 AM
I knew that the main character would come back as it did in the first PMD, but I still cried. I'm terrible, me.

.:Kanto:.
January 26th, 2009, 07:43 PM
I really don't know why they make the endings so sad.. I'd rather a happy ending for once =\

Poodles
January 27th, 2009, 05:10 PM
The ending of PMD2 was really sad and I do feel sorry for Grovyle

Messy
February 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM
teh grovyle part was sad, but you come back -shrug- when the credits play, you actually only beat half-way, the last boss is hard

Milke
February 7th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Yeah, but they made a sequel to Explorers of Darkness/Time. It's now Sky with the remaining part of Grovyle. I wish you could transfer your old team to the new game. And it is somewhat touching to see that you lose your best friend. Who attacked you in a lake. Where Mesprit lived. The story was unexpected and barely makes any sense.

Yeah, but then, he didn't know that you were his transformed-partner. He thought you were just protecting the time gears(which you were)

On subject the grovyle part was kinda sad, but I knew I would come back. Just like in the first one. But WHY did they have to drag it out...through ALL of the credits too. x_x

Heart's Soul
February 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, my god! This thread was revived from July 2008 and it's not locked! O_o

Now, I think the ending just is boring, as soon as PMD3 comes out.

Fusktacular Frizzlee
February 7th, 2009, 10:20 AM
i didnt cry but it was really sad at the end

CHG-Swampert
February 7th, 2009, 01:30 PM
yeah the ending is pretty sad. i cried a little bit but only because i was homesick as hell on that day because that was when i moved out of Melbourne all the way to America =/

~ Yukishii
February 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM
A little nervous to talk in a thread that is revived from a year and a half ago, but a mod obviously saw this already.

Yes, the ending was heart breaking.. I knew the Hero Pokemon would come back though.. [Spoiled myself by watching a video with Manaphy in it. The Hero was obviously still there even though it was a later chapter]
But yes, made me very sad.. then the mood lightened as soon as the Hero returned.
Thank goodness for Dialga.

Red Lily
February 18th, 2009, 05:50 PM
i was bawling by the end of PMD2...oh im such a nerd, crying at videogames.

i spoiled myself by watching a video too, but i still cried. its the only pokemon game that makes people cry, oho

TEAM BLUE
February 18th, 2009, 06:28 PM
Every Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Ending is Sad...I was Sad Mostly About Groyvle.

kissing. raindrops
February 21st, 2009, 12:22 PM
Omg, I've finished the game twice, and I cried each time XD
It was so heartbreaking, awwh...</3
Especially Grovyle and your partner.

Shine Austin
February 21st, 2009, 12:41 PM
I had the game for a bit and lost it, but never finished it. What happens at the end that is so sad?

Pechachu
February 21st, 2009, 09:12 PM
The ending is very ;_;! I'm not going to deny that I cried, mainly for Grovyle and the others. Not for me, for them. I never played the first version, so I don't know if it was better or worse, but I love the game so much. Good writing, good game play.

Pokemon Rule
February 22nd, 2009, 03:58 AM
It was a bit sad, but the ending story line was stupid, killing yourself to stop the worlds paralysis, if it was me i would stay alive.

Shine Austin
February 22nd, 2009, 06:17 AM
And yet no one tells me.. lol.

Akeraz
February 22nd, 2009, 07:17 AM
I teared slightly.

It was sad. I miss Grovyle..

masterfun101
February 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
Well I didn't cry, but I hope they don't make it as sad next time. Even the original Mystery Dungeon had a sad ending, until you come back.

And yet no one tells me.. lol.

sorry i posted 2 times...
at the end something happens where you kill yourself to save the world. I have a bad memory so I forget but i remember that part.

Shine Austin
February 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
Oh, no wonder people have been crying at the end.

Heart's Soul
February 22nd, 2009, 04:09 PM
I feel sorry for my partner. Crying when he'll just shock himself? She ain't winning no beauty pagents, no sirree.

darkflagrance
February 23rd, 2009, 11:53 AM
Although it was a bit of a downer, I was actually pleased, considering that pokemon games need a bit more pathos to balance out the eternal optimism.

Glaceon_
February 23rd, 2009, 02:04 PM
at the end something happens where you kill yourself to save the world. I have a bad memory so I forget but i remember that part.

Thinking on it, your character does effectively sacrifice him/herself to save the world from its potential future. Its been a while since I finished the game, so I kinda thought it was almost similar to the original, but its actually quite different in that your character in PMD1 just almost goes back to their own world.

Overall, PMD2 was MUCH more dark and foreboding than that of the original, which was much more friendly and arguably shorter than the sequel. I kind of liked PMD2 more, but the one thing that really ruined it for me was that you couldn't start as Eevee... ;-;
I'm looking forward to Explorers of the Sky to rectify that. ^-^

But as for PMD2's ending, it was definitely a lot more dark and upsetting than PMD1. The following of your partner as they travelled away from Temporal Tower was probably one of the most upsetting parts of PMD2.

~MasterMind~
February 24th, 2009, 07:15 AM
i thought it was sad but because i'am cold hearted i don't cry ._.