PDA

View Full Version : I have the solution...

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM
I have no idea where this goes, but as we all know the PC is having huge probloms. I have the solution that will solve the "cookie header" problom. For those of you who don't know, hundreds of members, and nonmembers, can't enter the PC through their browser. They only get the following:
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php
Line: 205
This is a problom when it comes to nonmembers, because we need as many members to make this place the best. I will need some *what to call it* Permissions. I have went into deep research, and know the problom, if any of the two root admins are intrested... give me a pm. Perferably Steve, cause he trusts me better... I think. :\

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 09:50 PM
I have no idea where this goes, but as we all know the PC is having huge probloms. I have the solution that will solve the "cookie header" problom. For those of you who don't know, hundreds of members, and nonmembers, can't enter the PC through their browser. They only get the following:
Unable to add cookies, header already sent.
File: /home/pokecomm/public_html/includes/config.php
Line: 205
This is a problom when it comes to nonmembers, because we need as many members to make this place the best. I will need some *what to call it* Permissions. I have went into deep research, and know the problom, if any of the two root admins are intrested... give me a pm. Perferably Steve, cause he trusts me better... I think. :\
It shouldn't have anything to do with the Permissions, as it's affecting random people. And it seems to be fixed by switching to FireFox or clearning cookies, cache, and everything.

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
noooooo, I know exactly what's wrong... it's to long to explain, but if I was an admin or a preator for just a half an hour, I could fix it... or something that can access the admincp. I believe it's in the root core of the main cookie generater... all I ask in return is to be a mod in the forum of my choice. If there is a person who's not a member, there's a %75 chance they are going to join. BUT THEY CAN'T JOIN IF THEY CAN'T GET IN. XD. *watches %75 slowly go down to %0*

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 10:10 PM
noooooo, I know exactly what's wrong... it's to long to explain, but if I was an admin or a preator for just a half an hour, I could fix it... or something that can access the admincp. I believe it's in the root core of the main cookie generater... all I ask in return is to be a mod in the forum of my choice. If there is a person who's not a member, there's a %75 chance they are going to join. BUT THEY CAN'T JOIN IF THEY CAN'T GET IN. XD. *watches %75 slowly go down to %0*

I really doubt you know what it is. The cookies have been changed, and that didn't mess anything up.

And it just started happening randomly, with nothing in the admincp changed.

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I know exactly what this is about... It didn't start randomly, it started with the hackers... and when the cookies were changed it did mess up!!! You obviously don't know what the inside of the admincp looks like.

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 10:23 PM
IT DID NOT START WITH THE HACKERS!

This was going on BEFORE they hit.

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 10:34 PM
Ooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay... what ever... a hack didn't hack before the big hack... what ever you say *bows to know it all* I bet there's a hack in the database now... they just look at stuff though. I bet the pc get's hacked everyday, no... I know they do...

aRedMoon
August 7th, 2004, 10:37 PM
PC does not get hacked every day.

That's SPPf you're thinking of. :P

But seriously, it's somethign that's currently unknown to us. I'm thinking it's a vB bug.

Brittany
August 7th, 2004, 11:03 PM
This guy cracks me up... it sounds like he is trying to use technical mumbo-jumbo to make himself seem smart, and gain the authority of being a Mod. XD

If he wanted to be an Admin/Praetor for an hour, he would probably destroy PC. XD

XD I'll try the same in my PSPvsDS thread. Because I know so much about them both, I'm gonna ask to be an Admin or Praetor. XP

I usually joke about that, but I think he is serious about becoming Admin. XD

skds1433
August 7th, 2004, 11:10 PM
and then comes know it all number 2... yeah I'll destroy pc, with absolutly no FTP information... you don't know me, you have no idea what I am capable of... there is a such thing called "back-up" genius... and it's a half an hour, just enough to not allow me to do any harm... hey maybe I can fix it, maybe I can't, but really it's none of your bissness. Everyone wants a chance to fix this thing... if the root admins were like you, then there would be no peple at this forum... and that's what makes them so speacil, because they're willing to give me a chance...

aaaaaa
August 7th, 2004, 11:47 PM
I assure you, skds, I know just as much as any admin here, so why don't you just go ahead and explain your little 'solution'.

aRedMoon
August 8th, 2004, 12:03 AM
and then comes know it all number 2... yeah I'll destroy pc, with absolutly no FTP information... you don't know me, you have no idea what I am capable of... there is a such thing called "back-up" genius... and it's a half an hour, just enough to not allow me to do any harm... hey maybe I can fix it, maybe I can't, but really it's none of your bissness. Everyone wants a chance to fix this thing... if the root admins were like you, then there would be no peple at this forum... and that's what makes them so speacil, because they're willing to give me a chance...
Maybe if you explained in the thread we'd give you a chance.

skds1433
August 8th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Nah, I'll just talk to Steve, next time he gets on... I don't need your stupid coments... anyone who is going to come in here, cause more ****ing stress on me, when I trying to help, is not welecome here. You can just leave me alone... unless you have something possitive to say... BTW, I said it's to long to explain, and I don't need you... you people, telling me how stupid I am, and how it's not going to work. You're just going to have to wait and see, for you will all be amazed...

aaaaaa
August 8th, 2004, 12:27 AM
I wasn't mean.
I just offered a chance for you to run it by someone who know swhat they're talking about, before taking it to Admins who probably don't want to hear about it if it'll only waste their time.

skds1433
August 8th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Steve isn't like that... he'll listen to me... he's cool that way...

aaaaaa
August 8th, 2004, 12:48 AM
He'll listen to the point where you ask for access to the admincp, and then ask for mod status.
Then laugh at you, whe...if you turn out to be wrong

aRedMoon
August 8th, 2004, 01:08 AM
If you're just gonna talk to Steve, why bother making a thread? Wouldn't it be easier to just PM him?

skds1433
August 8th, 2004, 01:14 AM
umm, I think he'll give me a chance... but maybe not, maybe he'll do what you say he will. Only time will tell.

aaaaaa
August 8th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Now answer Miss Kaizer's (;)) question.
Why even make a thread?

Arcanine
August 8th, 2004, 07:27 AM
umm, I think he'll give me a chance... but maybe not, maybe he'll do what you say he will. Only time will tell.
Modding members is up to the Senior Staff Members and something like this is just to get you Modded? Can't you work your way like all the other staff members had to do? All of them had to work to get Modded on PC not just give an idea on how to fix something and take an easy way to get Modded. They had to help people, go by the rules, know what they was doing in the forum they was picked for Mod and other things. Not take an easy way in by getting the Admin to like you and having him or her Mod you. And like JK said? What is the point of this thread if you could go to Steve on AIM or a PM?

Kayleigh
August 8th, 2004, 08:15 AM
And I'd just like to point out that skds433's other account is frosty, which was just recently banned...

So, he may be trying to do this for revenge. He may not, but if he's mad at people because he was banned, then he could. I don't think that he should be given Admin powers. If he really wants to help the community out with this problem, then he would post the solution in front of everyone, right here in this thread.

aRedMoon
August 8th, 2004, 10:20 AM
*is now waiting for Steve to reply to this telling us his decision*

Sakura and Espeon
August 8th, 2004, 11:02 AM
I couldn't get on PC from my main computer all day! I suggest to restore PC to a backup that was before the hacking. ^_^

skds1433
August 8th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Oh, when I posted, JK posted before me, and I didn't feel like editing (I wanted to go to bed). Anyways, I guess it's just a habit... I mean, that's why my other account got banned.
Arcanine, really, me getting modded was just a suggestion. I just want to gain the abbility to claim that I was the one to fix the problom, and I want to be able to use Internet Explorer again.
Kayleigh, revenge isn't my thing. The only reason I haven't posted the solution isn't cause it's long, I've just been saying that... It's because I have no idea what settings he has it on now, and I don't want to feel stupid if I'm wrong, or if he already tried it. I do, however, have a series of ideas.
Sakura and Espeon, restoring the PC, will only delete stuff. It won't restore the previous admincp settings.

I have really researched this, I really belive that I can fix this.

Kairi
August 8th, 2004, 11:50 AM
From what we understand, the breaking in of the account had nothing to do with this, since it went on before it occurred. And we dont have a useable backup from recently, so were going to go from here. ^_^;

Brittany
August 8th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I have really researched this, I really belive that I can fix this.
If you have researched so much, then why won't you give us a little explanation? After all, none of the normal members can access the admincp, so its not like you would be giving dangerous information away.

skds1433
August 8th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Oh my god!!! I'm not going to say it again, go look back at my posts, and read real close!!!

aRedMoon
August 8th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Then we won't believe you. Simple as that.

Hiroshi Sotomura
August 10th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Provided you have the evidence to fix the problem, it still depends whether you will be granted access to the admin CP dependant on the true evidence you give on how to fix the error.

Gardy
August 10th, 2004, 05:49 AM
No offense or anythin but u mods seem to act betta then anyone else and mayb u should test skds1433 to c if he really know wat to do or he can give the info to fix it to a prater or whateva he said yeesh.

Fixen
August 10th, 2004, 07:02 AM
When he didn't even tell us how he's going to fix it? Seriously, skds, we don't know what you want to do, but if you truly want to fix our forum, explain about it, even if it sounds nerdy and nobody will understand.

But to be serious, cookies can make problems. If the user just clears the cookies and such, it's nothing. I don't see so much of a problem in clearing cookies, it's just a few clicks.

skds1433
August 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
What if you're on a macintosh? You can't clear the cookies... I don't think. I'm stuck on a macitosh, until I get my freakin' windows98/XP/95... and personally, I don't use mac. that well, because I learned on a win98. So if you mind telling me how to clear the cookies on a mac., then don't talk.

aRedMoon
August 10th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Depends what browser you use, like everything else.

Here's a tutorial for Safari.
http://www.netfaqs.com/macintosh/Browsers/OSX/Safari/