PDA

View Full Version : What Pokemon Emerald Starters' Best?

armii8877
July 8th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Ok, Ive got My Pokemon Ranch and I need some more pokemon so I restarted my Pokemon EMerald game, and I was wondering, which Starter is the best through the game, I know that one cant be stronger than its weakness but, what was best for you?
Treeko,
Torchic, or
Mudkip?

***If You Leave a comment You must vote***
Thank You:classic:

July 9th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Swampert is the overall best start in my opinion. It immune to electric, resists rock, and has some pretty nice bulkiness.

Choose Mudkip.

PB
July 9th, 2008, 02:12 AM
They are all pretty good.

Gym Wise:

Roxanne - All
Brawly - Torchic
Watson - Torchic
Flannery - Mudkip
Norman - Torchic
Winona - None
Liza & Tate - All
Juan - Treeco.

League Wise

Sidney - Torchic
Phoebe - None
Glacier - Treeco/ Torchic
Drake - Mudkip
Wallace - Treeco

They all have thier good points and bad but Torchic does come out on top, but Its not all that useful for teams Magma and Aqua where as Treeco and Mudkip, so thats something to consider, but in the end its personal chocie and personal prefrance.

hothead
July 9th, 2008, 07:42 AM
For me it is hard choice i say Go with either Torchic or Mudkip i personally like Torchic but Mudkip is Still is awsome pokemon pick either of them and have a good team Your golden oh and is you pick Torchic catch a wishcash it gives you some ground power and Water power

Virtual Chatot
July 9th, 2008, 07:46 AM
In my opinion, I would go with Treecko
No reason at all, I just love those darn things <_<

Syn
July 9th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Go Mudkip,it realy helps alot when it evolves into Swampert,especially with Winona

Ambellina
July 9th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'd say mudkip. Water & ground is a pretty awsome combo. ^_^ & it's cuuuuuute!

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 01:15 PM
It seems theres a battle between
TORCHIC AND MUDKIP

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 01:18 PM
It seems theres a battle between
TORCHIC AND MUDKIP
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk242/Metagame_Spriters/Hoenn/255-Torchic-CSC.pngVS.http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm267/shuuka107/Mudkip.gif

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 01:22 PM
!Make Sure You Vote!
So I get accurate decision

It seems Mudkip and Torchic are getting the most votes...

LipstickTraces
July 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
hey armii :)

Some say its kind of a difficulty level choice, with the stronger option to beat the first few gyms being easy, the weaker option being weakest and so on. its down to personal preference really, base it off which pokemon you like best, or your stratergy if you have a particular one.

id go for mudkip, because my favorite type is water. :)

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 02:05 PM
My Favorite element is water but, in the guide it says Blaziken has the best attack, and it has my favorite attacks, Skyuppercut, brave bird, blaze kick....
Also Mudkip has Muddy Water, and a few other good moves...
Im going between one of them...
My friend kelly borrowed it 3wks ago and Im getting it back tomorro, and im gonna put those pokemon on diamond then my pokemon ranch, then restart emerald, and go through the game easy but still get alot of pokemon...

So far mukipz in the lead, can Torchic fans help?

Saltare.
July 9th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Super hard! I have all 3 in my emerald AND my diamond AND my pearl........but i'd have to say Torchic is my fave

Dukey
July 9th, 2008, 02:15 PM
not treecko it is by far the hardest

Lynnx
July 9th, 2008, 02:28 PM
My Favorite element is water but, in the guide it says Blaziken has the best attack, and it has my favorite attacks, Skyuppercut, brave bird, blaze kick....

Yes, but it has rather low speed for a Fire-type. And Swampert's typing gives it an Electric immunity and it can cover its 4x Grass weakness with Ice Beam. =/ Just something to consider.

So far mukipz in the lead, can Torchic fans help?

Yes.

Torchic is my personal favorite; I just prefer fire types. Its fighting-type moves help me out a lot.

Skaterzpenguin
July 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM
If you want to go easy through gym leaders it would be mudkip! If you are looking for challenging fights then pick treecko. ;]

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Yes, but it has rather low speed for a Fire-type. And Swampert's typing gives it an Electric immunity and it can cover its 4x Grass weakness with Ice Beam. =/ Just something to consider.

Yes.

Torchic is my personal favorite; I just prefer fire types. Its fighting-type moves help me out a lot.

Your right... I will concider that... I forgot about eletric pokemon and swampurt

Come On People More Votes Plz

Tyrantrum
July 9th, 2008, 03:58 PM
I would have to go with Treecko.
I restarted on Emerald and chose Torchic, but Treecko has a better chance against the gym leaders.

armii8877
July 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I would have to go with Treecko.
I restarted on Emerald and chose Torchic, but Treecko has a better chance against the gym leaders.

But how for me it doesnt have any good moves???

InMooseWeTrust
July 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I never use anything but Mudkip. I don't use the others because I don't like Treecko's moveset and fire types are overrated.

iLike2EatPiez
July 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
It's your choice. Depends on what you're looking for in a Pokemon. The Treecko line has great Speed and Sp.Attack for a special sweeper... The Torchic line has decent Attack as well as Sp.Attack... The Mudkip line's defensive with a good type combination...

I'm not going to vote personally because you should be the one to decide based on your ideals. No one of them is "the best", and it depends on what you prefer, how you plan to balance out your team, and all that. Any of the starters can completely own the game, but what matters more is what Pokemon you fill your other five party slots with and how you train them as well. And, people are probably just going to vote for their favorite starters, not which ones they think (without bias) are strategically better. I know I would. XD

Tater Tot
July 10th, 2008, 07:04 AM
I love Torchic, it's great. Combusken is awesome, and Blaziken is one of the best fire types there is.

The Hero Without a Name
July 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Torchic; Blaziken was THE mixed sweeper of Advance Gen, though Swampert's the only one that's still OU in 4th gen.

RaikaCastillo
July 10th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Treecko > Mudkip > Torchic

Treecko looks awesome, actually has a fairly decent set of moves including some dark and (if you evolve it), Fury Cutter. Also, you just can't beat Leaf Blade.

Mudkip is okay too but it doesn't have a reliable moveset and water types are plentiful in Hoenn.

Torchic's moveset is good and it looks cool but it would be a lot better if there weren't so many Water and Flying Types used by the trainers in the game.

But how for me it doesnt have any good moves???

I don't know; maybe it's because you aren't evolving it, aren't teaching it TMs and aren't breeding it.

Ninja Aiden
July 10th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I said Treeko because of its colour, plus I have used Mudkip on Sapphire, and Torchic on Ruby

JollyRoger25
July 10th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Torchic -> Combusken -> Blaziken
I mean co'mon, how is there any dought in your mind. I've played Emerald though three times, each with a different starter, and I found that the Torchic family is the best at beating the gym leaders, holding its own in the leauge, and its really, really cool. I mean co'mon, BLAZE KICK!!

Ninja Caterpie
July 11th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I think he wants it on Ranch?

Well, Treecko is awesome.
Sceptile is awesome.
Enough said?

Seriously, Sceptile can be used as either kind of Sweeper, physical or special.

Marshmallow
July 11th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Try a Mudkip. Ground and Water? So awesome in combat.

fluffy
July 12th, 2008, 07:41 AM
well in all games the fire 1 is offense mostly and water is defense i would usually say tochic but if u pick mudkip u could substitute tochic wit a nice camerupt best fire type in game besides blaziken in my opinion. But im not gonna vote

armii8877
July 12th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Hmm... I think mudkips winning!
Torchic and Treeko Fans Better vote

mangekyou
September 27th, 2008, 01:04 PM
COME ON! torchic is BY FAR the best of the three! there arent many fire/fighting types in hoenn (combusken...blaziken... I count two) If you dont pick him, then at least pick treecko. Blaze kick is great, but deosnt have accuracy quite like leaf blade.

Ivysaur
September 27th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Please do not revive threads that haven't been posted in for longer than a month, thanks.

~Closed