PDA

View Full Version : Who Likes Legendary Pokemon

hothead
July 9th, 2008, 07:38 AM
Who likes and uses Legendary pokemon

I do not like legendary pokemon and it is not because of wat level there on or anything i simply just do not like them what do u think

Ohh wait there is only 2 legendaries i use Ho-oh and lugia

popsicles.
July 9th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I like legendaries ._.

Mostly because they are so .. 'special'.
To me, having a legendary in your team means that you had the nerves & the force to beat and capture one.

By nerves I mean; I always try to capture one without a Master Ball. Since that gives so much more satisfaction :'D

Oh, and I like hunting them down too. Like in Fire Red, I was soo bored after I finally caught Latias.

Syn
July 9th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I dont hate them,but I prefer not to use them.I only use them as trophies,and really good ones cause they are all in pokeballs(spent like a week trying to get Mewtwo and Rayquaza in pokeballs)

Sheogorath
July 9th, 2008, 10:30 AM
In my opinion some legendaries are useful like Mewtwo or Zapdos.

Skaterzpenguin
July 9th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I don't hate them, but I don't like legedarys when people use them in battles, because I see a lot of cheaters that way, but otherwise If I battle legendarys in the game its okay, because its only a computer. lol ^_^

Supreme Dirt
July 9th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I don't hate them, but I don't like legedarys when people use them in battles, because I see a lot of cheaters that way, but otherwise If I battle legendarys in the game its okay, because its only a computer. lol ^_^

Ugh, another n00b who thinks all legends are not fair to use.

No offense, but not all legends are as uber as many think they are. Just look at Shaymin :(

I do indeed use legends. And I use uber legends as well - in uber battles.

Salamence32
July 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I like legendaries but I do not like to use them all the time. Sure it's fun catching them but using them in battles just shows you dont have the will and determintation to catch and train your own pokemon from scratch. I admire anyone who has a lvl 70 and up from lvl 10 and below when you caught it.

JKLAZ
July 9th, 2008, 10:53 AM
My favs are definetly 3 dogs, 3 birds, ho oh and lugia. The new ones arent that great. I dont use them in my team (except dialga to beat the e4)

But i think legends are cool

Mukkamoto
July 9th, 2008, 11:27 AM
legendaries are special and therefore i like them, they are there to be looked at differently and used to show power :P

Alli
July 9th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I like legendaries.

However, I choose not to use them too often and try to catch them in something other than a Master Ball. I've gotten into the habit of using PokeBalls.

mistychikka
July 9th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I love them but after the elite 4 i dont really battle

airconditioning
July 9th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I like Legends. A lot of them are really good, such as Heatran, Azelf, Deoxys-E, and Cresselia. I personally don't use any (haven't been able to fit any on my teams), but I would if I wanted to. :/

Sure it's fun catching them but using them in battles just shows you dont have the will and determintation to catch and train your own pokemon from scratch.

Tell that to my boxful of IV bred, EV trained Pokemon. And for the record, it takes a lot of determination to catch a good Legendary. Have you ever tried soft-resetting for a Legendary? Don't get me started on roaming Legends (I am still looking for a good Cresselia).

Houndoom88
July 9th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I like them, they have a good appearence but I prefer other pokes such as Houndoom

Vyro
July 9th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I use them all the time!

especially my prized giratina

Ninja Aiden
July 9th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I don't like them but I don't not like them if you know what I mean.=D The only legendary I use is Rayquaza as part of my dream team.=D

Agent Cobalt
July 9th, 2008, 01:17 PM
I have to say that I don't love or hate them. I enjoyed that fact that they were available in the first few generations. I was always mad that I couldn't get certain ones without Nintendo Events (I hate that). The only one I got from a Nintendo event was Celebi for GSC. Some of them like Ho-oh and Suicune are very appealing style-wise; I think some just look cool and I like catching and using them.

However, I will say that I think Generation IV went a little overboard on the amount of legendaries they introduced. Some just seem kind of unecessary or pointless, especially the two blue brine shrimp they tried to pass off. I think that they also should have waited till the next games to release guys like Heatran. I just feel as though unleashing so many legendary Pokemon in one generation kind of waters down the idea of legends in the first place. What's to stop them from bringing it up a notch from the current 14 of DP up to 20 legendaries in the next generation? That's almost 8% of the entire regional dex for each region. Less so for a larger National Dex, sure, but the point is that if they keep pumping out legendaries with each generation containing more than the last, eventually there'll be more legends than normal Pokemon. I think "legendary" loses its meaning when applied to so many new creations. If something becomes so common in the games, how can they be legendary? I think it loses its meaning.

I like some legendaries, but I think they're starting to overdo it and should wind it down next generation and focus on better, new non-legendaries. And if they really want to focus on legendaries, they could try giving us the oppurtunity to actually catch Pokemon like Mew and Celebi in the game without having to travel around for game events all the time or get stupid [random] Tickets to get to [random] Island.

Bah. I wish I could trade my Celebi from Generation II into my Diamond, but that two aren't compatible. I can basically never get a Celebi in a legit fashion unless I want to move to Japan and stalk Nintendo there to see when the next Celebi is given away. That or get it through a trade, which I don't see ending well for me. Humbug.

austin00081
July 9th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I don't mind legendaries, but I hate how everyone uses them. In the games and show there are only one of each legendary, and to see a team with two hacked Lugias just bothers me.

hothead
July 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Who moved this to Diamond and pearl it makes no sence being here because im not talking about Legendaries from Diamond and pearl im talking about them in GENERAL

Jubilation
July 10th, 2008, 01:52 AM
I dispise of ALL legendary pokemon. I'd rather use a pokemon that doesn't require to just send it out & win it out because of it's "omgawsomehackability"

gotron228
July 10th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I put down i hate them even though i like some like Darkrai and Giratina mainly because dark/ghost pokemon are my specialty in games. but they are way to Uber for my liking when you get them they are way to strong.

Smarties-chan
July 10th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Why is it that so many people don't see the difference between an Uber and a legendary? @_@ Not all legendaries are overpowered; Entei, for example, suffers badly from Narrow Movepool Syndrome and there are several "normal" Pokémon with equal or higher base stat total than many legendaries, some of which have arguably better typing, stat distribution and/or movepool. Non-uber legendaries require just as much skill to use as "normal" Pokémon and some of them are actually quite tricky to use.

That said, yes I do like legendary Pokémon. Uxie has been an invaluable Pokémon for me on Wi-fi and without Zapdos and Azelf, one of my most successful Shoddy teams would be completely ruined. And don't even get me started on Heatran; I absolutely love that thing. It has won many games for me despite that nasty 4x Ground weakness as well as weakness to Water and Fighting. Most of the arguments used by those who oppose the use of legendaries are based completely on assumptions and those that aren't, only apply to Ubers, which are banned from all but their own metagame. That said, a good Uber match is always nice as well. When both players are allowed to use any Pokémon they please, it'll be evened out since both have the right to use those overpowered Pokémon.

Embrace...
July 10th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I'm a big beliver of just using whatever Pokemon you want to. If someone gets 'uber' thats not going to stop you from winning. And you know what I really hate? n00bs who don't like Legendaries because they can't beat them.

LethalTexture
July 10th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Yeah, why is this here? =/ This really does beling in General, and nowhere else.

*moves*

Personally, I like legendary Pokémon. I feel alot of them are well designed, and take alot of patience and time to use well, both in OU and Uber tiers, depending on which legendaries you use. I myself have taken the time to trade around and get a team of good natured Shiny Ubers, although many of them have low IVs, but I don't mind. My favourite is a Modest Shiny Kyogre I rescued from the GTS, and I can see why. If I remember, it has a Speed IV of 14 and a 0 Sp. Atk IV. But if it's OT isn't willing to use it because of that, then I'm happy to use him, as Kyogre is one of my favourites.

In fact, I don't think there are any legendaries that I hate. So I will have to say that yes, I do like them. I've still to look into the Uber metagame seriously, though.

PB
July 10th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Some legendaries are good, many are overratted, and overratted things never live up to expectations.

I do like the legendaries like Lugia and Raquazza that were high levels and could in affect beat the game for you, but the ones in D/P are silly, you get stronger wild Pokemon in Victory Road.

Gummy
July 10th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I like looking at legendaires just as much as I love catching them. I don't play competitively so they are like trophies for me.

Imakuni?
July 10th, 2008, 10:31 AM
The D/P generation introduced way too friggin many.

YOOM-TAH
July 10th, 2008, 11:12 AM
I like them. They're usually attached with a really cool story, unlike the world of useless/meaningless pokemon like Bidoof and such out there. Plus if it weren't for them the movies would suck.

And I couldn't care less about competitive battling and who uses what. Means nothing to me. I'm not going to hate a pokemon because it's overused. I'll hate the people who overuse it.

natbong00
July 10th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I love legendaries because they're the main support of the overall game's plot. The action will always lead to them, they're the highest point in the story.
Though I'm not an avid user of Ubers in battles, I think they have a lot more of a 'soul' than most others.

o.necromancer.o
July 10th, 2008, 01:09 PM
I hate legendaries. They are overrated, I prefer rare pokes that are hard to obtain.

YOOM-TAH
July 10th, 2008, 01:28 PM
I hate legendaries. They are overrated, I prefer rare pokes that are hard to obtain.

Harder to obtain than a pokemon who runs all over the continent and flees the instant you get into battle and once you finally get its HP down it still takes like 50 tries before you actually catch it?

mattrules18
July 11th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Some legendaries are ok like the trios because they are not as powerful as the ubers. I personally like using Articuno.

jirachistar
July 11th, 2008, 05:13 PM
I like using Legendaries. When my friends and I battle, we make rules about whether or not we can use them and how many we can have so that it's fair. They hate having Legendaries because I always use Attack Forme Deoxys though...

InMooseWeTrust
July 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Legendaries aren't that strong and most of them have really crappy movepools. Of course, you won't ever get to see half of their attacks because you catch them at such a high level.

jirachistar
July 11th, 2008, 05:29 PM
To see the rest of their moves, just see that Move Tutor guy that knows everything.

.emerald
July 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
i like legendaries they are the "special" pokemon of each gen.
from hoenn, i like these:http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs198.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs199.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs200.gif,
http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs201.gifhttp://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs202.gif

July 11th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Competatively, people look at all legendaries as "broken" "cheap" and "unfair" There is a difference between legendary and uber.

Personally, I like legendaries. They have a sense of superiority among them, especially the more graceful looking ones. (Ho-Oh, Lugia, Suicune, etc...)

CaspianSun54
July 11th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I used to like them until I realized that they are too OP and it's like cheating when you have them at the level they come at. So I hate legendaries and I will only use one if it is the last one I have left so I can catch some new pokemon. They also take up 1 space in the pack.

airconditioning
July 11th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Please, Entei is far from overpowered.

.emerald
July 11th, 2008, 10:38 PM
YEAH I AGREE, some people consider legendaries us ubers, of course they really are.

Miss Insanity
July 11th, 2008, 10:58 PM
I love Mew and Mewtwo. They are the only legendary pokemon I like. All the others I dislike.

ceremony
July 11th, 2008, 11:03 PM
The D/P generation introduced way too friggin many.

i know. there's like 10 of them. like damn.

i like the birds minus luigia, and mewtwo/mew. cressila is cool, too

July 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM
YEAH I AGREE, some people consider legendaries us ubers, of course they really are.

Entei is uber now? I think you need to read up on your Pokemanz my friend.

Avey
July 12th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Who likes and uses Legendary pokemon

I do not like legendary pokemon and it is not because of wat level there on or anything i simply just do not like them what do u think

Ohh wait there is only 2 legendaries i use Ho-oh and lugia

For some reason this post made me laugh out loud.

As for me, yeah, I like Legendaries. They are the most powerful Pokémon in the anime and complete powerhouses (well, most of them are Ubers, anyways, ain't that right, Shaymin?) in the games. I enjoy wasting loads of time trying to catch them and Pokémon like Latias, Latios, the Legendary Dogs and Mesprit are the most challenging and give you something to do for a while.

Most people that say they don't like Legendaries are normally just trying to act mature when they know nothing of competive battling. Oh, well, life goes on.

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 03:14 AM
Entei is uber now? I think you need to read up on your Pokemanz my friend.

entei?, oh i forgot him...
"most" legendaries are, i mean:paranoid: