PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks your Hp and PP should get fully restored when you level up

hothead
July 9th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Me and My Friend were talking about the future games of pokemon and he mentioned something about when pokemon Levels up it Should get its HP and PP fully Restored i am against the Idea because it makes it a bit to easy and when i play pokemon i prefer a good challenge.
So what do all of you people think

BeachBoy
July 9th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I disagree with adding it, why add another feature that makes the game easier. Do we really need to make it less of a challenge? :/ It's a nice thought, but I think it's pointless honestly.

When get a year older you don't go straight to perfect health! ):<

Jokes aside, I don't see it happening. I mean, if they did add it, I would really dislike it. It'd add such a boost when playing the Elite Four and Gym Leaders. ;/ Nice thought, but shouldn't happen.

t3hjolteon
July 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
That would make it a heckuva lot easier to beat the first couple of gym leaders. Some pokemon gain two levels midfight! Nah, I agree with BeachBoy, it's an unnecessary feature, and pokemon needs to be getting more difficult rather than less difficult.

Skaterzpenguin
July 9th, 2008, 09:24 PM
Dudes I totally agree! I always thought it was weird that they never go up when you grew a level... lol

Glaceon_
July 10th, 2008, 01:32 AM
No way. I know there are some games that do restore health and such, once a level has been attained, (its saved me no end of times, when I've been playing them; I just can't quite remember which game it was... >.> ) but it doesn't exactly promote much of a challenge, if it did occur. I'd pretty much agree with BeachBoy on this; that it'd be a pretty redundant feature in the game, and that I think I'd rather dislike it, despite the convenience it would give, over training Pokemon.

On top of that, it would somewhat defy both ends of the scale, as well; Pokemon take a beating, and need to be healed at Pokemon Centers. If you add a Level Up Recovery feature, Pokemon Centers almost become redundant. Well... aside from the Union Room and WiFi Center, that is.

InMooseWeTrust
July 10th, 2008, 02:06 AM
No, it would make the game too easy because you could be in the middle of a battle with the league champion or something and that would just be unfair.

SherlockHolmeboy
July 10th, 2008, 03:30 AM
Nah, it will give people too much of an advantage if they level up during a really big important fight (like a gym battle or the elite four). It will single handedly ruin Pokemon for everyone.

Lynnx
July 10th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I agree with everyone else; it'd be way to easy if you filled up your Exp bar with only a little to go and went to fight the E4 or something. It would make buying items and healing redundant. =/

LipstickTraces
July 10th, 2008, 04:07 AM
It'd kinda destroy the point of Poke Centres :P I like the idea that I have to go to one to recover my Pokes for free, otherwise I have to use many recovery items. If a Pokemon recovered every level it gained, it'd be a bit random.

YOOM-TAH
July 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM
I thought about it before, and I figured no. Because early on in the game you level up quickly and so you'd pretty much NEVER be in trouble and NEVER need to go to a Pokemon Center.

It might be nice when you're around level 70, but even still, that's what items are for.

Imakuni?
July 10th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I am against the idea of HP restoring when you level up, but I am FOR HP gradually restoring as you wander around.

(Like x% every x steps you take. you get it)

PB
July 10th, 2008, 01:48 PM
I don't agree with it, because you could use a Rare Candy and be fully restored, it would be like a Pokemon Center Item, Plus it would make the game too easy.

Gewitterdrache27
July 10th, 2008, 01:52 PM
No, because

A: Elite Four would be a snap.
B. Gym Leaders would be a piece of Cake.
C. No more Potions.
D. Pokemon Center would go out of business.