PDA

View Full Version : Mosdeep White Rock

Virtual Chatot
July 11th, 2008, 04:34 AM
This has always bugged me, and I have never been able to have a definite answer. In R/S/E, there is a white rock with a girl standing beside it talking about wishing on it with a wish tag. Now this is obviously a remark about Jirachi, but nothing ever came up.

So, do we really know what this white rock really is? Or is it simply an Easter Egg for Jirachi.

Mitchman
July 11th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Easter egg chatot. Just an easter egg. And an excuse for liers ot say it grants you the will to go to space.

Erbe
July 11th, 2008, 04:45 AM
An easter egg, nothing more

Jubilation
July 11th, 2008, 05:38 AM
Well, there is no actual point of it, just there for decoration we assume

Azonic
July 11th, 2008, 06:12 AM
The Mossdeep White Rock has been compared to the White Rock in Sinnoh near Victory Road, in which the user goes to an event to find Shaymin. The White Rock doesn't do anything though. You can't go into space with a white rock. >>;

Ninja Caterpie
July 11th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Nup. Nothing. Zilch. Just like the Lighthouse in Slateport, except you can talk to this thing.

It's only strange because it's white when everything els is brown.
If it was in the white rocks in the Sevii Islands, it would be a lot less inconspicuous...xD

DialgaDiamond
July 11th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Oh! I always wondered that too!

Yoshimi
July 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Its supposed to make the player play the game more to see if the white rock has a secret.
but it has absolutely no purpose, just like the house in sootopolis, where the door is blocked my boxes or plants.
so its an easter egg with no real purpose.
but i didn't even try using a wish tag on it because i knew, or thought, it was bogus.
you can check in advancemap if it has a special script, but i doubt it.

jirachistar
July 11th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I believe that white rock has no purpose and was put in there to MAKE US THINK WE COULD CATCH JIRACHI!

Virtual Chatot
July 11th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Its supposed to make the player play the game more to see if the white rock has a secret.
but it has absolutely no purpose, just like the house in sootopolis, where the door is blocked my boxes or plants.
so its an easter egg with no real purpose.
but i didn't even try using a wish tag on it because i knew, or thought, it was bogus.
you can check in advancemap if it has a special script, but i doubt it.Although you're wrong about the door in Sootopolis, its actually something that has to do with E-Reader.

Ninja Caterpie
July 12th, 2008, 11:34 PM
I checked it on advance map. It has no special scripts. Just a simple message. "It's a white rock."
Oh, hang on!
What's this?

No, I'm joking. There's nothing. Really.

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 11:42 PM
the white rock??
its has no use besides its decoration....
its nothing more...

i 1st thought it was a jirachi because the girl said "wish tag"
as you know jirachi is a wish maker but the rock is nothing....http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/pkrs201.gif

Cobja619
July 12th, 2008, 11:51 PM
It would be cool if that was a link towards catching Jirachi, but like it's already said, it's like an add, you want to have it (wish tag) and see what it does (white rock) I relised that it wasn't 4 jirachi when jirachi was only nintendo eventable =(

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I relised that it wasn't 4 jirachi when jirachi was only nintendo eventable =(

dude, he isn't nintendo eventable
i think you can get him with pokemon colesseum bonus disk...

Cobja619
July 12th, 2008, 11:57 PM
oh, I realy shouldn't be listning to my friend... (what a liar pants...) My frined traded me one and said he got it on, what is it? Pokemon box i think it's called...

.emerald
July 12th, 2008, 11:59 PM
oh, I realy shouldn't be listning to my friend... (what a liar pants...) My frined traded me one and said he got it on, what is it? Pokemon box i think it's called...
dude, use the internet more often,(although some people are liars)i get most of my info in the internet.

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Meh, I don't usually use the net for my Pokemon info (excluding this web site! =) He gave me a REAL Jirachi but now he has a LV. 100 shiny jarachi met on route 202...
XD LOL

.emerald
July 13th, 2008, 12:02 AM
Meh, I don't usually use the net for my Pokemon info (excluding this web site! =) He gave me a REAL Jirachi but now he has a LV. 100 shiny jarachi met on route 202...
XD LOL

you, know how to clone right??
(I NEED ONE!!!)

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 12:03 AM
You mean mine or his? His is hacked so... Mine is real but I've got to find my game chip first. (It's in my room, somewhere...)

.emerald
July 13th, 2008, 12:05 AM
You mean mine or his? His is hacked so... Mine is real but I've got to find my game chip first. (It's in my room, somewhere...)

is it VBA or GBA??
you said it was hacked, & whats a game chip?? did you mean a game pack??

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 12:07 AM
No the jirachi is mine non shiny non hacked and it's on my diamond game chip.

.emerald
July 13th, 2008, 12:09 AM
but you said it was traded from your friend...

Ausaudriel
July 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Guuuuys, you're getting totally offtopic here. D: Try to stick to the point, please.

Sushi.
July 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM
I really wish that the White Rock reveals Jirachi, but sadly no. Which I'm surprise about it.

Tyrantrum
July 13th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I heard about that too. :\
Kind of like the space Center thing: Going into space when u reach 100 successful launches.
Just a bunch of bull crap. :\
I'm going with what makunouchi said though, too.
Just an easter egg to get people to play longer and figure it out.
That and the door with boxes/trees.
Also, a while ago, when I was looking at Mossdeep, I never saw any "special" script on the rock.

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
July 13th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Actually, since the ROMs of ruby, sapphire and emerald were made, the games scriptiong weren't complete. I made the rock work for real. You actually need to make the ruby work by capturing 237 pokemon in order(includes shinies.) When I got it to work, all I got was a useless Spell Tag... Your second Spell Tag in the game... And no, this wasn't a hack, I don't know how tro script well... I did it when I got the game in 2003 and in 2004 I got it to activate... I was only... 8 years old, and I still remember it. Try doing it yourself. If it does't work, then something is missing to the game. Me and about 100 people at a book store had a little party about pokemon still living and what it made us today. And now, most of us had a ruby/sapphire game and we got it to work. 001 to 237 pokemon are to be caught in that order. Including shinies. I used to be a pokemon ruby and sapphire pokenerd... But for emerald... It doesn't work...

[K]evin "The Last Eeveon"
July 13th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Yea I Kinda Wanted To Know About That As Well. Nothing Really. If It Was Well We All Would Have Known Just A Regular Space Rock. Nothing Much

Cobja619
July 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM
the door with the boxes in front is an e-reader thing, I have one. My frined said on Emerald, when 100 launches of the rocket, you go to the back of the sapce station where the rockets are and a door opens and you go to space to catch deoxys and Jirachi. What a load of dino-poo.

.emerald
July 14th, 2008, 01:24 AM
the door with the boxes in front is an e-reader thing, I have one. My frined said on Emerald, when 100 launches of the rocket, you go to the back of the sapce station where the rockets are and a door opens and you go to space to catch deoxys and Jirachi. What a load of dino-poo.
Told you.you should ask other sources before assuming it is the truth(its just a stupid space rock...)

Guitar God in Training
July 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
The white rock is useless but the door with boxes in Mossdeep has trainers behind it, you need an e-Reader and certain e-Cards to access it.

.emerald
July 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
The white rock is useless but the door with boxes in Mossdeep has trainers behind it, you need an e-Reader and certain e-Cards to access it.

sure about that???is it also similar in emerald, the one in sootopolis???

Cobja619
July 14th, 2008, 11:25 PM
The door with the boxes when e-reader scanned, you can vs special trainers. Theres one I have and the guy has lv 100 regirock, ice and steel. XD

.emerald
July 14th, 2008, 11:31 PM
The door with the boxes when e-reader scanned, you can vs special trainers. Theres one I have and the guy has lv 100 regirock, ice and steel. XD
is it sapphire?????or emerald?

ScyKinG
July 15th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I think thats in Emerald but I am not 100% sure.

.emerald
July 15th, 2008, 01:05 AM
emerald???i think that door is nothing.......

Hiroshi Uwishicarwei
July 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Actually, since the ROMs of ruby, sapphire and emerald were made, the games scriptiong weren't complete. I made the rock work for real. You actually need to make the ruby work by capturing 237 pokemon in order(includes shinies.) When I got it to work, all I got was a useless Spell Tag... Your second Spell Tag in the game... And no, this wasn't a hack, I don't know how tro script well... I did it when I got the game in 2003 and in 2004 I got it to activate... I was only... 8 years old, and I still remember it. Try doing it yourself. If it does't work, then something is missing to the game. Me and about 100 people at a book store had a little party about pokemon still living and what it made us today. And now, most of us had a ruby/sapphire game and we got it to work. 001 to 237 pokemon are to be caught in that order. Including shinies. I used to be a pokemon ruby and sapphire pokenerd... But for emerald... It doesn't work...

Like I said before, you only get a Spell Tag. This going to space with 100 rocket count or whatever is bull. I made it to 100 also, still nothing. If proof were made by nintendo, then we are pretty much... Screwed...

Cassino
July 16th, 2008, 05:17 PM
I personally think the 'wish tag' is an omikuji (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omikuji) or similar object. The Pokemon games are Japanese so I wouldn't be surprised to see a religious or cultural referrence at some point. I don't think it has anything to do with Jirachi at all.

Charizard EX
July 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM
It's just a decoration. It makes us eager to get something special but It's just a White rock......white rock.

.emerald
July 18th, 2008, 01:54 AM
I personally think the 'wish tag' is an omikuji (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omikuji) or similar object. The Pokemon games are Japanese so I wouldn't be surprised to see a religious or cultural referrence at some point. I don't think it has anything to do with Jirachi at all.

yeah, but don't you think "wish tags" are related to jirachi???

Zowayix
July 18th, 2008, 03:53 AM

Yep, in R/S you need an e-reader to access the room to battle trainers scanned with Battle e-cards, but the e-reader was discontinued in the US after R/S was released, but not in Japan. In Jap FR/LG/E the room was still open for e-reader cards, but in the US versions of those games they just blocked the room.

.emerald
July 18th, 2008, 04:30 AM
US versions of those games they just blocked the room.

you mean the trees & the door that is locked???

Cobja619
July 21st, 2008, 01:27 AM
I have an e-reader an it worked on my friends ruby.

P.S: He got P OWNED by the guy with lv.100 regis XD)

Ashley Tisdale
July 21st, 2008, 05:02 AM
I Think no space for Ruby and it's clean so they put it maybe?.. and also you can get a item there will you im not sure ^_^

.emerald
July 21st, 2008, 06:28 AM
I have an e-reader an it worked on my friends ruby.

P.S: He got P OWNED by the guy with lv.100 regis XD)

Seriously?What are the pokemon there anyway??
(In emerald, i think, its the minigames placed there...)

Cassino
July 22nd, 2008, 12:28 PM
yeah, but don't you think "wish tags" are related to jirachi???
Hmm... *quick trip to Bulbapedia*

A legend states that Jirachi will make true any wish that is written on the notes attached to its head when it awakens.
So the girl has a wish tag, Jirachi has three blue ones sprouting from its head... I don't see a connection though, because:
In Mossdeep, there is a white rock which holds a special meaning to the people at the space center. They placed the rock outside of the space center as their wish for their rockets to fly safely.
I can't recall what the girl says, but unless she hints at Jirachi she just wants the rockets to be safe.

.emerald
July 23rd, 2008, 05:21 AM
Yeah,but don't you think there is some relation??

EvilMuffinKate
July 26th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Actually it's purpose is only decoration. The wish tags that the girl beside the rock mentioned... maybe it's related to the rock and the rock is related to jirachi. For all I know, Jirachi is obtainable in I think the Colosseum/ Nintendo Event...
And could be found in the Space Center like Deoxys.