PDA

View Full Version : Why do people get both of the Pokemo Games?

PB
July 12th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Basically as the question says, for you people who get Diamond and Pearl, Ruby and Sapphire. Why?

Do you have two DS? so you can do trades?

I've always been curious of this.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 12:07 PM
I bought both of the games because I have a DS and a DS Lite. I also bought both of the other games because I have a GBA and a GBA SP. I do trade with myself!

King Syn
July 12th, 2008, 12:15 PM
So you can get all the pokemon.

iLike2EatPiez
July 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I get both more for the sake of playing through the game more than once, without deleting an important save file. Most of the time (like with D/P), I'll completely beat one game first without touching the other, and then trade all my best Pokemon from the previous games to it. Then, I beat the other (Pearl, in this case), trade Pokemon from the file to (Diamond), and start a new game. Pretty much, I have one game for the fun of playing through in-game and gathering Pokemon and items for trade, and the other for all the major stuff like EV-Training when I do use it, breeding, and the like.

Also, it just gives me the feeling of being a more complete Pokemon gamer in general. Not really sure why, but it feels right to have both Diamond AND Pearl rather than just Diamond or just Pearl. Maybe I'm just obsessed? XD

JKLAZ
July 12th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I get one and usually i get my friends to get the other one. In one case (fr lg) i had both.. for a reason still unknown to me.

fluffy
July 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM
cuz i feel like im betta than all the otha ppl w/ only 1... lol jk i just like having both cuz well i got 2 ds so i get all the good pokes on 1 (usually the 1 wit the betta poke on the cova) and the otha i mess wit and get eggs and such

mattrules18
July 12th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I just hate when people think there's such a big difference between the two. Like my cousin made us go to like 20 different stores beause they all had Pearl but not Diamond. That just really bothers me.

BakingBluePotatoe
July 13th, 2008, 05:15 AM
perhaps he REALLY wanted Dialga or something?

I got Firered for the sole purpose of getting a Growlithe/Arcanine =3 (well, that and I was itchin' for a new adventure)

Now, I have had Pearl ever since... May (May last year) was it? So why would I want a Daimond game a year later?
It was the cheaper way of getting out of the "I have to many Pokemon in my boxes and I can't do anything more now" problem.

And now I have TWO DSes (One Lite and one Original) so if I wanted to play against myself I can do whenever I want as long as I have them both.

LipstickTraces
July 13th, 2008, 05:20 AM
So you can get all the pokemon.

Yes, this is what I do. I don't think I'll be able to afford two DS consoles at this time, but eventually I bet I do invest in another.

Plus the monsters you trade get more experience points so you can raise them quicker... am I right? ;)

I get both more for the sake of playing through the game more than once, without deleting an important save file. Most of the time (like with D/P), I'll completely beat one game first without touching the other, and then trade all my best Pokemon from the previous games to it. Then, I beat the other (Pearl, in this case), trade Pokemon from the file to (Diamond), and start a new game. Pretty much, I have one game for the fun of playing through in-game and gathering Pokemon and items for trade, and the other for all the major stuff like EV-Training when I do use it, breeding, and the like.

Also, it just gives me the feeling of being a more complete Pokemon gamer in general. Not really sure why, but it feels right to have both Diamond AND Pearl rather than just Diamond or just Pearl. Maybe I'm just obsessed? XD

Hehe, yes, you feel like you are missing out with just one of the games. Since somebody could come along and show that they have a better line up than you on the game which you haven't got. :( lol

airconditioning
July 13th, 2008, 05:44 AM
The whole 'having different Pokemon' reason is moot with D/P. WHY HELLO THERE WIFI TRADING.

Euphoric Magikarp
July 13th, 2008, 07:42 AM
I never waste my money on both games, I just get one. I never cared about catching them all :3.

I guess everyone else does it so they can trade or somethin.

timmieboy1995
July 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM
obviusly, to trade and complete there pokedex.Myself, i dont really care about it though..

Alli
July 13th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I get both of them so that one can be a storage pack and I can keep playing the other one.

As for Ruby/Sapphire, I got both of them for trading. I orignally had Sapphire first and later that year decided to get Ruby for my birthday. So, for three years, Sapphire was storage, and Ruby was playable. Now I have two Emeralds, one for storage, so I have a playable Sapphire, Emerald, and Ruby.

Basically, I like to play through the plot and raise Pokemon I haven't raised before to see how good they are.

Amoeba
July 13th, 2008, 01:04 PM
For the first three generations I bought multiple games (I was missing only Ruby and Leaf Green, I had all the rest) puely because I had nobody else to trade with. I had no friends that even played the games any more. My only real option was to trade with myself.

For the first gen games I had my N64 and Stadium 1 and 2, so I did my trades through that. For the likes of Alakazam and Gengar I needed to use my link cable with my SP and GBA. I no longer know where my link cable or GBA are.

For Ruby, Emerald and Fire Red I used Colosseum on the Gamecube.

However, for Pearl I have no hopes of trading, so there would be no use in getting Diamond. I won't ever be able to get Battle Fronteir since I'll never have a Wii (don't want to get an expensive console for just one game, and have no other intention in getting a Wii) and I don't have a USB wi-fi device for going online either.

Maybe I'll get one eventually.

But there are my reasons for buying multiple games.

Sweet Candace
July 13th, 2008, 01:12 PM
The people want to complete the Pokedex in that game or games. It's basically the only reason people buy more than one game in that generation

.Eevee-Chan
July 13th, 2008, 02:29 PM
I guess to trade with themselves to complete the Dex.

Spenny
July 13th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Because there are Pokemon in one game that you can't get in the other.