PDA

View Full Version : Jynx

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Why doesnt she have an eveloution?I mean,Magmar and Electabuzz have ones,so dont you think Jynx deserves one too?

July 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
Because Jynx is strong enough as she is. She doesn't need one.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Not compared to Elctrivire and Magmortar....they may be ugly,but you have to admit they are strong.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:01 PM
When I saw that Magmar and Electabuzz got new evolutions, I wondered the same thing. I thought the three were grouped together because they all got baby Pokemon at the same time.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:05 PM
They are...er..were grouped together,so Im wanna know why jynx got left out

July 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Not compared to Elctrivire and Magmortar....they may be ugly,but you have to admit they are strong.

Electivire? Strong? He's an overrated piece of garbage! He can't hurt anything is walled for eternity in the OU metagame. Magmortar is strong though, but he lacks speed. Jynx has both speed AND power, something neither Vire or Tar have.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Exactly!! Now I need to find out too! I WANT TO KNOW WHY JYNX GOT LEFT OUT!
Did she do something bad?! Is it...because she's female only?!

July 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Exactly!! Now I need to find out too! I WANT TO KNOW WHY JYNX GOT LEFT OUT!
Did she do something bad?! Is it...because she's female only?!

/facepalm

No, it's because she's strong enough as it is. She has speed AND power, something Magmortar nor Vire have. Vire has speed (not great speed, but meh) and Maggy has Power (awesome with Choice Specs)

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Electivire? Strong? He's an overrated piece of garbage! He can't hurt anything is walled for eternity in the OU metagame. Magmortar is strong though, but he lacks speed. Jynx has both speed AND power, something neither Vire or Tar have.

Ha,that was funny.....oh wait,you were serious,let me laugh even harder.and they are bulky,they arent supposed to have speed,just power.

July 12th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Ha,that was funny.....oh wait,you were serious,let me laugh even harder.and they are bulky,they arent supposed to have speed,just power.

Electivire? Bulky? Are you serious? Vire can't take a SE hit and neither can Magmortar? Heck, they can barely take neutral hits. I'm guessing you don't even play OU, because you should know better than that.

And that color burns my eyes 0.0

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I once again agree with you, PhantomSyndrome. They're not exactly fast...

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Electivire? Bulky? Are you serious? Vire can't take a SE hit and neither can Magmortar? Heck, they can barely take neutral hits. I'm guessing you don't even play OU, because you should know better than that.

And that color burns my eyes 0.0

Nope,the only OU I think I have is Salamence. I use UU and BL pokemon only.

July 12th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Only Magmotar is powerful among the two. Vire can't hurt anything. It looks good on paper, but is about as useful as a Magikarp with Tackle in the OU metagame.

EDIT: You plat UU? That's where Vire should've been in the first place.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I think that must've been a major insult to Electivire.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM
No,Ill play anyone...........we have gotten way off topic and need to get back to Jynx.....

July 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Like I said, Jynx is a very balanced Pokemon that can actually fare well in the OU metagame, though UU is where it really shines.

Oh yeah, BL IS OU, so you do play in the OU metagame.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
PhantomSyndrome, I'm sorry we're getting so off topic. I know this is supposed to be about Jynx...

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Tis why it needs an eveloution.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Yes, she needs an evolution but King Tyranitar obviously doesn't think so.

July 12th, 2008, 05:22 PM
God, it doesn't. NOT EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE OU. It is a great addition to UU, it's got a good offensive/speed typing, and let's just leave it at that.

EDIT: I don't think so. My opinion is as good as yours, therefore, that post was a waste and you should delete it...Like, right now.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Why are you so against a new evolution, King Tyranitar?!

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Im just saying...that mediocre defense...it wouldnt survive a rockslide,plus most dragons can outrun it.

July 12th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Why are you so against a new evolution, King Tyranitar?!

I'm not against it, she just doesn't need it. It'd be a waste. I already posted my reasons. Read them and stop making useless posts like these.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Just sayin,185 drfense at lvl 100is suckish...

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I'm sorry! I'll shut up and stop talking about stupid, inane comments. I'm just stating my opinions and agreeing with PhantomSyndrome. As an ice-type, she could use some more power and speed to go against the big dragons.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
other Pokemon like froslass outclass her in every way,and its UU aswell

July 12th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Just sayin,185 drfense at lvl 100is suckish...

Have you been reading ANYTHING I've posted? Jynx is not meant to take a hit. That's why it has 361 SpA and 317 Speed. Read before making a post please.

I'm sorry! I'll shut up and stop talking about stupid, inane comments. I'm just stating my opinions and agreeing with PhantomSyndrome. As an ice-type, she could use some more power and speed to go against the big dragons.

She can own most of the big dragons today since not all of them run 252 Speed, which she does. And she's not meant to be an OU contendor. She's UU, and does a great job in there.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:38 PM
What?most dragons speeds are in the 320's,and a Vibrava can easily outrun 252 speed.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Yes, some dragons are pretty fast and most can learn fire-type moves. A fast dragon like Flygon can know Crunch too. Jynx should be able to take a hit.

July 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM
What?most dragons speeds are in the 320's,and a Vibrava can easily outrun 252 speed.

Salamence with min. speed has 299 speed. No one goes with 252 Speed on Salamence.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Do you Wi-Fi? Most people have salamence EVed in attack,spcl attack and speed,same with that shark thing called garchomp so jynx=dead

July 12th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'm not talking about Garchomp. It usually has Yache Berry.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:52 PM
And what bout dragonite and kingdra? They'd completely obliterate the poor thing....not to mention charizard

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yep, you can't forget about those fast fire-types too. Charizard, Infernape... Jynx doesn't stand a chance!

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 05:56 PM
My main point is,it has to be able to take a hit.Look at Abomasnowit can take a Blast buurn from a charizard,and if only with a little health,still survive

July 12th, 2008, 06:04 PM
And what bout dragonite and kingdra? They'd completely obliterate the poor thing....not to mention charizard

Dragonite is slower than Jynx, and cannot stay in against it. Jynx is not meant to stay in against Charizard.

Yep, you can't forget about those fast fire-types too. Charizard, Infernape... Jynx doesn't stand a chance!

/facepalm, read above.

My main point is,it has to be able to take a hit.Look at Abomasnowit can take a Blast buurn from a charizard,and if only with a little health,still survive

So? Abomasnow and Jynx serve too different purposes.

I'm confused. WHY does Jynx need to be OU? It's fine as it is. Not all Pokemon need to be powerful and OU and everything.

mystletainn
July 12th, 2008, 06:08 PM
As anyone knows, I'm Jynx's number one fan. While at first I was outraged it didn't get an evolution, my opinion changed over time. As KT said, not everything needs to be made OU. Her typing is decent, her stats are good (except as you said its Defense, but you can't have a perfect Pokemon), and her special move pool is spectacular. While her Speed, Defense, and HP make her slightly difficult to use in OU, she really does shine in UU. There's the lovely Luna Set, and she runs Choice Items spectacularly. She also is capable of surprising Blissey with a Perish Trapping set and taking down the best special wall in the game. While she's also knocked for being less than attractive (which I say is quite unfair of an assessment), she's a pretty cool Pokemon. Perhaps too cool for Nintendo and Game Freak to give an evolution to.

Also, Magmar, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Electivire, nor Jynx are bulky in anyway. They thrive as offensive Pokemon, not Pokemon to take hits.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Dragonite my be slower but it has the defenses to be able to take a good wacking from an ice type

and I never said it should be OU.

July 12th, 2008, 06:09 PM
As anyone knows, I'm Jynx's number one fan. While at first I was outraged it didn't get an evolution, my opinion changed over time. As KT said, not everything needs to be made OU. Her typing is decent, her stats are good (except as you said its Defense, but you can't have a perfect Pokemon), and her special move pool is spectacular. While her Speed, Defense, and HP make her slightly difficult to use in OU, she really does shine in UU. There's the lovely Luna Set, and she runs Choice Items spectacularly. She also is capable of surprising Blissey with a Perish Trapping set and taking down the best special wall in the game. While she's also knocked for being less than attractive (which I say is quite unfair of an assessment), she's a pretty cool Pokemon. Perhaps too cool for Nintendo and Game Freak to give an evolution to.

Also, Magmar, Electabuzz, Magmortar, Electivire, nor Jynx are bulky in anyway. They thrive as offensive Pokemon, not Pokemon to take hits.

The Goddess Speaks! Thank you, this is exactly what I've been trying to say. Jynx is unique, has a very good offensive typing, and has a movepool most would kill for.

jirachistar
July 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe people did think she was too cool. I never thought about giving her a choice item... (This is way off-topic, but I'm glad someone's joined the debate.)

July 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
If Jynx got an evolution, she would be OU. If they raised her speed or SpA, it'd qualify for OU to be honest. It's movepool is already awesome, and if her speed was around 110? She'd outrun them dragons.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
The Goddess Speaks! Thank you, this is exactly what I've been trying to say. Jynx is unique, has a very good offensive typing, and has a movepool most would kill for.

So does Froslass.......................

July 12th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Froslass doesn't have awesome Special Attack. Jynx has 361 Base SpA, while Froslass has only 284. Quite a large difference if you ask me.

Lalapizzame
July 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Jynx has plenty of potential already, fantastic, except for looks and has that awesome 115 SpA and Ice type STAB. It also has that fantastic ability to run 3 very good sets and 95 Base Speed is still very good. Electivire can't hurt a Caterpie, seriously. While Magmortar can, it is too slow. Jynx is a perfect balance of power and Speed. Which, if given an evo, will surely become at least BL material with a possible boosted Speed and that already big SpA.
EDIT: on to Frosslass...it can't hurt anything. I'm sure you would call 284 SpA medicore especially considering Jynx reaches 266 SpA with 0 EVs in SpA and a neutral nature. :D

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Point?thats still enough to kill a dragon.plus froslass outruns every dragon,including mence and chomp

July 12th, 2008, 06:23 PM
And? That means Jynx is enough to kill any dragon since she has more SpA than Froslass. Just before you said Dragonite could take a hit from Jynx. Thus you just contradicted yourself, meaning you should just stop arguing.

Valarauca
July 12th, 2008, 07:04 PM
So Jynx's Evo would be an uber, no doubt about it. I used some basic math to figure out what it's base stats*.

Jynx's Evo base stats, compared to deoxys normal (an uber).

Jynx Deoxys
Hp~ 85 50
Att~ 65 150
Def~ 45 50
SpA~ 150 150
SpD~ 125 50
Spe~ 125 150

As you can see, it would do some serious wreaking...

* here how i got the numbers

Ok, I used ratio's and averages to get these numbers, by taking the average increase from second to third evo's of mag fam, gen fam, alakazam fam, porygon fam, blissey fam. Found the average, take the addative inverse of this (1-x) multi by jynx's spA, then find the ratio of jynx's SpA to each one of its stats (the ratio number is strange but if you keep in clac you will get a number divisable by 5), then you can see what the stats might be.

Finally I think jynx was going to have a thrid Evo but when the game designers saw how over powered it would be they didn't released, because holy crap look at them base stats, I'll refine my claculations over night a release the numbers based on all 3 family evo spa, which should be more accurate and less. *shruggs*

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 07:12 PM
COmpare it to Deoxys A or Deoxys D and see what you get.

July 12th, 2008, 07:19 PM
COmpare it to Deoxys A or Deoxys D and see what you get.

DEOXYS-D AND JYNX ARE TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF POKEMON. Sorry, but you're so ignorant it's sad.

Deoxys-a has the following spread

Priority owns it though

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Yeaaaah.....I asked because I was curious,not to prove anything.

July 12th, 2008, 07:28 PM
So you admit that was a waste of a post? Because Deoxys-D and Jynx's New Evo (fanmade) are two completely different things.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 07:29 PM
They are both psychic types.....

July 12th, 2008, 07:37 PM
They are both psychic types.....

Okay, I'm done with you. You have to be kidding me. Deoxys-d is a wall, Jynx is a sweeper. Don't argue with me if you know nothing of the competative metagames.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Wow,I really wondered how long it would take me to annoy you til you finally gave in.Also who didn't know that,that defense obviously makes it a wall.

kabigon
July 12th, 2008, 07:47 PM
jinx didnt get an evo because pokemon that give little children nightmares dont deserve evos and jinx is one creepy pokemon.

Syn
July 12th, 2008, 07:53 PM
lol..........but magmortar and electrivire are both hideous

kabigon
July 12th, 2008, 07:55 PM
Well it could just be that gamefreak is sexist....

July 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Wow,I really wondered how long it would take me to annoy you til you finally gave in.Also who didn't know that,that defense obviously makes it a wall.

You have my answer in PM. And nice try trying to save face.

Erbe
July 12th, 2008, 07:58 PM
jeez, good question. i never really noticed until now!

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 03:15 AM
.........................You really just noticed that?

PB
July 13th, 2008, 03:19 AM
I think one of the main reasons that theres no Jynx final form, and why there will probably never be one is because lots of people complained about Jynx and probably wouldnt want too see a new form, so Jynx will be left because Gamefreak and Nintendo faced alot of angry people when they first saw Jynx.

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 03:25 AM
?.........................Mind filling me in? complained? about what?

Sweet Speed
July 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM
?.........................Mind filling me in? complained? about what?
Oh yeah i remember this. Apperantly because Jynx was black or something, people thought this was racist. I'm black but I didn't really care, something weird happened to it in the Anime I think.

KKN
July 13th, 2008, 04:06 AM
It would seem like PokeCo. to make an evolution for Jynx, even if her stats are fine as they are. I'd say, if they did decide to make one, the speed would drop and defense would rise. Hopefully the evolution would look better than Jynx.

hothead
July 13th, 2008, 04:37 AM
I personally do not like Jinx and i would like nothing more than for it to crawl in a hole and die but i do think it should of had an evoution she did get a raw deal Cause if you look at it in Second Gen

Jinx Magma and Electabuzz all got pre evolutions
Smochums Magby Elekid and now in Gen 5 2/3 of them got Evolution
Poor MAgmortar Electrive
Jinx she
got left out

So as much as hate Jinx with a passsion she dose deserve a new evolution evan though she is the better of the 3

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 07:12 AM
Oh yeah i remember this. Apperantly because Jynx was black or something, people thought this was racist. I'm black but I didn't really care, something weird happened to it in the Anime I think.

Same here.........................wait,Jynx is purple.....

PB
July 13th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Jynx was orginally Black Skinned and was complained to something called "Black Face" (I think thats what it was..) Anyway, this offeneded People and they complained, This is why lots of Jynx episodes were skipped in the US, and why Jynx hasn't appeared in the Anime until it was re-coulored purple.

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Oooooooooookayyyyyy..........

mystletainn
July 13th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Seriously Phantom, stop bypassing the character limit with "......." and okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. It's against the rules. And two, if the sole purpose of your posts was to annoy KT, then that too is against the rules.

Jynx is fine the way she is. If she gets an evolution, that's great. But if she doesn't, she'll be fine. And spell her name right people.

Azonic
July 13th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I knew that Apostle would post here. >>;

What I say is that... Jynx doesn't need an evolution. We've already seen that the spriting for Pokemon evolutions Nintendo makes is crap. Seriously. D: I don't want to see, like, an old lady Jynx evolution with pigtails. Jynx is strong enough as is, she can sweep in UU fairly well , even though her physical defense sucks (but hey, she's a sweeper. Defenses don't really matter). Special Defense is stable though. She used to be in Borderline in the previous generation. Electivire and Magmortar are crap - ugly and stinky. They still can't sweep for their life. >>;

Gokey Shuckle
July 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
If this thread gets way out of hand with rule-breaking, I will close it.

Don't provoke anyone and don't be a pain in the butt. Thanks.

Eternal Nightmare
July 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
I knew that Apostle would post here. >>;

What I say is that... Jynx doesn't need an evolution. We've already seen that the spriting for Pokemon evolutions Nintendo makes is crap. Seriously. D: I don't want to see, like, an old lady Jynx evolution with pigtails. Jynx is strong enough as is, she can sweep in UU fairly well , even though her physical defense sucks (but hey, she's a sweeper. Defenses don't really matter). Special Defense is stable though. She used to be in Borderline in the previous generation. Electivire and Magmortar are crap - ugly and stinky. They still can't sweep for their life. >>;

Pigtails XD, yeah she is a pretty decent sweeper but I do think she deserves an evolution, even if she is more ugly or beautiful. As a Jynx fan I support of her having an evolution, she will probably be more capable and she will be able to pack a punch, not real punch, sweeping punch. So yeah, wonder what she wil look like 0_0.

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Hopefully not any worse than electrivire or magmortar...

July 13th, 2008, 06:33 PM
For gods sakes people, Magmortar is an awesome Pokemon. It's Electivire that sucks. And if Jynx got an evolution, Nintendo would absolutely ruin her. Look at Buzz. Awesome Pokemon, very versatile. BAM. EVire comes and completely ruins him.

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 06:50 PM
We were talking about how she would look dude.....

July 13th, 2008, 07:26 PM
We were talking about how she would look dude.....

Considering you haven't made a single good post, I'm just going to ignore you. And yes, I was talking about Vire's looks.

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Dude,then stop posting in this thread,its that simple.

jirachistar
July 13th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Um, are we getting off topic again? Aren't we supposed to be talking about Jynx? (I think we've got a pretty good discussion about her already though...)

Syn
July 13th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Considering you haven't made a single good post, I'm just going to ignore you. And yes, I was talking about Vire's looks.

You said versatile,so that made me think you were talking about stats.....

July 13th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Dude,then stop posting in this thread,its that simple.

I've been posting on topic this entire thread. Just because you've been stupid and decided to post off-topic garbage doesn't mean I can't post related things.

Aside from that, if Jynx did get an evolution, hopefully they'd make her seem mildly normal. God only knows how badly they did Lickilicky.

Mr.Mystery
July 14th, 2008, 08:17 AM
I think there is going to be a Jynx evolution. I remember along time ago I saw a picture of Pryncice, Jynx's evolution.

Syn
July 14th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Is this what you mean by pryncice? Its fan made.

http://www.pokegraph.com/galeries/albums/mages/Pryncice_by_MagesPages.jpg

kazuya.
July 14th, 2008, 08:26 AM
Jynx... Oh...

I actually care less about her... Actually does not care at all. LOL

I can't imagine what would be her evolution like though...

Looking like 80 years old? (^_^)"

And even though she's the original 151 pokemons (which I really like because of the originality), Jynx is a pokemon that I won't bother to capture/train unless I wanna crack jokes with my friends. XD

Syn
July 14th, 2008, 08:29 AM
By jokes what would you mean,?

kazuya.
July 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM
By jokes what would you mean,?

My friend likes to randomly sending out a Jynx to annoy me. First, Lovely Kissing my pokemon and starts wake-up slapping or double-slapping.

My friend: *after lovely kissing my pokemon* Hmm my big lips taste good right?
Me: Geez, sexual harassment. (-_-)"
My friend: *Jynx started to use double-slap*
Me: *Yell, yet refuse to switch another pokemon* Stop that b***h-slapping! (\_/)

It's disturbing to see a Jynx slapping your pokemon...

Kinda stupid, I know. XD

Syn
July 14th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Thats not as embarrasing as a Jigglypuff doubleslapping a machamp for 2 damage...

Sweet Speed
July 14th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Thats not as embarrasing as a Jigglypuff doubleslapping a machamp for 2 damage...
XD, that would be weird and funny at the same time. I wonder how a Jigglypuff and a Machamp would match up.

On Topic - A Jynx evolution would be fun to play with, don't you think?