PDA

View Full Version : Do you really try to catch'em all?

Euphoric Magikarp
July 14th, 2008, 01:12 PM
This is something I've always kind of wondered. Do you or maybe anyone you know try to catch'em all? When the first games came out that's what I wanted to do, but then when the second gen came out and there were more, I started to lose interest in catching them all. The 3rd gen was definently the end of me ever trying to catch'em all. So instead I just get the Pokemon I want and focus on beating the game. With 493 Pokemon now, do you still try?

Tialgo
July 14th, 2008, 01:22 PM
I'll try it^^. In Crystal i've got 209 Pokemon and there was only not Celebi in :(((. It's very strange to do this but this is the how of Pokemon

Lynnx
July 14th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Nope. I'm too lazy and don't have the time or patience required to catch them all. Plus I have nobody to trade with and only one game (LeafGreen.)

Firefist
July 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
no, not really, I train more then catching every single pokemon.

Gummy
July 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I tried it in the second generation games, but it was just too time consuming. Now I definately can't do it with 493 Pokemon.

Tater Tot
July 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I'm too lazy. And don't feel like putting that much time in my day to do something like that.

Espeon_Cutie
July 14th, 2008, 03:56 PM
I like to catch Pokemon, it's fun.

PorygonSquared
July 14th, 2008, 04:02 PM
I do the Pokedex filling along with training set Pokemon. I have this quirk where I have to train every Pokemon to its final evolution. Unless I am using it though, that's where I stop.

Skaterzpenguin
July 14th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I say yes, but I only do it when there is nothing else to do.

I have completed my poke'dex in my red, yellow, silver, pkmn pinball ruby/sapphire, sapphire, leafgreen, and pearl versions. ;]

hothead
July 14th, 2008, 06:19 PM
when i start the game i catch very pokemon in every route untill i got ever single one it took me forever to get skitty in emerald but i still do it in diamond that is why when i get up to like the 4 badge im on like LV 50 because i stayy in the wild and look for pokemon but yes this is very annoying and time consuming

Loveon
July 14th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I've tried to catch every wild Pokémon I saw when I had first gotten my Ruby game. I don't try to do it anymore but sometimes I'll check what Pokémon in my Diamond version I don't own and I'll try to find and catch it.

InMooseWeTrust
July 14th, 2008, 07:07 PM
It's not really worth catching them all. Just play and enjoy the experience.

Amoeba
July 15th, 2008, 12:32 AM
I try to get as many as I can, but I'll never be able to catch them all - especially with those legendaries that can't be traded, and I can't go to an event to get one. Those uncatchable pokemon have made the phrase "gotta catch 'em all" pretty much obsolete for the majority of the population that don't have an event near where they live.

Ambellina
July 15th, 2008, 11:26 AM
XD nope! I only get the ones I want. I've never really tried to go for 'em all. I'm just lazy XD

Lie Ren
July 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Oh gosh.. I've met a lot of people over the last 10 years who try to catch all the Pokemon, along, of course, with filling up their Pokedex. The thing is, I do like to try and complete my Pokedex, but alot of times I'm not that deticated. I've also never tried to catch 'em all.. Normally I only have one version of each color generations of games. Plus getting the third one, but I never have all three.

For example.. Blue/Yellow, Crystal, Ruby/Emerald, FireRed/LeafGreen, Pearl.

Not that I haven't played the others, but I don't don't own them.. so I really have no way of completeing my Pokedex's or catchin' 'em all. At least not with most of them.

Vindog223
July 15th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I catch pokemon but when I find my team I dont catch as much....

pokemaniacjason
July 15th, 2008, 04:16 PM
i stoped trying to catch every one of them about a whole year ago. this is because going on wifi is so much more fun.

Sir Matt
July 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Nah, I just like traning up my Dragon Pokemon and having fun on Wi-Fi! I quit about 2 years ago, when I realized that I probably wouldn't catch em all even if I tried.

eisenherz
July 15th, 2008, 05:39 PM
Pfft. I think the most Pokemon I've caught in a single game was 73 or something. I could care less about filling the Pokedex. I just wanna beat the Elite Four. Catching them all is boring to me.

BassFace
July 15th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Those uncatchable pokemon have made the phrase "gotta catch 'em all" pretty much obsolete for the majority of the population that don't have an event near where they live.

I completely agree with this.

The closest I've ever come to having a complete Pokedex was my complete Hoenn Pokedex in Emerald ("complete" meaning 200/202 Pokemon). It took me several months to complete, and I had to use (besides my Emerald version) a friend's Sapphire version, a Ruby version I rented for two weeks, and my sister's Leaf Green version. I normally don't try to complete the Pokedex, but in Emerald, I was trying to get one of the Johto starter Pokemon.

MissMegano
July 16th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Heck yes i do! i caught 'em all in blue and silver. i think catching them is more fun than training them, so i do that. i onoly train the ones i like. i'm working on ruby when i'm in the car. i don't know if i'll try in pearl, though. i might just catch all the cool ones. :D

Gold warehouse
July 16th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I tried once, until I realized it was impossible for me ><

Darkaoz
July 16th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Nah...I don't try to catch em' all...I don't have the time or patience to even consider catching them all...I help my friend to catch em' all by trading....But...I don't really ask for anything in return....

ΜσdαΜϑrdεrεr
July 16th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Well, catch 'em all if you have nothing else better to do?

.emerald
July 17th, 2008, 06:04 AM
im trying it & its not working very well.......

jamieboy30
July 17th, 2008, 07:22 AM
Yep, in pokemon gold i have all of them but celebi, raikou and entei, but i killed entei >.< so i can only ever get raikou, total game time: 311 hours :o :)

Sushi.
July 17th, 2008, 08:16 AM
I'm too lazy try to catch them all in any Gens.

chevelleROCKER
July 17th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Well, i kinda do... and kinda don't... cuz whenever i happen to come across a pokemon i don't have... i catch it... but i NEVER raise them....lol... so i guess you could say i do.

Glaceon_
July 17th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Hmm... not really, since there are some you can only get from Events. However, back with R/B/Y, I did use a cheat device, so that I could get them all. From GSC onwards, I've given up being able to, since lots of them can only be obtained via Nintendo Events. Unfortunately, even with Wi-Fi, D/P/P seem to also be strolling along that kind of route.

Though if it became possible to capture all of the Pokemon, without having to rely on means that come and go faster than Nintendo consoles, I'd most likely try to do so.

pokemon12
July 17th, 2008, 05:09 PM
no I catch the pokemon I like!

Yamikarasu
July 17th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Sure I try.

I have 430 caught or something around there.

t3hjolteon
July 17th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I caught every pokemon but I don't feel like bringing each and every one on the same game. Filling every Local Dex and catching the additional pokemon not in the Sinnoh Dex is good enough for me.

::.BRYAN.::
July 17th, 2008, 06:03 PM
I Use To Try But Never Did It lol..My Brother Caught All On Red Beat The Game But Some Idiot Stole The Game lol