PDA

View Full Version : How do you even hax a pokemon in the first place?

Animahngo
July 15th, 2008, 05:26 AM
i always hear How do you tell if a poke is HAx?

How the heck do they even hax a poke??

Horizon
July 15th, 2008, 05:29 AM
This belongs better in Pokemon General.

*moves*

This is a common misconception though. Which do you mean: hax or hacks? There is a difference.

Animahngo
July 15th, 2008, 05:33 AM
well i mean hack,

but i've always said hax for hacks anyway, so when i started playing pokemon they sort of conflicted.

AJ™
July 15th, 2008, 05:42 AM
You hack a Pokemon using Action Replay, or Pokesav.

You can tell if a Pokemon is hacked by it's unbelievably high stats, or by hex verifying it, using a device such as an R4.

Animahngo
July 15th, 2008, 05:50 AM
is hacking a poke with reasonable stats frowned upon? like hacking a poke tha's identical to an average ev trained competition poke?

AJ™
July 15th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Some people "frown down" upon it.
I used to, before my AR broke.

But i think its fine, because it saves a lot of time, and as long as the stats are the same as a normal one, it should be fine. I know a few people around here that do that.

Azonic
July 15th, 2008, 05:52 AM
Yeah, but it always reads the event Pokemon as hacks, in which they clearly are not. Err...

Hax - A Pokemon / item / move / ability that depends on luck for it to succeed. Such things include Sand Veil ability which heightens evasion, OHKO moves such as Guillotine, Brightpowder which lowers accuracy, ParaFlinch Togekiss. Anything that relates to Accuracy vs. Evasion is hax.

Hack - A Pokemon / item that was obtained through illegit means. Pokemon may have an unusual ability. They might also have unbelievably high stats, an incorrect PokeBall (such as Charizard in a Master Ball is considered hacked), incorrect place where it was caught (Charizard caught in Mossdeep City is hacked), maxed out sheen, etc. Basically a hacked Pokemon can be contrasted from the rest because it has a certain trait that is not legit and can be obtained without an external device. Pokemon with AAAAA or NOONE as their OT can be found very suspicious.

AJ™
July 15th, 2008, 05:56 AM
Yeah, but it always reads the event Pokemon as hacks, in which they clearly are not. Err...

Hax - A Pokemon / item / move / ability that depends on luck for it to succeed. Such things include Sand Veil ability which heightens evasion, OHKO moves such as Guillotine, Brightpowder which lowers accuracy, ParaFlinch Togekiss. Anything that relates to Accuracy vs. Evasion is hax.

Hack - A Pokemon / item that was obtained through illegit means. Pokemon may have an unusual ability. They might also have unbelievably high stats, an incorrect PokeBall (such as Charizard in a Master Ball is considered hacked), incorrect place where it was caught (Charizard caught in Mossdeep City is hacked), maxed out sheen, etc. Basically a hacked Pokemon can be contrasted from the rest because it has a certain trait that is not legit and can be obtained without an external device. Pokemon with AAAAA or NOONE as their OT can be found very suspicious.

Thank you my oh so smart friend. 8D
And whats ParaFlinch Togekiss?

Animahngo
July 15th, 2008, 05:59 AM

You should generally read the rest of the posts on a board before you start spewing.
I already know that.

AJ™
July 15th, 2008, 06:01 AM
You should generally read the rest of the posts on a board before you start spewing.
I already know that.

You asked, what makes a Pokemon hacked.
So, that was your answer.

Azonic
July 15th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Togekiss @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 Sp.Atk / 172 Sp.Def / 84 Speed
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Basically a Togekiss that abuses hax with Thunder Wave + Air Slash. Air Slash's Flinch rate is doubled to 60%, so by then the opponent can only attack 40 percent of the time. Thunder Wave downs the chances of the opponent attacking even more.
Really annoying strategy and completely depends on hax to win.

Animahngo
July 15th, 2008, 06:08 AM
No, I said i always hear people asking that around here. What I asked is how do you even hack one in the first place.

Magmortified
July 15th, 2008, 07:31 AM
No, I said i always hear people asking that around here. What I asked is how do you even hack one in the first place.

Action Replay. Thirty bucks. Found at local Gamestop or other major gaming store.

=P

pokemaniacjason
July 15th, 2008, 04:21 PM
some can even tell if a particualr pokemon is over-hacked by seeing how much damage it takes through damage calculations. complicating stuff -_-

Azonic
July 16th, 2008, 03:14 AM
You hack a pokemon through Action Replay, Game Shark, PokeSav, or any other of those cheat device stuff. :>

Saltare.
July 16th, 2008, 11:45 AM
a few ways to tell if a pokemon is hacked:

1.The route it was caught on: If that person caught oh lets say a Cyndaquil on Route 201, it is hacked.

2.The moves it has: If something about a pokemon doesnt seem right like a grass type knowing fire moves, it was a hack

3.Stats:If it has max stats(which is like impossible) it was hacked with a stats cheat.

Hope that helps!