PDA

View Full Version : PC Ho-oh

aceglen
July 16th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Has anyone here actually done all the work to get the HO-oh in Pokemon Colleseum?
I was going to at one point, but it was to much time for just one pokemon so i stopped. But still. Having Ho-oh would be nice.

Zierant
July 16th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Heh, I did to get my Ho-oh, but to make it go fast I used legends...

pm_41
July 16th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I got my Ho-oh from Colloseum too! It was difficult, but I did it!

Aisu K.
July 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
I got Ho-Oh. It really wasn't too hard :p

Kenshin5
July 16th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I got mine along time ago its more time consuming then difficult.

Guitar God in Training
July 20th, 2008, 11:38 AM
I used a level 86 Rayquaza and beat all the last Pokemon in 2 or 3 hits. Ho-oh is only really useful for the pokedex though because it's impossible to reset for a good nature. It saves right after.

damion
July 26th, 2008, 01:11 PM
i have mine too
it was a long ways but i did it :)

Yoshiko75
July 27th, 2008, 10:33 AM
I tried to get it, but I lost at the 98th trainer. >.< I haven't attempted to try again yet.

darkshiek
July 27th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Sorta in the process of getting it, do you have to do the challenge in one go, or can you save and stop for a while?

Pkmn Trainer Kona-chan
July 28th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I plan on doing it sometime soon, anyway. How much work is it to get anyway? I'd like it just so I can have both Gold and Silver Pokemon. (I have Lugia already. <333)

Bug Catcher Nick
July 29th, 2008, 03:34 AM
How do you get it? Do you need a complete Pokedex to do so?

KurosakiKun
July 30th, 2008, 06:41 AM
I plan on doing it pretty soon, I'll breeze through Mt.Battle with Sceptile and Rayquaza, but it's the purifying every single poke that will take time, as I didn't bother purifying many when I played through the story... =\

Zodiax
July 31st, 2008, 02:55 AM
Hey is Ho- oh the main pokemon in the poke colloseum game?

fusion376
July 31st, 2008, 02:56 AM
i have not got it yet, i find it hard actually i left in between.

THIRTY-SIX
July 31st, 2008, 03:02 AM
I used my lvl 100s and went through it real quick… I think I swapped over and used the legendary dogs at one point though.

40%
August 4th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I had it, and loved it, moved it to Emerald then... this is where my mind goes hazy...

I THINK I put it back onto Colosseum, which I ended up selling, but I also think I still have my Colosseum save, so if I come across a copy of Colosseum anywhere some day, I'll transfer it to Emerald then Diamond.

Bishopk
August 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I did it. It took me three years, but I did it.
That is, I stopped playing since I couldn't beat the Snagem boss. I restarted twice just to get to that point and fail again, but the third time I made it all the way through, and eventually got Ho-oh. Of course, Suicune, and to a lesser extent Raikou and Entei, was key.
In double battles, try sending out Raikou and Suicune. Raikou, hopefully the faster of the two, uses Rain Dance and then Suicune uses Surf. If that doesn't kill all of them, Thunder's now 100% accurate.

Kenshin5
August 4th, 2008, 04:29 PM
It seriously took you 3 years?It only took me a few days cause I didnt want to spend all day battle trainers on Mt.Battle.

Skip Shot
August 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Snag all the Shadow Pokemon, Purify all of them, them beat all 100 trainers in a row non-stop on Mt. Battle. Afterwards, Ho-oh will come down and join you.

That's wat I did. Kicked some @$$ with mai Sudowoodo and Feraligatr.

Matt-O
August 4th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I did it, it took a while, but it wasn't hard. Here's a tip, if you see a loss coming, and you can do nothing about it, just surrender and try again. It won't count you for a loss.

Bishopk
August 4th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I didn't play for two of those years now, give me a break :P
That is, I was never in to GameCube that much.

Bug Catcher Nick
August 5th, 2008, 10:43 PM
Surely it can't be that hard?

and if you do 10 trainers per Colesseum session, then you won't have to do it all at once.

KurosakiKun
August 6th, 2008, 05:52 AM
I think I'll give a go today. I'll post back with results.

The Graceful Assassin
August 6th, 2008, 07:22 AM
after reading this thread i got the inspiration to do it. i have beaten MT.Battle before so that shouldnt be too hard. the hard part is purifying all those shadow pokemon IMO.

Nashton
August 6th, 2008, 07:31 AM
yeah i did it

what i did was once every day over the summer when Colleseum first came out

i would battle 10 traniers a day and i would send over my team from sapphire cuz they were better suited for that

and BAM!! "you got ho-oh!!" i still have it today in my emarald now

KurosakiKun
August 6th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Okay, I've given up.

It took so long to purify Yanma, and now I have a grand total of 15 pokes purified. Anyone got a speedy way (even a glitch...) to purify Pokemon?

Bishopk
August 6th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Massage them with scents.
It's expensive, and doesn't do as good of a job as just battling, but if you only have two or three left, go for it.

What I did was I'd let them battle until they had reached the bottom. After that, I would put them in the box and rotate through. I'd have three shadow pokémon in my party at a time, so I could just switch.
This is an easy method if you're playing through the game the whole way. If you decide at the end that you want to do this, it's much harder.
That was another reason I restarted all the time, it's boring battling for hours on end without the storyline propelling you along.

The Graceful Assassin
August 6th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Massage them with scents.
It's expensive, and doesn't do as good of a job as just battling, but if you only have two or three left, go for it.

What I did was I'd let them battle until they had reached the bottom. After that, I would put them in the box and rotate through. I'd have three shadow pokémon in my party at a time, so I could just switch.
This is an easy method if you're playing through the game the whole way. If you decide at the end that you want to do this, it's much harder.
That was another reason I restarted all the time, it's boring battling for hours on end without the storyline propelling you along.

It is boring but thats what you have the Colosseum matches for, i find that Pyrite works the best due to lower level pokemon. and possibly the only glitch that can help you in achieving ho oh is the infinite poke ball glitch but thats it.

Kenshin5
August 7th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Just have the pokemon go into hyper mode then call out there name it takes a good deal off the gauge.

Ninja Aiden
August 14th, 2008, 01:15 PM
I haven't done it. Couldn't be bothered. Sooo many pokemon to purify and 100 trainers to battle. might start again and try now. Post back one I have done it or given up.

Haza
August 14th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I didnt get that Ho oh until a month ago. It was frustrating.

The Graceful Assassin
August 14th, 2008, 06:23 PM
i just got it 2 days ago, MT.battle only took me 3 hours but like i said the hard part is purifying all the shadow pokemon.

Rich Boy Rob
August 15th, 2008, 10:46 AM
If i got Colleseum and a Cube controller for my wii, would i still be able to transfer pokes over to Emerald or does't the Link cable work on a wii? Cause I borrowed Colleseum before and liked it this may have inspired me to buy it...

KurosakiKun
August 15th, 2008, 10:55 AM
If i got Colleseum and a Cube controller for my wii, would i still be able to transfer pokes over to Emerald or does't the Link cable work on a wii? Cause I borrowed Colleseum before and liked it this may have inspired me to buy it...Yup, GBA - GC link cable works with Wii.

Rich Boy Rob
August 15th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Interesting....Very interesting *Taps chin thinking*

An Imperialist named Dak
August 15th, 2008, 04:06 PM
A quick way to purify the pokes is in AGate village. Put one shadow poke in day care, have 6 in party. the edge/cliff near the entrance on the left, walk into it. then plug out your controller, push up on contoller and plug back in. IF the screen shakes, then it is working. leave on overnight and repeat till all are done.

BTW i've also gotten me ho-oh in double battke format. the only "hard" part was the 98th and 99th trainer because 98 has Groudon and 99 has Kyogre. the last guy is not that hard at all.

The Graceful Assassin
August 15th, 2008, 06:32 PM
A quick way to purify the pokes is in AGate village. Put one shadow poke in day care, have 6 in party. the edge/cliff near the entrance on the left, walk into it. then plug out your controller, push up on contoller and plug back in. IF the screen shakes, then it is working. leave on overnight and repeat till all are done.

BTW i've also gotten me ho-oh in double battke format. the only "hard" part was the 98th and 99th trainer because 98 has Groudon and 99 has Kyogre. the last guy is not that hard at all.

XD i actually used the Agate trick sped up the process big time, and as for MT.Battle i imported my kyogre so things were not to hard, but i did single format

Moist Bander
August 25th, 2008, 05:02 PM
If I tried too attempt it, I would probably gather some EV'd legendaries, alike Kyogre, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza.

Tony the Awesome
August 25th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I did this 2 weeks ago with:
Lv100 Rayquaza
Lv100 Lugia
Lv75 Pidgeot
Lv70 Arcanine
Lv70 Blastoise
Lv70 Raichu.

Never lost a match :D

sirboulevard
August 26th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Okay, I've given up.

It took so long to purify Yanma, and now I have a grand total of 15 pokes purified. Anyone got a speedy way (even a glitch...) to purify Pokemon?

The Agate Glitch they mentioned before is good but time consuming still. Itll purify about 7 Pokes in a day. Purification can be done in 5 ways: Battling, Calling, Walking, Daycare and Massaging and it's based on your pokes Personality. Just experiment with each until you find the one that works the best. Metagross, Tyrantitar and the Legendary dogs all have a difficult time purifying for some reason (probably because they are legendaries or psuedo-legends) so use the 3 time flutes on them. And be patient. I purify at about a rate of 7 in 4 hours this way.

M O M U S U
August 26th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I did it, even though it took a long time.

I mean, it's Ho-Oh. It's worth it.

I traded it straight to my Emerald version.

Bishopk
August 27th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Like I said, if you cycle your pokémon all throughout the game, it's much quicker. I was done in 3 or 4 days. (Yeah, earlier I said it took years, but that was just because I restarted frequently.)

Saud-Blaziken
August 27th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Do you have to beat the game or can you just go to MT. battle and get ho-oh and what do you get from Gale of darkness?

pokelantis
August 27th, 2008, 03:39 PM
i got my from XD gale of darkness i have 18 pink shiny lugias if anyone wats them go to my thread its called wat are u going to give for 6 pokes

shunyata
September 15th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I thought level of your pokemon didn't matter at Mt Battle and they rounded them to 50 or to the highest level of pokemon in your party?

Can you trade with Emerald directly with Colloseum or do you have to go through Ruby/Sapphire? Gonna form a team on the GBA games first, since it's easier to train EV's and you can breed.

Last, is there really no way to control your ho-oh's nature? You can't take a look at what it is and if you don't like it reset and do over?

Last, for purification please see this Deathborn 668's walkthrough on gamefaqs.com under colloseum. I'd post a link, but apparently I'm not allowed since this is my 1st post. Do a find on nature and he gives you the breakdown for which nature responds to which action. This makes a lot of difference. Of course now the only problem is you can't see a Shadow Pokemon's nature immediately. If you use an IV calculator like Serebii's you can come up with a good guess by plugging in a neutral nature (serious) and looking for the highest IV (hopefully >=32) and the lowest (hopefully <= 0) and then guess at the nature. I also used this to get the best natures for the magical beasts; though, really they're outgunned in current battling, so unless you're obsessive about it like me you should probably pass.

bobandbill
September 15th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I thought level of your pokemon didn't matter at Mt Battle and they rounded them to 50 or to the highest level of pokemon in your party?
True - leastways, I did mine at level 50. Just used a few Colosseum pokes (had pokes ranging from Raikou and Flygon to Quagsire) for it really - wasn't hard at all, just a bit timely.
Can you trade with Emerald directly with Colloseum or do you have to go through Ruby/Sapphire? Gonna form a team on the GBA games first, since it's easier to train EV's and you can breed.
You can. Also FR/LG link up with Colosseum.
Last, is there really no way to control your ho-oh's nature? You can't take a look at what it is and if you don't like it reset and do over?
Nope, no way at all. See, when you beat MT battle, it appears and the game says that you've got Ho-oh, before sending it over to the PC and saving the fact that you have it now. However you can't view the stats before then, so you can only find out what nature it is when you go into the game and view it from the PC.