PDA

View Full Version : Where did you hear about SPECIAL?

Ryousha
July 17th, 2008, 03:35 AM
The question is where did you hear about it?

Me? I found it at serebii while trying to find some ash sprites, then stumbled upon RED instead :P

VideoFan9864
July 17th, 2008, 04:21 AM
The question is where did you hear about it?

Me? I found it at serebii while trying to find some ash sprites, then stumbled upon RED instead :P

I found it on serebii also. I discovered it for years now but I just looked it up once since I thought that the manga is exactly the same as the anime only a little more ahead and 6 years later I looked it up in serebii and thought it was a fanfic. I read it and I really liked it. Then I stumbled here in this forum. I said OMG it actually exists. That was 6 months ago now. Ironic isn't it? Oh what did you mean when you said you stumbled on red instead?

chamo-chan
July 17th, 2008, 05:46 AM
Basically, I was just googling random pokemon stuff because I was bored, then, it pulled up Pokemon Special on the Serebii home page.

I was wondering what it was and began to read the summaries.
After that, I was wondering if anyone knew how the manga looked liked, then I found this place.

So yeah, and that was about 10 months ago....I think.

red king
July 17th, 2008, 06:48 AM
well one day i went to onemanga to read the new naruto chapter then i saw poke special and i tought well better take a look at it and from that day on i'm super hook with the manga then i found this place

Idiot!
July 17th, 2008, 07:08 AM
In the bookstore, by chance.

pong08
July 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM
well.... I remember going to canada to visit my friend. BTW, This was about 5-6 years ago. I got into his car and there were pokemon comic books in the car, only they were totally different from pokemon in the anime that I used to love. So I began to take a peek inside the mysterious volume 6 that I was reading for the first time... and I was kinda scannin through the manga, and I realized that this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the anime. There were actually villains that posed a serious threat, there was more intense action from the pokemon than in the anime. Also I realized that the trainers were actually the part of the story as well.That's how I got hooked on the manga. So I got the first 6 volumes in korean at a book store in Garden Grove, CA. After finishing the six volumes, I forgot about them for a long time... and pokemon culture was kinda dying for me, until one day it just sprung to my mind that there had to be volumes for G/S/E, FR/FG, R/S/, D/P... so I searched, found mangafox, then used nicoleb's posts, then used mangafox to finish FR/LG Saga.(still waiting for updates in mangafox)

Uchiha_Sasuke
July 17th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I found the manga first in a bookstore, but i didnt buy it because they used exactly the same names as in the anime (ash and gary) and that was what i first hated in the manga. Some years after that i read a little bit on wikipedia about it. Eventually i searched for the manga as if there was no tomorrow and then found the first 9 volumes here uploaded by nicoleb.

My way to one of the greatest Manga i ever read.

shadow charizard
July 17th, 2008, 11:50 AM
A few years ago I entered a pokemon tournament in a old book store.I think it was called hastings?Anyway they sold the pokemon manga and I bought them.I wasn't even sure what they were but it was pokemon so I bought them.But saldy a little later after selling the manga it closed down.So now I read them here.

Firefist
July 17th, 2008, 12:00 PM
well one day i went to onemanga to read the new naruto chapter then i saw poke special and i tought well better take a look at it and from that day on i'm super hook with the manga then i found this place

Also happend to me like that.

Netto Azure
July 17th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I can't remember the first time... the only thing I could remember was seeing it in Dogasu's and trying to download it from Dragonguard (TORTURE!!!) before finding out about onemanga a couple of months ago....

RubyJB88
July 17th, 2008, 05:34 PM
From Serebii.net. I thought I'd never get to read the actual thing, so I went through the summaries. I was impressed.

Spearow
July 17th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I can't remember the first time... the only thing I could remember was seeing it in Dogasu's and trying to download it from Dragonguard (TORTURE!!!) before finding out about onemanga a couple of months ago....

Ha, that sounds kind of like my experience. :P

lalalagirl
July 17th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Well, i FIRST found it at Serebii. But i thought "What the hell is this?". I saw "Ash" & "Gary" but i had NO idea who the girl in the black dress was. Then, i bought Pokemon firered and played through it, and me being the shipping-fanatic i am, noticed how the rival talked to the heroine. I then searched online about it and found out it had a "manga counter-part" of oldrivalshipping. I searched and searched and i grew more curious about what Pokespecial was like. Finally, i stumbled into PC and found NicoleB's scans. So basically, that's how i ended up here xD. After seeing that people were doing a scanlating project... i was hopeful, but doubtful as well. But everyone here proved a lot of people wrong :)

lol.

Noam
July 18th, 2008, 01:30 AM
In site that copied serebii to hebrew...
So I stared at summaries, and then I saw in the forum of this site download of volumes 1-7 (English). About a year or two. I saw in other forum link to Nicoleb thread, and then I readed here from GSC to FRLG. And now I'm waiting to Emerald And DP.

Zero Avenged
July 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM

lol same here and i just fell in love with yellow ^_^
Right now im reading The GSC saga

Lynnx
July 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I was bored, and went on Serebii, and just decided to click the FRLG arc of the manga. xP I actually didn't become obsessed with it until I read the GSC summaries, though.

Cyan Goggles
July 18th, 2008, 03:59 PM
It was my first manga ever.

I was little, but ya know. I still have eight of the thin little 3-chapter books. <3 My mom used to read them to me. Most of them are from the late Yellow Arc, so I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but I loved it.

Then, when I got older I researched more and got the full story, and I got a few of the first actual thick volume books.

To be honest, I think my mom got them for me because I was addicted to the games, and she wanted me to read instead of burying myself in video games.

-thumbs up- Kudos to my mom. Now I'm addicted.

Ambellina
July 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM
This isn't much diffrent from everyone elses XD I'll just let you take a guess

Andyb4325
July 18th, 2008, 04:23 PM
i found it on serebii.net

chamo-chan
July 18th, 2008, 07:18 PM
It was my first manga ever.

I was little, but ya know. I still have eight of the thin little 3-chapter books. <3 My mom used to read them to me. Most of them are from the late Yellow Arc, so I had absolutely no idea what was going on, but I loved it.

Then, when I got older I researched more and got the full story, and I got a few of the first actual thick volume books.

To be honest, I think my mom got them for me because I was addicted to the games, and she wanted me to read instead of burying myself in video games.

-thumbs up- Kudos to my mom. Now I'm addicted.

You're lucky.
My mom doesn't buy me manga...........

hoennshipperxxx
July 23rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
hhmm i can't quite remember...
it was something with youtube and sudden hoennshipping vids, i think i got on hoennshipping vids by accident, but i remember that i immediatly fell in love with the couple, then reading the pokemon manga was what i wanted very badly... i've never felt such eager for something....

Mileyangel
July 24th, 2008, 03:43 AM
Well, 2 years ago, I started reading the summaries on serebii and read the scans here,

Donna
July 24th, 2008, 06:25 AM
Hmm let's see. I loved the R/S games and did some research on the couple. Then the name Pokemon Special doomed up and it caught my interest. I googled some sites up and came here.