PDA

View Full Version : First Rom Hack you played?

Pages : [1] 2

Ryousha
July 18th, 2008, 05:53 AM
What did you play? My first rom hack I played was Gold GBA, then second was Shiny Gold beta 1,2,3,4,5,Blue Sea,Reign of Legends,Rescue Rangers,Ever Night.

xD

Did you join PC because of hacking/A hack?

What was your first hack you played?

hi sir tomato my password is syvniti
July 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Wow this is actually a great thread... I must say as the 100 next people... Shiny gold...

XD

Could you add, Did you join PC because of hacking/A hack?
Again I must say true... Also For SG!

Tentachu
July 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I believe the first hack I played was Cokemon. Either that or Pokémon Aftermath. Boy, that was a long time ago...

KhaosKnight
July 18th, 2008, 08:46 AM
i cant remember exactly, but i think it was chaos black...and i joined PC to play the hacks on here and later to make my own

spyrodragooon
July 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
pokemon chaos black was the first game I did play

serpent
July 18th, 2008, 09:43 AM
First rom hack i played was a mario hack, but for pokemon it was Shiny Gold.

Tyrantrum
July 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Sebbe is right! ^_^
I first started going on Nintendo Craze to watch White Version, then I've been coming on here through a link I saw on the White version thread.
I've been watching the hacks here for a while.
Then I saw Shiny Gold at I think beta 2.
So, I tried downloading it, but I couldn't because it was an attachment and I was a guest, so I registered and downloaded it, and played it.
Next thing I knew, I was back on here again and again and again.
I grew quite fond of this place, so I stayed on! ^_^
Now I'm on all the time. :)

Banjora Marxvile
July 18th, 2008, 11:16 AM
My first hack was Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta 4, as well as Chaos Black (I got them at the same day). I joined to get the hacks to inspire me to create my own hack (which isn't that good, but...)

Tony the Awesome
July 18th, 2008, 11:19 AM
I played my first rom hack around September/October last year, and it was Shinygold B4.

Luck
July 18th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Pokemon chaos black on limewire.
but i have to thank enix-Zae and mewthree because they made me interesting in hacking.

Joey the Cockroach
July 18th, 2008, 01:38 PM
i think the first hack i played was Sonic 2 Delta.

the first pokemon hack i played was Pokemon Topaz.

Ninja Caterpie
July 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Quartz. Pirated. On GBA. x.x

I DID join Pokecommunity cos of hacks... I wanted to download them...xD
It's funny. My friend got me into Pokecommunity, I got him into Pokecommunity...

masterman2332
July 18th, 2008, 03:37 PM
the first i play was shiny gold beta 4

PocketPika
July 18th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I have a deep and dark secret... I have yet to have a first time playing a hack and I've been on this site for like a year! I probably have like 20 hacks downloaded on my computer but I have yet to play a single one.

I joined mainly for hacking too.

WeissRaben
July 19th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Dear, old Pokemon Aqua. Hack of Pokemon Red. Not Fire Red, Red, period.
Good ol'times =D And then Pokemon Mew, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Rocket (James Version)...All hacks of Pokemon Red/Blue =D

thethethethe
July 19th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I can't even remember what was the first hack I played. I can remember the first few.
Quartz, Chaos Black, Pokemon Z (Dragon Ball Z hack with Goku and Vegeta, and changed starters) and I think Pokemon Breeders Edition(which was just a hack with Brock as the main character and changed starters).
I joined PC to download Shiny Gold, beta 3.

WeissRaben
July 19th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I can't even remember what was the first hack I played. I can remember the first few.
Quartz, Chaos Black, Pokemon Z (Dragon Ball Z hack with Goku and Vegeta, and changed starters) and I think Pokemon Breeders Edition(which was just a hack with Brock as the main character and changed starters).
I joined PC to download Shiny Gold, beta 3.

Right, I forgot Pokemon Z. Charizard with kamehameha...THAT was original, at least =D

andy63
July 19th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Pokémon Shiny Gold was my ROM game i played.

Quilava's Master
July 19th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Chaos black was the first hack I played....followed by Naranja...Chaos Black was the reason I joined. Naranja is the reason I stayed. I started hacking because of naranja..

destinedjagold
July 19th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Chaos Black was the first hacked ROM I ever played, because my friend told me about it...

I just played until I choose the starters and that's it.

Ivysaur
July 19th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Brown, by Coolboyman. Strange that I'm the only one here for the moment.

zel 2.0
July 19th, 2008, 10:10 AM
I guess it's just a generational thing, Went. Most likely, older people must have started with Brown (or the other GB hacks), while newer people must have started with GBA hacks, like CB and SG.

In my case, I dont know if you consider translations as "hacks", but if you do, then I should say the first hack was a translation for a game called "Bahamut Lagoon", a really good strategy (kinda like Fire Emblem in style) game for the SNES.

Now, if hacks are what we know currently as hacks, then the only thing I can remember about is playing Brown and I think the other one was called Orange. Dont really remember which order, but I've played both Pokemon hacks for the GB, after being tired of playing always the same Pokemon games.

peirau
July 19th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Pokemon Arcoiris.
A friend send me once VisualBoy Advance and Pokemon Arcoiris I really had fun playing it.
Though it was just a beta and I don't know if this hack has gone any furter yet =/.

Surinade
July 19th, 2008, 11:42 AM
My first ROM- Hack I've played, would be Pokémon Esmeralda.
It isn't a very populair Hack. When I first played it, I was certainly suprised about the feeling you could hack Pokémon ROM's.

Jeremy
July 19th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Well sweeties, I bet all of you can never figure out the first hack I ever played!

Stange Mario Bros and Zelda Challenge. That's right sweeties, NES hacks for the win!

MegaKirby3000
July 19th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Pokemon Quartz and then Shiny gold and Really I admit I joined because of wanting to know how to hack and download Hacks

Mateo
July 19th, 2008, 04:53 PM
The first rom hack I played was one of the very lame Red hacks back in the day, back when we could barely do anything with GS and Advance wasn't even out yet. I forget the name, as the hack was complete rubbish. I thought "I can make a hack better than this". Then I played Brown, and loved it and thats when I REALLY got into hacking. I had a goal to shoot for, something as good as Brown.

Ultimate Zangoose fan
July 20th, 2008, 01:52 AM
My first ROM hack played? Hmm.... *3 minutes of thinking later* It would have to be Pokemon Shiny Gold.

Hat?
July 20th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I think the first few hacks I played were mostly the GB hacks on Zophar's Domain, Bokemob and Cokemon in particular, for laughs, but then I started playing other stuff and I was amazed by what could be changed (apart from simple text).

[HoN] Jereziah
July 20th, 2008, 03:49 PM
My first one was Reign of Legends....And it was super great

Red1530
July 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM
My first ROM hack that I played was a Pokémon Sapphire hack that made all 386 Pokémon available without trading.

NatureKeeper
July 21st, 2008, 01:46 AM
Hmm... Now let's see.... My first hack i played was RubyDestiny_ReignOfLegends. I think...

X-aveon
July 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
the first one i ever played was POKEMON Quartz. A classic hack of ruby.
i'm waiting for beta 3 of Marble

RabiesGuy
July 21st, 2008, 10:21 AM
I have play pokemon ruby destiny > shinygold > blue sea > genesis > prism > rescue ranger ( currently )

Shadows
July 21st, 2008, 10:31 AM
Shiny Gold was the first rom hack I played, after that it's all a blur, and last was Pokemon: Gary Edition.

sceptile1001
July 21st, 2008, 03:56 PM
Shiny Gold!! It is one of the best hacks on this site :D
I've tried others too, but Shiny Gold was the first and best :D

Innocence
July 22nd, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well, I came onto the whole hacking scene over 4 years ago, before I joined PC. I think the first hack I played was Cokemon. Don't shoot me. It was off zophar's or something, and I was like: "Is this what rom hackers are like?" Unbelievable.
Basically, I played all these text/tile only hacks, all in the one day, and then I played brown, and everything was all right. "Oh, there are some sane rom hackers. I might try this." XD

EarthsVisitor
July 22nd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Most people are surprised to find out I have never played a hack before.
The only one I have played is Pokemon Prism, because coolboyman specifically asked me too, but otherwise, no. I have not played any hacks.
:]

DietCokeSeeker
July 24th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Shiny Gold. That was the reason I joined PC.

liuyanghejerry
July 25th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Wow this is actually a great thread... I must say as the 100 next people... Shiny gold...

XD

Could you add, Did you join PC because of hacking/A hack?
Again I must say true... Also For SG!
So smart,mine is,Shiny Gold.And I still think it's the best ROM I've played!

PKMN17
July 25th, 2008, 07:30 PM
i played shiny gold and i wanna make my own but i have no idea how to start can someone give me pointers in possable just pm me please help.

KyGon
July 25th, 2008, 09:26 PM
of course, shiny gold. which i still maintain is the best hack i've played.

Francine
July 25th, 2008, 10:48 PM
The First hack i played is Dragonstone.. ehehe... the emerald ones.. that's the thing that i discovered hacking!

Platinum Lucario
July 27th, 2008, 04:22 AM
My first ROM hack was Pokémon Shiny Gold, it was a good FireRed ROM hack but it was beta 3 of it though.
But that was before I joined PC and I did look in the Shiny Gold thread often.

Kaizer-X
July 27th, 2008, 05:41 AM
my first i think its pokemon quartz or ruby destiny reign of legends i 4got

Pookachu
July 27th, 2008, 06:01 AM
First ROM Hack I played...hmm, Pokémon Quartz. xd

theEND
July 27th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Chaos Black was my first ;0 I found it on a ROM site

Binary
July 27th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Chaos Black was my first ;0 I found it on a ROM site

lol, I actually bought Chaos Black in a shop o.0
It was so dumb of me..damn pirates.. And it was also the first hack I ever played XD

BlackRainbow*
July 27th, 2008, 10:44 AM
My FIrst hack played was really earyl release of Pokemon Mitic Islands. The hack was a hack of Fire Red. But then i figured out that MItic Island was using Maps from Rijonadventures. so i googled Rijonadventures and i what i get was Pokecommunity.

geohoundz55
July 27th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Aqua Final, Pretty good hack.

Sarcastic Prince
July 27th, 2008, 10:17 PM
My first Hack I've ever played is Shiny Gold Beta 4. I remember I had and old account which is made in 2006, at that time, there are not much interesting hacks, so I haven't been active for a year. On 2007, I saw Shiny Gold Beta 4, which made me joined here for the second time.

Cid
July 27th, 2008, 10:28 PM
DJG's "Pokemon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends" would be the first ROM hack I played, and that inspired me to hack, too.

I remember when I was surprised to see a DP Pokemon in a GBA game... ^^

Kenneth Alog
July 28th, 2008, 03:12 AM
Reign Of Legends is the hack first played and Shiny Gold!

Same as .Eni it inspired me.

I joined this community to learn how to hack and play ROL.

Lollypop
July 28th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Pokemon Shiny gold! My friend had it on his GBA. *Pirates!!!* I found it entertaining and thought that Nintendo made it. After I joined, I found Pokemon shinygold beta 4 and I played it. I also played PRDROL and Pokemon Legend of dragons. They were all great hacks!

aggrononer612
July 29th, 2008, 04:38 PM
the first was the one im working on right now

Prof. 9
July 29th, 2008, 10:16 PM
Pokémon Quartz (final version) and I loved it.

Blazichu
July 29th, 2008, 11:06 PM
The first hack I played was Quartz, disliked the fakemon in it. So I then started playing some GBC hacks.

Cirothe
July 30th, 2008, 01:58 AM
The first hack I ever played was Genesis. Now I'm making 4 of the GYM leader sprites for it. :)

I joined PC for the hacks. One of my friends asked me to make an emulation forum at my board just like the ones here, so I decided to check this place out.

tImE
July 30th, 2008, 03:17 AM
The First "Rom-Hack" I played wasn't really a rom-hack, it was
Swedish translation of Pokemon Silver.
To get it working I had to learn about Roms, Emulation, IPS and that stuff.
I started searching for more translations, and found
Whack A Hack, learned a little about Hacking...

I then noticed "Pokemon ShinyGold" on WAH,
so I guess Shinygold would be the first real "Rom-Hack" I played.
(2nd would be Pokemon Brown)

After I'd learned a little about hacking, I found
PokeCommunity, and...

A Dream came true... ^^

//44tim44

alexk1995
July 30th, 2008, 06:28 AM
I would have to say pokemon quartz. many of you proably havent heard of it but omigosh its sooooooo goood

robie392
July 31st, 2008, 03:00 AM
Pokemon shiny gold and some mario hack but at the same time!

SamieNiceGuy
August 1st, 2008, 05:19 AM
my first one was Pokemon Crystal shards. i have to say it was amazing. but he quit... second was Pokemon Shiny gold.

NasonJewsted
August 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I also joined here for my first hack: shiny gold!

Green Charizard
August 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Wow, this threads a great idea!

I had a hard job remembering. I had a few I'd bought off the market, before I really got into it and I played a few with only minor alterations such as one with just new starters etc. But I think the first proper hack I played was Pokémon Dirt Brown by Firemaster and it was brilliant. I registered just to download it. I even found the old thread, August 12th 2004: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=14779&highlight=dirtbrown (I remember everyone being amazed when he included a train)...

Haha...

sasuketrooper
August 4th, 2008, 03:27 PM
the first rom hack i ever played was shiny gold

KillaKoopa
August 5th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I was at my friend's house and he let me play Chaos Black. (The pirated version) I didn't even know it was a ROM hack until recently.

Garth
August 5th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Pokemon Quartz haha. Googled Pokemon ROM hacks and downloaded it.
It led me here one I looked into hacking ROMs.

August 5th, 2008, 06:22 PM
My first ROM i played was Pokemon Dragonstone

That was OLD and BASIC xD

Road Runner
August 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
i think the first Rom-hack i ever played was SDW: the legend continues, the one made by FuSoYa.

suicidesal
August 10th, 2008, 07:36 PM
The first pokemon hack i played was Team Rocket Edition of Gold/Silver by a hacker named MeowthHacks who apparently changed their name to MiskaHacks.
It was in early stages of development and I think the hacker disappeared from the face of the earth which I found to be very disappointing

Imakuni?
August 11th, 2008, 06:21 PM
Very first hack I played was a Gold hack. I think it might have been Jeremy's.

Pokemaster1993
August 12th, 2008, 07:59 AM
umm... Mother 3 or Shiny Gold. and I'm stuck in both Mother 3 and Shiny Gold. in SG, I'm in Saffron City, I beat the gym leader, and the FAQs say I have to go west, but I can't since my rival put a big rock in both the east and west entrances. in M3, I'm in the graveyard in the house there, and I'm in that shop where I gotta buy a snake rope, but idk how to.

Likewise
August 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM
wow surprising that no one has said this: Pokemon naranja!

WithSquirtles11
August 12th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Pokemon Brown. Its also my all time favorite.

AnimalCrossingX
August 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
The first hack I played was Pokemon Quartz. And yes, I joined PC because of hacking.

XtoxicX
August 17th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Mine was shinygold beta 3.

Godot
August 17th, 2008, 05:46 AM
First one I played was Brown. I loved it and then I found this site and all the other hacks here :)

dracolord775
August 21st, 2008, 05:29 AM
First hack I played was Pokemon Prism, I joined kinda late.

Dark Sakurati
August 21st, 2008, 04:26 PM
I can't really remember, think it was Pokemon naranja or quartz.

KingKombat
August 24th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Ah, to many surprises the first hack i ever played was my own. After melting my brain on youtube, i stumbled across a video of a hacked pokemon game. So, out of curiosity, i googled pokemon hacks. the rest was blurry but i was given a link to pokemon hacking tools. (keep in mind this was a WHILE ago) so i open up the program, as clueless as i was. i watch some youtube tutorial and start text hacking. (back then advance text and advance map were pretty much the only tools.) and there you have it. i stopped after i got a mac cuz i really couldnt find mac programs. but now i just use Darwine and i got back into hacking again. but i found PC through a google search.

Zephiel
August 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Does it have to be a Pokemon ROM hack? The first one I played was a Fire Emblem hack made by my friend. That's how I got into hacking, because I wanted to hack Fire emblem.

If it has to be a pokemon one, it would be Shiny Gold.

maoh4567
August 30th, 2008, 06:42 AM
mine was pokemon naranja beta 1 ^^

ErickaVolt
August 30th, 2008, 06:54 AM
I think it was Shiny Gold. My first and last hack I ever played. I never like playing Pokemon hacked roms.

iEdster
September 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
Mine was Pokemon Shiny Gold Beta 5.
And no, I joined this community because I kept visiting as a guest again and again and again, so I joined.

Gold Tom
September 6th, 2008, 02:21 AM
Remember that really old hack by Jeremy in late 2003? You know, the pallet hack of Gold that was like a hoax of Ice? Well, that was the first one I ever played, and I loved it so much, even though nothing else had changed. You know, to find the Pokecommunity, I was googling and happened to find the archives, I hit the full version link and I was here. Awesome!

Revise Librarian
September 6th, 2008, 05:28 AM
When I was 7 (that is history now), I first played Brown and Red Advanced. I never knew they were hacks. Then I figured out what a hack was when I joined PC last year.

Ripper
September 6th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Mine was Shiny Gold but I can't remeber what Beta it was... It was before all the new graphics came in though.

wNtR Azazel
September 8th, 2008, 04:21 PM
First Hack I ever played was Reign of Legends Beta 4

SethCullen
September 8th, 2008, 04:24 PM
This thread has points.

Quartz(Baro) Shiny Gold (Zel) Ruby Destiny (Time) Ruby Destiny Resue Rangers (Playing ATM)

What are some good ROMS to play?

121rotom35
September 9th, 2008, 05:53 PM
The first rom I played was Ruby destiny

Meowvelous
September 9th, 2008, 05:59 PM
The first I wanted to play was Shiny Gold, but I ended up putting on Prism after my FireRed rom died. So I guess Prism was my first, shortly followed by Shiny Gold, and now something nameless.

deadlyangel91792
September 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
shiny gold for me i joined last month

garra911
September 10th, 2008, 07:19 PM
shiney gold..........yea, im original

whiteclef
September 11th, 2008, 12:38 PM
The first hack I played was pokemon blue hack that made you james from team rocket.

I love that it's cool to be James I love him in the anime.

Ebony
September 11th, 2008, 01:25 PM
For me it was Pokemon Naranja. I love it more than most real Pokemon games. I feel bad for the people that never really experienced how fun it is because of it being in Spanglish. :/ I never heard of ShinyGold until a 1-2 months ago or so.

I joined PC because of hacking. I'm actually not here for anything else but to watch hackers in awe. C:

Dukey
September 11th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Shiny Gold, it was the only reason I signed up for PC in the first place was so I could dowload it.

Mōnštȝr¿
September 11th, 2008, 05:50 PM
My first hack that i played was Pokemon Shiny Gold.

the bitter end.
September 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Shiny Gold, it was awesome until it crashed D= actually I don't think I've played any others besides that.

prime456
September 14th, 2008, 08:06 PM
the greatest hacked ROM Pokemon magma red

~Night
September 16th, 2008, 08:18 PM
The first one(and only one)that I've ever played was ShinyGold version(I'm only maybe two minutes into the game and I've already discovered some glitches{Youngster/1, etc.}, but I think that's because I might've downloaded and old version)

~!~Miss Cow~!~

jailguard
September 19th, 2008, 08:30 PM
the first one i've ever played was POKEMON Reign of Legends

Bibliophibian
September 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM
the first one i played...i believe it was Shiny Gold.

though i have to admit, Pokemon: Team Rocket Edition ended up replacing it as my favorite. >.>'

Disturbed
September 21st, 2008, 08:35 AM
The beta 1 for shiny gold :-P Back in '06. (My first account here)

divine wrath
September 21st, 2008, 08:36 AM
mine was pokemon topaz it was alright

muztard07
September 21st, 2008, 08:50 PM
i think... pokemon dragonstone...

Thrace
September 22nd, 2008, 11:34 PM
Mine was Pokemon Topaz which isn't a hack of the Pokemon games. That was when I was about 13, last year I was looking for an Emerald rom and found a link to Chaos Black. I tried it out but I didn't like it all that much. On the same site I found a bunch of hacks that had only the first town and starters edited until I found Shiny Gold beta 3.

Then I got to the Lighthouse and couldn't work out how to get in so I searched Shiny Gold and found myself at PC.

>Feelings<
September 29th, 2008, 08:37 PM
I dont remember the name of my first played hack. It had you start as a team rocket member, and work as team rocket. Then I played Shiny Gold beta 4 and 5, and really got into playing ROM Hacks.

GKS
September 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I think the first one I actually played throughout was Emerald 386, which wasn't a big hack. Then it's probably Shiny Gold.

Satoshi Sugimori
September 30th, 2008, 02:02 AM
mine was I think shiny gold cuz there weren't any beta's on the dutch forum XD

deepbluemew
September 30th, 2008, 04:21 AM
pokemon red hack
wtf cactus or w/e it was
it was nov 2000 back then.

2muchfury
October 3rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
pokemon chaos black was the first game I did play

me too its pretty fun i like it if you want to cheat dont use mastercode
fire red cheats will work

warior_hero
October 4th, 2008, 07:40 AM
....Pokemon Sako....The one not suitable for 10 year old ppl and below...
Found it from searching for Pokemon Dark Cry lol.
Didn't know Dark Cry was a hacked version ......................-.-

Capitalist Ness
October 4th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Ummm... my frist hack played is Sapphire 386

Melash
October 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Okay, the first hack I actually played was Pokemon Brown. And that's what got me into hacking.

At first I though hacking wasn't possible, and some of the videos on YouTube were just made using a video editing program....I was really dumb back then....

エロカメ
October 4th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I can't remember. It was probably Battle Fire by Concorde.

Yu_&_Rei
October 4th, 2008, 04:55 PM
the first rom hack I played was a hack of panel de pon replacing the fairies with pokemon.

Qwilfish
October 4th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Marble, I think, and then Ambar, until I realised that it was in spanish.

torferno lvl-X
October 5th, 2008, 12:03 AM
One of my friends had one of those bootleg quartz cartridges even though I didn't really know much about it. But, I messed around on it a bit and I knew he used it to trade with ruby and sapphire to make the console give flying moves to Kyogre (the two games have different types for certain pokemon) and then completely unrelated I found shiny gold on youtube and was transfixed but I couldn't work out how to get the game for a few months the I found WAH and then I completed shiny gold beta 4 :D so that was the first hack that brought me into rom hacking.

atoms2ashes
October 5th, 2008, 12:08 AM
First one I played was Quartz, and at that time I never even knew what a Hack is.

It was Beta. On a cartridge.

zoubiey
October 7th, 2008, 12:01 PM
The first i played was riegn of legends and i still cant complete it :P

insectduel
October 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
My first hack is Strange Mario Bros. 1 for the NES. And Pokemon Brown is my first Pokemon hack I played. I joined PokeCommunity because not if I am a ROM-Hacker in general but I love to play Pokemon hacks as well. I love to hack Pokemon Fire-Red sometime.

mistersir
October 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Pokemon Shiny Gold B4 and Pokemon Orange B2 :D Loved them both i like remakes and based off the anime :D

Ven~
October 7th, 2008, 06:24 PM
pokemon shiny gold then the ruby destiny saga :D

Lover's Kite
October 7th, 2008, 06:25 PM
Pokémon Ruby Destiny: Reign of Legends! :D

nick11202
October 8th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Shiny Gold Cause I saw how many people have posted on it lol.

.Iramet
October 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Ok.
Well this summer I basically was on the computer forever.
So my friend and I were looking for games to play.
We came upon a hack.
It took us about a week to get it to play in visual boy.
It was naranja.
I absolutely loved it and found pokemon brown
I became interested and started playing lots of hacks.
But my friend thought hacking was confusing and gave it up.
One day while looking for a hack I came across pc's hack showcase.
I had to join.XD
I'm so lucky I was bored that summer...

insectduel
October 17th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I guess not too many people are Non-Pokemon hack players. I've just love to play, not to hack the game.

I am still attempting to work on my Megaman 1 NES Project when I finish playing Touhoumon.

eing15
October 21st, 2008, 08:52 AM
Mi first hack that I played was the orange ^^(naranja)
Because I was searching roms for dowload, and gameshark, and I found this!

PrimalMario
October 26th, 2008, 01:31 PM
My first one was pokemon shinygold by zel.

great hack!

Virtual Chatot
October 26th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Ghetto: Shinay Bling fo' sho ;P
Rest o' society: Shiny Gold of course ;P

GoldFlareon
November 3rd, 2008, 04:25 AM
Pokemon Chaos Black was my first. But from this site? Um...
Possibly Shiny Gold. I don't remember. xD

~Flareon.

Shadows
November 3rd, 2008, 02:37 PM
I started looking for a pokemon yellow remake, and somehow I found Shiny Gold...

larkija33
November 3rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
Hmm... I have to say Pokemon Shiny Gold.

Chrono
November 3rd, 2008, 10:31 PM
Mine was Pokemon Shiny Gold, I was amazed and waited for it to come out.

Surf
November 3rd, 2008, 11:37 PM
Mine was a great game called Pokemon Orchid
Then i started hacking
I seriously only found out anout SG like 2 months ago XD

Dratii
November 4th, 2008, 02:11 AM
The first hack I played was chaos black but I didn't play it very much, then I found datacrystal and that led to here.

Ninja Caterpie
November 4th, 2008, 02:59 AM
I'm pretty sure I played Quartz and Chaos Black first. Both pirated, but with the exchange rate back then, it was only worth $5 in my money. >.>
Anyway, I only found Shiny Gold here. In March. :D

Hiche..
November 4th, 2008, 07:59 AM
My first rom hack I played is, Pokemon Quartz and Garnet. :D I like Garnet better though.

Vegeta™
November 17th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I believe it was Chaos Black which I loved so much.

Chao
November 17th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I think Moemon Firered was my first hack. ^^; After that I just searched around the internet for something better and I came upon PC.

Yourself
November 17th, 2008, 07:23 PM
As a lot of others have said, Shiny Gold was my first hack played. :3

DragonType
November 17th, 2008, 07:32 PM
Pokemon Shiny Gold Version. I liked using the cheats form fire red :)

Bidoofguy
November 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM
My first hack was a Mario World hack, if I remember correctly. In terms of Pokemon hacks though, I think it was Brown or Pokemon Z, and my first 3rd Gen hack was... well, technically it was a translated Fire Red game I bought, complete with a 'CHARM' and 'PIDGE' amongst other 5-letter-named pokemon already on it (I originally thought it was a normal game, so it seemed a little odd. I didn't know it was actually a translated version at the time, I just assumed it was 'broken'...) but my first 'real' hack was Shiny Gold.

And after finding out it was from here (I downloaded it from somewhere else.) I joined here to download other hacks, and decided I might as well post here, too.

...and I just gave my life-story again. :nervous:

pokefreak2
November 18th, 2008, 08:34 PM
pokemon shinygold first hack i played

Jeyboye
November 19th, 2008, 07:15 AM
First rom hack? Well: Pokemon. Chaos Black.

It was actually the first time I realized a rom maye be hacked. Then, Shiny gold was the first legal rom hack (according to most tos) I've played since it was a patch.
--------
Peace

Aerodynamic
November 19th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Pokémon Quartz, then Chaos Black.

Saken
November 20th, 2008, 05:02 AM
I think I found Pokemon Quartz randomly, while surfing, and that was the first one... That or i was looking for a Gold remake and found Shiny Gold here. I wanted to start hacking so i joined :P

Tropical Sunlight
November 20th, 2008, 08:40 AM
When I wrote "pokemon game computer" on Google, I got some ROMs. Later on, I found WAH which I visit today. I HAD TO have A-Map, so I downloaded it. I started changing maps, I was very good though, then I came across Quartz. Then, I found ShinyGold. I knew PokeCommunity existed because my friend told me on Skype.

Darklas
November 22nd, 2008, 02:40 AM
Pokemon ShinyGold. And yes, I joined because of it. XD
Currently waiting for good hacks and finding good hacks.

braminoid
November 22nd, 2008, 05:58 AM
First was Shiny gold and thats how i found out about Pc.

Spaceman621s PokeCommunity
November 23rd, 2008, 04:52 AM
chaos black, and it wasn't a rom, it was a waste of money:(, the first ROM was Rocket: Jessie for GBC

sasquatchd00d
November 23rd, 2008, 11:24 AM
Quartz, I had jailbroken my iPod Touch and I put the gba emulator on there. I stumbled upon the game and tried it out. I never really played it much, I only made it to the third town or so.

sasuneuchiha
November 23rd, 2008, 04:12 PM
um.............................................I think mine was...Ruby Destiny! Best game ever! AND IT'S PART OF A SERIES!!! NEXT GAME BETA 1 IN SPRING!!!!

Dominus_Draconis
November 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
The first one I played was bokemob. It was a rather amusing hack, so much profanity

Ashen
November 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
I actually think my first romhack was Super Kaizo World, which is an insane romhack of Super Mario World for the SNES. For anyone who's played it, I feel your pain. Ended up playing level 1 of it at a friend's house over the summer. I honestly don't remember if I got all my Pokémon romhacks before or after that, though.

First Pokémon hack was Pokémon Prism. I played a whole bunch in rapid succession, though (which doesn't mean I finished them, heh).

I actually did join PC because of a romhack, but only because I'm recording myself playing it and thought it'd be a disservice to everyone here to not let the place where it originated from have their say.

Nytkoi
November 24th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Im not sure I can reamember, but I think my first hack was Quartz. didn't even know it was a hack till I found out what a hack was XD

austin_pika
November 26th, 2008, 09:52 AM
I think my first hack I played was ShinyGold Beta 4.

rasengan4500
December 3rd, 2008, 08:42 PM
my first pokemon hack was choas black it sucked....

hayitsCARLOS
December 5th, 2008, 09:58 AM
Either Quartz or ShinyGold. Never quite knew how to do .ips patching, man was I slow xD

Firebird1515
December 5th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Pokemon naranja was my first but i joined to get reigns of legends. i saw it on youtube.

Master123
December 5th, 2008, 03:26 PM
my friend at school hooked me up with the Gpsp gba emulator for the sony psp. at first i played standard pokemon games (emerald, fire red) then i was on 4shared one day and i saw "Pokemon shiny gold.gba." i was like "wtf is this?!!" i played it enjoyed it and then i downloaded many more pkmn hacks. Including shiny gold, ruby destiny, quartz, platinum (awsome one until i had no idea what to do after eterna city) ash's quest, (still working on) emerald 386, fire red 386, and more!!!
I love rom hacks so much since then. If anyone has a good suggestion for me private message me please!! :)

FairyGarland
December 5th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Can't remember what it was except it was like R/B version turned DBZ.

wingzro17
December 6th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Let's see....
The first hack I played was Shiny Gold.

And yes, hacks made me wanna hack Pokemon too. xP

EagleVision1999
December 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM
My first hack was Moemon Emerald. Dunno if that's the right name.
The one in which the Pokemon were replaced by cute little Moes in Pokemon costumes XD.
It was funny and I began to look out for more.

Thisistheend
December 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
The first hack I played was Shiny Gold,lol.And I didn't join just because of a hack,I thought that the community seemed pretty cool.

Sideburns
December 8th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Let me see...I think the first Pokemon hack I've ever played was Pokemon Brown.

Thomas
December 8th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Pokemon Brown was the first proper hack that I had played, but the first first was one called Pokemon Red Advance which was a tougher version of Pokemon Red.

Aljam
December 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM
first hack i played was pkmn shiny gold!!!XD

yoni159
December 13th, 2008, 11:53 AM
I continue hearing names of hacks I've never heard of(choas black or others), could those people give links to different hacks not known.
And to FairyGarland it called pokemonZ and it was my first hack played so here an attachment. and for the question I joined for hacks.

SethCullen
December 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Quartz and Naraja. My favorite one was quartz.

Jelze
December 21st, 2008, 08:00 PM
The first hack I played was Pokemon Aqua for Red it seemed great at the time, but isn;t very exciting now. From memory the cave for Victory Road was blocked, so you couldn't finish it, so they obviously didn't complete it.

wolverfrog
December 22nd, 2008, 06:41 PM
Shiny gold. I joined PC for it, it took me ages to find out how to patch roms.......

Chido09
December 23rd, 2008, 05:19 PM
The First Hack ROm i Played Was POkemon Quartz... I really Did Enjoy That Game!

Tré
December 23rd, 2008, 05:24 PM
well the first was chaos black and it took me a time to play...waste of time

Zorloc
December 23rd, 2008, 05:36 PM
same as tre choas black.

em2241992
December 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I played Shiny Gold first, love that rom hack, hope to see a new update eventually

michaelh
December 29th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Overall? I believe it was the Mario Land hack where you play as Pikachu.

Pokémon related, I think Cokemon was the first ROM hack I played. Basically a text hack of Red, it looks pretty much stupidly noobish now.

Circus
December 29th, 2008, 12:13 PM
1st. Shiny Gold
Currently: Rijon Adventures

FLOOTENKERP
December 30th, 2008, 04:28 PM
pokemon shiny gold. the game was great. at first i wanted to make my own hack when i played it. then i figured out people like that were put in this world to do things others cant. So GO ZEL!

h POKE
December 31st, 2008, 07:22 AM
My morals are strange, yes, but I think that I shouldn't blindly take other people's hacks without creating one of my own. And because I kind of suck at hacking, I have yet to seriously play a hack HERE. I have, however, played my own hack of FE8 that was inevitably garbage. That's all, except for Prism.

Sean Visinoni
January 2nd, 2009, 10:45 AM
Pokemon White and it was orrible

Medo0
January 5th, 2009, 05:49 AM
The first hack i played was Pokemon Naranja (Orange Island)
It's Cool But Not Completed yet!
and i Joined PC to Learn more about hacks.....

SmashLucario
January 7th, 2009, 12:22 AM
My first hack I played was Pokemon Marble B1 by Baro. I'm Waiting for Beta 3 to come out. :S

MegaMaccer
January 7th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Pokemon Chaos black wa my first one. I played right up until route 1 ;)

~Poke~
January 7th, 2009, 05:01 PM
Pokemon Quartz was the first I played, from Whack-a-hack. I got the link from youtube.

I joined here because I needed to know how to change the titlescreen of a hack I was working on. It didn't work well...

zlayer200
January 18th, 2009, 06:51 AM
The first hack i played was Shiny gold, it was the hack that made me start playing hacks.

1st Shiny gold
2th i think it was called: Pokemon blue sea or something like that.
3rd Pokemon Team rocket edition (still playing it, very fun :d)

I've been playing many more, but dont remember their name though.

Chimchar 9
January 19th, 2009, 09:45 AM
My first Rom Hack i played was Pokemon Blue Sea, it was the best hack there was back then.

Existing
January 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I think my first ever I got was from Zophar, not sure who the creator was but the title was Bokemob or something similar.

SpartanMalice
January 22nd, 2009, 08:41 AM
The first rom hacks i have played are Pokemon Brown, Pokemon Prism, and Pokemon ShinyGold respectively.

They are all very good hacks in my opinion.

Moogles
January 31st, 2009, 10:23 PM
Mageknight404's Fire Emblem hack

Then Pokemon Quartz.

Conan Edogawa
February 1st, 2009, 08:22 AM
This first hack I played was reign of legends

Heart's Soul
February 1st, 2009, 11:13 AM
ShinyGold was the best 3rd Generation hack of the time when I noticed ROM Hacking, back during April 2007. Now, I somewhat support it. After that, it was Rocket's Revenge and then I, somewhat, stopped.

Lockmaster24
February 1st, 2009, 10:35 PM
My first hack i played was Rijon adventures as he is my friends brother. (that is true by the way)

RedBlood
February 3rd, 2009, 05:06 PM
Even though I'm new to this site I've been playing ROM Hacks for about 2 years, And the first one I have played is Pokemon Chaos Black I believe.

squire
February 3rd, 2009, 05:31 PM
The first rom hack I ever played was Shiny gold, I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was just searching google for information if a Pokemon Gold remake would ever come to the DS. I then found this site along with Pokemon Shiny Gold.
All I can say is that Zel made a great game and I really did enjoy it. It also inspired me to start my own Pokemon Fire Red hack. :D

Aljam
February 4th, 2009, 02:44 PM
...all i have to say is shiny gold

simoniow
February 4th, 2009, 03:03 PM
my first ever hack i played was quartz, its what got my hooked on playing hacks lol

austin_pika
February 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
ShinyGold Beta 5 was the first I played.

kebbles
February 16th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Pokemon Black Chaos, I thourght it was a real game lol :P
It had Fakemon and New Tiles, I thourght it was amazing.
Intill I got to a cave that wasn't finished lol.

Starom
February 20th, 2009, 04:14 AM
First one I ever played was Shiny Gold :)

NickNet
February 20th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Hum, I am part of 98% of PC. I mean... The first one I played was Shiny Gold!

YamiHarlen
February 23rd, 2009, 06:22 AM
Pokemon Chaos Black was the first hack I ever played. Now I am trying to make my own, it's not going so well, lol.

⋚Raika⋚
February 23rd, 2009, 06:36 AM
Pokemon Shiny Gold X.....I got bored of it cos it was too tough for me(I had to train my Totodile to level 12 or 13 before being able to defeat my rival's level 8 chikorita on my first rival battle -_-).

~F e n i x ♠
February 23rd, 2009, 06:38 AM
My first one, lets seeeeee...... OH! How could i forget Pokemon Shiny Gold :)

wolfy
February 24th, 2009, 03:32 AM
i would say liquid crstal cause i only starte 3 days ago

toppoleaf
February 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
The first one I played was Pokemon Orange. It was first one that I found, even though half of the text was Spanish...

Brushfire
February 26th, 2009, 12:30 PM
Damn... I'm so un-original. Shiny Gold got me to join here like most, lol. ;)

Lanzar
February 27th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Hmm...I don't remember...I think it was Naranja or Shiny Gold :P

sab
February 27th, 2009, 03:37 PM
My first hack was Naranja. I googled about questions and that's how I found this site.

enViable
February 28th, 2009, 02:27 AM
I reckon it was 'pokemon marble, the good life'

miami
March 5th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Shiny Gold was the first.

SunfloraRocker
March 6th, 2009, 11:22 AM
The first hack I played was Pokemon Quartz It is my favorite hack

ckret2
March 6th, 2009, 05:08 PM
My first was TRE. I found an online GB emulator that had a list of ROMs you could choose from to play, one of them was TRE, and being the Team Rocket nut I am...

Yep, I joined PokéCommunity because of hacking. I'd wanted to make a Team Rocket game for a long time, discovered the Showcase forum when I was googling for more info about TRE to see how it had been made, and signed up.

I shall be unique by saying that not only was Shiny Gold NOT the first hack I played, I haven't even played it yet. I have my seven-year-old Crystal ROM that's still working fine, and I don't feel the need to upgrade from that for a few extra subplots and fancier graphics. There's more nostalgia attached to my old ROM. :P

Kryszajtys
March 8th, 2009, 06:35 AM
the first hacked i played was my own :P
and i Joined PC because i play Pokemon Diamond and PEarl and i vs people on PC

Rokusasu
March 10th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Shiny Gold was the reason I joined this site- I didn't actually realise that people properly hacked Pokemon games (y'know, without all the swearing etc.) until I saw a SG commentary vid on YouTube. o_O; I've played quite a few now. XD

Alice
March 10th, 2009, 03:55 PM
I never have. I did come here because of hacks though... the ones I want to make in the future.

Poreotix
March 11th, 2009, 03:57 PM
The first pokemon hack I played was Quartz It was the game that inspired me to play and maybe make some hacks

diando
March 14th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Pokemon Dragonstone was my first.

Eon-Rider
March 14th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Fancy noticing this thread on the day that I play my first ROM hack. I've always heard about the great reputation of Shiny Gold and I finally decided to try it today.

dogz
March 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
i remember it like it was yesterday i played pokemon orange first

Madaara
March 19th, 2009, 11:08 AM
first rom hack i truly played is emerald 386,and i havent completed it yet.

Keylord777
March 19th, 2009, 07:44 PM
It was Reign of Legdends. I started two days ago. Elite 4 already pwned

RolandHazoto
March 21st, 2009, 08:13 AM
The first hack I ever played was probably Chaos Black or some other hack from back in the gold/silver days. But I immediately dismissed hacks back then and never put much time into them.
The first one I put any time into was Emerald 386 (on my PSP :P)
And then it would be Bloody Diamond and that would also be the hack that caused me to join!

toniblade
March 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
My first ROM hack was pokemon Brown. What a great game. Still haven't finished it.

bewbs
March 22nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
I played a rom of ruby where I had Bellossom as my starter. <3

MEGAS
March 23rd, 2009, 01:30 AM
Orange Version is the first hack I play.http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3588/3374215513_e3b947309e_o.jpg

Fierce.
March 23rd, 2009, 02:25 AM
The first Rom Hack i ever played would had to have been Zel's Shiny Gold.
Thanks to his game was i able to find this awesome site.

kingpink
March 23rd, 2009, 02:08 PM
Mine was the gross pokemon chaos black.... eww D;

KylePokemon
April 2nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
Mine was Pokemon Chaos Black then the Pokemon Ruby Destiny sieries

Joosh
April 3rd, 2009, 04:21 AM
First hack i played was Chaos Black. TERRIBLE HACK.
Big Mistake downloading that tosh.

RustyFlames999
April 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
The first hack I ever played was Pokemon ShinyGold. That was an awsome hack by Zel.

Dark_Myutsu
April 3rd, 2009, 01:07 PM
mine was ruby tallado, it was a very cool hack you can play as all 386 pokemons and it was a little different than a normal ruby, but it had a lot bugs and it's a dead project

YellowAdventure
April 3rd, 2009, 08:00 PM
My first rom hack was Pokemon ShinyGold X beta 5

X-Genius
April 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM
first hacked game I played was Pokemon DragonStone V2.00

Drew
April 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Hmm...

Mine might've been Pokemon Naranja, well with an english patch.. that's the first one that comes to mind anyhoo.

That was a few years ago, however.

mystery913
April 5th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Hmmm... The first rom hack i ever played... it was chaos black... i think... i still remember mt. moon was the farthest you could get. it would have been a good game if they ever finished it

The Prince of Sweet Sorrow
April 6th, 2009, 01:39 PM
What did you play? My first rom hack I played was Gold GBA, then second was Shiny Gold beta 1,2,3,4,5,Blue Sea,Reign of Legends,Rescue Rangers,Ever Night.

xD

Did you join PC because of hacking/A hack?

What was your first hack you played?

Well,i played Reign of Legends,and OMG!It was great,i was bored of the sluggish story of the original pokemon games(they are good,though).
I joined PC so the people would see a hack from me.A really good hack,enjoyable,and not boring.

Draga
April 6th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Pokemon Brown was my 1st Pokemon ROM hack. I never got far though :[

2A4Rulez
April 6th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think my first hack that I played was chaos black,but I didn't like it. Then I played Shiny Gold and i can't remember the rest.

bewbs
April 6th, 2009, 03:58 PM
Mine was a ruby rom, which I had Bellossom as my starter.

BlooMilk C.
April 10th, 2009, 12:44 PM
The first hack I ever played was Chaos Black on its real cartridge.My friend gave it to me.

wee187
April 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Honestly I don't remember xD; it was a long time ago I tried my first hack.

Trikeboy
April 14th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I can't remember the first hack I played but the first one I created was called Pokemon 151. It was a Pokemon Red hack where you could obtain all the Pokemon without trading. I remember hunting through the hex editor to find the wild locations. After I finished it PRTranslations released Pokemap. That irritated me. It's on the internet somewhere.

cuplampghosthunt
April 14th, 2009, 02:15 PM
World Famous Talking Cactus FTW!!!!!

Trikeboy
April 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
I still have World Famous Talking Cactus on my computer. I remember the early days of Pokemon hacking fondly. Those sorts of hacks seemed fantastic. I remember NeoTranslations(?) were the first to add catchable fakemon into the game and even added new routes into red/blue.

darkshuriki
April 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM
shiny gold; that's how I now got at least 20 rom hacks, and no time to play them!
lol

nofamenogame
April 18th, 2009, 01:06 PM
pokemon shiny gold was my first it was very impressing and its got me back into pokemon

grishnax
April 20th, 2009, 04:19 AM
If you are talking about rom hacks in general, my first hack was The Second Reality Project, a hack of Super Mario World. The first pokemon hack I played was Pokemon Prism.

KillerTyphlosion
April 24th, 2009, 06:44 AM
i think my first rom hack i played was an legend of zelda links awekenings dx hack where the characters where replaced with pokemon characters your sword was an bulbasour who uses his vine whip wel it was precise the same as loz dx my second was orange i think it was boring chous black was my 3 but when im saw the starters i quit it richt away the first hack i really enjoyed was pokemon ruby destiny resceu rangers than i played pokemon shiny gold then reign of legends some roms really rock some really suck

ShadowMario128
April 25th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I've played one where it's crystal version but with lv 58 charizards in the first grass O_O
I had to keep saving and hoping wild pokemon didnt come up lol.