PDA

View Full Version : g/s remakes

sneaky sneasel
July 18th, 2008, 09:25 AM
there are many romurs going around about dusk gold and dawn silver if these asre true what would you most like to see happen in these games (new formes new areas new elitefour new clothes) just throw anything out there

KlassicXL
July 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Doubt it's true. Just a rumor picked up from the wondrous internet, but if they did I would say everything. Possibly add every region too which I've yet to see in a game and more custom options.

Nuke
July 18th, 2008, 09:44 AM
There rumours havent been confirmed with anything real yet and I dont think it is going to happen now really, not announced at E3, a year out to concentrate on Ranger 2 and Platinum. I think they'll give the wii another shot before trying this and wait at least a year on from Platinum. I dont see it happening now but I wish it would, 2010/2011 if it is coming.

Likewise
July 18th, 2008, 10:00 AM
well nintendo copyrighted the name pokemon dawn silver......

AJ™
July 18th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I would assume this discussion should go in Pokemon General?
Since this has nothing to do with D/P/PL

Also,
I think for sure they will make a remake of G/S/C, because the did it with Red and Blue, so might as well do it with the fan-favored region!

GS the Bounty Hunter
July 18th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Well,all we can do is cross our fingers and wait for the grand moment when they announce it. (If they announce it.) I just want to face Red again.

Licardo#7
July 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
I thing Pokemon isn't making those games but some body is making a hack of the D/P series. Well now one really knows so this rumor probaly got started by like people saying they shoud make a G/S remake so I think Pokemon will make a G/S remake but in a few years.

Euphoric Magikarp
July 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
If there is a remake keep it mostly the same. I don't want any new forms, new places isn't bad but I don't want another region. Also better graphics.

Mateo
July 18th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Well as you all probably know, Diamond and Pearl's data allows the game to interact with (yet unreleased) games set in Johto. This has been found and posted on Bulbapedia already. There is data allowign it to say a Pokemon was caught in Johto, and there are other hints in D/P also, such as characters from Johto appearing in Cameo rolls such as Jasmine. Also, it would make sense since the D/S added back in features that were lsot between Generation 2 and 3, such as times of day and the Global Trade Station (although this feature of course was only in Japanese Crystal). All in all, I would say it is very likely there will be G/S remakes.

In the event of G/S remakes, one thing I would like is the ability to use Dive in Johto to check out some places such as whirl islands that would undoubtedly have some cool things, such as more cave entrances and perhaps a ship wrecked and underwater having hit the rocks. Secret bases would be nice, although I dont know how well adding the entire underground to Johto as well would work. I would like to see more cool events, more recurring characters, and definitely a return of the Celebi Event (afterall, it would have the GTS where you got the GS Ball in Crystal, why shouldnt we get it, other than Nintendo always screwing us Americans out of Legendary Pokemon). I would also like it to have the Battle tower from Crystal, functioning in the way it did in Japan, using the mobile adapter (Nintendo WiFi connection this time around of course). Finally, I would like to see the story with Lugia slightly reworked so you capture him underwater at Whirl Islands instead of just very deep down in the cave, as this would be more close to reality.

Sweet Candace
July 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
If they do make a remake, why can't they just remake Crystal? It was the better of the three games, and it would save the game creators maybe a year to 2 making 2 or even three. I would love to see you being able to choose whatever region you wanted to go after beating the E4. I think that would open up a lot of possibilites. (But, it would slow down development...)

But with all the advances with Diamond and Pearl; (the GTS, Pal Park, and the "Bonus Area"). I wouldn't be suprised with a remake...

But I wish there could be a way to tap into the old Johto games and somehow take Pokemon from them. (But since there's no way to transfer from G/S/C to R/S/E, I don't think that's possible. And let's not forget the fact, Game Boy games can't be played on a DS Lite...)

July 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
If they do make a remake, why can't they just remake Crystal? It was the better of the three games, and it would save the game creators maybe a year to 2 making 2 or even three. I would love to see you being able to choose whatever region you wanted to go after beating the E4. I think that would open up a lot of possibilites. (But, it would slow down development...)

But with all the advances with Diamond and Pearl; (the GTS, Pal Park, and the "Bonus Area"). I wouldn't be suprised with a remake...

But I wish there could be a way to tap into the old Johto games and somehow take Pokemon from them. (But since there's no way to transfer from G/S/C to R/S/E, I don't think that's possible. And let's not forget the fact, Game Boy games can't be played on a DS Lite...)

They wouldn't remake Crystal because Crystal was a remake of Gold and Silver.

Ow my eyes ;_;

Sweet Candace
July 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Can't they just make one of the two? You could get all the Pokemon from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so I don't really think there's a need for two games...

July 18th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Can't they just make one of the two? You could get all the Pokemon from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh, so I don't really think there's a need for two games...

What? You haven't noticed that Nintendo has been making two games that have the exact same features using different names for years? It's all a quick way to make money, and most of us fall for it.

YOOM-TAH
July 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM
What? You haven't noticed that Nintendo has been making two games that have the exact same features using different names for years? It's all a quick way to make money, and most of us fall for it.

We don't "fall" for it, there's different exclusive pokemon for the game, so we have no choice but to buy em.

Moon lucario
July 18th, 2008, 05:19 PM
There is a remake of gold out its called shiny gold. it may only be a hack game but i belive that could be the closes we will get to a remake of GS

Sweet Candace
July 18th, 2008, 05:24 PM
There is a remake of gold out its called shiny gold. it may only be a hack game but i belive that could be the closes we will get to a remake of GS

We'll probably get a reamake of G/S/C. They've made a remake of Red/Blue/Yellow (without Yellow)

ErickaVolt
July 18th, 2008, 06:02 PM
We will get a remake of it someday. Probably in DS style. Let's say that there will be a e/s/r remake too. Though shiny gold is the only hack and dumbest hack I ever played. -_-

Yamikarasu
July 18th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Yes I think we'll get a remake, but probably not for a few years until Platinum is out.

pong08
July 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM
a remake would be firicken awesome....

masterfun101
July 19th, 2008, 03:57 AM
Well first there will be Platinum and Battonage.(2009)
Then NIntendo will probaly make a shadow pokemon game like XD. (2010)
Then dusk gold or dawn silver or whatever its called will be ours in late 2010.

Ill post some images soon.

andy63
July 19th, 2008, 04:23 AM
the remake will be released, the question is just WHEN!!???

zυgαι∂σѕυ
July 19th, 2008, 05:30 AM
I hope they do! GSC we're my favourites. But, wouldn't it make more sense if they used Entei and Raikou as the main pokemon? Would be fair because they had Crystal/Suicune, Silver/Lugia and Gold/Ho-oh, and these two guys got skipped. xD

Gokey Shuckle
July 19th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I'm not even going to bother to move this thread. These threads have been done to death and really serve no purpose. Post in the Gaming Section next time. Usually, that's common sense.