PDA

View Full Version : most powerfull fire type

Buoysel
July 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Going off of stats not favorites. What is the most powerful fire type? Excluding legendaries.

EDIT: I know I misspelled powerful in the title.

Likewise
July 18th, 2008, 10:44 AM
infernape all the way!(too short)

Buoysel
July 18th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I said no favorites please.

Likewise
July 18th, 2008, 10:54 AM
yah i know it is pretty powerful when you train it right....

eleven
July 18th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I don't think one is more powerful then another. I think it would depend entirely on how you trained your fire type.

Buoysel
July 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I am writing a fanfic, and I am curious as to what the strongest one is.

Yamikarasu
July 18th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Actually, Infernape is very good, at least by Competitive Battle standards. Um... besides that there aren't many... fire isn't the greatest type around.

Buoysel
July 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
fire isn't the greatest type around.

I know I was thinking about using Rapidash, but wasn’t sure. I am already using Arcanine as a different character so that rules it out. The only other fire type I can think about are starters, and I was trying to stay away form them.

Saltare.
July 18th, 2008, 03:11 PM
it all depends on how well you train it. i for one think it would be infernape cuz my infernape took out a lvl 100 palkia in one shot at lvl 36 with Close Combat tell me that isnt powerful

Ambellina
July 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Infernape is fast. Strength-wise I'm thinking Magmotar (sp) or maybe Charizard (fire/dragon)

Sushi.
July 18th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I think Blaziken because it can have some pretty nice Attacks like Blaze Kick and Flamethrower.

July 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Infernape is fast. Strength-wise I'm thinking Magmotar (sp) or maybe Charizard (fire/dragon)

Charizard is not a Fire/Dragon. It's Fire/Flying

I know I was thinking about using Rapidash, but wasn’t sure. I am already using Arcanine as a different character so that rules it out. The only other fire type I can think about are starters, and I was trying to stay away form them.

Rapidash is one of the worst Fire Pokemon. And since you're going by stats, Arcanine isn't either. Go Ho-Oh, but since you insist against the use of legendaries, then the strongest fire type would likely be Infernape. It's sets can really shake apart a team unprepared (unfortunately, all teams are prepared for it.

And Typhlosion with Sunny Day @ Full Health using Eruption will likely decimate anything. So it's all about what your definition of 'strongest'

AJ™
July 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I put my Vote in for Heatran, cause whenever i fight it, i have a hard time :3

BUT.
I think if we're going unlikely,
Fire Plate Arceus.

ErickaVolt
July 18th, 2008, 04:44 PM
That would be Typhlosion. It is even strong against it's weakness. But it depends on how you train it.

J-Rad
July 18th, 2008, 04:54 PM
it all depends on how well you train it. i for one think it would be infernape cuz my infernape took out a lvl 100 palkia in one shot at lvl 36 with Close Combat tell me that isnt powerful
Well that Palkia could have easily had low Def/HP IV's and little to no EV's in those stats. Your Infernape could also have high attack IV's and also considering the fact that a STAB Close-Combat is so dang over-powered it's not even funny. See were I'm going here?

moments.
July 18th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Okai to resolve this I think that Infernape would be the strongest because it has good base stats in both Physical and Special attacks. Both are quite high as well if I recall correctly..
If this is for a fanfic though, you could easily choose any fire Pokemon and make like it is a special Pokemon. Like in the Anime, not all the Pokemon are the strongest, but they make them appear so strong it is actually funny.

Cassino
July 18th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'd guess say Rapidash or Arcanine, but you could simply go to Bulbapedia and search around all the fire Pokemon, comparing their stats until you find the strongest one overall.

Moon lucario
July 19th, 2008, 12:08 AM
hmmm strongest fire is arceus. why you may ask? arceus may start out as a normal type. but give him a fire plate and he'll become fire type and keep his strong stats. so technically arceus is the strongest fire and strongest pokemon of each type.

moments.
July 19th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but stated in the first post is "Excluding Legendaries..."

.emerald
July 19th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Charizard (fire/dragon)

Dude,Charizard is fire/flying....

I think Blaziken because it can have some pretty nice Attacks like Blaze Kick and Flamethrower.
i Do agree.....
it depends on the nature & the way the trainer uses it,It has high attack & sp.atk,descent speed is a count...

strongest fire type would likely be Infernape. It's sets can really shake apart a team unprepared (unfortunately, all teams are prepared for it.

And Typhlosion with Sunny Day @ Full Health using Eruption will likely decimate anything. So it's all about what your definition of 'strongest'

i wouldn't actually agree Infernape is the strongest,i think its because of that Close-Combat thing...
lowers def & sp.def
after that attack,infernape would be more vulnerable with all those earthquake,surf pokemon running around.
But it is strong, ill tell you that.

I put my Vote in for Heatran, cause whenever i fight it, i have a hard time :3

BUT.
I think if we're going unlikely,
Fire Plate Arceus.

No legandaries dude..

hmmm strongest fire is arceus. why you may ask? arceus may start out as a normal type. but give him a fire plate and he'll become fire type and keep his strong stats. so technically arceus is the strongest fire and strongest pokemon of each type.

same as^no legendaries, the creator of specifically told us:"Excluding legendaries."

Moon lucario
July 19th, 2008, 06:28 AM
Sorry to burst your bubble but stated in the first post is "Excluding Legendaries..."

ah lol i didnt see that. ok then strongest would have to be infernape with his type duo.

Rokeriukas
July 19th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I would say either Blaziken(nice speed, good mix of fire fighting moves) or Magmotar(I'm suprised that nobody mentioned him, I mean didn't you watch the final fight between gary and ash?Magmar has the strongest fire type move and magmotar's power is even stronger!).

chevelleROCKER
July 19th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I'd say Heatran... he's just good all around (my opinion) and a mix between fire and steel? Just amazing!

The Bringer!
July 19th, 2008, 01:32 PM
^ No legendaries...

Competitive battling wise, Infernape is the strongest fire type. However, like someone else mentioned earlier, if it's for a fanfic you really could use almost any fire type.

Moon lucario
July 19th, 2008, 01:41 PM
well if we r talking legendaries arceus is the strongest fire because of his ability to change types and his stats. non legendary would be infernape because of stats.

Buoysel
July 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
To make this question more answerable; If all the fire types got in battle, who would win?

Postman
July 19th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It depends on alot of stuff

What is powerful to you?
Most attack? defensive? strategy? special attack? fastest?

In my opinion Infernape is the best Fire Type.
Because of its Speed and Close Combat.
It can take all of the fire types with one Close Combat (depending on builds).
I think Torkoal is the only fire type (non legend) that can take a close combat from it and hit back with an Earthquake

The Bringer!
July 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
To make this question more answerable; If all the fire types got in battle, who would win?

That actually makes the answer different. Now the question is more like: Which is the best fire type to hurt other fire types with? The answer to that would probably still be infernape, because I'm sure it can learn earthquake via TM. Since it's one of the fastest fires it would most likely destroy the other fire types that are weak to ground. However, if you're set against using starters, magmortar would be a good choice as one of the best fire types (although it's lacking in the looks department).

.emerald
July 21st, 2008, 06:45 AM
I'd say Heatran... he's just good all around (my opinion) and a mix between fire and steel? Just amazing!

Dude,no legends,its already mentioned!!!(Heatran is a good pokemon though...)

Z o M B ii 3
July 22nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
http://i36.tinypic.com/309k8jd_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=309k8jd&s=4)
Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar are the strongest fire types.

Syn
July 22nd, 2008, 05:14 PM
Hmmm...for best physical i say rapidash,no doubt...

for special....probably infernape or charizard

July 22nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Hmmm...for best physical i say rapidash,no doubt...

for special....probably infernape or charizard

Rapidash sucks. And the best Special Sweeper in the fire category is Magmortar.

Dude,Charizard is fire/flying....

i Do agree.....
it depends on the nature & the way the trainer uses it,It has high attack & sp.atk,descent speed is a count...

i wouldn't actually agree Infernape is the strongest,i think its because of that Close-Combat thing...
lowers def & sp.def
after that attack,infernape would be more vulnerable with all those earthquake,surf pokemon running around.
But it is strong, ill tell you that.

So? He outspeeds a huge chunk of the metagame.

No legandaries dude..

same as^no legendaries, the creator of specifically told us:"Excluding legendaries."

I would say either Blaziken(nice speed, good mix of fire fighting moves) or Magmotar(I'm suprised that nobody mentioned him, I mean didn't you watch the final fight between gary and ash?Magmar has the strongest fire type move and magmotar's power is even stronger!).

Blaziken has horrible speed, and is basically an inferior Infernape.

.emerald
July 23rd, 2008, 05:09 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/309k8jd_th.jpg (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=309k8jd&s=4)

Dude,their poison-ghost....they aren't fire type...

Rapidash sucks. And the best Special Sweeper in the fire category is Magmortar.

Blaziken has horrible speed, and is basically an inferior Infernape.

I agree,rapidash does suck....

so counter would be a good move against it..(if physical)

Terri
July 23rd, 2008, 05:29 AM
i reackon charizard, it's got a pretty high special attack which is better than arcanine and its speed is high as well

rapidash isn't one of the worst, it's attack and speed is quite high, though there's not many physical fire moves

i think blaziken and inferape are both quite similar stat wise, but infernape is much faster

Charizard EX
July 23rd, 2008, 09:12 PM
The strongest would be CHARIZARD!

revelp8
July 23rd, 2008, 09:31 PM
infernape and charizard are my ties.

battling and competitiveness: infernape is quick and hits hard, and is movepool is massive. although, if he can't OHKO, then it is severely in danger in getting KO'd. charizard can take a hit well, although SR does horrible damage to it as well as other rock type moves. but its available to kick ass as a bellyzard. max attack, couple with fire punch for the stab and blaze, well, im sure some of you have seen the results.

Dukey
July 23rd, 2008, 09:38 PM
Charizard or Blaziken are my picks

.emerald
July 24th, 2008, 09:33 PM
The strongest would be CHARIZARD!

i don't think so...
it has 1 ultra eff., although it is fast,it cannot decimate that much of a pokemon that well,but it is strong,ill tell you that...

PkEpiph
July 25th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I think we would have to vote for Infernape.

.emerald
July 25th, 2008, 06:34 PM
It depends on alot of stuff
In my opinion Infernape is the best Fire Type.
Because of its Speed and Close Combat.
It can take all of the fire types with one Close Combat (depending on builds).
I think Torkoal is the only fire type (non legend) that can take a close combat from it and hit back with an Earthquake

The Close combat thing is demanding...
Your A LOT more vulnerable to the pokemon you used it to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmvYXnBFeU
(like that for ex.)
But infernape is also strong.
Ihate that effect of lowering both defensive stats..

I don't think Torkoal can physical wall for its life.

July 25th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Dude,their poison-ghost....they aren't fire type...

LEARN TO SPOT A JOKE

I agree,rapidash does suck....

so counter would be a good move against it..(if physical)

The Close combat thing is demanding...
Your A LOT more vulnerable to the pokemon you used it to...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmvYXnBFeU
(like that for ex.)
But infernape is also strong.
Ihate that effect of lowering both defensive stats..

I don't think Torkoal can physical wall for its life.

Infernape has paper thin defenses anyway. Everyone uses Close Combat because it's his best move.

ShadowNHL
July 25th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Ho-oh would be but if your not looking at legends then Infernape

Z o M B ii 3
July 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM

No they arn't dummy.
[Filler Filler]

July 25th, 2008, 09:30 PM
No they arn't dummy.

[Filler Filler]

Oh wow...If anyone is the dummy here, it's you sunshine. Learn to spot a joke.

devilicious
July 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Statistically speaking it's Ho-Oh. Or Fire Plate Arceus. :B

Z o M B ii 3
July 25th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Oh wow...If anyone is the dummy here, it's you sunshine. Learn to spot a joke.
If your talking about me in place of "sunshine", I'm the one that posted it.
I was trying to point that out to LOYALemerald or w/e.

amarj3
July 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
probably charizard, he can learn the most powerful moves of fire,dragon,flying,fighting and normal. not many others can do that and he can fly. has good speed to match any and defense and attack.

would say he can beat his weaknesses too which is good

Avey
July 27th, 2008, 01:00 PM

I laughed out loud, which is rare. Great post, my friend, great post.

As for strongest Fire-Type, isn't it Arcanine? Doesn't he have the greatest speed/Special Attack/Movepool or am I mistaken?

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Infernape has paper thin defenses anyway. Everyone uses Close Combat because it's his best move.
Yeah sure....Close combat away....

No they arn't dummy.
[Filler Filler]

If your talking about me in place of "sunshine", I'm the one that posted it.
I was trying to point that out to LOYALemerald or w/e.

Ive got humor dude, But this isn't the thread to post these kinda' things...tssk.. the people these days...And seriously, why would anyone believe that^!!!!

July 27th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yeah sure....Close combat away....

Good luck using Brick Break.

Ive got humor dude, But this isn't the thread to post these kinda' things...tssk.. the people these days...And seriously, why would anyone believe that^!!!!

No one would, it's supposed to be a joke.

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
No one would, it's supposed to be a joke.
That was what i was trying to bring out too Seth Retrobyte. & this is not even the place to crack those things!?!?!
I know its a joke.

July 27th, 2008, 07:31 PM
That was what i was trying to bring out too Seth Retrobyte. & this is not even the place to crack those things!?!?!
I know its a joke.

Why can't someone make some lighthearted humor?

.emerald
July 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Why can't someone make some lighthearted humor?
Everyone can do it.Despite that, he called me "dummy". i was just trying to point that out.