PDA

View Full Version : Caught meh first shiny.... WOO!

ChronicEdge
July 18th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I was walking through Eterna Forest after unsuccesfully hunting Heracross when I stumbled upon a Wurmple. Now, normally I would have killed it and continued on my merry way, but I just had a gut feeling that I needed to catch this Wurmple. It was slightly difficult seeing as I only had Pokemon who would have one-hit it had I dealt damage, but after the second Pokeball it succumbed. So, I headed back to meh PC to get a closer look at it, and sure enough, it was shiny. Like, all purple-ey n' stuff. And it was TIMID!!! So now I have a Speed and Special Attack EV'd male Shiny Beautifly.

Little bit of sarcasm in there, for those who didn't catch on. I suggest you go smother yourself in celophane.

Just kidding.

Or am I.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

TurtleKing
July 18th, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hiphip hooray? My first Shiny was a loooooong time ago. Back to GSC years. First entered the Ilex Forest and encountered a shiny Oddish. it had golden weeds for crying out loud.

SherlockHolmeboy
July 18th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Awesome! My first shiny was a Pelipper. :P

Sadistic Typhlosion
July 18th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Mine was a Meowth that is now a Persian. ^^ (Technically, the first I saw was a Golbat on Sapphire, but I thought it was a glitch in my game. (I had no damn Poké Balls left, either. -_-) My cousin and I called it the "Mutant Golbat" until we found out what shinies were. ;_; Then , we got mad at each other, saying it was the other's fault. XD)

Nikko.Ideator
July 18th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Awesome dude! I found a Shining Geodude today! I used to have a Shiny Crobat, Ludicolo, and Golem on my Ruby, but I lost it!!!!!GAH!!!!!!!

Renyui!
July 18th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Cool. I've never had a shiny (unless red Gyrados counts) But my brother caught a shiny graveler.

ErickaVolt
July 18th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Sweet. I just caught a Shiny Ponyta. I can't remember but I think my Ponyta is the 16th Shiny Pokemon I caught.

Gold warehouse
July 19th, 2008, 12:39 AM
Only ever caught one, a Magnemite

blossem577
July 19th, 2008, 12:44 AM
*snivel* ive never had a shiny... mind you, i dont go 'hunting' for pokemon. only if i need them. cuz i breed them, then hatch them. then flog 'em on the GTS. my life... great aint it?

moments.
July 19th, 2008, 12:46 AM
At least you guys could catch your first shiny!
My first shiny happened to be the second Pokemon I found on Ruby Version.
The first being Poochyena who attacks the Prof. Then when I was sent to find my rival for the first time, I stumbled across a reddish Zigzagoon. I quickly ran to the computer to check if it was shiny and it was!
Too bad you couldn't have Pokeballs at that stage of the game...
I had to run away from my first shiny...

Azumi
July 19th, 2008, 02:30 AM
Mine was a Tentacruel. Well, it wasn't mine at first. My brother caught it in his Emerald game and migrated it into my Pearl game.

zυgαι∂σѕυ
July 19th, 2008, 02:33 AM
The first shiny, appart from the red gyrados from GSC, I caught was a bibarel. ;-; Of all the pokemon. xD I've also missed: A Shiny Geodude and a shiny onix. Because my smelly Magmortar thought it was fun to critical hit them. xD O' well.

Nuke
July 19th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I have a few shinies but I've never encountered one.

moments.
July 19th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Well although my First and only encounter of a shiny slipped from me, I actually have a number if shinies from trades and what not.

agentk_b
August 9th, 2008, 04:51 PM
my first not including the gyarados, was a slugma from emerld :) I have caught a few more since then.

The Bringer!
August 9th, 2008, 05:29 PM
My first was a tentacool in Ruby, which I was able to catch. The funny thing is, I got my second and third shining pokemon on the same day. A duskull and a linoone ^_^ . I don't go hunting for shinings on purpose, I just wait for them to appear. (and I'm terrible at chaining xD)

Cassino
August 9th, 2008, 05:39 PM
I've seen a shiny Cubone in Crystal and a shiny X Unown in Fire Red.
Both were blue, neither was caught.

MyLittleShop
August 9th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Congratz, my first shiny was a shiny ditto... *looks into the past*

Haza
August 9th, 2008, 05:47 PM
Congrats, my first shiny was a shiny Zubat on ruby, then on FireRed a ratatta.

STK
August 9th, 2008, 05:50 PM
My first shiny was a Dunsparce in Gold. Then a Cleffa.

Haza
August 9th, 2008, 06:00 PM
By brother found a shiny Nidorana in LeafGreen but it ran and that same day he encountered it again and it got awy once more! It was quite funny.

Lo~li~Pop
July 21st, 2009, 05:41 AM
Well I do look back now and I think I had a few shinies on Gold, but I can't fully remeber. Also my first real shiney that I had was the baby form of Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan and I didn't knew it was because I breed it. Anyway, I restarted the game for my brother and then later found out that it was infact a shiney. The first shiney I saw and knew it was a shiney was a Ponyta in Pearl, but I accidently hit "run" and I didn't caught it. Now the first shiney that I caught was a Whismur in Emerald.

JeTz
July 21st, 2009, 05:47 AM
My first shiny was a Pidgey back to GSC version.

I was exicted and kept on using it

dark_giratina
July 21st, 2009, 05:49 AM
i remember the first shiny i caught on G/S/C, a Donphan.Didnt even know it was shiny until I asked my older brother and he pointed it out to me.I also remember having a shiny Aipom, though i totally forgot where from.Also, by an incredible stroke of luck, I was checking back on one of the trees i had smeared honey on, and voila, a shiny Aipom. I put it down quite a bit, and threw my only pokeball at it.It shook 3 times, stayed still a little, then...popped right back out of the pokeball.Nearly destroyed my whole DS, i was that annoyed.

Cherrim
July 21st, 2009, 06:07 AM
Well I do look back now and I think I had a few shinies on Gold, but I can't fully remeber. Also my first real shiney that I had was the baby form of Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan and I didn't knew it was because I breed it. Anyway, I restarted the game for my brother and then later found out that it was infact a shiney. The first shiney I saw and knew it was a shiney was a Ponyta in Pearl, but I accidently hit "run" and I didn't caught it. Now the first shiney that I caught was a Whismur in Emerald.
...this thread is a year old...